AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-28, 14:26   Link #7121
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
Goddamn, I must bring forth this casus to the Russian fans. We must tear the argument of this person apart and make a hentai fanfic. Such is the way!
Ahahahah, good plan!! XD

Ah, yes, when people completely miss the point of the series... Especially considering how much they beat it into us at the finale, that Sousuke was always supposed to be gentle but was forced into being vicious. But at least it can be interpreted differently, even if the point was made rather obvious =P

Ahhn, what a cute fanart! Thanks for sharing~!!! ^^
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 14:46   Link #7122
MisterBaka
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The red hills of Russia
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterBaka
Quote:
Ah, yes, when people completely miss the point of the series... Especially considering how much they beat it into us at the finale, that Sousuke was always supposed to be gentle but was forced into being vicious.
It just pains me when some people even start despising him for it or say that Gatoh ruined FMP by making him a "sheep". I mean, what the hell! The whole drama was about how crippled Sosuke was by war. Gatoh has a great humanitarian idea about FMP. It's not just empty entertainments, that's why I love it so much.
And where else can I find such a great male protagonist, after all =D

The credit for the art goes to A-len-A, a talented young artist and a fan of Full Metal Panic. Today is her birthday so I just wanted to share her talent with people)
Here is her Chidori.
http://a-len-a.deviantart.com/art/chidori-321662956

Spoiler for Chidori:
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 14:58   Link #7123
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Whoever thought Sousuke was half-Afghan probably didn't bother to read the novels.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 16:10   Link #7124
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
It just pains me when some people even start despising him for it or say that Gatoh ruined FMP by making him a "sheep". I mean, what the hell! The whole drama was about how crippled Sosuke was by war. Gatoh has a great humanitarian idea about FMP. It's not just empty entertainments, that's why I love it so much.
And where else can I find such a great male protagonist, after all =D

The credit for the art goes to A-len-A, a talented young artist and a fan of Full Metal Panic. Today is her birthday so I just wanted to share her talent with people)
Here is her Chidori.
http://a-len-a.deviantart.com/art/chidori-321662956

Spoiler for Chidori:
Ahhh, yes~ Don't get me wrong, I love the vicious "Kashim" ...To the point where my friend Mika has made a whole fanart series for me of an "of age" Kashim, many with Kaname, lol!

Spoiler:


And then there's this link, which has some of her NSFW images that can't be on dA. Note, the image in the spoiler above is NOT one of those NSFW images, I wouldn't do that, lol, but just to clarify so it isn't mistaken before clicking ^^ (which reminds me, I need to update her site for her...)

Buuut, back on topic, I also love the Sousuke he was always supposed to be. ^^ Even the scene where Kaname got to talk to the "normal" Sousuke, with a peaceful life, he was so adorable. I love that he's got a chance to start exploring that side of him that he was always supposed to be. It's a good story of nature vs. nurture, too. Because of his life, he became one way, but he's still innately a gentle soul in spite of everything, though it was hard for him to believe it even as so many people told him so. Only Kaname could make him believe it and want to embrace it <3

Thank you for the link!!! Such cute art she has~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Whoever thought Sousuke was half-Afghan probably didn't bother to read the novels.
Oh, it gets better. I told her about the novels and she refused to believe that they were the original source, saying that the manga OBVIOUSLY was, and all her Japanese friends say so too! I had directed her to the wiki where the publication dates were and she immediately jumped into "THE WIKI ISN'T ALWAYS RIGHT" and this was AFTER saying "THE WIKI SAYS HE'S HALF AFGHAN"

*sigh* I stopped trying after that. It went on for a couple hours back and forth, I couldn't stand it anymore. Especially since she had the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader and kept saying I'd said one thing when I very clearly never had, and ignored every single valid point I'd made with dismissive statements. Really, her logic on how the fact that everyone mistook Kousuke for Sousuke was FLAWLESS. "They use that gimmick all the time, it means nothing." Oh, yes, because it's so easy to explain mistaking a Japanese guy for a supposedly Afghan guy as a plot hole "gimmick." Nevermind all the times Gatoh was very careful of how different ethnicities were perceived by different characters.

