AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 22:22   Link #701
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
No.

And Kamachi is teasing everyone with hints too...
There is no hint and Kamachi is already done with the memory thing regarding Touma since the climax at the world war.

There is no actual way to return something that was destroyed already.

The only option I can think of is having some time rewinding skill that totally overwhelms Imagine Breaker with a power output on the level of Fiamma on his best moment.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 01:47   Link #702
dniv
Perfect in every way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
There is no hint and Kamachi is already done with the memory thing regarding Touma since the climax at the world war.

There is no actual way to return something that was destroyed already.

The only option I can think of is having some time rewinding skill that totally overwhelms Imagine Breaker with a power output on the level of Fiamma on his best moment.
I thought of the perfect way to restore his memories. All the time he was in AC, the UNDERLINE has been storing all data of all of his actions-- especially since he, specifically was so important. Since he was in AC most or all of the time before he lost his memories after his early childhood, he would have most of his memories back... This means everything he did is stored in the machines and could be given back to him scientifically. If it can be uploaded into Aleister Crowley's machines via science (non-esper, non-supernatural powers)... it could be put into Kamijou's brain using science... I'm guessing. This would be a simple way to regain his memories... as long as Crowley would let him do this of course, which might happen eventually, but which probably wouldn't happen willingly.

Also, UNDERLINE wasn't destroyed... the data was still there actually... it was just temporarily stopped for three weeks as it said in the LN, so the info should still be there. After all, enough info was left for Aleister to tell us choice info on IB in book 16's epilogue. He obviously has a lot of info stored on Touma...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 04:11   Link #703
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Umm, did you not Misaki's and Touma's interaction together? Is that not enough 'hint' for you?

EDIT: Just noticed, you probably thought about that I was talking about Touma getting his memories back after memory loss, I was actually talking about his past. Miscommunication on my part there.

I'm well aware Kamijou can't get it back through normal processes.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 09:07   Link #704
desrtsku
HNNNNG

Quote:
How does that even worK?
Old 2013-06-23, 12:30   Link #705
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I thought of the perfect way to restore his memories. All the time he was in AC, the UNDERLINE has been storing all data of all of his actions-- especially since he, specifically was so important. Since he was in AC most or all of the time before he lost his memories after his early childhood, he would have most of his memories back... This means everything he did is stored in the machines and could be given back to him scientifically. If it can be uploaded into Aleister Crowley's machines via science (non-esper, non-supernatural powers)... it could be put into Kamijou's brain using science... I'm guessing. This would be a simple way to regain his memories... as long as Crowley would let him do this of course, which might happen eventually, but which probably wouldn't happen willingly.

Also, UNDERLINE wasn't destroyed... the data was still there actually... it was just temporarily stopped for three weeks as it said in the LN, so the info should still be there. After all, enough info was left for Aleister to tell us choice info on IB in book 16's epilogue. He obviously has a lot of info stored on Touma...
Underline goes directly to Aleister...

Also it wouldn't be the same Touma lived those experiences on first person, getting them back from record he will see them on 2nd person and that would be awkward for any person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
How does that even worK?
I wonder too. Its not like anything significant will happen to Touma apart from the people he forgot of and the will of the first Touma.....

.... Actually, I think its better for shippers' sake that thats the last thing they should wish for .
Old 2013-06-23, 13:31   Link #706
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I do not think Touma needs to recover the memories, what he needs now is to have more interaction with the sisters Kumokawa. (for my sake)
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 18:25   Link #707
Goldzero

in my opinion i would like to see touma receive him memories back but sadly they are permanently destroyed unless the author decides to write some half-ass crap to bring it back(i be happy to be honest).
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 20:27   Link #708
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
in my opinion i would like to see touma receive him memories back but sadly they are permanently destroyed unless the author decides to write some half-ass crap to bring it back(i be happy to be honest).
I wouldn't since it would be half-ass crap.
Be really cheap to suddenly "oh his memories are back" even though they were such a powerful force behind Touma for so long.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 10:03   Link #709
Goldzero

i don't even think its even possible anyways(remember they were permanently destroyed and it seems like the author is done focusing on that matter as well).
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 11:18   Link #710
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But its possible a supernatural record of his memory exists as "it"
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 01:36   Link #711
dniv
Perfect in every way

Quote:
Underline goes directly to Aleister...

Also it wouldn't be the same Touma lived those experiences on first person, getting them back from record he will see them on 2nd person and that would be awkward for any person.

I wonder too. Its not like anything significant will happen to Touma apart from the people he forgot of and the will of the first Touma.....

.... Actually, I think its better for shippers' sake that thats the last thing they should wish for .
That's slightly wrong. The UNDERLINE goes to the machines in Aleister's room in the windowless building. We saw in volume 16 when it gave specific information on Touma. What I'm talking about in terms of Touma regaining memories could be something as simple as dark legacy... restore his brain cells... or have his memory be stored in the UNDERLINE and then be forced by Aleister to see it so he masters the full potential of IB I dunno... I feel like there's a lot of ways you can transmit data directly into a person's mind. It doesn't have to be like a movie, it could be transferred in the form of residual information that would basically be dna... I'm sure science could do something about it... otherwise... why is seeing them like a movie so bad anyway... (if it happens in a split-second), that is not so bad.

Also, the case you also mentioned powerful magic. I'm sure Aleister and maybe even Othinus are powerful enough that at any time their magic would override IB and be able to affect Touma's body/brain. This could be used to cure him as well. Index might reach that point too.

