AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-10, 19:52   Link #4581
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Spoiler for Here is some VA choices that I can only think off the top of my head. :
How can you forget Kugimiya Rie for Claire?! I am not sure if Yui Horie can pull off a good Est, I don't know much characters that she does that are monotone. But agree with Est, especially with Yui Ogura's role as Tsukiko from Hentai Ouji.

Restia....Yukana is too genki for my taste, and her CC voice doesn't match what I think. Maaya...kind of debating for this.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 21:18   Link #4582
Reek of Blood
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Do people still operate under assumption that LN adaptations are always screwed up? It seems to me everyone's statement here are pretty much biased just because of certain screwing (Campione, and Itsuten, to lesser extent), while ignoring some succesful and faithful LN adaptations (Kamisama no Memo-chou and Durarara! on top of my head).
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 21:35   Link #4583
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Do people still operate under assumption that LN adaptations are always screwed up? It seems to me everyone's statement here are pretty much biased just because of certain screwing (Campione, and Itsuten, to lesser extent), while ignoring some succesful and faithful LN adaptations (Kamisama no Memo-chou and Durarara! on top of my head).
Firstly, don't compare the Campione and Itsuten animes. Th only problem with Campione was that they tried to adapt too much, plus the ending. Itsuten's problems were much worse.

As for adaptations, from what I've seen, the quality drops the more source material they try to adapt, with the aforementioned Campione as an example. The LN adaptations that get the worst reviews follow that pattern. Hataraku, for example, is only adapting 2 volumes, and it's getting rave reviews.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 21:44   Link #4584
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Firstly, don't compare the Campione and Itsuten animes. Th only problem with Campione was that they tried to adapt too much, plus the ending. Itsuten's problems were much worse.

As for adaptations, from what I've seen, the quality drops the more source material they try to adapt, with the aforementioned Campione as an example. The LN adaptations that get the worst reviews follow that pattern. Hataraku, for example, is only adapting 2 volumes, and it's getting rave reviews.
I strongly agree. The original material's brilliant. As long as you follow what happens in the story accurately, there's no way you can get it wrong. Rushing does more harm than good--often leaving the reader confused. As for Campione, I still can't believe the f@*k they did at the end. Can't believe they were stupid enough to alter the story like THAT when it was unnecessary.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 04:19   Link #4585
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
How can you forget Kugimiya Rie for Claire?! I am not sure if Yui Horie can pull off a good Est, I don't know much characters that she does that are monotone. But agree with Est, especially with Yui Ogura's role as Tsukiko from Hentai Ouji.

Restia....Yukana is too genki for my taste, and her CC voice doesn't match what I think. Maaya...kind of debating for this.
I didn't forget her, just thought of other VAs who can do just as good job as she can voicing Tsundere chracters.

Heh, interestingly enough, my first choice for Est was Yui Ogura. And the reason I choose Yukana was because of role Code Geass as CC. The reason I choose was due to her role in Nisemonogatari as Shinobu.

What do you about my other VA choices ?
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 04:46   Link #4586
dracknath
Nightmare
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Epsilon the Dying World
They Screw up on Est and Restia and its done for....there and then.....They mess up Kamito, and Est bed scenes they already screwed up....

Choose the wrong VA its done for before it even began..... :l
dracknath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 06:39   Link #4587
Eijigawa
Half-assed Nightmare~
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Volume 11 cover ?!

__________________

Last edited by Eijigawa; 2013-06-15 at 06:56.
Eijigawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 08:44   Link #4588
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post
Volume 11 cover ?!

Geh!!!! it's a petanko sensei.
__________________
My Heart is Pocky
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 11:23   Link #4589
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
That doesn't look like something they would use as a volume cover. The clothes are wrong, so it must be some kind of special
__________________
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 13:40   Link #4590
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post
Volume 11 cover ?!

How do we end up with this?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 13:48   Link #4591
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
How do we end up with this?
if i had to guess greyworth tricked them again
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 21:17   Link #4592
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post
Volume 11 cover ?!

This is a Claire, I have not seen before. Claire sensei, aye.
I would rather have Fianna or Ellis as a sensei. Probably Fianna sensei a bit more as she may be ok with a teacher and student relationship!
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 09:17   Link #4593
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: At the Edge of the World
Claire is so cute LOL
__________________
Yami no Ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 11:04   Link #4594
dracknath
Nightmare
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Epsilon the Dying World
My opinion
Claire: Cute, and tsundere....ok
Ellis: ok....cute....big bust......has the quality of a maid
Rin: OK.......Cute.......Maid-sama.......Big bust...
Fianna: seems kinda yandere to me :l, ok , moderate bust......very naughty
Est: Best of the Best! Cute! Kuudere! Love her the most!
dracknath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 17:11   Link #4595
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracknath View Post
My opinion
Claire: Cute, and tsundere....ok
Ellis: ok....cute....big bust......has the quality of a maid
Rin: OK.......Cute.......Maid-sama.......Big bust...
Fianna: seems kinda yandere to me :l, ok , moderate bust......very naughty
Est: Best of the Best! Cute! Kuudere! Love her the most!
........How on earth is Fianna a yandere? And you forgot the legal wife, Restia.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 20:38   Link #4596
holybell84
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
........How on earth is Fianna a yandere? And you forgot the legal wife, Restia.
Yeah, and the rest are just concubines
__________________
Standing Strong
holybell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 23:50   Link #4597
Voceane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere in the universe
Don't you think Carol is the spy in the academy?
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 06:25   Link #4598
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: At the Edge of the World
^maybe she is but I dont really think so,what for is she spying anyway?
__________________
Yami no Ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 18:24   Link #4599
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
Don't you think Carol is the spy in the academy?
Doubt it, IIRC Carol has been Rinslet maid for quite a long time and is at the academy only because Rinslet is there.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 23:30   Link #4600
Voceane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere in the universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
^maybe she is but I dont really think so,what for is she spying anyway?
Seireitsukai are the strengh of the nation. It's natural to want to know this strengh and weakness. If there is a war most of the seireitsukai will come from the academy.

An other thing, I found a news Shimuzu Yuu the author is (was) in hospital. Does there is a disease who target the japanese culture?
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.