I wish I could show the conversation, but she hid all of the comments. If I'd thought about it, I would have screenshot it as it was going on. Silly me. (Although as a small disclaimer, she wasn't going on a constant caps lock rage, it's just how I imagine it in my head because all of her arguments were shallow and childish)
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 16:31   Link #7125
dasvik
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fagaras, Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik Send a message via Skype™ to dasvik
Feisty, you clearly have WAAAAAY too much time on your hands (or not enough "online arguments experience") if you keep talking to some rand out there about what nationality Sousuke is. Just tell him to go f*** himself. End of story.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 16:43   Link #7126
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasvik View Post
Feisty, you clearly have WAAAAAY too much time on your hands (or not enough "online arguments experience") if you keep talking to some rand out there about what nationality Sousuke is. Just tell him to go f*** himself. End of story.
Oh, it was just the one night and it was quite awhile ago. I wasn't even pregnant yet, let alone having a 1yr/old, so it was at least 2 years ago, lol. I DEFINITELY had time back then XD

That said, no, I really don't get into online arguments often. XD It was on a piece of fanart and in their description they mentioned how Sousuke is Afghan. I complimented the piece (it WAS nice) and gently corrected them on his ethnicity and the person interpreted it as a personal attack. I should have expected it, really, but all the FMP fans I've run into before and since have all been enthusiastic and excited to get into discussions about it and learn more about the source material. Never came across an FMP fan so vehement that all their wrong information was the gospel truth, lol
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 00:15   Link #7127
MisterBaka
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The red hills of Russia
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterBaka
Quote:
Ahhh, yes~ Don't get me wrong, I love the vicious "Kashim" ...To the point where my friend Mika has made a whole fanart series for me of an "of age" Kashim, many with Kaname, lol!
Oh, so beautiful! Thak you for the link, there's some wonderful art. There is Mao! I hope you and yor friend wouldn't mind if I advertise this site to my Russian friends^^

I totally agree with you. Kashim is wonderful. Even though here in Russia the fact of him being an Afghani mujahidin combatant is a sensitive one. But we know for a fact those guys are tough, and Sosuke is as tough as one gets. But his strength is not a conscious element ment to oppress or profit. He is simply strong because he was forced to be. He was shaped by the cold dead hands of war that took away his warmth, so to speak. And this strength can bring good if the warmth in his soul is restored. But only after he is influenced by Kaname who gives him the best of her world. And he gives her the best of his strength. And in the end they are both strong and gentle and have the right mind.
I shouldn't start one of my long posts about them now. Let's simply say I admire my favorite couple that way :3

Quote:
It was on a piece of fanart and in their description they mentioned how Sousuke is Afghan. I complimented the piece (it WAS nice) and gently corrected them on his ethnicity and the person interpreted it as a personal attack.
Spoiler for .:

Some people are simply inadequate.


P.S.I can't completely agree that Gatoh has portrayed all nations accurately. There's some pretty tricky mistakes and ambiguities he has about Russians, for example. But those are to be expected, actually. It's more of a social part than ethnical.
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 01:01   Link #7128
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
Oh, so beautiful! Thak you for the link, there's some wonderful art. There is Mao! I hope you and yor friend wouldn't mind if I advertise this site to my Russian friends^^
Go right ahead! I know she'd love some more exposure ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
I totally agree with you. Kashim is wonderful. Even though here in Russia the fact of him being an Afghani mujahidin combatant is a sensitive one. But we know for a fact those guys are tough, and Sosuke is as tough as one gets. But his strength is not a conscious element ment to oppress or profit. He is simply strong because he was forced to be. He was shaped by the cold dead hands of war that took away his warmth, so to speak. And this strength can bring good if the warmth in his soul is restored. But only after he is influenced by Kaname who gives him the best of her world. And he gives her the best of his strength. And in the end they are both strong and gentle and have the right mind.
I shouldn't start one of my long posts about them now. Let's simply say I admire my favorite couple that way :3
This is a wonderful way of describing it ^^ <3~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
P.S.I can't completely agree that Gatoh has portrayed all nations accurately. There's some pretty tricky mistakes and ambiguities he has about Russians, for example. But those are to be expected, actually. It's more of a social part than ethnical.
Oh, I wouldn't say his portrayal of the different ethnic groups is accurate, just that he's careful about how they interact with one another. I probably worded it wrong before, though, I'm running on next to no sleep. Insomnia + having a toddler = Hell, lol!

