AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-27, 21:45   Link #581
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
Yes 2nd season confirmed

and that umbrella scene, perfect execution and emi blush was nice

but the most part, it seemed like an ova, slice of life
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 21:50   Link #582
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
Yes 2nd season confirmed

and that umbrella scene, perfect execution and emi blush was nice

but the most part, it seemed like an ova, slice of life
Where did it say there would be a second season?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 21:58   Link #583
Lantern
Unamused
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Lantern must be having Chinese New Year in his head.
Wha- I don't even...?!

Jokes aside, I really liked how they handled that scene though. No shouting or bickering, just quiet mush and mellow (dat umbrella spin )
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:03   Link #584
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Wha- I don't even...?!

Jokes aside, I really liked how they handled that scene though. No shouting or bickering, just quiet mush and mellow (dat umbrella spin )
After all the violent tsundere crap I've had to read through, its nice to see a silent, but emotional scene like this. Despite the lack of words, the meaning is clear.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-06-27 at 22:14.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:07   Link #585
ImperialE
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Where did it say there would be a second season?
Did they make an announcement on it already?
ImperialE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:27   Link #586
DeathHarte
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I actually liked the final episode. What I am talking about are other people complaining about it, I find them unfounded.
Oh yeah no I got what you were saying and I completely agree it was fun! I was just trying to figure out where the complainers may have been coming from eh?
DeathHarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:30   Link #587
DeathHarte
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Wha- I don't even...?!

Jokes aside, I really liked how they handled that scene though. No shouting or bickering, just quiet mush and mellow (dat umbrella spin )
The blush was perfect! I need to learn the language so I can appreciate the voice acting more haha, but I really liked the way it was handled too from a directing/acting perspective. There's an incredible power in silence and low volume in acting, and they seem to have it down pretty well there
DeathHarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:34   Link #588
Ghanw
(-_-)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Somewhere
Love the ending on how they concluded it for this season, now why cant other companies learn from them? But really the silence between the interaction between these two are really powerful as we compare them in how they first met on earth Emi was about to "carve" Maou's head or heart with a cheap knife and now we have Emilia blushing in front of Maou. Omg
__________________
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:39   Link #589
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
I am looking forward to the nest season which may be next summer or the one after that. I wonder who will Lailiah voice actor will be.
ReaperxKingx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:00   Link #590
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Seriously, Maou and Emi are not honest to themselves at all. They can always choose to go back to their Enta Isle, but refuse to do so, especially Maou.

It seems both of them are really attached to the Earth. Lucifer chose to stay in Japan because he found his "heaven"...but there is no excuse for Maou and Emi not to return.
__________________
noobita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:11   Link #591
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I don't think it would have been good for him to return at that point. His army had been defeated, he had lost all the lands he had conquered, and it seems even the central continent was being somewhat occupied by the Church.
If he had decided to return at that point he would have been chased by the Church, and Emilia wasn't sure to help him since, even if she had started looking at him in a better light, he still hadn't done enough to make her change her mind on him, and Emilia still had her allegiance with the Church and humanity. Not to mention she still thought he was responsible for the death of her father and the destruction of her hometown.
So, going back would have led to all forms of failure.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 02:45   Link #592
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialE View Post
Did they make an announcement on it already?
a source from myanimelist.com said so

according to the source he/she watched the credits on Japanese TV (which means he/she lives in Japan) saying see you next season
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 04:30   Link #593
Lantern
Unamused
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
I realized they had never explained the meaning behind Suzuno's "Heart Bento" from back in episode 7 during the epilogue. So here it is. All cards on the table, from the LN:

Spoilers
Spoiler for mystery bento
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 05:25   Link #594
ekulerudamuru
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
a source from myanimelist.com said so

according to the source he/she watched the credits on Japanese TV (which means he/she lives in Japan) saying see you next season

are you talking about me perhaps?? im the one who said it on MAL
ekulerudamuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 07:02   Link #595
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I don't think it would have been good for him to return at that point. His army had been defeated, he had lost all the lands he had conquered, and it seems even the central continent was being somewhat occupied by the Church.
If he had decided to return at that point he would have been chased by the Church, and Emilia wasn't sure to help him since, even if she had started looking at him in a better light, he still hadn't done enough to make her change her mind on him, and Emilia still had her allegiance with the Church and humanity. Not to mention she still thought he was responsible for the death of her father and the destruction of her hometown.
So, going back would have led to all forms of failure.
Maou is already overpowered and only Emi's better half can defeat him. So even if they gang up on him it will be pointless. It will be a one-sided annihilation. So long as Emi doesn't fight him it will be all good.
__________________
My Heart is Pocky
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 10:28   Link #596
TJP1600
寄生桃
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 桃树
Ending scene from the anime was really cute, sort of glad only a chunk of the umbrella scene was taken from the LN which left it ending on a cute and more sincere note.
__________________
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 11:48   Link #597
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekulerudamuru View Post
are you talking about me perhaps?? im the one who said it on MAL
maybe,, hehehehe
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 15:24   Link #598
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Maou is already overpowered and only Emi's better half can defeat him. So even if they gang up on him it will be pointless. It will be a one-sided annihilation. So long as Emi doesn't fight him it will be all good.
Indeed, that's why I mentioned Emilia. By the end of volume 2, Maou still doesn't seem to have gained enough of Emilia's trust, for him to go back to Ente Isla with intentions of conquest, without her getting in his way.
So, unless he disposes of Emilia on Earth, then he'll have to face her at Ente Isla, where she is too at full power - and the last time he did that, he got his ass handed to him badly.

Not to mention that the Angels seem to be in cahoots with the Church. So, if they're indeed are working together, the Angels could easily send someone like Gabriel to deal with Maou, and Maou would get handled as if he was a child.

Also, I don't think Maou still plans to conquer Ente Isla in the same way he did before. So, he probably wants to develop a new plan and assess what other options he has.
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 10:30   Link #599
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
So any news on that manga adaption yet?
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 03:36   Link #600
Lantern
Unamused
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Has anybody noticed that scamming company's boss
Spoilers
Spoiler for speculating
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.