AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-25, 13:01   Link #7101
Subzero00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Is this good for another fmp series or bad
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 13:21   Link #7102
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 29
It's hopeful. End of July (most likely July 20th, but there's no official date yet) will be the next issue of Dragon Magazine, and they're going to have the announcement of what they'll be doing for the 15th anniversary of FMP! Technically speaking, next issue is the September issue, even though it releases in July, and FMP first began its serialization in September of '98. Also, Sigma should be approaching its end of its serialization in Dragon Age very soon. Between the anniversary and Sigma wrapping up, it seems like a good time.

If it's not what's announced next month, though, then I believe our hopes/chances go down significantly, personally. I'll still always have hope unless they outright say it'll never happen, but I think the odds will go down a lot if this isn't it. ...So, good and bad?
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 04:15   Link #7103
Subzero00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
It's hopeful. End of July (most likely July 20th, but there's no official date yet) will be the next issue of Dragon Magazine, and they're going to have the announcement of what they'll be doing for the 15th anniversary of FMP! Technically speaking, next issue is the September issue, even though it releases in July, and FMP first began its serialization in September of '98. Also, Sigma should be approaching its end of its serialization in Dragon Age very soon. Between the anniversary and Sigma wrapping up, it seems like a good time.

If it's not what's announced next month, though, then I believe our hopes/chances go down significantly, personally. I'll still always have hope unless they outright say it'll never happen, but I think the odds will go down a lot if this isn't it. ...So, good and bad?
Ok I've got my my hopes very high right now
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 11:08   Link #7104
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
If this is not a anime announcement, I'll probably lose my hope completely since they said it's 15th anniversary of FMP. They better not be thinking another figure or manga series is a major announcement.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 21:35   Link #7105
Yye1
Member of Little Busters
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Oh my god, has it been 15 years? Damn
__________________
Donít you open your mouth about the best. Or Iím ma shut it for you real quick.
- Richard Sherman

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 21:47   Link #7106
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
If this is not a anime announcement, I'll probably lose my hope completely since they said it's 15th anniversary of FMP. They better not be thinking another figure or manga series is a major announcement.
I can't even imagine them doing another manga series at this point, that would just be freaking overkill x_x I still can't believe they did FMP!0, ffs... Which is still serializing though I've heard nothing yet of any expected releases for manga volumes of it. Between the original and Comic Mission, Ikinari and Surplus, Sigma, Another, and now Zero, I think we've got enough manga x___x

And to clarify, I'm not saying you're wrong for worrying they might make an announcement of that as a "major announcement," especially given their track record... Just stating my feelings on IF they did, because... GAH NO TOO MUCH IS TOO MUCH WE HAVE ENOUGH MANGA GIVE US ANIMEEEEEEEEEEE
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 04:30   Link #7107
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
I really hope someone in the convention will dare and shout "Where's our Kaname x Sousuke anime closure, you AS*HO**!!!!".. and they'll know the anime fans are serious....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 05:01   Link #7108
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
I wonder how many hopeful FMP fans will throw in the towel, if this, "major announcement", isn't a new anime announcement.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 15:55   Link #7109
dniv
Imagine Maker
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
FMP is my second favorite series (only second to Index because Index gets more attention and more consistent fan translations...) but Sousuke is my favorite character of all time... (after finishing through first series of LN's) I can't find Another anywhere... translated...

I really hope they announce a season 4. I won't give up hope even if they don't. One of us just has to make enough money eventually to donate to them and ask them to make it (jk, but technically possible).

Sousuke didn't give up. Why should we

This is what got me into LN's (a lot of which I really like now) and was coincidentally my first manga and anime I ever saw. So it's the most important manga/anime/LN to me ever actually lol. It basically started everything. I never was able to see the anime until about four years later though. I bought the vhs tapes and they didn't work because they were only good in Japan... (lol)... But, yeah... I feel like if I get around to reading all of the LN's again soon. I could try updating the wiki. I feel like the wiki could use many improvements especially for such a good/deep series. (I haven't seen it for a while...)

This was the first manga I bought. It was also the first time I learned about what an LN was when I didn't want to wait for Sigma releases and read the last two LN's (good decision in hindsight). Gatoh is really amazing no matter what else comes out of it. It would just be a shame though if people didn't get to see Sigma. Sigma is basically, season 1, season 2, season 3 were great. Now what if this were actually real life and this were happening? Then things get serious and real. It's such a better take in my opinion on everything that FMP! would really miss a chance to be an incredible work if it didn't get animated. Of course, if they made a series of movies I wouldn't mind either (similar to Evangelion).
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 16:18   Link #7110
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I could try updating the wiki. I feel like the wiki could use many improvements especially for such a good/deep series. (I haven't seen it for a while...)
Do not get me started on the fail of the wiki... I keep getting into an editing war with some random idiot who constantly changes Sousuke's ethnicity to "half Japanese/half Afghan" ........Do I have to take a picture of the MULTIPLE pages in my light novels, including the official English translated ones, that state VERY specifically OVER AND OVER that Sousuke is FULL BLOODED JAPANESE!? ...ffs, there's tons of logic clues as to him being full blooded Japanese... first and foremost, the fact that JAPAN IS XENOPHOBIC, IF HE WASN'T FULL BLOODED JAPANESE, IT WOULD BE A HOT CONVERSATION TOPIC IN 'VERSE.

