AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-06-30, 02:13   Link #981
xip
future tekken lord

After taking a long break from this manga, I finally caught up, but man what the hell happened to claymore?
Part 1 was like Berserk with girls, and I love it. Now it's like I'm reading a completely different manga. Does Yagi still care? Is Clare still the main char? When is Teresa coming back(lol)? I think he's just dragging this thing towards the end, which is a shame.
xip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 02:50   Link #982
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
While it looks like she is dead, it would be pretty poor of yagi to fail to explain her existence properly.
Many Awakened aren't defeated just by slicing them up into pieces. Usually there's some weak point you have to hit first. Looking at the picture, Priscilla might not have completely sliced her up, since the lower half is still intact....which is how Riful 2 spawned in the first place.

So the possibility of a "I'm not quite done yet" does exist, even if Priscilla will ultimately win. Which she will.

Personally I'm more interested in seeing if they'll be able to handle Miata, and if they'll finally be able to reach Cassandra. The Priscilla versus Riful fight is kind of dull, they've basically been slugging each other....and the commentary from Rubel and Dae isn't as interesting as it could have been. All they're doing is taking up Deneve's role of explaining everything to the reader.

At this point though it's clear Priscilla outclasses everything that isn't top tier Awakened, and even then.....I'm left wondering how or if she'll be defeated by the remaining characters. Using Soul Link for Miata? Fair enough, they're desperate and we know it's dangerous to use it. But if they start using it for characters like Clare, it's just going to seem cheap. Everybody Soul Link! Right.

I'm just not sure how they'll even stand a chance without at least the strongest Claymore and Ghosts not fully Awakening and abandoning their humanity.
Old 2013-06-30, 03:27   Link #983
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
We are reminded once again that Priscilla (protected by insanely thick plot armor) will only died by Clare's hands if she's going to be killed. I just wished they didn't introduce people just to be stepping stones for great ol' invincible queen, it's becoming tiresome.
Old 2013-06-30, 04:43   Link #984
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Not sure how Priscilla is protected by plot armor, if anything, Clare's plot armor is the only thing that gives her a chance against her.

Plot armor implies she would die without plot protection, but the exact opposite is true. Priscilla realistically can't be beaten by anything in the story without a plot armor equipped character (Clare) being her opponent.
Old 2013-06-30, 05:11   Link #985
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Plot armor implies she would die without plot protection, but the exact opposite is true. Priscilla realistically can't be beaten by anything in the story without a plot armor equipped character (Clare) being her opponent.
I think he said plot armor because Yagi makes Priscilla more powerful every time she appears on screen. Now, maybe plot armor isn't the right term for this, but it feels cheap nonetheless and I think that's the point.
Old 2013-06-30, 05:33   Link #986
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
She's protected by plot armor for the sole reason that she's the bitter adversary of Clare the protagonist. No one can kill her except Clare. She was at a disadvantage and about to be destroyed by a similarly powerful opponent yet what happened to her is nothing sort of 'magical' and illogical as no fully awakened being should be able to regain their Claymore form AND at the same time become more powerful as a Claymore. Yagi completely pulled that out of his behind just to show that yup, Priscilla cannot be killed by anything comes her way, except Clare who's 1/1000th as powerful as she is..
Old 2013-06-30, 06:23   Link #987
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Priscilla cannot be killed by anything comes her way, except Clare who's 1/1000th as powerful as she is..
which if this happens would be a extreme massive case of plot induced stupidity as the only logical way clare could get the killing blow...
Old 2013-06-30, 06:25   Link #988
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

You just sprouted a lot of nonsense there. Not be able to regain their Claymore form? Awakened Beings waltz around in their human forms all the time, Priscilla herself had been doing it for years with no problem. They were, first and foremost, warriors after all.

Suddenly becoming more powerful? More like using her head for once, instead of just powering through the opponent with her regeneration (which was being used against her). Hell, it even answers the question several readers have asked about the whereabouts of the Claymore she had with her when she flew off after killing Teresa.

Priscilla thus far has just overpowered most opponents, this is the first time we have legitimately seen her get serious about any fight since Awakening. Her hiding her old Claymore in her own body was a surprise, her turning the fight around after eliminating her opponents advantage is not.

By your logic, Clare has far more plot armor then Priscilla simply because she is the protagonist and is "destined" to kill her rival despite being far weaker at basically every point of the story thus far. Hell, Clare has been saved more times by plot armor then any other character in the story.

Priscilla hasn't been saved by anything but her own ridiculous strength since awakening, it is the reason she is effectively the "final boss" as it where. In any shounuen story, you can expect the protagonist to be the only one allowed to defeat the antagonist, so I'm not sure why you are complaining about that being the case here.

