AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-09, 21:24   Link #601
Reek of Blood
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I know a manga that has has an "end couple" but they only meet in the last arc, the previous arcs are about the love interests both members of the couple had before they met.I found it to be an interesting approach.
Erm, no. I tend to dislike such approach. With the MC goes with a girl, breaks up with her, goes with other girl, and breaks up again, over and over again to the point of being shitty and tedious.

Spoiler for The perfect examples would be:
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 04:44   Link #602
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
loli tsundere characters, CV: KugyuRie "~URUSAI-URUSAI-URASAI!!!~ 100X"
__________________
TRANSFORMERS
MACHINE ROBO
DIAROBO
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 14:19   Link #603
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
I usually dislike watching anime scenes where the main characters who grows closely so much to the point of almost falling in love get separated because of their own fight that were tied into the main conflicts of the story, which led one of them to be overly upset towards the other until they finally resolve their own issues in the end. The good examples I'm demonstrating about are Dragon Crisis! (which the trope is used often), the first major arc of Deadman Wonderland manga and recently Gargantia of the Verdurous Planet.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 14:50   Link #604
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I usually dislike watching anime scenes where the main characters who grows closely so much to the point of almost falling in love get separated because of their own fight that were tied into the main conflicts of the story, which led one of them to be overly upset towards the other until they finally resolve their own issues in the end. The good examples I'm demonstrating about are Dragon Crisis! (which the trope is used often), the first major arc of Deadman Wonderland manga and recently Gargantia of the Verdurous Planet.
I have to agree with this so much.
__________________
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 09:25   Link #605
MisaoFan
Prefectural Magical Girl
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I have to agree with this so much.
Yeah, I still dislike this trope even today, though I only keep watching these scenes just to find the couple resolving their issue in the end. It's slightly less intolerable when it happens in the beginning of a series, but if it happens so much or in the final few episodes? Nope.
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/O5yUSnx.png border=0 alt= />I will protect you from the darkness and I change my destiny.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 20:54   Link #606
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Moaning instead of shouting and pouching the assaulter when breast is being grope in ecchi anime.
It makes our girls look like sluts....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 21:02   Link #607
hyl
smile
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
It makes our girls look like sluts....
Really now? Is that seriously what you think that it makes someone look a slut?

Also why bother using a quotation if nobody in the entire thread has made that remark?
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 21:06   Link #608
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Really now? Is that seriously what you think that it makes someone look a slut?

Also why bother using a quotation if nobody in the entire thread has made that remark?
Because.... I hate it... it's a thread to say what you hate right and not other's?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 21:31   Link #609
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Hyper Aware Cahracters

These characters can numbers the hair on your head, they knew what the villains plan was the whole time and they tell who a person better than they know themselves. It actually frightens me.
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 02:59   Link #610
hyl
smile
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Because.... I hate it... it's a thread to say what you hate right and not other's?
I have no problem that you don't like that cliche, but the immediate reaction to call them sluts is really uncalled for
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 03:00   Link #611
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I have no problem that you don't like that cliche, but the immediate reaction to call them sluts is really uncalled for
LIKE.......sluts
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 03:17   Link #612
hyl
smile
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
LIKE.......sluts
Like sluts is still the denigrating part if you still can't read between the lines. That's like me saying that i hate every gruff looking man in his 40's or 50's in animes just because they look like hobo's
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 03:25   Link #613
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Like sluts is still the denigrating part if you still can't read between the lines. That's like me saying that i hate every gruff looking man in his 40's or 50's in animes just because they look like hobo's
Ok.. then give a proper way to say it then??? A more anime girl friendly statement....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 03:29   Link #614
hyl
smile
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
You can easily do it without the 2nd insulting part (just like your comment in that other thread for calling people looking or acting "like sluts")
IMO the socalled quote (which still by the way quoted nobody in this thread or in fact quoted anyone) was pretty sufficient or call it something like unrealistic (eventhough you don't really know how people in real life react to that)
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 03:38   Link #615
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
You can easily do it without the 2nd insulting part (just like your comment in that other thread for calling people looking or acting "like sluts")
IMO the socalled quote (which still by the way quoted nobody in this thread or in fact quoted anyone) was pretty sufficient or call it something like unrealistic (eventhough you don't really know how people in real life react to that)
Just give me an example of the revised statement, please. Anyway, IMHO maybe, it might sound insulting.... if one IS a fanatic of a anime character or if I'm pertaining to a human....

Would you make the same reaction if I say the same thing to Patrick or SpongeBob, like hey, people would be offended if you call SpongeBob a sl*t....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 04:34   Link #616
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
This has gotten off-topic.

Let me just say: calling anyone a "slut" is an inappropriate slur that is not appropriate language for this forum. That goes for other slang like "c*nt" and so on. Those sorts of words are common on other parts of the Internet, but please wash your mouth with soap before talking here.

And now back to your regularly-scheduled topic...
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 00:17   Link #617
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Most angsting girl wins.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 11:41   Link #618
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Hyper Aware Characters

These characters can numbers the hair on your head, they knew what the villains plan was the whole time and they tell who a person better than they know themselves. It actually frightens me.
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 17:49   Link #619
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Hyper Aware Characters

These characters can numbers the hair on your head, they knew what the villains plan was the whole time and they tell who a person better than they know themselves. It actually frightens me.
Like L11 from Valvrave? xD
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 18:23   Link #620
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Hyper Aware Characters

These characters can numbers the hair on your head, they knew what the villains plan was the whole time and they tell who a person better than they know themselves. It actually frightens me.
In some cases I'm not bothered by this, like in the case of Lelouch, L-Elf, or Light.

It's the little things that count: "LOOK INTO YOUR OPPONENT'S EYES, YOU CAN SEE HIS NEXT MOVE IN THEM!"

That kind of stuff just annoys me. It gets even worse when there are legitimate reasons that characters know the next move that will be made and then brag about it. "I know your next move so... don't even bother trying!" If you know what he's going to do, stop telling him you know what he'll do and kill him. That's what you're there to do, after all.
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
disscusion, manga cliche good bad

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.