AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-21, 11:36   Link #11421
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
we still might get some future DS fights but i prefer these fights to not get drag out like some other manga.
Leave that kind of thing to the anime adaptation, should it ever continue.

Anyway, what worries me about this chapter is whether or not it will result in the present and all the events that have transpired being totally rewritten, because the way this chapter goes down and the way the next one is set up, it looks like the previous two chapters were completely pointless. It's like it'd make no difference removing the scenes of everyone's deaths and Ultear's sacrifice reversing them, because honestly, everyone looked like they were doing fine beforehand. Laxus was on his way to help Wendy, we didn't see what Gajeel's battle with the dragon was like, and everyone else was pretty much just doing their thing. We also got some development with the Erza/Jellal/Kagura/Millianna plotline, anti-climactic as it was.

In short, everything from Gray's death to Ultear's sacrifice just looks like a pesky road bump made to make the abrupt defeat of Future Rogue seem even more abrupt than it would have been otherwise.

The chapter says a Fairy Tail booklet containing Hiro Mashima's drafts will be released on July 20. If it turns out to contain an earlier draft of this arc that seems a hell of a lot more promising than what it's been now, I will be upset. I do recall seeing a rough sketch of another early draft of this arc, shown in Volume 32.
Spoiler:
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2013-06-21 at 12:04.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 12:09   Link #11422
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
If this is it, this arc was just the worst. It had all the most predictable and useless aspects in it.

Fights were plain, boring, predictable and underwhelming.

Whole Ultear sacrifice was pointless.

Whatever next arc is, Mashibe better get it right.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 14:22   Link #11423
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Where is Minerva all this time?

So by destroying the Gate, Future Rogue won't be able to come back in time in the future, so Ultear won't die.....?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 14:43   Link #11424
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Probably in her play pen holding her blankie and crying, besides, why do you care about her anyway after all she's done? If you wanna see striped panties and Sadistic chicks so badly, look up the trope on TV tropes and they'll give you TON of examples. Closet Masochism...it's a terrible ting
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 14:51   Link #11425
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Wait a minute... The "Last Ages" spell is said to use up the time of the person who uses it. So even if the present is rewritten so the dragons never attacked, wouldn't that mean she'll remain the same?

By god, that would make her death seem even more pointless!
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 15:58   Link #11426
Eragon
eff off shiro.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
And this is why time travel into the past should never be shown unless you can account for every effin' paradox that its gonna cause. This just became as stupid as Naruto and Bleach - Bleach for God's sake!!
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai

Last edited by Eragon; 2013-06-21 at 16:28.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 16:23   Link #11427
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
And this is why time travel into the past should never be shown unless you can account for every effin' paradox that its gonna cause. This just became as stupid as Naruto and Bleach - Bleach for God's sake)
That's impossible really, most time-traveling stories underestimate the impact even the most minute change can have. Just causing someone to pause for a second to say hello can have a massive chain reaction that could impact the time traveler and thus lead to paradoxes. In the end you just have to accept that most time traveling stories are going to have paradoxes and try to ignore them.
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 16:30   Link #11428
Eragon
eff off shiro.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
Then don't do it. It just piles on the confusion.
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 17:54   Link #11429
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Then don't do it. It just piles on the confusion.
Hiro must've had a phase where he thought he was the Doc from Back to the Future and decided to implement that onto the story. The tournament was enough, and if you wanted to do something impactful for the July 7 bit, let Natsu's, Gajeel's, and Wendy's parents return, warn them about Acnologia, Igneel would talk to Lucy about Layla and her connection, then fly off, that's it.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 20:04   Link #11430
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Hiro must've had a phase where he thought he was the Doc from Back to the Future and decided to implement that onto the story. The tournament was enough, and if you wanted to do something impactful for the July 7 bit, let Natsu's, Gajeel's, and Wendy's parents return, warn them about Acnologia, Igneel would talk to Lucy about Layla and her connection, then fly off, that's it.
I just hope Hiro Mashima doesn't forget that bit with Lucy's mom, because he has a tendency to forget things when he finds he can't work them into the story. For example, the reason Ichiya barely did anything in the Nirvana arc is because he actually forgot about him until the last minute.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 20:17   Link #11431
ranchan13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
For example, the reason Ichiya barely did anything in the Nirvana arc is because he actually forgot about him until the last minute.
I prefer to think that it's because Ichiya just kinda sucks. I always found that character to simply be a running gag.
__________________
Combat
ELEment
STrategic
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 17:52   Link #11432
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Say, tell me... When Rogue said he came to the past, did he explicitly state it was with the Eclipse Gate within the arena?