*rage*

...I take my FMP perhaps a wee bit too seriously, but it's ridiculous how many times I've had to edit it, citing sources, and it STILL gets edited back to the BLATANTLY WRONG INFORMATION. *grumblegrumble*
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 16:18   Link #7111
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In front of my moniter, surrounded by books...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I really hope someone in the convention will dare and shout "Where's our Kaname x Sousuke anime closure, you AS*HO**!!!!".. and they'll know the anime fans are serious....
Heh, I think they should do a flash mob. Film it. And put it on the Japanese version of YouTube. That would get somebody's attention!
__________________
Managing multiple obsessions can make a person CRAZY!!!
tomboy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 05:34   Link #7112
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Poland - Goleniůw
OMG, my hopes are so high right now. It is like, erm, 8 years of waiting for me? FMP was my first anime series, and after all that 8 years it is still my favourite one. I love the manga, love sigma and light novels and I want to see FMP animated so badly!

I haven't lost my hope for all that 8 years. I've been visiting this forum since years hoping that some day I will see FULL METAL PANIC SEASON 4 IS CONFIRMED! Now I'm so excited, I will not give up believing in next season and count days till late july waiting for that awesome announcement.
__________________
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g264/ichigowife/Darker%20Than%20Black/2cghi89.png
Chidori<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 05:39   Link #7113
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 29
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
You're not the only one... I've been been longing to see a Kaname x Sousuke intimate moments...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 10:53   Link #7114
MisterBaka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The red hills of Russia
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterBaka
Quote:
Do not get me started on the fail of the wiki... I keep getting into an editing war with some random idiot who constantly changes Sousuke's ethnicity to "half Japanese/half Afghan" ........Do I have to take a picture of the MULTIPLE pages in my light novels, including the official English translated ones, that state VERY specifically OVER AND OVER that Sousuke is FULL BLOODED JAPANESE!? ...ffs, there's tons of logic clues as to him being full blooded Japanese... first and foremost, the fact that JAPAN IS XENOPHOBIC, IF HE WASN'T FULL BLOODED JAPANESE, IT WOULD BE A HOT CONVERSATION TOPIC IN 'VERSE.
My god... You have my sympathies. My friend who was an editor for the Russian FMP wiki had the same trouble. Some people just kept editing the articles all wrong. They even went as far as marking Sosuke as a Whispered... And then I knew I had to shoot them in the face to save my friend's sanity.
I suppose it's all due to the fact that many admirers are simply underage infantile anime buffs and not true otakus who have respect for the material. I know for a fact that many didn't even bother to read the novels while aware of their existance. Very frustrating.
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 12:44   Link #7115
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 29
I could go on a very long rant about the person who keeps changing his ethnicity, but I'll leave at it this... The twat called me racist for "hating" the idea of him being even part Afghan, when all I ever said, continuously, was that it was a FACT that he's full-blooded Japanese, and then in that in the same breath, said they would hate the series if he was indeed full-blooded Japanese. So, uh, clearly it's racist to be against the changing of a character's race, but NOT racist to hate what he actually is. Good job there.
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 14:17   Link #7116
MisterBaka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The red hills of Russia
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterBaka
Quote:
So, uh, clearly it's racist to be against the changing of a character's race, but NOT racist to hate what he actually is.
That reminds me of the time when I had the holy war with a долбоеб who kept pestering the forums about how Gatoh glorifies war and violence and how cool this is. When I pointed out to him that the story was about the path from war to peace he claimed that I didn't understand the series and Sosuke and that he was destined to lose Kaname and become like Gauron or something since Gatoh thinks that war is cool. Like, the whole point of FMP contradicted. I remember that was a furious battle, but at least it was about points of view. Yet what you described... Maybe the twat is Afghan himself and has some nationality issues. He just doesn't make sense.
Really, Feisty, now I am getting really "tender and respectful" (read - want to kick) at this person >(
I hate the alternative logic of some people. You do not bend the freaking CANON to your will. And CANON is that Sosuke was BORN in Japan and never came to the A-land until the assassin training. How the hell would anyone even argue about Sosuke being RACIAL Afghan. I would understand if it was about mentality and upbringing, but it's race. It's facts.
Goddamn, I must bring forth this casus to the Russian fans. We must tear the argument of this person apart and make a hentai fanfic. Such is the way!
And now I'm probably getting beyond the point, so I'll just leave this Another fan art here and go watch me some Fumoffu.
Spoiler for Mao and Clara:

Last edited by MisterBaka; 2013-06-28 at 14:52.
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 14:26   Link #7117
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
Goddamn, I must bring forth this casus to the Russian fans. We must tear the argument of this person apart and make a hentai fanfic. Such is the way!
Ahahahah, good plan!! XD

Ah, yes, when people completely miss the point of the series... Especially considering how much they beat it into us at the finale, that Sousuke was always supposed to be gentle but was forced into being vicious. But at least it can be interpreted differently, even if the point was made rather obvious =P

Ahhn, what a cute fanart! Thanks for sharing~!!! ^^
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 14:46   Link #7118
MisterBaka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The red hills of Russia
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterBaka
Quote:
Ah, yes, when people completely miss the point of the series... Especially considering how much they beat it into us at the finale, that Sousuke was always supposed to be gentle but was forced into being vicious.
It just pains me when some people even start despising him for it or say that Gatoh ruined FMP by making him a "sheep". I mean, what the hell! The whole drama was about how crippled Sosuke was by war. Gatoh has a great humanitarian idea about FMP. It's not just empty entertainments, that's why I love it so much.
And where else can I find such a great male protagonist, after all =D

The credit for the art goes to A-len-A, a talented young artist and a fan of Full Metal Panic. Today is her birthday so I just wanted to share her talent with people)
Here is her Chidori.
http://a-len-a.deviantart.com/art/chidori-321662956

Spoiler for Chidori:
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 14:58   Link #7119
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Whoever thought Sousuke was half-Afghan probably didn't bother to read the novels.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 16:10   Link #7120
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
It just pains me when some people even start despising him for it or say that Gatoh ruined FMP by making him a "sheep". I mean, what the hell! The whole drama was about how crippled Sosuke was by war. Gatoh has a great humanitarian idea about FMP. It's not just empty entertainments, that's why I love it so much.
And where else can I find such a great male protagonist, after all =D

The credit for the art goes to A-len-A, a talented young artist and a fan of Full Metal Panic. Today is her birthday so I just wanted to share her talent with people)
Here is her Chidori.
http://a-len-a.deviantart.com/art/chidori-321662956

Spoiler for Chidori:
Ahhh, yes~ Don't get me wrong, I love the vicious "Kashim" ...To the point where my friend Mika has made a whole fanart series for me of an "of age" Kashim, many with Kaname, lol!

Spoiler:


And then there's this link, which has some of her NSFW images that can't be on dA. Note, the image in the spoiler above is NOT one of those NSFW images, I wouldn't do that, lol, but just to clarify so it isn't mistaken before clicking ^^ (which reminds me, I need to update her site for her...)

Buuut, back on topic, I also love the Sousuke he was always supposed to be. ^^ Even the scene where Kaname got to talk to the "normal" Sousuke, with a peaceful life, he was so adorable. I love that he's got a chance to start exploring that side of him that he was always supposed to be. It's a good story of nature vs. nurture, too. Because of his life, he became one way, but he's still innately a gentle soul in spite of everything, though it was hard for him to believe it even as so many people told him so. Only Kaname could make him believe it and want to embrace it <3

Thank you for the link!!! Such cute art she has~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Whoever thought Sousuke was half-Afghan probably didn't bother to read the novels.
Oh, it gets better. I told her about the novels and she refused to believe that they were the original source, saying that the manga OBVIOUSLY was, and all her Japanese friends say so too! I had directed her to the wiki where the publication dates were and she immediately jumped into "THE WIKI ISN'T ALWAYS RIGHT" and this was AFTER saying "THE WIKI SAYS HE'S HALF AFGHAN"

*sigh* I stopped trying after that. It went on for a couple hours back and forth, I couldn't stand it anymore. Especially since she had the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader and kept saying I'd said one thing when I very clearly never had, and ignored every single valid point I'd made with dismissive statements. Really, her logic on how the fact that everyone mistook Kousuke for Sousuke was FLAWLESS. "They use that gimmick all the time, it means nothing." Oh, yes, because it's so easy to explain mistaking a Japanese guy for a supposedly Afghan guy as a plot hole "gimmick." Nevermind all the times Gatoh was very careful of how different ethnicities were perceived by different characters.

I wish I could show the conversation, but she hid all of the comments. If I'd thought about it, I would have screenshot it as it was going on. Silly me. (Although as a small disclaimer, she wasn't going on a constant caps lock rage, it's just how I imagine it in my head because all of her arguments were shallow and childish)
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light novels, mecha, military, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.