AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 07:09   Link #3481
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
This is correct, she couldn't grow out of love and it morphed into a different kind of love. However there isn't anything saying that now reconnected they wont start cancel some of those romantic feelings out and familial love will remain intact while the romantic will lessen as the reconnect. There is nothing, absolutely nothing to say that "can't go back to normal siblings" they aren't really normal to begin with but normal doesn't mean there isn't still romantic feelings there they can just choose to not pursue it any further.

The don't have to since it will be streamed. I have no clue how it's going to play out. Hopefully it gives stronger clues as to where the story goes at the end since the LN it's hard to judge.
True,your interpretation is legit,too.I'm just trying to say that more people choose the romantical love ending over the family love ending,because the whole story is full of evidence that they can't go back to be normal siblings and that they love each other in a romantical way.But that's just how the most people are interpretating it.You have to choose for yourself which ending you prefer,because that's the whole point in this ambiguous ending.

EDIT:

Quote:
Their relationship stopped for like 10 years.
Not quite right.10 years ago their relationship began to crumble,but 3 years ago it stopped completely.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:11   Link #3482
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
You are you but other people could have a different opinion like people that grow in the same roof but they aren't blood related and in a certain moment they discover that they love each other. That is no your case but that don't make that the other people is wrong and it's is bad.
Never said it was wrong or bad, in fact it technically isn't either because even though you are family you are not related so if anything it is a reasonable way to conclude incest themed stories. It's just my morality I guess that growing up and loving my little sister(real one) I can barely manage to do that. Putting an extra layer of romantic love there even if she wasn't related to me is just too much work.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:11   Link #3483
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
But the point is that Kirino and Kyousuke didn't grow up like normal siblings would have (blood related or not).Their relationship stopped for like 3 years.They become strangers and Kirino couldn't grow out of her love like a normal sister would do after a span of time.That's the main reason why the most people think (me,too) they will continue their "love affair".They are more than normal siblings now and they can't get back to be normal siblings again.
Why would he use his wish for a kiss??? I think if there is nothing behind it he couldve used it for maybe a friendly hug or something but not a KISS!!! Return to being ''Normal Siblings'' my *** .
Old 2013-06-14, 07:17   Link #3484
seangel92

Quote:
True,your interpretation is legit,too.I'm just trying to say that more people choose the romantical love ending over the family love ending,because the whole story is full of evidence that they can't go back to be normal siblings and that they love each other in a romantical way.But that's just how the most people are interpretating it.You have to choose for yourself which ending you prefer,because that's the whole point in this ambiguous ending.
Yes, Fushimi gave us a romantic history between two siblings with an ambiguous ending. If you want that they pursue their love history, take it, Fushimi gave us a lot of hints and history to make us think that they will be together in a romantic way. If you are against incest, you can think that they gonna go to a normal siblings way.

Do you want it? take it but the love history ending is there with a lot more evidences than the others endings.

Quote:
Never said it was wrong or bad, in fact it technically isn't either because even though you are family you are not related so if anything it is a reasonable way to conclude incest themed stories. It's just my morality I guess that growing up and loving my little sister(real one) I can barely manage to do that. Putting an extra layer of romantic love there even if she wasn't related to me is just too much work.
I haven't a incest in my life and I don't want it but If someone have it and they are in love, I can't complain, I am liberal and they don't hurt anyone, why do I have to intervene in their love history?
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:22   Link #3485
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Do you want it? take it but the love history ending is there with a lot more evidences than the others endings.
That's not really fair, you just choose to view and interpret things differently so there is confirmation bias. That's the issue with interpretations, people can interpret things differently when intent of some situations or events are not clear. The author intentionally minces his words to make things have a double meaning often so it's not as though people are "just" seeing what they want in some things but it is his goal to make many things ambiguous.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:22   Link #3486
ExXentriK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Why would he use his wish for a kiss??? I think if there is nothing behind it he couldve used it for maybe a friendly hug or something but not a KISS!!! Return to being ''Normal Siblings'' my *** .
What frustrates me the most here is that we don't know what kind of kiss it was. It could have been just a tender kiss on the cheek(Kirino would get full tsun for less than that) or a real kiss like the one during the mock wedding. I hope the animated version will illustrate this moment.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:25   Link #3487
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Looks at the Kirino avatars...

