AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-12, 02:28   Link #28821
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I don't understand your concern. Your faith gets chipped away at so many common instances as simple as the ones this thread.

Either it's by fractional amounts, which means it's too tiny to matter, or it's negative which means you can hit the despair button.

In any case, the abyss is fun to stare at.

-Your local cynic.
Please don't lead her astray. Madokami dictates that despair is a sin!

And she is beyond the age to be a magical girl.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 03:21   Link #28822
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
People still have faith in humanity?

Surely we've come further than that.
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 03:30   Link #28823
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
People still have faith in humanity?

Surely we've come further than that.
I still have faith in Seitsuki-chan~

*Pets*
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 03:35   Link #28824
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
People still have faith in humanity?

Surely we've come further than that.
I find your faith in humanity's lack of faith in humanity amusing.

In other news, Valve makes more money being a middleman.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 03:42   Link #28825
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
....../shiver
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 03:55   Link #28826
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
There are many, many cynics. It is the people that have hope that are rare. Those are the people that need to shape our future, because we have become far too cynical these last few decades. A bit of hope might do us some good. Hope that lasts. Hope that the better tomorrow actual does come. Hope for survival of our cynical species to a future were we might be less cynical and have a sense of adventure and curiousity again.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 04:03   Link #28827
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
People still have faith in humanity?

Surely we've come further than that.
I didn't know that an idealistic loli can be so moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There are many, many cynics. It is the people that have hope that are rare. Those are the people that need to shape our future, because we have become far too cynical these last few decades. A bit of hope might do us some good. Hope that lasts. Hope that the better tomorrow actual does come. Hope for survival of our cynical species to a future were we might be less cynical and have a sense of adventure and curiousity again.
I have a theory which this world is divided into 4 kinds of people - the idealists, pragmatists, optimists and pessimists, each determined by the amount of work they do and the amount of hope they hold.

Idealists work the most and hope the most, pragmatists work the most and hope the less, the optimists work the least and hope the most, while pessimists only work with as much hope as they have. Cynics are pessimists by large (part in the pragmatists' camp), but at least they aren't the delusional bums like optimists are.

Unfortunately optimists make up the most of the world, following and rallying to trends like sheep, though there is nothing wrong with positivity in hope, action is still a requirement to make things work. That is why, in dogmatic sense, it is so screwed up; we don't work enough together to make common goals into reality.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 05:30   Link #28828
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I didn't know that an idealistic loli can be so moe.



I have a theory which this world is divided into 4 kinds of people - the idealists, pragmatists, optimists and pessimists, each determined by the amount of work they do and the amount of hope they hold.

Idealists work the most and hope the most, pragmatists work the most and hope the less, the optimists work the least and hope the most, while pessimists only work with as much hope as they have. Cynics are pessimists by large (part in the pragmatists' camp), but at least they aren't the delusional bums like optimists are.

Unfortunately optimists make up the most of the world, following and rallying to trends like sheep, though there is nothing wrong with positivity in hope, action is still a requirement to make things work. That is why, in dogmatic sense, it is so screwed up; we don't work enough together to make common goals into reality.
So you're a pessimist then?
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 05:35   Link #28829
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Sound more pragmatic, even if he might tend toward pessimistic territory.
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 05:40   Link #28830
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
If hope springs eternal, what does despair spring?
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 08:52   Link #28831
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
If hope springs eternal, what does despair spring?
Eternal is an adverb here, not a noun. So your question made no sense.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 09:58   Link #28832
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
If hope springs eternal, what does despair spring?
About 44 - 80 psi.

Endless "Spring pressure" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 10:09   Link #28833
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
If hope springs eternal, what does despair spring?
Kafuka.

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 14:37   Link #28834
AnimeFan188
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
More Cyber news:


Connecting the Dots on PRISM, Phone Surveillance, and the NSA’s Massive Spy Center:

"But long before Edward Snowden walked out of the NSA with his trove of
documents, whistleblowers there had been trying for years to bring attention to
the massive turn toward domestic spying that the agency was making."

See:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...-surveillance/


===========================================


4 Reasons to Be Angrier That the NSA Is Tapping Your Phone:

"In an outrageous attack on the privacy of the National Security Agency, last
week ex-security contractor Edward Snowden leaked -- among many things -- a
super secret court order in which the NSA asked to obtain millions of phone
records from American Verizon customers. So the government not only knows
you've been calling Rudy's Dildo Palace three times a day, but also knows how
much time you've spent there, thanks to your phone's GPS tracker. Is nothing
sacred anymore?

But as anyone who's ever relied on their significant other for rides to work knows,
we'll probably have to forgive the government for this. However, we really
shouldn't -- even though the sex is great, the fact is that this scandal is worse
than you probably think, because ..."

See:

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4...ng-your-phone/


==============================================


Kaspersky Lab Uncovers Global Cyberespionage Network:

"Kaspersky Lab, a Russian computer security company, said on Tuesday its
experts have uncovered a global cyberespionage campaign, which may have
been in existence for nearly a decade and compromised more than 350 computer
systems in 40 countries."

See:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Ka...twork_999.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 16:04   Link #28835
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Janet Yellen overwhelming favorite to replace Bernanke at Fed: Reuters poll
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95B0R920130612

France digs in on culture before EU meeting on U.S. trade talks
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95B0PW20130612
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 23:40   Link #28836
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
More Cyber news:


Connecting the Dots on PRISM, Phone Surveillance, and the NSA’s Massive Spy Center:

"But long before Edward Snowden walked out of the NSA with his trove of
documents, whistleblowers there had been trying for years to bring attention to
the massive turn toward domestic spying that the agency was making."

See:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...-surveillance/


===========================================


4 Reasons to Be Angrier That the NSA Is Tapping Your Phone:

"In an outrageous attack on the privacy of the National Security Agency, last
week ex-security contractor Edward Snowden leaked -- among many things -- a
super secret court order in which the NSA asked to obtain millions of phone
records from American Verizon customers. So the government not only knows
you've been calling Rudy's Dildo Palace three times a day, but also knows how
much time you've spent there, thanks to your phone's GPS tracker. Is nothing
sacred anymore?

But as anyone who's ever relied on their significant other for rides to work knows,
we'll probably have to forgive the government for this. However, we really
shouldn't -- even though the sex is great, the fact is that this scandal is worse
than you probably think, because ..."

See:

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4...ng-your-phone/


==============================================


Kaspersky Lab Uncovers Global Cyberespionage Network:

"Kaspersky Lab, a Russian computer security company, said on Tuesday its
experts have uncovered a global cyberespionage campaign, which may have
been in existence for nearly a decade and compromised more than 350 computer
systems in 40 countries."

See:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Ka...twork_999.html
So how has this news been perceived in US public. Or was it the case of "Nah, we knew it all along already" ?
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 04:00   Link #28837
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Insight: The big money bails on Argentina - again
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95C04T20130613

Feds hunted for Snowden in days before NSA programs went public
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95B1A220130612
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 10:03   Link #28838
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Above the law: America's worst charities

Whenever I read stuff like this, it makes my blood boil

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/13/us/wor...html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:
Collectively the 50 worst charities raised more than $1.3 billion over the past decade and paid nearly $1 billion of that directly to the companies that raise their donations.
.
.
.
.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Central and North Florida is one of dozens of Make-A-Wish chapters across the country.
Last year, it reported raising $3.1 million cash and spent about 60% of that -- $1.8 million -- granting wishes.
The same year, Kids Wish raised $18.6 million, its tax filing shows. It spent just $240,000 granting wishes -- 1% of the cash raised.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 10:05   Link #28839
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Yeah, I guess in the US they even milk selflessness for profit.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 10:24   Link #28840
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Supreme Court says naturally occurring human DNA can't be patented
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...95C0PW20130613
At least this time they haven't screwed up
__________________

ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international, news

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.