AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-28, 22:03   Link #321
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
IOS (Index Operating System)

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 07:45   Link #322
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
IOS (Index Operating System)

I'd buy it. That sounds so great

If only it existed... that was fake right?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 08:25   Link #323
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Don't underestimate Japan.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 14:49   Link #324
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't underestimate Japan.
Why I'd never!
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 16:23   Link #325
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Index-tan: "HAHAHA! I'm the main heroine! I'm a movie star now! I don't care what you say I'm not going to be written out!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 04:54   Link #326
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
So I just watched the first season of Index with English Subtitles, something I had never gotten around to doing before... don't ask me why.

Anyway, now that (I think) it has BD animation it looks lovely.

The big thing I noticed is that not only do I actually like Index's character, way way more than in the English version, but that she actually really is a great character. I guess my mistake was obvious because the Japanese dub tends to be better in general...

Anyway, Index seems less tyrannical and more funny. This makes me think that the English Dub definitely contributed to me preferring Mikoto to Index...

Anyway, I can now visualize Index as a much more genuine/likeable character.

I'm still curious about many things concerning her. I also want to know how she managed to get into AC the first time unnoticed by anyone... I don't think that's been explained yet.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 07:26   Link #327
Draco Spirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I'm under the general impression that Crowley want her in the city and smooth's her path somewhat.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 08:28   Link #328
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Probably just through her intelligence. That's how she escaped the church for so many months.

Quote:
Kanzaki looked more exhausted than surprised and said, “Do you think she could have escaped our pursuit for an entire year if she were ‘just a girl?’”

“…”

“Stiyl has his flames and I have my Nanasen and Yuisen. She is up against magicians who name their magic names, but she cannot rely on a supernatural power like you or magic like me. She can only run away.” Kanzaki gave a self-derisive smile. “And Stiyl and I are only two opponents. Not even I would last a month against the entire organization of Necessarius.”

That was true.

Kamijou finally learned the truth about Index. He was unable to escape for four days even with his Imagine Breaker that could smash the systems of God in a single strike. And yet, she…

“She is, without a doubt, a genius,” declared Kanzaki. “To the extent that using her ability in the wrong way could cause a disaster.[1] The reason why the higher ups in the church do not treat her normally is clear. They are afraid of her. Everyone is.”
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 05:01   Link #329
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
^ That... Was actually kinda badass.

Wasted potential Kamachi =_=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Index's popularity was mostly came from Endymion movie & model snapshots "VA's snapshots" in Index-tan movie. But maybe not much to do with NT8. Though, this topic shouldn't be here.
Index never really fell far the rankings- She wasn't in the top ten for the last two years but she was still hovering close to it. I guess it really didn't take much to get back in for her.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 04:15   Link #330
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
i am the only one who is sad about the lack of Index in every adventure??,
at least kamachi should make a Index SS about her adventures, since ToAru Index is now Toumas Story (maybe +Misaka+ other magicans except Index)

In any case, read the Endymion SS it has a good amount of script time for her.

That being said, for an author who has been pretty creative when utilizing underpowered characters, Kamachi sure is being uncreative when it comes to her. I would have suspected something if it wasn't for the fact he has named her the character he would choose as a lover.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 03:20   Link #331
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
In any case, read the Endymion SS it has a good amount of script time for her.
do you mean the story with this indian magicians??

Quote:
That being said, for an author who has been pretty creative when utilizing underpowered characters, Kamachi sure is being uncreative when it comes to her. I would have suspected something if it wasn't for the fact he has named her the character he would choose as a lover.
in the createn of really interesting abilitys, characters and plots kamachi is #1 but unfortunatly if he wants to use a character he creates many minor chars who must be defeated and than he creates new ones, for every char a whole new enemyset,

im not suprised about the fact that index have little to no development or really adventures in the LN, im only sad about it, like you said:
Quote:
That... Was actually kinda badass.

Wasted potential Kamachi =_=
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 22:24   Link #332
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That being said, for an author who has been pretty creative when utilizing underpowered characters, Kamachi sure is being uncreative when it comes to her. I would have suspected something if it wasn't for the fact he has named her the character he would choose as a lover.
I always thought we would get something with her becoming a Magic God, especially after that incident with Stiyl.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 05:00   Link #333
Draco Spirit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I always get the feeling that Index is very important to the core storyline and where it is going.... most authors figure out the beginning and end well before the middle after all!

Also.. she part of the series title... big hint me thinks!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 11:04   Link #334
Loremaster
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 22
^ That may not be the entire case Draco. If I recall the author didn't expect to go further then Volume 1. And the name was result of that because volume 1 focused on index. Probably not the entire facts but I remember seeing this written somewhere.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 11:54   Link #335
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
^ That may not be the entire case Draco. If I recall the author didn't expect to go further then Volume 1. And the name was result of that because volume 1 focused on index. Probably not the entire facts but I remember seeing this written somewhere.
It is indeed a fact. Index was meant to be only 1 volume but suddenly the editorial department call Kamachi and said they need vol 2 in 14? days. I'm not sure on how long but Kamachi produce the 2nd volume in only around 10 days.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 12:13   Link #336
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
^ That may not be the entire case Draco. If I recall the author didn't expect to go further then Volume 1. And the name was result of that because volume 1 focused on index. Probably not the entire facts but I remember seeing this written somewhere.
The same then could be said for Kamijou whose power became more than meets the eye in the following volume.

Actually with so many groundwork being laid in the first volume like Queen and the Clones, I'm pretty sure Kamachi had some plans even back then.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.