Kirino attacking Kirino...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:26   Link #3488
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExXentriK View Post
What frustrates me the most here is that we don't know what kind of kiss it was. It could have been just a tender kiss on the cheek(Kirino would get full tsun for less than that) or a real kiss like the one during the mock wedding. I hope the animated version will illustrate this moment.
Well it did say he ''surprised'' her with a kiss,so I believe its a lip-to-lip contact.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:28   Link #3489
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
That would be nice to see, that would make the authors intent more clear.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:31   Link #3490
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
That would be nice to see, that would make the authors intent more clear.
Well,only if the producers choose to animate the novel ending like it is now.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:32   Link #3491
seangel92

Quote:
That's not really fair, you just choose to view and interpret things differently so there is confirmation bias. That's the issue with interpretations, people can interpret things differently when intent of some situations or events are not clear. The author intentionally minces his words to make things have a double meaning often so it's not as though people are "just" seeing what they want in some things but it is his goal to make many things ambiguous.
I could recognize that your interpretation is as valid as mine. Do you recognize that the ending could be as valid "normal siblings" as "love ending"?

Quote:
Never trust in an anime, they could invent some things to make it more acceptable to the audience like a kiss on the lips into a kiss on the cheek.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:34   Link #3492
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Well,only if the producers choose to animate the novel ending like it is now.
Yeah that is true, we wont even know by the end of the TV run what direction it's going to take I imagine. Leaving us with a cliffhanger seems very likely so anticipation for the streamed episodes is high when they finally are released.

Quote:
I could recognize that your interpretation is as valid as mine. Do you recognize that the ending could be as valid "normal siblings" as "love ending"?
I certainly do, all I want is for people to recognize my opinion isn't 100% in my head and faulty

Also I really hate ambiguous endings so that has been an issue as well so I try to make sense of both possibilities as best I can. There is evidence for both but I do favor one though, I am sitting on the fence in truth.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:41   Link #3493
KronosPlasma

I feel sorry for Manami in this story mostly because she's asked advice by both and they take it to far. She has to be the "lone voice of reason". By that I mean she really the only one in that world saying the relationship is wrong. while everyone around them just kinda goes "Eh, okay" about it. Saori kinda questions it but lets it go so she can keep her group. I don't think Ayase ever finds out but she a boor mate for Kirino.
God did the author hate her or something
KronosPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:46   Link #3494
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronosPlasma View Post
I feel sorry for Manami in this story mostly because she's asked advice by both and they take it to far. She has to be the "lone voice of reason". By that I mean she really the only one in that world saying the relationship is wrong. while everyone around them just kinda goes "Eh, okay" about it. Saori kinda questions it but lets it go so she can keep her group. I don't think Ayase ever finds out but she a boor mate for Kirino.
I still don't understand the Manami hate to this day, her reasoning is just as valid as anyone else in the story. She is the authors scapegoat however and she appears plain and perfect but she is a girl like any other so she manipulated the situation the way she thought was the best and would suit her needs. She is hardly the only person in this story being manipulative though and I think people forget that.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:47   Link #3495
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronosPlasma View Post
No,he doesn't hate her. Manami is the voice of society in this series. But what gives her (the society) the right to judge over the siblings? Just because it isn't moral in the eyes of the most people? At least the other Characters are willing to accept their relationship. Manami is just the only one who doesn't accept it, so it kinda seems like everyone is against Manami (society).
Old 2013-06-14, 07:54   Link #3496
ExXentriK

Quote:
I still don't understand the Manami hate to this day, her reasoning is just as valid as anyone else in the story. She is the authors scapegoat however and she appears plain and perfect but she is a girl like any other so she manipulated the situation the way she thought was the best and would suit her needs. She is hardly the only person in this story being manipulative though and I think people forget that.
To my mind most of the hate is /a/ induced as it is where I see her the most represented that way. It doesn't change the fact that according to my personal opinion I can't help it but dislike Manami. I mean she's always plotting things behind Kyousuke's back(with Ayase for example), this just disturbs me and vol.11 just confirmed my doubts about her.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:56   Link #3497
zubalikei

Sorry my bad english. My native language is portuguese

A was trying to write something just to say how I feel about this series.

