AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-09, 14:52   Link #2021
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
What's up with all of these studios dropping out of bringing in second seasons? K and Magi got shafted for another season as well and their makers are going to movies instead.

Not that I'm complaining...just curious. And it seems weird.
The movie's a recap of the first season with some scenes added in. The second season is still planed and will come to tv screens eventually.
__________________

Dextro is offline  
Old 2013-06-09, 16:58   Link #2022
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
Oh. I see....

My mistake.
__________________
GDiddy is offline  
Old 2013-06-09, 22:47   Link #2023
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 28
What if the K-ON girls hooked up with the Free! boys?

Ascaloth is offline  
Old 2013-06-09, 23:24   Link #2024
Dagger
Nitro+ fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hyogo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
What if the K-ON girls hooked up with the Free! boys?

You just blew my mind.

Now I know I'll waste a bunch of time idly thinking of possible pairings.
__________________
Dagger is offline  
Old 2013-06-10, 03:07   Link #2025
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by thieftheodore View Post
New K-ON! illustration in this month's Animedia...
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
that pic clearly show the cast in the club room with only azusa wearing uniform...

new hope for new season of k-on???
I'll use this opportunity to say something about artworks which appear in magazines. "Who does what in what kind of composition" is decided by a magazine editor. They even draw and send a rough sketch to an animation studio. It's wrong to assume animation studios or production committees suggest something by artworks in magazines. (Of course there are artworks published by a production committee to suggest something. But the above picture isn't the case.)
__________________
Are you going to say "budget"? Wait! Is your point really related to budget? Isn't it time or style?
Simply put, production time is consistency, and budget is framerate.
Even poor animation is costlier than a high-quality still shot.
thirdlc is offline  
Old 2013-06-10, 03:24   Link #2026
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
Are you saying that animation studios will never ever make suggestions to magazine editors--as to what kind of illustrations they should put in their magazines--because there's some kind of rule to their relationships? I find that hard to believe.
__________________
cyth is offline  
Old 2013-06-10, 09:28   Link #2027
kyouray
2D > 3D
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France
Age: 26
ultimatemegax wrote a detailed post about it and that includes Animedia.
__________________
kyouray is offline  
Old 2013-06-10, 12:47   Link #2028
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
It doesn't exactly address my doubts about his claim. The interview actually suggests that marketing corrections are completely feasible due to the long time it takes to complete them.
__________________
cyth is offline  
Old 2013-06-10, 16:53   Link #2029
kyouray
2D > 3D
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France
Age: 26
I understand from that post these magazines illustrations are only editors requests.
Animation studios suggest things via the first rough sketch I guess but it has to respect the request. Maybe I misunderstood.
__________________
kyouray is offline  
Old 2013-06-11, 00:59   Link #2030
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
You just blew my mind.

Now I know I'll waste a bunch of time idly thinking of possible pairings.
Any pairing involving Yui will drop one's IQ by miles...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2013-06-11, 01:54   Link #2031
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Are you saying that animation studios will never ever make suggestions to magazine editors--as to what kind of illustrations they should put in their magazines--because there's some kind of rule to their relationships? I find that hard to believe.
I'm not sure I can go that far to say such a strong negation, but I haven't heard that they make any suggestions to magazine editors about illustrations. Production committees can reject editors' requests if they see problems with the requests. You might be able to take it as a "suggestion" if you want to.
__________________
Are you going to say "budget"? Wait! Is your point really related to budget? Isn't it time or style?
Simply put, production time is consistency, and budget is framerate.
Even poor animation is costlier than a high-quality still shot.
thirdlc is offline  
Old 2013-06-11, 02:13   Link #2032
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
Then again, these people, the magazine staffs and production staffs are essentially business partners. I don't see why it's wrong to think they have a mutually beneficial relationship. Just because they haven't disclosed anything more than what they have written? Sometimes, relying on common sense is better than relying on magazine interviews where involved parties can say anything to make them more palatable. That whole interview was to say "we put a lot of work into illustrations" in a way that makes the whole process of illustration publishing come off as magical. It wasn't their intention to disclose the way they do business, their intention was to entertain the readers.

If they wanted to create some buzz and speculation, or just looking for feedback for a possible upcoming K-ON! anime, this was the way to do it.
__________________
cyth is offline  
Old 2013-06-12, 03:21   Link #2033
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Then again, these people, the magazine staffs and production staffs are essentially business partners. I don't see why it's wrong to think they have a mutually beneficial relationship. Just because they haven't disclosed anything more than what they have written? Sometimes, relying on common sense is better than relying on magazine interviews where involved parties can say anything to make them more palatable. That whole interview was to say "we put a lot of work into illustrations" in a way that makes the whole process of illustration publishing come off as magical. It wasn't their intention to disclose the way they do business, their intention was to entertain the readers.

