AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-02-04, 21:15   Link #101
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Lmao...Don't get all "icky" with me...I just like the way it's said...Zolo sounds alright, I have no problem with it...Zoro does (like it or not) makes me think of Zorro the spanish sword-hero...I'm sorry but it does...So i have no probs saying it or hearing it...I really don't have any problems either way (I mean i watch the same eps you do and am fine with them saying it in the anime)...When I'm typing it just comes out of me without me even thinking about it...So Zolo's cool with me...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 22:31   Link #102
Glitch87
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Lmao...Don't get all "icky" with me...I just like the way it's said...Zolo sounds alright, I have no problem with it...Zoro does (like it or not) makes me think of Zorro the spanish sword-hero...I'm sorry but it does...So i have no probs saying it or hearing it...I really don't have any problems either way (I mean i watch the same eps you do and am fine with them saying it in the anime)...When I'm typing it just comes out of me without me even thinking about it...So Zolo's cool with me...
yeah but whats wrong with it reminding you of Zorro? i know i'd rather have a name that reminds ppl of a legend than 'Zolo'. breath mints anyone? Have a fresh breath with a pack of Zolo's!
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 23:38   Link #103
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Without being too specific or belligerent, I simply like how the name sounds...

Sorry...don't let it eat your insides...Of all the crazy and idiotic names in anime (all of anime)... Zolo is far from something that's really wierd or unacceptable...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 17:16   Link #104
Chuixupu
Shikachu
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
I didn't see 256 yet, but from the summaries I read, this is a real definate case of the anime REALLY stalling way too much, they didn't even cover a whole chapter, sheesh. I was expecting the episode to cover a lot more. And they interjected something that should have been shown earlier.

And this is one reason why the manga kicks the anime's butt.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 15:11   Link #105
hi no ken Jebus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Spoiler for ep 256:
__________________

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2006-02-06 at 15:23.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 16:18   Link #106
Chuixupu
Shikachu
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Hehe, the guy from SMAP. "Watch this movie because I'm in it!"

I was hoping for a more upbeat ending, and the Robin one seems a bit early, but I really liked it nonetheless, and the song is nice.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 16:23   Link #107
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Anyone knows why they changed the voice of Chopper. I believe they also changed Gash's voice recently (same person). The new voice is awful. At the beginning the voice actor tried to imitate the original voice (and it seemed to me as if Luffy was changing his voice to also sound like Chopper), then after that the voice lost its entertaining value.

Hopefully, this will be a temporary change.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 16:39   Link #108
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^I don't mean to be frank, but why don't people read the thread? Just a little bit??Chopper's VA is sick so they had to replace her for the time being...It is discussed on previous pages in detail...

Well I finally got ONE PIECE Movie 5 (The only one I haven't seen)...Hope it's good and action-packed and can give me the OP action I've been looking for that Water 7 isn't providing...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 17:17   Link #109
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^I don't mean to be frank, but why don't people read the thread? Just a little bit??Chopper's VA is sick so they had to replace her for the time being...It is discussed on previous pages in detail...

Well I finally got ONE PIECE Movie 5 (The only one I haven't seen)...Hope it's good and action-packed and can give me the OP action I've been looking for that Water 7 isn't providing...
I made a search for chopper+voice in water 7 discussion thread - that is where the discussion about that should be made. And I didn't see anything - about illness. I mainly checked around the episode when the voice has changed. If you find a message that I missed in that thread feel free to reply (I searched in the water 7 thread again for ill - nothing came up). Are you sure it was discussed in detail? Or maybe there were lots of shortened words like VA that it may not be easily noticed.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 17:53   Link #110
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
I made a search for chopper+voice in water 7 discussion thread - that is where the discussion about that should be made. And I didn't see anything - about illness. I mainly checked around the episode when the voice has changed. If you find a message that I missed in that thread feel free to reply (I searched in the water 7 thread again for ill - nothing came up). Are you sure it was discussed in detail? Or maybe there were lots of shortened words like VA that it may not be easily noticed.
Well this is pretty much all the detail you need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
BTW, I thought the extended break in the episodes was just because of the holiday, but it was just announced that Ikue Ohtoni, Chopper's voice actor, has fallen ill and is unable to work for a while. She will be temporarily replaced by Kazue Ikura until she is well enough to return. I hope she gets well soon!
Plus alot of other people talked about it in passing...so no harm, no foul ...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 18:08   Link #111
Chuixupu
Shikachu
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
I thought Movie 5 mostly sucked. Like all the other odd-numbered movies. I get more out of the very slowest of W7 episodes then anything of Movie 5.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 18:15   Link #112
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Don't tell me that!

Don't kill all my hopes before I even watch the thing ...

Hopefully our difference in opinions in the show will be reflected when I watch this...It can't be worse than movie 6 (which looked great, but was kinda boring) or Chopper Island (That was just awful, except the 2 minute Sanji fight)...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 20:15   Link #113
Chuixupu
Shikachu
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Haha...I loved Movie 6, it's my favorite One Piece movie. It's the only one I wanted to watch more than once. So maybe you'll like 5....since we seem to have such opposite opinions. Well, actually, I hated movie 3 (the Chopper one) also...but then, who doesn't hate that one?
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 03:21   Link #114
ケネス
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Oh my god the characters look so ugly now. They can't draw their noses correctly. It's horrible
Spoiler:

Last edited by ケネス; 2006-02-10 at 10:51.
ケネス is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 03:34   Link #115
Chuixupu
Shikachu
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
No, that's because you're looking at an example of the B-team's episodes. Why does everyone do that? The find the worst example of the worst animated episode out of all the ones that are actually much better and go OMFG THEY LOOK SO AWFUL. It must be that someone did it once and everyone looks at the same screenshots. I could pull out dozens of examples from older episodes where they look much worse.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 10:49   Link #116
ケネス
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
No, that's because you're looking at an example of the B-team's episodes. Why does everyone do that? The find the worst example of the worst animated episode out of all the ones that are actually much better and go OMFG THEY LOOK SO AWFUL. It must be that someone did it once and everyone looks at the same screenshots. I could pull out dozens of examples from older episodes where they look much worse.
No my opinion is not based on one screenshot. Most of the recent episodes are like that and their noses are making me sick by looking at it.
ケネス is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 15:23   Link #117
Chuixupu
Shikachu
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Whatever. With the exception of just a few certain episodes, they look fine to me. It's just uncanny how the few people that make the same exact comments post the same exact screenshots from the same episodes which really suck artwise. The art in the anime has changed to fit the more complex style of the manga art. The lack-luster artists of Toei aren't really great at adapting, particularly the filler team people who did some of the recent episodes.

The art and animation style for the recent episodes are much better than they were in Skypiea, at least.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 22:16   Link #118
ケネス
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
chunky is my hero after that debate
ケネス is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 12:24   Link #119
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
I don't think your hero will appreciate that you misspelled his name, and now referring him as chunky. It's chucky.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 16:04   Link #120
ケネス
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
ahahahahahaha
ケネス is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.