AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

View Poll Results: Suisei no Gargantia - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 50 40.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 32.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 15.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.82%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-30, 19:15   Link #61
SagaraSouske

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Spoiler:
IMO BOLO wouldn't have gone rogue like Striker. Even the rogue bolo that had their brain damaged were trying to help children. But chamber does act like one.

On a separate note, does the ending seem like whale squids birth over machine remnant of Striker or Chamber and seems to hint them to be possible ancestor of space hideouze?
Old 2013-06-30, 19:19   Link #62
zztop

[QUOTE=bastek66;4742920]Winners of contest

That's it?!

I thought they'd actually animate the winning characters, or at least give ALL of them a bigger close up in scene(s) so they could be drawn in more detail.
Old 2013-06-30, 19:20   Link #63
Cadallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturEngel View Post
He said: "It has lost its height". So that meens, it was much higher and they could send some spaceships with a nuclear weapon to reignite the sun just like in the "Sunshine". The polar ice melted and flooded the land completely. So they used the Gargantia like the Ark.
That was painful, but then, if you know anything about science sci-fi shows (especially popular ones) tend to be. I do wish writers would do just a touch of research on this stuff, and come up with more plausible techno-babble.

Given that I CAN ignore that stuff, this series was really good, very entertaining. I've been genuinely impressed with a lot of series this season.
Old 2013-06-30, 19:24   Link #64
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Ahh.. I hate the Amy X Ledo crap == Who will Bellows be with now? The blue haired general at the end? *Wish they flushed out his character.
She ends up in Pinion's harem.
Old 2013-06-30, 19:24   Link #65
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Ahh.. I hate the Amy X Ledo crap == Who will Bellows be with now? The blue haired general at the end? *Wish they flushed out his character.
Bellows is obviously part of the Pinion harem
Old 2013-06-30, 19:25   Link #66
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

This absolutely deserves a 2nd season. It was too rushed!

And can someone confirm that there will be some OVAs? I hope they are not "side stories" or something like that, but actual sequels...
Old 2013-06-30, 19:30   Link #67
GundamZZ
残念美人

Nothing too exciting happened. At least, they are all happy together. Few days ago, they were carpet bombing each other. A lot of people expects the writer to kill some memory person, but it doesn't happen. It's a good thing, since the pre-order number seems to be jumped.

The sci-fi element is great. They introduce man-machine interface and man mutant conflict. No explanation on how people survive on Earth. Maybe their ancestors were like Ledo. They fell from the universe.

The man-machine interface shows that each machine can change its logic. If pilots make the certain logical conclusion, the machine logic will change throughout the course. However, Ledo never curse other people. The machine would integrated the curse into its system. Maybe it is a bug. The bug is an unanticipated machine behavior. It also happens to be the machine's last message. It's くたばれブリキ野郎っ(You are going down tinplate yarou). The statement is illogical, since the word yarou is referring to a man. In Japanese show, they never use yarou to offend a woman or a thing.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-06-30, 19:34   Link #68
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Well at least it was a happy end. Was totally expecting mass depression after watching, but sweet vanilla still has it's pluses.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2013-06-30, 19:35   Link #69
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
This absolutely deserves a 2nd season. It was too rushed!

And can someone confirm that there will be some OVAs? I hope they are not "side stories" or something like that, but actual sequels...
There will be 3 OVAs. Each OVA ep comes with each Gargantia Blu-ray set.
The 1st OVA released with the August Blu-ray will be a side story(I think), no news as yet re. the final 2 OVAs.

OVA 1 will feature 15 yr old Ridget(left) and a nurse character(bottom right).
Old 2013-06-30, 19:51   Link #70
yankky5

....... I never expected hitlers V-3 to appear anime....
Old 2013-06-30, 20:04   Link #71
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Totally expected, still cried my eyeballs out.

The exchange between Pinion, and pretty much anybody, the exchange between Chamber and Striker, and the exchange between Chamber and Ledo, absolutely loved it.

Yes, a lot of unanswered questions, but I think the reason why they were left so was because in the end they weren't critical to this story. The stuff about the GA and the Hideaze were mostly necessary to flesh out Ledo's character and the environment that he grew up in in contrast to the environment that he now finds himself in. It was also used to raise questions on what exactly makes one human. As it is I'm satisfied with what we got.
Old 2013-06-30, 20:25   Link #72
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This has all the trappings of an "adventure-of-the-week" show starring Ledo, Amy, the squirrels, and a large supporting cast. There are a lot of possible side stories, too, with Pinion and his inamoratas, Ridget, Bebel, the flying girls, etc. There is also the whole mystery of the whalesquids and the open question about what's happening out in space and its relationship to what's happening on earth. I'm not thinking so much of another season but a franchise extending over multiple seasons. Urobutchi could have auteur responsibilities, but only write the occasional episode. Think Gene Roddenberry.