If there's anything the next chapter can do that won't disappoint me, it'd be this: reveal that the Eclipse Gate they just destroyed was not the same gate Future Rogue used. Then they'd avoid (or at least postpone) totally rewriting the present, if that's what the destruction of the gate really will do.

But I kinda doubt it... Just don't disappoint me, Hiro.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 18:05   Link #11433
Ermes Marana
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
So, let me get this straight. By (abruptly) destroying the gates, Future Rogue as he is now won't exist. If he doesn't exist, doesn't that mean he'll never be able to go back from his own time period to bring the dragons to the present, which would erase the need for Ultear to sacrifice herself, which would render the past two chapters, and pretty much all the buildup in this arc to something ominous that wasn't already rendered completely pointless, completely pointless?

Anything involving time travel to the past creates infinite paradoxes that can't be fixed. It's best to avoid it altogether.

Let's say destroying the gate works and means Future Rogue doesn't come back. But if so, then the gates would not have been destroyed. So Future Rogue would come back anyway... but destroy the gates again, so he wouldn't, so he would, so he wouldn't, so ... forever.

Hopefully they can say he didn't use that gate in first place to avoid making the paradox that bad, or make it so destroying the gate has no effect (meaning current Future Rogue is from another dimension, creating new dimensions with each time trip is the most common way of mostly fixing time travel).
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 13:19   Link #11434
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
mashima annoucement on twitter:
The June 20 news seems to be the 'Fairy Tail festival special' that was announced on the cover of this week's chapter.

Also, full translation of the tweets, by ChaosKnight from FT Wikia:

Twitter 1:

We will be delivering unreleased Fairy Tail news for three weeks straight, starting from June 20 to July 4th. These news were originally going to be published in magazine only, but due to various reasons, we'll be releasing them on Twitter. Please do look forward to them.

Twitter 2:

June 20th, Might be someone you guys already know.
June 27th, The big plan for Summer.
July 4th, Look forward to them.

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/sta...18469428371457
"There is good news on July 4."
maybe can be anime comming back annoucement in 4 july
next week wil start the fairy tail festival(need more info about this).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 21:45   Link #11435
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
mashima annoucement on twitter:
The June 20 news seems to be the 'Fairy Tail festival special' that was announced on the cover of this week's chapter.

Also, full translation of the tweets, by ChaosKnight from FT Wikia:

Twitter 1:

We will be delivering unreleased Fairy Tail news for three weeks straight, starting from June 20 to July 4th. These news were originally going to be published in magazine only, but due to various reasons, we'll be releasing them on Twitter. Please do look forward to them.

Twitter 2:

June 20th, Might be someone you guys already know.
June 27th, The big plan for Summer.
July 4th, Look forward to them.

https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/sta...18469428371457
"There is good news on July 4."
maybe can be anime comming back annoucement in 4 july
next week wil start the fairy tail festival(need more info about this).
You know what'd be neat? Another movie, this time continuing the GMG arc from where the anime left off. And it could be abridged, kind of like the One Piece movie "Episode of Alabasta"; the least it can do is cover the rest of the tournament. I don't care how rushed it may be. Even though I wouldn't call the first Fairy Tail movie good, it's not like I hated it or anything.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 22:29   Link #11436
G147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
You know what'd be neat? Another movie, this time continuing the GMG arc from where the anime left off. And it could be abridged, kind of like the One Piece movie "Episode of Alabasta"; the least it can do is cover the rest of the tournament. I don't care how rushed it may be. Even though I wouldn't call the first Fairy Tail movie good, it's not like I hated it or anything.
I've prefer if the do a movie/ova on the 2 futures. I'm interested to know the process of what happened and which characters died and how?
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 23:23   Link #11437
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
I've prefer if the do a movie/ova on the 2 futures. I'm interested to know the process of what happened and which characters died and how?
Considering how Future Lucy came from a future where 10,000 dragons literally did come and attack, maybe. Until then, I'm afraid the names of the dead would have to be Gray, Bacchus, Droy, Macao, and maybe Gajeel.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 00:16   Link #11438
G147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Considering how Future Lucy came from a future where 10,000 dragons literally did come and attack, maybe. Until then, I'm afraid the names of the dead would have to be Gray, Bacchus, Droy, Macao, and maybe Gajeel.
Future Lucy mentioned that the rescue squad all died except her and if they're having so much trouble with 7 Dragons, i guess humanity must have been near to extinction.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 17:01   Link #11439
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Hiro Mashima tweeted again. He says all the "good news" will be delayed until July 11.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 19:56   Link #11440
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Hiro Mashima tweeted again. He says all the "good news" will be delayed until July 11.
yep this looking more and more like the anime coming back, because this arc is nearly over and we already passed a full anime season.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.