AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-05, 03:19   Link #181
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
See the comment in the other thread, but I think they'll go all the way to Episode 16 to conclude the last novel, and in that sense they're "on-track". The novel comes out a few weeks before Episode 13 airs anyway, so it was never really going to be "simultaneous" in the first place.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 04:00   Link #182
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
See the comment in the other thread, but I think they'll go all the way to Episode 16 to conclude the last novel, and in that sense they're "on-track". The novel comes out a few weeks before Episode 13 airs anyway, so it was never really going to be "simultaneous" in the first place.
Well, relatively simultaneous

Has it been confirmed of the direct to BD ending like the first season?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 18:15   Link #183
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Has it been confirmed of the direct to BD ending like the first season?
Well, yes, and the fact that it'll be simulcast in some way as well before the BDs are released. (ref)
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 06:20   Link #184
Wilshere
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Age: 20
By the time the final volume comes out (June 6) the series will be at episode 10 and I think it will be the start of volume 10 ,my thoughts are that the final 3 episodes 14-16 are for the final volume. 13 episode will be out on the 28th of June,will the 3 final episodes be released the following week or ?
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 13:25   Link #185
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
will the 3 final episodes be released the following week or ?
They'll be ready when they're ready, but probably until the months that follow. The actual Blu-Ray releases should be in December and January, so they have a fair bit of time to get it done. I wouldn't expect it too quickly, though.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 21:39   Link #186
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
I wasn't really sure where to put this at first, but I ended up deciding on this thread. With the next episode of the anime being a title call, I got to wondering if they might run the OP as an ending song next week (similar to what they did at the end of Episode 15 in the first season). Usually the lyrics of the opening song are particularly well-suited to this sort of "title call" (and it was particularly potent in Episode 15 of Season 1), and so that's why I'm putting it under "Spoilers & Speculation" (since I think the lyrics will probably mean more to people familiar with the novel content).

And so, with that in mind, I started asking myself what the lyrics were to the full song... and decided to try my hand at it. (I tried to use a bit of poetic license where it made sense, without (intentionally) changing the meaning. The bridge was also a killer due to the way the lines were split -- I think I figured out the linkages after many reads/listens...)

reunion

TL;DR…
Japanese lyrics
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

TL;DR…
Rough English translation
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?


Anyway, my personal conclusion after reading all the lyrics...
Spoilers
Spoiler for Late Novel Content
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
[...]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-26 at 00:23.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 22:57   Link #187
Flying Dagger
覇道/希求を胸中に抱いて
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Spoiler for they cut that part in ep8...:


Now that half the anime is aired, I can't help but to feel that the flow of the anime is extremely Kirino-centric and would eventually head towards some sort of a Kirino-based conclusion (and this is not something only 3 episodes - possibly representing the final volume - can change).

The last episode might carry the title ore no kanojo ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai.

Food for thought: what if the author leaves both the anime and novels to an open end BUT retain that as the title of the last episode... hmm...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-25, 23:19   Link #188
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler for they cut that part in ep8...:
At least it's worth noting that said scene was clearly referenced. It's almost certain that it will be featured on the drama CDs. But that doesn't do anything to disprove your central point in that regard.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Now that half the anime is aired, I can't help but to feel that the flow of the anime is extremely Kirino-centric and would eventually head towards some sort of a Kirino-based conclusion (and this is not something only 3 episodes - possibly representing the final volume - can change).
I think this isn't actually a difference between the novel and the anime, but the anime's time-crunch focuses more on the more central matters. I think both the novel and the anime will have "Kirino-based conclusions", no matter what the romantic implications/entanglements are. In the end, it's really the story about the two of them, and everyone else is connected from there.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 00:07   Link #189
GVN.Chaos
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Spoiler for Another scene that they cut ep8...:
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 02:25   Link #190
jandkas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
I'm pretty sure on ANN they said the extra 3 episodes are being released simultaneously on the internet though...
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 03:48   Link #191
Wilshere
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Age: 20
Why did they not show the part when he fell on Kirino??? lol was looking forward to it. Plus, why did volume 8 get 3 episodes??? If so then volume 9 might get only one where it is the wedding dress of kirino because volume 10 is connected to what happened there.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 04:19   Link #192
VTP-DDM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Volume 9 might only need one episode, considering the chapters aren't as long or as content heavy as the other volume's. They integrated a bit of Hinata's chapter in the last two episodes, and Saori's exposition chapter was EP3. They'll probably do the same again for the next episode with the late night talk between Kirino and Kuroneko.

If Volume 9 gets one episode, then I reckon the first part will cover the chapter with Kyousuke/Ayase/Kanako at the show, which is where I think they'll include the cut Ayase scene to help establish the context, and the final part or ending will be the wedding dress chapter. Then they could seamlessly move on to Volume 10.

I feel this sort of reshuffling is quite logical. Since Ayase is going to receive a lot of focus soon, it makes to save some her more important scenes so it doesn't disturb the current Kuroneko focus too much.

On a side, I hope they animate the "who's got the cutest sister" contest between Kyousuke and Akagi and the "who's brother is bigger siscon" contest between Kirino and Snea, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like they'll be able to fit those stories in.
VTP-DDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 08:30   Link #193
shironeko8
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
I've only recently finished reading the novels, i watched the anime's first but started reading it before EP 6 Season 2 started. I really am sad that i should have read the novels first, never thought i'd be THIS sad knowing what the next episodes will have to offer.

Anyway, one things for sure, this is just part of Kuroneko's "ceremony" right? Since she knows even is Kirino said it's alright for Kyousuke to have a girlfriend, it really isn't alright for her and she worries and might come as a problem in the future so the only way to express Kirino's real feelings was to break up with Kyousuke.
But it doesn't mean she has given up on him and next time she'll be making sure Kyousuke will be the one who will confess to her. Did i get that right? I just wanna make sure so i can still look forward to something in the final volume and/or in the anime finale.

I think the reason why they didn't show the part when Kyousuke fell on Kirino was well, just my speculation, either they will show that in the next episode or they literally left it out, possibly leading to a more non-incest ending in the anime.
The lack of Ayase's part in the beginning did kinda surprise me, that's important if they wanna build up the relationship of the two. But i do also agree that it might be shown in the episodes to come as a flashback, if not, then there is a higher chance of not having a Ayase End.

still routing for Ruri all the way. lol
__________________
shironeko8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 09:22   Link #194
Mystic_Vegetto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTP-DDM View Post
Volume 9 might only need one episode, considering the chapters aren't as long or as content heavy as the other volume's. They integrated a bit of Hinata's chapter in the last two episodes, and Saori's exposition chapter was EP3. They'll probably do the same again for the next episode with the late night talk between Kirino and Kuroneko.

If Volume 9 gets one episode, then I reckon the first part will cover the chapter with Kyousuke/Ayase/Kanako at the show, which is where I think they'll include the cut Ayase scene to help establish the context, and the final part or ending will be the wedding dress chapter. Then they could seamlessly move on to Volume 10.

I feel this sort of reshuffling is quite logical. Since Ayase is going to receive a lot of focus soon, it makes to save some her more important scenes so it doesn't disturb the current Kuroneko focus too much.

On a side, I hope they animate the "who's got the cutest sister" contest between Kyousuke and Akagi and the "who's brother is bigger siscon" contest between Kirino and Snea, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like they'll be able to fit those stories in.
I think they could take the "Wedding Dress" part of the novel and also mix it in to the beginning of Volume 10 to make 1 episode. Then we can see the important parts of v10 animated before they move to Volume 11. I think the anime will either end with the end of v10 or v11.
__________________
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 22:14   Link #195
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
I think the anime will either end with the end of v10 or v11.
Well, it was already announced that the extra episodes (to be streamed after the TV airing is over) will cover all the way to the end of Volume 12. But it obviously we don't know yet whether those last three will just be v12, or whether they'll be v11 & 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
I'm pretty sure on ANN they said the extra 3 episodes are being released simultaneously on the internet though...
Well, just to be clearer, the "simultaneously" here doesn't mean that all three episodes will air all at once (in a single set), just that they'll be shown online both in Japan and the rest of the world.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 16:21   Link #196
sooj
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
ok so i literally just registered to say one thing and one thing only
it seems to me like, judging from things being left out in the anime, the kirino end can be more or less excluded for sure.