BTW the first Touma didn't like Index that much I'm sure. It's probably the same as he was post-memory loss...he just saves everyone. Index just has silver hair so she attracted his attention. He already made the type of girls' he likes clear...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 07:34   Link #712
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
BTW the first Touma didn't like Index that much I'm sure. It's probably the same as he was post-memory loss...he just saves everyone. Index just has silver hair so she attracted his attention. He already made the type of girls' he likes clear...
Just read his reactions when he saw Index coming back to his apartment, and how repetitive was his impression of her perfect smile, pre and post memory loss...
Old 2013-06-25, 08:18   Link #713
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The reason pre-memory loss Touma was killed off was because it would never become harem otherwise.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 01:10   Link #714
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

Hello guys, im new here and i think this arc fvked up my brain
I mean... Yeah i understood first story about tsuchimikado's revenge and dying (again)
But the second story, about rensa stuff, fremea stuff, bunch of heroes, that female doctor, that agitate halaton stuff, omg im super confused

WHAT IS THIS AGITATE HALATION STUFF?
And
WHAT IS AGITATE HALATION PROJECT AND ITS OBJECTIVE? WHAT THAT BOARD DIRECTOR OBJECTIVE?
and
WHY THE HELL SOMEONE TARGETING MAIKA IN THE FIRST STORY? WHO ARE THAT 'someone'?
WHO THE HELL ARE THOSE 7500 HEROES? HOW ARE THERE SO MANY? WHY THEY WANT TO SAVE FREMEA? WHERE THOSE HEROES APPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE AND THEN CRAZILY WANT TO SAVE FREMEA?
And
WHO THE HELL IS FREMEA TRULY IS? WHY SHE LOOK AS IF SHE WAS SO FVKIN IMPORTANT? WHY SHE CAN PWN THAT INVISIBLE BOARD DIRECTOR? WHY THE HEROES WANT TO SAVE HER? AND SAVE HER FROM WHAT? FROM RENSA? WHO IS THIS RENSA ANYWAY? RANDOM CYBORG WITH LV.5 SPEC?

And why there badass accelerator appear with tornado wing pwn 1000 heroes at once even though he have no reason to save fremea and kamiyan -_-

Really... Im so fvkin confused... Or can you just summarized this arc?
And fvkin crap about motoharu always die and die every now and then, come on kamachi, its not dramatic anymore, just make motoharu lv.5 with super mass healing curaga already! *sigh*

Sorry for long post
tl;dr please explain everything about this arc...
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 01:27   Link #715
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Agitate Halation: A project that uses a young helpless individual (Fremea) as a means to control individuals which have been deemed to possess 'heroic' qualities and manipulate they against each other.

Maika: She has been targeted because Tsuchimikado is snooping around Agitate Halation and they want him to back off. Obviously the person in-charge of the project doesn't want him to get close.

Heroes: Refer back to Agitate Halation. They don't need a reason to save Fremea, they're just responding to the system.

Fremea: Refer back to Agitate Halation. She's the linchpin of the entire project, hence giving her a certain control over the AIM fluid computer that had been set up to control the 'Heroes'.

Accelerator: With such a large scale movement on the dark side, he wants to preemp them before it could splash over and affect Last Order.

Really though, all these are explained rather clearly in the Light Novel- Did you read a summary or something?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 02:26   Link #716
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

A project that uses a young helpless individual (Fremea) as a means to control individuals which have been deemed to possess 'heroic' qualities and manipulate they against each other.

For what purpose the board director want the heroes destroy each other? She just despise hero that much? -__-

Again, what and who are those 'heroes'? An unlucky resident of academy city who happen to took effect/brainwashed of that project and unconsciously move their own body to save fremea for whatever purpose?

All these explained clearly FOR YOU, unfortunately not for me maybe because my english is not excellent and my understanding ability for novel is bad?
And maybe thats why i like science side more than long-term explain everything with complex word and stuff ritual spell or whatever it is in magic side -__-
Old 2013-06-26, 02:39   Link #717
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

Quote:
Uncertain elements referring to themselves as heroes pose a threat to the development of the advanced technology that lies at the core of Academy City. Locating a certain weak individual can solve this problem. It has been statistically proven that an immature girl is most likely to fill the role.

This individual shall be henceforth referred to as the protection target.

This project aims to artificially create a protection target so that the unpredictable heroes will swiftly eliminate each other with a minimum of sacrifices.

Killing a hero with standard means is difficult. They possess a unique ability to suddenly reverse situations where they have an overwhelming disadvantage. However, that ability cannot help them in a conflict between two heroes.
All of this is no more difficult than your usual Science Plot.

Maybe stranger, but not difficult.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-06-26 at 02:56.
Old 2013-06-26, 03:23   Link #718
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
-Snip-
Uhm..... Did you join the forums to post that winding question?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 03:33   Link #719
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Uhm..... Did you join the forums to post that winding question?
Because im so fvkin confused and then somehow i met this forum -__-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
All of this is no more difficult than your usual Science Plot.

Maybe stranger, but not difficult.
Ok i understand.
Just 1 more.
7500 hero... So there is a lot of touma-like guy who want to save everyone who need help in academy city huh?
Old 2013-06-26, 03:36   Link #720
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation

No- one of the themes of this series is that there are many different kinds of heroes.

Kamijou is just one type of hero.

Its hard to say what kind of heroes they could be, but as batman begins said- its all about the will to act.