But, like with how Bel wants to kick Lemon's ass for assuming he LIKES having a French name, it's little things like that. Since there's so many characters from so many different countries and walks of life, some of their interactions were a bit different based simply on prejudices than on personality alone. If Sousuke had been Middle Eastern, you can bet he would have been treated a lot different by many characters. Hell, considering Kurz lost his family to Lebanese terrorists, they may never have even become friends in the first place, due to prejudices.
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 01:15   Link #7129
MisterBaka
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The red hills of Russia
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterBaka
Quote:
But, like with how Bel wants to kick Lemon's ass for assuming he LIKES having a French name, it's little things like that. Since there's so many characters from so many different countries and walks of life, some of their interactions were a bit different based simply on prejudices than on personality alone. If Sousuke had been Middle Eastern, you can bet he would have been treated a lot different by many characters. Hell, considering Kurz lost his family to Lebanese terrorists, they may never have even become friends in the first place, due to prejudices.
I agree. FMP is very interesting in no small part thanks to the international cast of characters, so to speak. And the portrayal is not offensive, even in cases of the bad guys.
The most outstanding thing I can name when it comes to the Russian part of this gallery is THE ULTRA DAMAGE GLAXY DESTROYING BORSCHT!!! It's just the greatest joke ever =)
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 01:19   Link #7130
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Assuming that the fan translations do not start coming in August, I am going to obtain the Korean official translation of Another.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 17:40   Link #7131
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Assuming that the fan translations do not start coming in August, I am going to obtain the Korean official translation of Another.
We want FMP the Original and not another filler to fill up an unfinished masterpiece....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 17:49   Link #7132
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
We want FMP the Original and not another filler to fill up an unfinished masterpiece....
What the hell are you talking about?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 23:44   Link #7133
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Assuming that the fan translations do not start coming in August, I am going to obtain the Korean official translation of Another.
Ooh, good stuff~ ^^ I still have to muddle my way through reading them, I just don't have the time or concentration to read in English anymore, nevermind Japanese...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
We want FMP the Original and not another filler to fill up an unfinished masterpiece....
She's referring to the novels, we aren't talking about the pending announcement to come next month. All the FMP!A novels are still untranslated so far. I don't think any of us want an FMP!A anime without the original series getting finished first. But we do still wanna be able to fully read the books.

(if I understood your comment right, anyways)

------------------

On a separate note, just because we were talking about it, and I was looking for inspiration, I made a little gifset using quotes from the novels that show Sousuke is Japanese XD I know you guys all know, but I figured I'd share anyways, since it's sort of on topic, lol

The image is a link to the full post, there's 3 images total, this one still, the other two animated ^^ Nothing special, lol, but I like to think it gets the point across, rofl



I still have plenty of time to do low-key things I can easily walk away from... I waste my time so wonderfully... So no one thinks it, just gonna say, no I obviously don't think making the gifset would change anything even if the person in question came across it. I did it more to have a little laugh. It was fun to make, regardless. ^^
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 09:25   Link #7134
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
I hope that person comes across this board and realize how dumb he is.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:25   Link #7135
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
I came to a realization today. According to Ueda's twitter, he's currently at the part where Sousuke is curled up in the cockpit of the ARX-8. If he's only drawing that scene now, there's gotta be at least 2 chapters left to serialize, I would assume, before they can print the 19th volume of Sigma.

That means the anniversary announcement will have nothing to do with the Sigma finale, which I think raises the chance for good news for us. Hope.... rising...
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:31   Link #7136
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
I need anime!!!!! Not manga!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 23:39   Link #7137
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
I just checked the Fujimi Shobo site and the release date for the next issue of Dragon Magazine is confirmed 7/20, as anticipated. I'm rather disappointed to find Highschool DxD on the cover when we're supposed to get the 15th anniversary announcement for FMP in it, though... *pout*
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 00:57   Link #7138
MisterBaka
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The red hills of Russia
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterBaka
Highschool DxD. For crying out loud... Boobs are evil!
Well, it just shows that FMP is not the mainstream cash-making "tits+moe+idiot protagonist" formula. Not that big, huh?
I am depressed.
MisterBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 01:03   Link #7139
SkoolRumble4Ya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
I just checked the Fujimi Shobo site and the release date for the next issue of Dragon Magazine is confirmed 7/20, as anticipated. I'm rather disappointed to find Highschool DxD on the cover when we're supposed to get the 15th anniversary announcement for FMP in it, though... *pout*
I think it's meant to be a suprise that's why FMP is not on the cover. Of course I'm just hoping.

Oh well three more weeks to be very happy or very depress.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 01:09   Link #7140
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
Highschool DxD. For crying out loud... Boobs are evil!
Well, it just shows that FMP is not the mainstream cash-making "tits+moe+idiot protagonist" formula. Not that big, huh?
I am depressed.
Honestly... I'm just so very BORED of fanservice. I didn't mind it all that much several years ago, it amused me more than anything, but it's been so blown out of proportion, overdone, and it's just... Ugh. The characters aren't even attractive anymore. There is nothing sexy about abnormally over-sized boobs that no bra exists to fit. Well, I suppose, to each their own, but it used to be more of a side fetish that's overcome the whole genre, and I just... geh. No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
I think it's meant to be a suprise that's why FMP is not on the cover. Of course I'm just hoping.

Oh well three more weeks to be very happy or very depress.
Mm, true. I was thinking "But normally they have it plastered all over when there's a new anime!" but then I realized that's AFTER the announcement has already been made and they're on to advertising. Still hopeful~
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light novels, mecha, military, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.