That moment where they fight over the phone and end up in an even more compromising position than that time in season 1, gone.
That moment where kyousuke wakes up his sister- if you've read the novels or even summaries you can't have forgotten about it, apparently replaced by a simple slap if we can trust the preview.

Why dump important wincest moments if not because it's not going to end this way?

I guess I'll just wait and see how it all ends like everyone else anyways, but I still rest my case.
sooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 17:02   Link #197
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooj View Post
That moment where they fight over the phone and end up in an even more compromising position than that time in season 1, gone.
That moment where kyousuke wakes up his sister- if you've read the novels or even summaries you can't have forgotten about it, apparently replaced by a simple slap if we can trust the preview.

Why dump important wincest moments if not because it's not going to end this way?

I guess I'll just wait and see how it all ends like everyone else anyways, but I still rest my case.
Well, if it were *only* Kirino scenes that were getting dropped, maybe, but I think scenes featuring other heroines were also dropped/altered/shortened/etc. For example, people pointed out that a pretty important (depending on your perspective) Ayase scene was also cut from the most recent episode and only alluded to. I've also heard Kuroneko fans insist that the anime cut way too much from her recent episodes too. So in the end, if you consider how much was cut overall to reduce this 12-volume novel series to 31 TV episodes, I think it probably works out to a wash. (And I don't think we should necessarily use the preview to pre-judge what is cut from the next episode just yet.)
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:25   Link #198
VTP-DDM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
If you cast your mind back to episode four of the first season, they actually made the scene where Kyousuke falls on Kirino worse by having him actually grope her chest and not look like he was about to, as it was in the novel. In the same season, they cut an entire chapter about Manami and a fair bit of Kyousuke/Kuroneko bonding was cut since they decided to change the events of Volume 3 from a story about fraud to creating an anime. And as has been pointed out, certain scenes have been cut or changed this season.

I don't believe their motive for doing this is to hint at any particular ending. Rather, they probably feel that the removal of certain scenes will make the anime more coherent and allow them to maintain the atmosphere they want to establish in certain episodes. If they decide to just go with a slap as Kyousuke's method of waking Kirino up next episode, they may do so to avoid mood whiplash.

Regardless, the anime is following the novel's story despite a couple of scene changes here and there. The novels have yet to rule out any ending, so you'd expect the anime to follow suit.
VTP-DDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 18:59   Link #199
Flying Dagger
覇道/希求を胸中に抱いて
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Come to think of it, Kirino has been hugged, groped, seen all naked... only thing left would be a kiss.

I should reread all the oreimo novels this up coming week while I wait for (spoilers) of the last volume to arrive.

I think the scenes selected for the anime are quite important. The romantic tension in the 2nd half of oreimo is much denser: and if Kyousuke just end up with a heroine without any build up in the anime it would feel really awkward.

Think Manami: when is the last time we seen her doing anything important, beside being used as a medium to connect Kyousuke and Ayase (<3).

The oreimo anime is still moving at a VERY fast pace though. This might be good news for Ayase fans (*pts to self*) as she takes on a more prominent rule in the later volumes (ie: getting him to act as Kanoko's manager again, and v10...).

V12 cover has not yet been released right? I expect it to be something along the lines of Kyousuke and Kirino holding hands... Either that or a pic of the entire cast.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 19:10   Link #200
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
V12 cover has not yet been released right? I expect it to be something along the lines of Kyousuke and Kirino holding hands... Either that or a pic of the entire cast.
It has been released (though without the overlay text yet). It's a picture of Kyousuke and Kirino walking towards the horizon happily, with Kirino holding Kyousuke's graduation certificate.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.