Quite simply, you are misusing the term "plot armor" on a character that hasn't had a need for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think he said plot armor because Yagi makes Priscilla more powerful every time she appears on screen. Now, maybe plot armor isn't the right term for this, but it feels cheap nonetheless and I think that's the point.
It isn't the right term at all. Priscilla also hasn't become more powerful, she simply has been put into situations we actually get to see the extent of her abilities.
Until fairly recently, we haven't even seen Priscilla take any of her opponents seriously. The Destroyer and Riful's child are literally the only things that even caused her to slow down, Abyssal class opponents literally died in seconds. She even killed all 3 (Alicia, Beth, Riful) without using her awakened form at all.
Old 2013-06-30, 07:02   Link #989
Voceane

When Priscilla said
Quote:
Inside of me, there is a little bit of something foreign, that isn't me.
Something I've had since I awakened.
Something I just couldn't let go...
We all think about the claymore, but what if she doesn't speak about the Claymore but about a arm of Irene or a hand of Teresa?
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 16:00   Link #990
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
She's protected by plot armor for the sole reason that she's the bitter adversary of Clare the protagonist. No one can kill her except Clare. She was at a disadvantage and about to be destroyed by a similarly powerful opponent yet what happened to her is nothing sort of 'magical' and illogical as no fully awakened being should be able to regain their Claymore form AND at the same time become more powerful as a Claymore. Yagi completely pulled that out of his behind just to show that yup, Priscilla cannot be killed by anything comes her way, except Clare who's 1/1000th as powerful as she is..
I don't think she became more powerful, it's just that the Claymore enabled her to attacked without Riful Mk 2 absorbing her.
Old 2013-06-30, 18:17   Link #991
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
When Priscilla saidWe all think about the claymore, but what if she doesn't speak about the Claymore but about a arm of Irene or a hand of Teresa?
Why would she have either of them 2 things?

I do find Minta AW form quite dragon looking. Which is cool. Though in regards to Clarice she does seem to be crying blood by the looks of it. If Riful is to die what would this mean to the story seeing how Pricilla would just end up targeting Cassy and Minta and then the rest of the claymores?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 22:01   Link #992
Youmu'sHubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I don't think she became more powerful, it's just that the Claymore enabled her to attacked without Riful Mk 2 absorbing her.
This one

Though I'm curious about that powerup of her, since most abyssal who turned in their human form before (Riful's earlier version) doesn't have that quite an ability..

Now what if Riful goes into that claymore modification aka "claybyssal ones" as well.
Youmu'sHubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 23:45   Link #993
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Wait.

This series is still not done?
Old 2013-07-01, 03:20   Link #994
Voceane

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Why would she have either of them 2 things?

I do find Minta AW form quite dragon looking. Which is cool. Though in regards to Clarice she does seem to be crying blood by the looks of it. If Riful is to die what would this mean to the story seeing how Pricilla would just end up targeting Cassy and Minta and then the rest of the claymores?
What I want to say is that when Priscilla awakens :
Irene loose an arm.
Teresa loose her 2 hands.
So why when Priscilla awakens, one or more of those thing got stuck in her.

I really think that she talks about her claymore but what if it's an other thing.
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 05:17   Link #995
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Wait.

This series is still not done?
In theory it should be soon in a very old interview Yagi claimed he wanted the series to end at 25 volumes; but i presume based on number of chapters now earliest he can finish is at 26 volumes (we have slightly more than what would fit in 25 volumes).
Old 2013-07-01, 06:05   Link #996
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Can't help to think that Raki will save the day when Priscillia vs Clare will fight.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 06:43   Link #997
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Can't help to think that Raki will save the day when Priscillia vs Clare will fight.
Well, that was kinda foreshadowed.
Old 2013-07-01, 09:59   Link #998
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
In theory it should be soon in a very old interview Yagi claimed he wanted the series to end at 25 volumes; but i presume based on number of chapters now earliest he can finish is at 26 volumes (we have slightly more than what would fit in 25 volumes).
His ability to extend the series is pretty impressive, to say the very least.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:32   Link #999
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
His ability to extend the series is pretty impressive, to say the very least.
If he wanted too with the way he has set the story up he could quite easily extend the series to 35-40 volumes or more if he wanted, I personally lost most of my interest in the series around chapter 100 when Priscilla turned up again.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 04:09   Link #1000
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
If he wanted too with the way he has set the story up he could quite easily extend the series to 35-40 volumes or more if he wanted.
Perhaps; but that would involve the claymores traveling to the mainland, I can't see after Priscilla's defeat/all the AB's defeat there needing to be any further development on the island their on.

and even then Yagi would probably run into the same trouble that Kentaro Miura is facing (berserk's mangaka) where he will begin skipping months etc.