AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-05-17, 08:20   Link #601
Dwalin
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Milan; Italy
I like Lamune which is quite a simple but cute anime. I don't know how many people actually hate it, but I saw reviews in which Nanami was called retarded and those wishing China would send and army to slaughter all characters at the end.
Dwalin is offline  
Old 2013-05-17, 11:07   Link #602
Soverence
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Where the Sky Touches the Sea
Age: 20
I really liked Another myself, even though the main girl was weird and the show took a spiral to crazy town towards the end, I felt like it had good pacing and had a Final Destination sort of feel to it (Final Destination 1 since everyone after that was complete shit ).
Soverence is offline  
Old 2013-05-17, 13:03   Link #603
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalin View Post
I like Lamune which is quite a simple but cute anime. I don't know how many people actually hate it, but I saw reviews in which Nanami was called retarded and those wishing China would send and army to slaughter all characters at the end.
Well, with respect, that "review" doesn't sound very serious or worth paying attention to.

I would say this anime falls more in the "underrated" category than hated -- I think most people don't even know it exists, or didn't give it a chance because of the genre.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline  
Old 2013-05-17, 16:16   Link #604
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I really liked Another myself, even though the main girl was weird and the show took a spiral to crazy town towards the end, I felt like it had good pacing and had a Final Destination sort of feel to it (Final Destination 1 since everyone after that was complete shit ).
Don't worry, you're not alone. It was an above average show in my book but the end really did let it down. I was expecting a bit more than a gore fest to finish what was so far a great mystery show.
__________________

Dextro is online now  
Old 2013-06-02, 18:57   Link #605
Kameruka
Hen-Tie
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hen-Tie pen
Lots of my favorite shows are hated or at least ignored for stupid reasons. First Princess Nine, which I consider as one of the best shoujo shows ever made got some bad reputation among shoujo fans due to lack of romance and bishies, what most other popular shoujo shows have. In 2009 Taishou Yakyuu Musume, a seinen version of Princess Nine were also criminally overlooked due to lack off fanservice and such. Not to mentioned it was aired as the same season as the most highly anticipated Bakemonogatari also contribute to is downfall.
Kameruka is offline  
Old 2013-06-03, 09:25   Link #606
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Lots of my favorite shows are hated or at least ignored for stupid reasons. First Princess Nine, which I consider as one of the best shoujo shows ever made got some bad reputation among shoujo fans due to lack of romance and bishies, what most other popular shoujo shows have.
I'm not normally one for sports anime....but I saw a trailer for this, dubbed even...and they made it look really good. I admit I'm a bit interested.
__________________
Chiibi is offline  
Old 2013-06-03, 14:40   Link #607
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
Quote:
Originally Posted by qb_cakes View Post
xxxHolic :c
Wait, people hate xxxholic?!

I can see now...I mean, I'm not sure where CLAMP is going with xxxholic Rei....but most people dont' really have an opinion on it.



Everyone seems to hate Aku no Hana due to the rotoscoping; I admit, it's one of those shows were you either love it or hate it......but I can't stop watching just to see what the hell happens to Kasuga next
__________________
GDiddy is offline  
Old 2013-06-03, 15:10   Link #608
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, with respect, that "review" doesn't sound very serious or worth paying attention to.

I would say this anime falls more in the "underrated" category than hated -- I think most people don't even know it exists, or didn't give it a chance because of the genre.
Fun fact: Lamune was actually one of the first subbed anime I ever watched. Nobody knows it exists.

I feel that Crest and Banner of the Stars are quite unknown as well, despite being a pretty fantastic series.

Perhaps, much to the chagrin of the moderators, we need an "Anime you love but nobody else knows exists" thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Wait, people hate xxxholic?!

I can see now...I mean, I'm not sure where CLAMP is going with xxxholic Rei....but most people dont' really have an opinion on it.
I loved xxxHolic. Another fun fact: My first manga (I couldn't wait for them to end it as an anime).

Surprisingly I never mentioned this before, but .hack//Roots always seems to be pretty well hated by many .hack fans. I actually found it more enjoyable than all the others in the series.
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2013-06-03, 17:07   Link #609
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
I liked .hack//roots!

Haseo was totes more tolerable than Tsubasa.
__________________
GDiddy is offline  
Old 2013-06-03, 17:20   Link #610
Joyce_Steele
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Lots of my favorite shows are hated or at least ignored for stupid reasons. First Princess Nine, which I consider as one of the best shoujo shows ever made got some bad reputation among shoujo fans due to lack of romance and bishies, what most other popular shoujo shows have. In 2009 Taishou Yakyuu Musume, a seinen version of Princess Nine were also criminally overlooked due to lack off fanservice and such. Not to mentioned it was aired as the same season as the most highly anticipated Bakemonogatari also contribute to is downfall.
It bothers me too when I see almost nobody actually saw Taishou Yakyuu Musume. Despite being a seinen show similar to K-On! but it had surprisingly low moe fanservice but more into characters, relationships, development and plot. Sadly in Myanimelist only 2000+ saw it and elsewhere it never even mentioned despite being shown in the peak of golden age of internet fansubbing. Maybe because it was shown right after K-On! ended and most people thought it going to be another moe shit despite both have nothing with each other except both are shown at same audience group(seinen).
Joyce_Steele is offline  
Old 2013-06-22, 21:38   Link #611
Lyocol
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Yeah Taishou Yakyuu Musume is a masterpiece(at least among moe-seinen world) but it just need more attention.

back to topic I think Shinigami no Ballad also qualify even though it more "ignored" than "hated".
Lyocol is offline  
Old 2013-06-23, 04:59   Link #612
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I remember the name Lamune... I think I watched a few episodes a very long time ago and got bored very quickly. IIRC wasn't the main guy in the first episode blind or something? I also don't recall the anime being hated... just totally forgettable. Heck I forgot its existence until it was mentioned.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline  
Old 2013-06-23, 09:29   Link #613
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Wait, people hate xxxholic?!
I thought it was ultra hated?

Personally, I liked it overall even if I didn't like the ending....Usual CLAMP forced end...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2013-06-23, 10:55   Link #614
DuelGundam2099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I recently finished Another and thought it was great, even if it had unnecessary clutter in it. Why do people hate this exactly? I thought it was very well executed overall.
__________________

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline  
Old 2013-06-23, 11:09   Link #615
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I recently finished Another and thought it was great, even if it had unnecessary clutter in it. Why do people hate this exactly?
Not to challenge your opinion. Just want to answer your question: many people came into Another expecting a good and chilling horror story like what was presented by the early episodes only to be disappointed by the “Final Destination-wannabe” nature of the series (and of course, some plot holes and lapses in logic). Aside from that, yes, it’s a decent anime overall. I enjoy watching it.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline  
Old 2013-06-23, 11:10   Link #616
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I recently finished Another and thought it was great, even if it had unnecessary clutter in it. Why do people hate this exactly? I thought it was very well executed overall.
Last two episodes. Massive trainwreck.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is offline  
Old 2013-06-23, 11:45   Link #617
DuelGundam2099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Last two episodes. Massive trainwreck.
I thought they were an awesome pay off.
Quote:
many people came into Another expecting a good and chilling horror story like what was presented by the early episodes only to be disappointed by the “Final Destination-wannabe” nature of the series
Oh I see, thanks Obelisk.
__________________

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline  
Old 2013-06-23, 12:30   Link #618
Luurah
CROSS IN!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hurricane-Prone Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to Luurah Send a message via Skype™ to Luurah
My choice is probably coming from left field, it would have to be Cho-Gattai Majutsu Robo Ginguiser. It's a bizarre super robot series that showcases a magic-using super robot whose transformation could make anyone go "Huh? It turned into that?!"

For some reason, I like it. So many people seem to avoid it like the plague. To each his own, I guess...
Luurah is offline  
Old 2013-06-23, 13:01   Link #619
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not to challenge your opinion. Just want to answer your question: many people came into Another expecting a good and chilling horror story like what was presented by the early episodes only to be disappointed by the “Final Destination-wannabe” nature of the series (and of course, some plot holes and lapses in logic). Aside from that, yes, it’s a decent anime overall. I enjoy watching it.
Pretty much this for me.

I was all set to follow Another until I got spoiled by accident that it's basically Final Destination: The Anime.


The more hate I see for Free! the more I'm likely to follow it
__________________
GDiddy is offline  
Old 2013-06-23, 13:07   Link #620
DuelGundam2099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
I forgot to mention Guilty Crown. I've seen people dislike the second half of the series because.... Shu being an aggressive leader or something, but when I watched it I thought the second half was developed better than the first half even if it could have had more action. My only real issues with the series were how mean spirited it was, the failure to use their mechs as much as they could have, and the music. I also never got why the villains were hated on so much, they are evil, that is kind of their job is it not? I thought they did it extremely well.
__________________

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.