AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Horizon

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-04, 21:58   Link #1841
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Valvrave is also made by studio 8? If that's the case, the best bet we can expect to see any thing related to Horizon's season 3 is at the start of next year.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 20:31   Link #1842
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Or a year after since Valvrave is two seasons. Pretty sure sunrise is trying to do more music contracts. TMR in every OP SONG. Horizon SIII has a problem. A portion of the novel with Mama Nate is pretty R-Rated. They're going to need to find a way to make it safe. I don't think we'll be seeing any Horizon for awhile. At least not until Valvrave dies down.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 18:27   Link #1843
sento
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Or a year after since Valvrave is two seasons. Pretty sure sunrise is trying to do more music contracts. TMR in every OP SONG. Horizon SIII has a problem. A portion of the novel with Mama Nate is pretty R-Rated. They're going to need to find a way to make it safe. I don't think we'll be seeing any Horizon for awhile. At least not until Valvrave dies down.
Sunrise has tons of studios, I don't think that Studio 8 (the one that did Horizon and Accel World) works in Valvrave at all.
sento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 03:42   Link #1844
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Regardless sunrise is TRYING pretty hard to sell Valvrave. So... I don't think we'll be seeing horizon news any time soon .
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 19:53   Link #1845
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Or a year after since Valvrave is two seasons.
2 seasons these days means 26ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Regardless sunrise is TRYING pretty hard to sell Valvrave. So... I don't think we'll be seeing horizon news any time soon .
why would Sunrise trying to sell Valvrave affect production for Horizon if the Studio for Horizon is not involve in valvrave? Sunrise is a big enough company to able to do multiply projects and Horizon is a proven seller.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 22:28   Link #1846
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
They released a new e/d after barely 4 episodes(?) where even released. If they're spending this money to mass market Valvrave its very unlikely they'll try to make anything else to compete. That what it seems like to me. But I'd be happy if they at least made some type of announcement for Horizon.... Too many studios have gone, "Hey look" preview for a potential next season, but nothing ever happens.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 23:48   Link #1847
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Or a year after since Valvrave is two seasons. Pretty sure sunrise is trying to do more music contracts. TMR in every OP SONG. Horizon SIII has a problem. A portion of the novel with Mama Nate is pretty R-Rated. They're going to need to find a way to make it safe. I don't think we'll be seeing any Horizon for awhile. At least not until Valvrave dies down.
Did you watch Valvrave's 10th episode? I think we don't need to worry about R-Rated part anymore .
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 21:02   Link #1848
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Did you watch Valvrave's 10th episode? I think we don't need to worry about R-Rated part anymore .
Its basically the same scene in gundam. Didn't really show much . What i'm talking about is some vivid stuff... thats pretty hard to compress in a few panels.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 12:27   Link #1849
frodonk
Master of Killing Time
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The World God Only Knows
damn it, vvv is interfering with my desire to see a s3 of horizon? I liked horizon a lot, but in the meantime vvv is nice to watch so i don't have any complaints.

they should definitely make a s3 of horizon though, preferably immediately after valvrave
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 02:00   Link #1850
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
damn it, vvv is interfering with my desire to see a s3 of horizon? I liked horizon a lot, but in the meantime vvv is nice to watch so i don't have any complaints.

they should definitely make a s3 of horizon though, preferably immediately after valvrave
What I'm speculating is. If they're making it, they're probably planning it the same time with S4. Its like how at the end of S1 we immediately saw the announcement for S2? It'd slightly make more sense that way since BOOK 3 and BOOK 4 complete one volume. Plus Horizon you need a billion VAS and they usually have other jobs too .
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 06:21   Link #1851
FlavoryFantasy
┬──┬╯︵ /(.□. \)
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: At one of the greatest libraries in existence
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Its like how at the end of S1 we immediately saw the announcement for S2?
The reason for that announcement was because both seasons were already planned. Just that no one knew if S2 was going to be 1 cour or 2 cour iirc. Valvrave is of course planned the same way too.
Quote:
If they're making it, they're probably planning it the same time with S4
Now that's assuming if S3/S4 is split cour to cover only the contents of vol 3. Would really rather have S3 focus primarily on vol 3 content as a 2 cour season. 24 or 26 eps. Hopefully sponsors for Horizon give an appropriate budget for S3 project.

Anyway I thought a different sub studio was in charge of VVV? (not up to date on all VVV related stuff) Otherwise, we have no idea what else studio 8 is doing until spring next year which is Long Live S2.
If they were planning for something in fall, I'm sure they'd be promoting the show already...
__________________
Ava/Sig - TheEroKing

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2013-06-27 at 07:15.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 20:07   Link #1852
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
The reason for that announcement was because both seasons were already planned. Just that no one knew if S2 was going to be 1 cour or 2 cour iirc. Valvrave is of course planned the same way too.
Now that's assuming if S3/S4 is split cour to cover only the contents of vol 3. Would really rather have S3 focus primarily on vol 3 content as a 2 cour season. 24 or 26 eps. Hopefully sponsors for Horizon give an appropriate budget for S3 project.