I became to know Oreimo watching the anime e then I search for other fonts and found the light novels.
I think this series is awesome because the autor slowly reveals the polemic love between Kirino e Kyousuke.
Their story is cool, is vibrant because their romantic love is virtually impossible.
It resemble Romeu and Juliete's story not because a family feud, but cause they are bloodly relatives: sibligs that grew up together and
thus its unnatural, unforgivable, get married or elop...
The drama, the guilty they have due to love each other. The fact they know that this is not acceptable by family and society in general
generate a tension that remains even after the spoiled end and makes me very excited, hehehe.

Personally, I am eager to know how the story unfolds ten years later:
How Kyousuke e Kirino will handle the situation?
They will choose to live apart and break up definitely?
They will try to bear a life alongside each other and not express publicly their feelings (pretending nothig happened)?
They will try to forget the mutual love through other romantic relationships, or through word, or studies?
Their ability to love other person will be permanently damaged?
And (in my opinion) the worst scenario possible: they will pretend to be brothers and in fact will be lovers?

What do you think? Do you agree with some of these possible future developments? Do you have any other ideas?

I hope the sadness not stay so much in their lifes.
I hope Kyousuke not became a looser an Kirino not became a bitter (or a very sad) woman.
And, finally... I hope they manage to wipe out this incestual love. I do not like to see them being lovers in future,
but hope the time makes to arise brotherly love and mutual respect between them.

Thanks for reading this.... I hope to comunicate correctly despite my bad english (sorry again).
zubalikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 08:04   Link #3498
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubalikei View Post

I became to know Oreimo watching the anime e then I search for other fonts and found the light novels.
I think this series is awesome because the autor slowly reveals the polemic love between Kirino e Kyousuke.
Their story is cool, is vibrant because their romantic love is virtually impossible.
It resemble Romeu and Juliete's story not because a family feud, but cause they are bloodly relatives: sibligs that grew up together and
The drama, the guilty they have due to love each other. The fact they know that this is not acceptable by family and society in general
generate a tension that remains even after the spoiled end and makes me very excited, hehehe.

They will try to bear a life alongside each other and not express publicly their feelings (pretending nothig happened)?
They will try to forget the mutual love through other romantic relationships, or through word, or studies?
And (in my opinion) the worst scenario possible: they will pretend to be brothers and in fact will be lovers?

What do you think? Do you agree with some of these possible future developments? Do you have any other ideas?

I hope Kyousuke not became a looser an Kirino not became a bitter (or a very sad) woman.
And, finally... I hope they manage to wipe out this incestual love. I do not like to see them being lovers in future,
but hope the time makes to arise brotherly love and mutual respect between them.

Thanks for reading this.... I hope to comunicate correctly despite my bad english (sorry again).
Totally readable my friend, your English isn't bad at all

I think your worst scenario is the same as mine. Choosing to hide their feelings from the world and continuing with the relationship. If they continue at least be true to yourself even if that means having to bear the burden of pressures from society.

I think at the very least they are now reconciled as brother and sister so you have nothing to fear in that regard as they both have become close again and are honest with each other. Where they take their romantic feelings and relationship is anyone's guess and all are valid in their own ways. I don't know if we will really every get a definitive answer as to just how they dealt with the romantic side of their love as that is the part that is left to the reader.
Old 2013-06-14, 08:06   Link #3499
liemtodaisu

Still waiting for SigUp to quick translate Chapter 6............... orz
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 08:07   Link #3500
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubalikei View Post

I think that they are going to have a romantic relationship in secret or wait until Kirino is an adult and they can live together. Who knows? I hope that they can be together in a future.

This is my opinion and this is how I want to interprete the ending.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings