AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-28, 02:41   Link #1
AnimeFreakZoR
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Animes with weak characters with potential

Looking for an anime that got a completely useless/weak or even something like (I dont care about anything) main male character who got a hidden potential in him and doesnt know about that which suddenly awakens inside him and develops in the process. With Romance included in it if possible.

P.S. Or any other anime that got the same kind of character without any potential, just a normal anime about middle or high schooler that doesnt give a damn about everything or weak.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
AnimeFreakZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 06:48   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Both these suggestions have female protagonists, I'm afraid.

The most famous example of this type of character is Nakajima Youko in the classic fantasy Twelve Kingdoms. When the story opens she is a "doormat" high-school girl who is the iincho in her class because no one else wants the job. Her home life isn't much better. Her parents want her to dye her red hair so she can fit in. One day she is visited in her classroom by a mysterious man who takes her on an adventure to learn her true role in life. In the hundreds of anime that I have seen, no character displays more character development than Youko.

The protagonist of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is the prototype of the whiny middle-schooler who hates everything about her life. Then she has to deal with the consequences of an earthquake that leaves her and her younger brother stranded far from home.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 08:55   Link #3
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFreakZoR View Post
Looking for an anime that got a completely useless/weak or even something like (I dont care about anything) main male character who got a hidden potential in him and doesnt know about that which suddenly awakens inside him and develops in the process. With Romance included in it if possible.

P.S. Or any other anime that got the same kind of character without any potential, just a normal anime about middle or high schooler that doesnt give a damn about everything or weak.
Well... there is the obvious: Neon Genesis Evangelion.

However, you've already seen that.

By weak do you just mean physically weak? Or do you mean emotionally/mentally weak as well?

Because there are tons of the first type, and not so many of the second type.

Shakugan no Shana would be an obvious example of the first case, but not really the second.
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 09:18   Link #4
AnimeFreakZoR
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Well emotionally/physically too it actually depends which one is more interesting. But i would prefer both.
I will check Tokyo Magnitude but i realy doubt i will like that since i am dont realy like to have a female protagonist. I rarely see one.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
AnimeFreakZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 09:49   Link #5
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
2nding Twelve Kingdoms.

And also suggesting Accel World as he is definitely weak in both ways and the starts to develop.
__________________
Haruka & Yuu - Sakura TrickAvatar by Auxilism
Sig by TheEroKing
MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 11:17   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFreakZoR View Post
I will check Tokyo Magnitude but i realy doubt i will like that since i am dont realy like to have a female protagonist. I rarely see one.
Too bad. In serious anime, they are usually much more interesting than male protagonists.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 21:18   Link #7
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFreakZoR View Post
Well emotionally/physically too it actually depends which one is more interesting. But i would prefer both.
I will check Tokyo Magnitude but i realy doubt i will like that since i am dont realy like to have a female protagonist. I rarely see one.
Okay:

FLCL

Occult Academy

Big Windup

Otome Yōkai Zakuro (has a female protagonist, but the male lead is prominent, is weak, but develops.)

Hard since you've seen most of the ones I know.
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 23:02   Link #8
CJ_Walker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California
Age: 29
Heh, I was going to make a joke and say "every anime from 2006 on" but then I saw this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Both these suggestions have female protagonists, I'm afraid.

The most famous example of this type of character is Nakajima Youko in the classic fantasy Twelve Kingdoms. When the story opens she is a "doormat" high-school girl who is the iincho in her class because no one else wants the job. Her home life isn't much better. Her parents want her to dye her red hair so she can fit in. One day she is visited in her classroom by a mysterious man who takes her on an adventure to learn her true role in life. In the hundreds of anime that I have seen, no character displays more character development than Youko.

The protagonist of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is the prototype of the whiny middle-schooler who hates everything about her life. Then she has to deal with the consequences of an earthquake that leaves her and her younger brother stranded far from home.
Then decided to give a round of applause.

P.S. (to the op) About occult academy, I really couldn't watch more than 3 episodes of that thing, the dude is so weak and gets shat on so hard that I just got turned off. . .

so maybe you'd like that I guess?

Twelve kingdoms is great! I love how they made Youko the "strong female character" without:
a)making it at the expense of the men in the series as many "girl power" shows/anime do (there's some strong men there that are a huge part of the story too.)

b)doing retardedly unrealistic shit like having a woman be able to wield a huge ass two handed sword, or fight on par with huge ass dudes in armor, They made her agile like a ninja (which is perfect for a female fighter role because. . . human biology)

c)making her extremely annoying, I dont remember ever being mad at her, except for maybe at the start, but she got rid of that shit quick!


The story is really really awesome. Seriously, I don't know why they never got around to finishing the whole story as there was so much material left. . .

second season where?

Last edited by CJ_Walker; 2013-06-28 at 23:12.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 01:58   Link #9
Dawnstorm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austria
If you're okay with comedy, I suggest Ixion Saga DT. It's delightful to watch the main character weasel through his adventure and ignore his potential as much as possible.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 17:19   Link #10
AnimeFreakZoR
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
I will check Otome Yokai Zakuro even though it got female protagonist and might continue watching twelve kingdoms because i remember stopping it for a time.
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
AnimeFreakZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 17:23   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
You must watch at least the first half-dozen episodes of Twelve Kingdoms until a certain unusual character arrives on the scene. It picks up quickly from there.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.