If they wanted to create some buzz and speculation, or just looking for feedback for a possible upcoming K-ON! anime, this was the way to do it.
Magazine editors know their own readers' taste better than animation studios do. Therefore the editors decide what kind of illustrations are put into their magazine. It totally makes sense and there is nothing funny about it. Don't you agree it's common sense once you put aside the bias that there must be animation studios' suggestions behind artworks in magazines?

I guess you question why K~ON now. The picture shows K-ON won the 4th place in Animedia's best anime reader poll, which is held every year.
__________________
Are you going to say "budget"? Wait! Is your point really related to budget? Isn't it time or style?
Simply put, production time is consistency, and budget is framerate.
Even poor animation is costlier than a high-quality still shot.
thirdlc is offline  
Old 2013-06-12, 07:29   Link #2034
cyth
ふひひ
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Don't you agree it's common sense once you put aside the bias that there must be animation studios' suggestions behind artworks in magazines?
That's funny, because I could accuse you of bias in the same manner. I know the proto anime news "club" well enough to say we get hung up on official statements and take them as gospel far too quickly instead of thinking of the back side of things. I'm not saying that there's a new K-ON anime in the works, but I'm not going to dismiss the possibility just because you want us to believe a fan-service-y interview that suggests differently.
__________________
cyth is offline  
Old 2013-06-12, 14:33   Link #2035
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
That's funny, because I could accuse you of bias in the same manner. I know the proto anime news "club" well enough to say we get hung up on official statements and take them as gospel far too quickly instead of thinking of the back side of things. I'm not saying that there's a new K-ON anime in the works, but I'm not going to dismiss the possibility just because you want us to believe a fan-service-y interview that suggests differently.
Until any news about a new K-ON! anime is released, I think it's wiser to stick to the facts, and not let rumors and speculations take over. So far, other than a seemingly misplaced image of the K-ON! cast in an anime magazine, we've had no news whatsoever from KyoAni regarding more K-On! anime, so I'm going to assume they don't have anything planned for quite some time. And seeing what they do have planned for the upcoming seasons, I don't think it'll be happening anytime soon, either. If they're even considering it in the first place.

Of course, it's always possible that they'll change their minds, but right now, no official word = no new K-ON! anime.
__________________
Lord of Fire is offline  
Old 2013-06-14, 06:07   Link #2036
rulfo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
KyoAni really is ramping up their production line ups.

To think they'd squeeze in something for the movie like that. So now that all of these things are laid out, by the looks of it:

Free -> Chuunibyou S2 -> Kyoukai no Kanata

1 more year till Kyoukai huh....
__________________
rulfo is offline  
Old 2013-06-15, 19:02   Link #2037
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
What if the K-ON girls hooked up with the Free! boys?

Mio would run the hell away and anyone who's with Yui would become as dumb as she is.

However, I can see Mugi seducing the Free boys with food. Especially Tachibana and BoyYui. Nanase, Shark Boy and Glasses would be all, 'NO NO GOTTA KEEP FIT'.
__________________
GDiddy is offline  
Old 2013-06-28, 17:24   Link #2038
cupkeika
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Hello,
My name is Keika and I'm new to the AnimeSuki forums.
I'm so glad there is a thread about KyoAni! I am the Kyoto Animation intern from 2002.
If you have any questions about my experience with KyoAni, please feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message.
Thank you!
cupkeika
cupkeika is offline  
Old 2013-06-29, 14:15   Link #2039
Warm Mist
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I wonder, was there much overtime work when you were an intern?
Warm Mist is offline  
Old 2013-06-29, 15:34   Link #2040
kyouray
2D > 3D
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: France
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupkeika View Post
Hello,
My name is Keika and I'm new to the AnimeSuki forums.
I'm so glad there is a thread about KyoAni! I am the Kyoto Animation intern from 2002.
If you have any questions about my experience with KyoAni, please feel free to reply to this post or send me a private message.
Thank you!
cupkeika
Hello! Nice to meet you. Thanks for coming here!
I guess you learnt animation process and such things but did you learn things specific to KyoAni ?
And are you still in contact with KyoAni folks ?
__________________
kyouray is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
studios

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.