This would be a great thing for I.G. It would provide a nice predicable revenue stream to free them up for less conventional productions.

My single favorite moment was Lukkage yelling "Amore!" as she snatched Pinion from the air.
Old 2013-06-30, 20:30   Link #73
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Bellows is obviously part of the Pinion harem
What a sack of Bullshit. XD I wish the OVA will conclude Bellows's partner. (I vote for the blue hair general guy.)
Old 2013-06-30, 20:45   Link #74
Tenzen12

Urobuchi is still Urobutcher. He killed Chamber bastard!

But seriously, I would give both Ledo and Amy for chamber.

And then I would introduce him to Arbalest.
Old 2013-06-30, 20:57   Link #75
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Gotdamn, that was an intense last ep =03! The pacing was lightning-fast, but never managed to overcrowd the natural flow of events. Chamber ejecting Ledo was unexpected for me. They certainly did a stellar job trying to get the viewer to think that Ledo would bite the dust. My only qualm(other than Pinion having 3 women for his harem (>.>)) is how abruptly the conclusion came about w/o any cooldown/victory celebration time before the skip =02. But that's just a minor pigeon in an otherwise awesome episode =03.

Also, was it just me, or did anyone think that Amy was struck by Striker during the descent of that first Gargantia shot? I was like "SHIT, Gen strikes again ..." .

Old 2013-06-30, 21:02   Link #76
Grey

So Pinion survived because Rackage is too awesome to be denied. And the other known characters survived too. Except Chamber. What treachery is this!

And geez, these AI certainly are independent. Kicking Ledo out at the end? Even Striker called Chamber out on that one.

There are no words. Alas, Chamber.

Edit: Oh yeah, seeing the contest winners get their little cameo was fun. Urobuchi gave a good shot at the Happy Ending with this one, but he was one AI short of achieving it.
Old 2013-06-30, 21:03   Link #77
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Also, was it just me, or did anyone think that Amy was struck by Striker during the descent of that first Gargantia shot? I was like "SHIT, Gen strikes again ..." .
Amy flying around in the middle of the mech battle certainly looked like a very dangerous death flag... luckily it was not triggered

But yea, the first moment I saw that light I thought that it pierced Amy and actually I think the producers INTENDED it to look like that.
Old 2013-06-30, 21:04   Link #78
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

I don't really think there'd be much scope for further adventures, at least not in a non-contrived way. This was at heart a coming-of-age metaphor about young people questioning their values and eventually making their own way in society.

As I've said before, this show should really have been 25 or 26 episodes for all the ground it wanted to cover (and TBH I thought the same thing about Madoka), plus there were quite a few questions left unanswered (although I think it's pretty likely that Ledo and Kugel went through the wormhole gate in orbit), but it accomplished its main purpose in the end. And of course Gen succeeded in perhaps his greatest challenge yet; writing a largely happy ending. It wasn't the most original ending, but it still left our cast pleased and unharmed.

Gargantia really should've been written by just one writer (it wouldn't have to be Gen) and I wish they had fleshed out the Gargantians a little more, but in the end, the cast all at least seemed either likeable or believable (for Striker). I'd say 8/10 overall.

Now when do we get to vote for our three delivery girls in SaiMoe?
Old 2013-06-30, 21:07   Link #79
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I FINALLY got to watch this because my source was very late. Anyway, very nice finale to a rather enjoyable series. It definitely proved better than Majestic Prince or Valvrave although the characters were kind of boring. Kind of reminds me of Heroic Age to an extent. Also, my reaction to the ending because everyone (not just Anime Suki but pretty much any place this series was being discussed) was expecting this to be bad/kill 'em all/bittersweet/etc.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Predicting something just because someone with experience is on staff. It is times like this I am glad I rarely care.

Now all I have to watch while airing is Majestic Prince now that this ended and Valvrave is on hiatus.
Old 2013-06-30, 21:08   Link #80
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

In Madoka, even if a few questions were still left open, the "problem" was completely solved. But in Gargantia we now know that if the GA should survive or even win the war in 5000 years time, at some point they would receive a certain signal... and that could be fatal for earth.