Anyway I thought a different sub studio was in charge of VVV? (not up to date on all VVV related stuff) Otherwise, we have no idea what else studio 8 is doing until spring next year which is Long Live S2.
If they were planning for something in fall, I'm sure they'd be promoting the show already...
You remember Gundam Age? You probably don't. Neither would I. That was probably the worse series to date. It was so bad that GUNDAM SEED REMASTERED sold like a billion more copies. Sunrise doesn't want competition from themelves, its pretty much what I'm speculating. Valvrave is a new IP. Even if majority of the foil is from GS. Honestly I don't know. It can probably get a Index S3 like status. Someone should twitter spam Kawakami until he answers.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 23:24   Link #1853
Acadia
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Did Horizon BD's/DVD's sell well enough to warrant a 3rd season? Usually Sunrise doesn't dick around it's users teasing of another season. Or at least I don't think they have done that in the past.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 23:28   Link #1854
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Valverave is not a Studio 8 production, the only Studio 8 confirmed work atm is Love Live 2.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 00:29   Link #1855
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
Did Horizon BD's/DVD's sell well enough to warrant a 3rd season? Usually Sunrise doesn't dick around it's users teasing of another season. Or at least I don't think they have done that in the past.
http://dvdbd.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/%E5%A...82%BE%E3%83%B3
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 03:39   Link #1856
Acadia
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Well I certainly have no issue with those numbers. So what's the holdup then? Love Live & that f***ing "Valvrave" crap. Haha. *sigh* This better not end up like what happened with FMP. Seriously begging for a decent anime conclusion to that show.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 03:41   Link #1857
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
Well I certainly have no issue with those numbers. So what's the holdup then? Love Live & that f***ing "Valvrave" crap. Haha. *sigh* This better not end up like what happened with FMP. Seriously begging for a decent anime conclusion to that show.
Has nothing to do with valvrave... Which is done by an entirely different studio and funded by a different company

Horizon = Studio 8

Studio 8 = Horizon, Love Live, Accel World

Valvrave = Studio 11

Studio 11 = Valvrave, Natsuiro, Aikatsu

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-07-10 at 07:40.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 05:06   Link #1858
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Age: 26
I'm guessing that Sunrise doesn't wholly own Horizon since it's not their original work, so maybe they're renegotiating with the original license holder to get a larger slice of the profit?
__________________
They say you don't grow up
You just grow old,
It's safe to say I haven't done both.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 06:09   Link #1859
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Season 1 adapted the first arc (vol 1A & 1B) which is approximately 1,300 pages total long.
Season 2 adapted the second arc (vol 2A & 2B) which is approximately 2,000 pages total long.

The third arc (Vol 3A-3C) is approximately 2,500 pages total, so if there's gonna be a third season it's unlikely it will be a 1-cour series like the first and second season. The third arc is twice as long as the first arc so the third season will need to be a 2-cour series.

If there's gonna be a fourth season it will need to be a 2-cour series too since the fourth arc (Vol 4A-4C) is as long as the third arc. The fifth season will only need to be a 1-cour series since the fifth arc (Vol 5A & 5B) is approximately 1,700 pages total which is a little shorter than the second arc.

The first and second season each sold over 20,000 BD/DVD per volume. It would be stupid for them not to produce another season since the first 2 seasons generated a lot more than enough funding to produce even a 2-cour series.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 16:05   Link #1860
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Season 1 adapted the first arc (vol 1A & 1B) which is approximately 1,300 pages total long.
Season 2 adapted the second arc (vol 2A & 2B) which is approximately 2,000 pages total long.

The third arc (Vol 3A-3C) is approximately 2,500 pages total, so if there's gonna be a third season it's unlikely it will be a 1-cour series like the first and second season. The third arc is twice as long as the first arc so the third season will need to be a 2-cour series.

If there's gonna be a fourth season it will need to be a 2-cour series too since the fourth arc (Vol 4A-4C) is as long as the third arc. The fifth season will only need to be a 1-cour series since the fifth arc (Vol 5A & 5B) is approximately 1,700 pages total which is a little shorter than the second arc.

The first and second season each sold over 20,000 BD/DVD per volume. It would be stupid for them not to produce another season since the first 2 seasons generated a lot more than enough funding to produce even a 2-cour series.
Two-Course won't happen. Unless they split it between two different seasons. Regardless of how much funding they get. A consecutive season jeopardizes the fluid animation. S1 and S2 had fluid animation. It didn't go too high or go too low. Its the bar that was set. Sunrise needs to either improve it or let be the same. If Horizon takes a dip, sunrise will get flamed to hell by fans. Whether or not they make it is up in the air. People pretty much said Index S3 was going to come out and that still didn't happen. And we all know how popular Index is in Japan. Basically have to stalk kawakami on twitter until he says something.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.