AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-02, 02:38   Link #4241
Spamamdorf

Also he was trying to jump it not swing on it since I think that'd be a lot less impressive :P
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 14:06   Link #4242
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
can somebody refresh my memory of where it was said that Rin also saw Shirou (when he was small) swinging on the bar, I remember Sakura in HF, but I don't remember Rin though.
I dunno if it's mentioned in UBW, but it's definitely mentioned in HF.
Old 2013-05-11, 03:02   Link #4243
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I think it might be hinted at in UBW. She says something like back then under the sunset or something but she doesn't explain what she's talking/thinking about.

But its in HF she tells the whole tale.
Old 2013-05-26, 01:07   Link #4244
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What kind of person does Caren trust? It seems she trusts Shirou. Though it seems she likes using her Mystic Code.
Old 2013-05-26, 10:21   Link #4245
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
She seems to trust people in general just fine, she just likes ruining people's day, but isn't quite as twisted as her father about it. It's like she has an allergy to joy. The irony being that she has a real allergy to malicious spirits and malcontent.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 11:55   Link #4246
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Sadly it was noy translated but she does like using her Mystic Code often.
Old 2013-05-26, 18:57   Link #4247
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Sadly it was noy translated but she does like using her Mystic Code often.
What wasn't translated? F/HA? That's almost done you know? (I cant think of anything else Caren's been in)
Old 2013-05-26, 20:08   Link #4248
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

3.1? There's some parts missing.
Old 2013-05-26, 20:43   Link #4249
Spamamdorf

Ah you meant just that it hadnt been translated yet, I thought you meant it wasn't going to be picked up at all, yeah the new patch still has quite a bit missing but apparently they're pretty close to done
Old 2013-05-26, 23:58   Link #4250
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
She seems to trust people in general just fine, she just likes ruining people's day, but isn't quite as twisted as her father about it. It's like she has an allergy to joy. The irony being that she has a real allergy to malicious spirits and malcontent.
The irony...

Yeah, does she like to wrap up men too? In the red cloth?
Old 2013-05-27, 09:00   Link #4251
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
The impression I get is that she just likes teasing people, rather than actually hurting people. She hates people suffering in any real way.
Old 2013-05-27, 16:41   Link #4252
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
She likes teasing people because she had an aversion to joy, there was one scene in Hollow where she says something similiar, like she bound him up in the burial cloth because he looked happy. And she does enjoy harassing people, that much is true, just less than Kotomine's standard.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-27, 22:14   Link #4253
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
The impression I get is that she just likes teasing people, rather than actually hurting people. She hates people suffering in any real way.
Is this true? The impression I was getting through Carnival Phantasm and any other stuff she's been in was far from her hating people suffering, heck it was the opposite, that she likes people to suffer just not as much as Kirei does
Old 2013-05-28, 14:01   Link #4254
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamamdorf View Post
Is this true? The impression I was getting through Carnival Phantasm and any other stuff she's been in was far from her hating people suffering, heck it was the opposite, that she likes people to suffer just not as much as Kirei does
Yes, and if you believe Carnival Phantasm Sakura is an evil bitch Yandere who likes being abused because it brings her attention....

Carnival Phantasm is not a reliable source of character information. It is at best horribly flanderised, and sometimes (as in Sakura's case) just plain wrong.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 14:22   Link #4255
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

carnival phantasm is meant as a joke through and through
Old 2013-05-28, 22:05   Link #4256
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Yes, and if you believe Carnival Phantasm Sakura is an evil bitch Yandere who likes being abused because it brings her attention....
Carnival Phantasm is not a reliable source of character information. It is at best horribly flanderised, and sometimes (as in Sakura's case) just plain wrong.
Implying that isn't totally true, Kirei says it himself that he's not going to spend his last moments listening to someone bitch because he gives no fucks and she keeps going on about it trying to make him feel bad for her. And she has a good amount of Yandere moments in FSN as well.

It's always taken to extremes perhaps in CP but for all the FSN characters parodies of their character or not they always have enough truth in them that I think about it and go "yeah, I could see this happening" so I just assumed the same was true for the H/F characters is all, it's also what I hear about her on 4chan but then they could be kidding around, still, it's been truthful so far
Old 2013-05-28, 22:50   Link #4257
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Implying that isn't totally true, Kirei says it himself that he's not going to spend his last moments listening to someone bitch because he gives no fucks and she keeps going on about it trying to make him feel bad for her. And she has a good amount of Yandere moments in FSN as well.
It's not true at all. If you go look up what a Yandere is, Sakura does not come close to fitting it. Dark Sakura doesn't, even.

Also, Nasu makes it abundantly clear that Dark Sakura is being strongly influenced by the darkness and is not her normal self.

Quote:
It's always taken to extremes perhaps in CP but for all the FSN characters parodies of their character or not they always have enough truth in them that I think about it and go "yeah, I could see this happening" so I just assumed the same was true for the H/F characters is all
Yeah, well, it's not true for Sakura at all. The people who wrote CP (or, rather, the doujin it's based on) just don't like her.

Quote:
it's also what I hear about her on 4chan but then they could be kidding around, still, it's been truthful so far
Lol, what? You seriously trust what 4chan says?
Old 2013-05-29, 00:01   Link #4258
Spamamdorf

You dont trust 4chan? Obviously opinions are opinions but as far as hard facts and interpretations go I've yet to have found any major problems with it, heck going and discussing things with the /a/nons there makes lots of things clearer when I'm in doubt, it's how I finally got how Kirei ticked in each of his scenes.

And yes, I know what a Yandere is, who doesn't really now. And I definetly remember at least a few moments where Sakura grail or no grail thinks if she gets rid of Rin she'd have an easier time with Shirou. The people who wrote CP like Sakura just fine what are you talking about, heck she got her own entire episode despite being the most side character-y of the heroines. And she stays pretty much true to her character in the show not sure what you watched, the only thing I can think of that's off would be her blaming her getting abused on her being a tragic heroine who's beatiful or whatever it was she said. And even then it works when you think of how it's a parody ie: taking an existing trait to an extreme for fun.
Old 2013-05-29, 04:29   Link #4259
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The majority of Sakura discussions I have seen on 4chan consists of slutshaming jerks complaining about how slutty she is. I wouldn't take any of their discussions seriously.

The feelings Sakura has towards Rin are complicated and doesn't really have that much to do with Shirou. Her thinking about getting rid of Rin (which I'm pretty sure she doesn't. She just wishes she wasn't there). Stems more from abandonment and an inferiority complex than jealousy in regards to Shirou. Rin represents everything Sakura wishes she could be.

And yeah she got an entire episode making fun of abusive relationships. I really don't see it as a plus.
Old 2013-05-29, 09:50   Link #4260
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
You dont trust 4chan? Obviously opinions are opinions but as far as hard facts and interpretations go I've yet to have found any major problems with it, heck going and discussing things with the /a/nons there makes lots of things clearer when I'm in doubt, it's how I finally got how Kirei ticked in each of his scenes.
I sure as hell don't trust 4chan when it comes to opinions of characters, no, especially ones they can troll about. Particularly since I've actually played the game and know damn well they're talking crap.

Quote:
And yes, I know what a Yandere is, who doesn't really now. And I definetly remember at least a few moments where Sakura grail or no grail thinks if she gets rid of Rin she'd have an easier time with Shirou.
What?

Have you actually played HF? Because Sakura never thinks "I'll get rid of Rin so I can have Shirou". Hell, Sakura doesn't even think "I want Shirou", really. She would like to be with him, but she doesn't consider herself "worthy" of him.

As Usami said, her issues with Rin are mostly unrelated to Shirou. The only way Shirou enters into it is that Zouken manipulates Sakura into worrying that Rin might harm him. And, wanting to protect the guy you love is not Yandere, that's just normal human nature. Sakura never does any of the standard Yandere things, even when dark. She doesn't chase after Shirou or try to take him for herself, she just tries to keep him safe.

Quote:
The people who wrote CP like Sakura just fine what are you talking about, heck she got her own entire episode despite being the most side character-y of the heroines.
OK, now you're just being silly. She gets far less screen-time than the other heroines, and her "entire episode" consists almost entirely of bashing her. Hardly what I'd call "liking her just fine".

Quote:
And she stays pretty much true to her character in the show not sure what you watched
What planet are you on? Her character doesn't include gratuitously beating up Rider for protecting her.

Quote:
the only thing I can think of that's off would be her blaming her getting abused on her being a tragic heroine who's beatiful or whatever it was she said. And even then it works when you think of how it's a parody ie: taking an existing trait to an extreme for fun.
But that's not an "existing trait", because Sakura never acts like that, in any way, shape or form.