AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-29, 20:00   Link #621
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Reggie is in charge of Nintendo of America, saying he's just a PR guy is laughable, just a PR guy is someone like Major Nelson, not someone in Reggie's position. He's suppose to be Nintendo's Jack Tretton, not their Major Nelson. Yes Tretton and Reggie obviously do PR since they try to sell their company but that's not the only thing they do clearly.
Then are you claiming Reggie personally handles hardware/software development? I understand being in charge of Nintendo of America means he has to be given info from Japan on what kind of console he's selling, and he has to make decisions for localization and licensing, but unless he participates in making the console like Cerny is, I just don't agree that your comparison is valid.

Cerny even states that being a consultant to Sony means he's not directly responsible for managing the workers, meaning he can focus directly on the technical aspect of making game hardware and the software that runs on them. That's still quite different from Reggie who is primarily a businessman responsible for a large branch of a company. Had we been talking about say... Shu Yoshida, you might have had a valid argument.

Maybe calling Reggie just a PR guy is not giving him enough credit, but the fact remains that he is still not in the same kind of position that Cerny is.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-06-29 at 20:14.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 20:16   Link #622
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am wondering though, how can Xbox 360 weak performance power is able to play Titan Falls? As oppose to these Exclusives such as Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Falls, and The Order: 1886 are all PS4 exclusive, not PS3. It shows that these games require the best up to date system.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 20:34   Link #623
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Calling it 'exclusive' when it's out on all these other platform is a bit...

I do get what you're saying, just like how Destiny is obviously focusing on the PS4 despite all the other platform... Perhaps there is a better term for this?

If you think about it if Titanfall is successful, why not bring it to another console to sell more copies, and if t is coming to PS4 a year or more later it could potentially mean more time to polishe that version, but let's be real it will be the same to keep the status quo.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 20:52   Link #624
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Why? Because the amount of people who play COD/Battlefield on 360 dwarfs PC. It doesn't matter that it's on PC. Yes there is a 360 version in the works but it's not by Respawn so it will most likely play worse.
Are you sure? I can't imagine more play BF on console than do on PC. CoD yeah, but not BF.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 21:15   Link #625
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-29, 22:09   Link #626
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
XBONE making an epic comeback?
oh my!
Old 2013-06-29, 22:26   Link #627
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Anyone felt very weird after watching that? Felt like they were being very vague.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 23:41   Link #628
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Anyone felt very weird after watching that? Felt like they were being very vague.
Vague? Is this some sort of double sarcasm? The first answer was a blatant jab at Microsoft.
Old 2013-06-30, 02:20   Link #629
Chaos2Frozen
:)

PSone-inspired JRPG coming to PS4, Wii U, PS Vita

Quote:
Soul Saga, a Kickstarter-funded RPG inspired by PlayStation classics like Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Suikoden, and Persona, is coming to PlayStation 4, Wii U, and PS Vita alongside its already announced PC release.

The game, which has surpassed its $60,000 funding goal, reached an $80,000 stretch goal for the console versions. And just today, it passed the $90,000 stretch goal for airships.

Fifteen days still remain for the game’s funding, with stretch goals such as airship combat, a job board, legendary weapons, and more.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 04:41   Link #630
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Sony fixed the 4.45 bug fast with 4.46 firmware.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/27/s...46-update-fix/
Old 2013-06-30, 07:51   Link #631
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I am wondering though, how can Xbox 360 weak performance power is able to play Titan Falls? As oppose to these Exclusives such as Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Falls, and The Order: 1886 are all PS4 exclusive, not PS3. It shows that these games require the best up to date system.
The 360 version of Titanfall will be handled by a different studio.
Old 2013-06-30, 08:00   Link #632
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Then are you claiming Reggie personally handles hardware/software development? I understand being in charge of Nintendo of America means he has to be given info from Japan on what kind of console he's selling, and he has to make decisions for localization and licensing, but unless he participates in making the console like Cerny is, I just don't agree that your comparison is valid.

Cerny even states that being a consultant to Sony means he's not directly responsible for managing the workers, meaning he can focus directly on the technical aspect of making game hardware and the software that runs on them. That's still quite different from Reggie who is primarily a businessman responsible for a large branch of a company. Had we been talking about say... Shu Yoshida, you might have had a valid argument.

Maybe calling Reggie just a PR guy is not giving him enough credit, but the fact remains that he is still not in the same kind of position that Cerny is.
Where did I claim that Reggie handles game/software development? Where did I compare Reggie to Mark Cerny? I didn't even mention Cerny in the post you quoted.

You're the one talking about Reggie being a PR spokesperson when he's president of Nintendo America. I've never claimed they were in the same position regardless.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-30 at 20:34. Reason: removed flamebait
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 14:59   Link #633
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Where did I claim that Reggie handles game/software development? Where did I compare Reggie to Mark Cerny? I didn't even mention Cerny in the post you quoted.

You're the one talking about Reggie being a PR spokesperson when he's president of Nintendo America. I've never claimed they were in the same position regardless.
The post I quoted was:

Quote:
The current Sony team is pretty damn good though, give a much better vibe than the sleazy suits of MS and the inept car-salesman air Reggie gives off.
You're either comparing Sony's entire team in general to one man from Nintendo, or you're comparing the man from Sony the thread has been discussing recently (Cerny) to Reggie.

In either case, it's not a valid comparison. I've already said this.

Then you quoted and responded to this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Probably because Reggie's job is PR?

I don't think it's fair to compare people responsible for the actual development of Sony consoles to Reggie who has little involvement in making Nintendo consoles.
You did not edit out the second sentence where I said I don't think it's a fair comparison, therefore I have reason to believe you were disagreeing with that part as well.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-30 at 20:35.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:24   Link #634
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Childhood friend heroine? Backed both the PS4 and Vita versions, despite me not having either. XD

Still thinking of getting the figurine, but it essentially costing 165 since I live outside the US is making me think twice...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 19:18   Link #635
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
From the look of the style of the game the VITA version is going to be the one to get, while the PS# and Wii U versions will look great this kind of rpg seems to fits better on a portable console.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 19:36   Link #636
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ

>PSone-inspired JRPG coming to PS4, Wii U, PS Vita

So it's turn-based?

...After finishing Sappheiros a couple of days ago, I had a bit of trauma at playing games with system like that. They tend to make really hard enemies with simpler battle system orz

I think I'll be getting that for vita though. Playing games like that with big screen is not really to my liking compared to playing it with handheld.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:40   Link #637
Chaos2Frozen

PlayStation Plus: Celebrating 1 Year of the Instant Game Collection

Old 2013-06-30, 20:48   Link #638
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Isn't that the list about those games that they already offered in IGC this year? Would be cool if they start giving away those again, since I just join PS+ recently.
Old 2013-06-30, 20:55   Link #639
Chaos2Frozen

Same here, just got PS+ recently- these games can help fill the void during those months with gaming drought...
Old 2013-06-30, 23:09   Link #640
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just like my shipping preference is very focused, my gaming preferences veer on only specific games and genres. Of the games offered during the IGC, I only really like to play Double Dragon, KOF 13, and NBA Jam.

Not arguing it's good value though. Maybe once I get PS4 + Vita (what are the odds they'll bundle them together?), or there's a decent game offered, I'll get PS+.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote