AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 19:40   Link #81
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Yeah I guess, he might just stick to his lie.
It might even turn out to be his great new world debut (similar to the Mr 4 fight). Though that nearly did him in.... so I don't know if he really goes that far so soon
I do hope he gets a little statue that goes next to Norland one. Too bad Norland has died as I would love to see how Usopp and him would be if they both met. It could be comedy gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I wonder if Green Bull will be first admiral without a devil fruit ability. The fact that he's called Bull suggests that he's a big man, probably with a lot of muscles, who likes to get into people's faces during battle. To further support this concept, Oda might chose to make him a Rokushiki and armament Haki master. With sufficient power in those areas and just his general physical prowess alone, he may be able to keep up with the other admirals even without a devil fruit.
Well Gerp has been offered the posistion of Admiral before and he out right said no to it. And we all know how strong he is. Plus he does have Haki. Even if he has aged he is strong never the less. Soo Green Bull could be someone that Gerp knows and recommend him to the marines after they offered him the place again. TBH I would have liked if Green Bull is women. What if it was really the old granma that has been shown in the side storys :O that would be one hell of a twist.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 23:55   Link #82
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
After reading this chapter, here's just a couple of thoughts, mostly concerning Fujitora and Dofla:

- It sounds like Fujitora was a powerful man who simply got pulled into the marines, courtesy of conscription. It also sounds like he just recently acquired his DF ability, based on him saying he was testing it out. My personal theory is that in order to really become an admiral or above, you need some sort of DF ability... however, until we know what Green Bull can do, that's just a theory

-it's all but confirmed that Dofla has some sort of string power... I believe I first suspected it back at Jaya. The only question, much like Fujitora, is what's the extent of the ability

Other comments: I just have a terrible feeling that Sanji is going to end up heartbroken at the end of this arc... outside of Ace, usually just nameless mooks are killed off on screen in battle, but I suspect that Violet may become a named character that also dies (I just get this tragic vibe with her and Sanji's relationship). And the toy factory... well, we knew it as going to be a major part of this arc, but looks like destroying it is going to take more than originally thought. And with Usopp's lies slowly becoming real... well, he has to still get stronger before he becomes quite worthy of any form of Haki, IMO (despite coby getting Haki and still not being able to face against Luffy, though I understand that post-timeskip, Coby's levelled up quite a bit himself)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 00:25   Link #83
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Well seeing how Norland was able to help them out and has been known to lie. I don't see why Usopp wouldn't do then same.
Norland and Usopp are basically each others opposite.
Norland never lied, but the people didn't believe his stories. Usopp on the other hand is mostly lieing but (most) people believe him anyways.

Maybe Usopp has the most fearsome power in the whole story: Every story he tells is going to become true sooner or later.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 00:49   Link #84
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I wonder if Green Bull will be first admiral without a devil fruit ability. The fact that he's called Bull suggests that he's a big man, probably with a lot of muscles, who likes to get into people's faces during battle. To further support this concept, Oda might chose to make him a Rokushiki and armament Haki master. With sufficient power in those areas and just his general physical prowess alone, he may be able to keep up with the other admirals even without a devil fruit.

On the other hand, Vergo was supposed to be very adept in armament Haki, and look where it got him. In addition, having an admiral without a df would be a combo breaker, though certainly not a bad one in my opinion. But first we have to see if my initial suspection of him being a big bulky guy is right in the first place.
Green Bull to be a rare Zoan, Calling it now.
Old 2013-07-06, 00:52   Link #85
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
My personal theory is that in order to really become an admiral or above, you need some sort of DF ability...
Garp already prove the wrong.
Old 2013-07-06, 02:03   Link #86
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I recall that Zephyr from Movie Z didn't have any DF power as well
Old 2013-07-06, 08:49   Link #87
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
I recall that Zephyr from Movie Z didn't have any DF power as well
But he's not canon, so he doesn't count. ^^
Old 2013-07-06, 10:51   Link #88
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Garp already prove the wrong.
Not true- he was only a VA. Let me put my theory another way- once you get promoted to Admiral level, they (the world government, Marines, whoevers in charge) has you go and gain a DF ability.

And Z... I hate to play this card, but yes, he's not fully canon

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 15:06   Link #89
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Z is semi-canon. The events in the movie aren't canon but his backstory is (the last unknown shichibukai is the one that took his arm, after all).

As far as DFs and admirals go, I can see why one would make the inference/connection to both going hand-in-hand, but there's really no solid evidence of that yet. It's been entirely coincidental is all. Most of the strongest fighters in this series have DFs as well.
Old 2013-07-06, 18:08   Link #90
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Not true- he was only a VA.

But also remember that he was offered the admiral position several times (which he declined), so Xellos isn't exactly wrong about Garp's case.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 01:31   Link #91
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But also remember that he was offered the admiral position several times (which he declined), so Xellos isn't exactly wrong about Garp's case.
Not really. The question is: What would have happened, if he accepted?
Maybe they wouldn't promote him, if he weren't willing to use a DF. It could even be part of Garps reasoning to decline the offer, since he doesn't want a fruit.

If the assumptions about Fujitora and the sword are correct, maybe Garp would have gotten the Sword instead.
This could also be a new policy of the Marines: Don't give the DF to the admiral personally, because he could leave (Aokiji), but instead give them a weapon with DF-power, which you can claim back.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 09:49   Link #92
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
If the assumptions about Fujitora and the sword are correct, maybe Garp would have gotten the Sword instead.
This could also be a new policy of the Marines: Don't give the DF to the admiral personally, because he could leave (Aokiji), but instead give them a weapon with DF-power, which you can claim back.
I was thinking that would be a very smart move on their part, as well, but it would probably limit the DF's that can be used or their full power...
randomlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 18:49   Link #93
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Not really. The question is: What would have happened, if he accepted?
Maybe they wouldn't promote him, if he weren't willing to use a DF. It could even be part of Garps reasoning to decline the offer, since he doesn't want a fruit.

I dunno.... that sounds needlessly complicated to me. And frankly, I don't think it's really necessary for an admiral to have a DF ability as long as he has sufficient combat skills to back up his reputation. It's not like Garp even needs a fruit, anyway. He can use CoA haki and has insane physical strength (remember when he tossed that battleship-sized cannonball at the Sunny like it was nothing at W7?), so he's more than a force to be reckoned with. My take on it is that he simply declined the position because he was satisfied with his current accommodations as a vice-admiral. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 2013-07-07, 19:45   Link #94
Kintoun

This was really an awesome chapter. We got plenty of developments and I found them to each be both enjoyable and interesting. It's exciting how everyone, due to their own circumstances, are covnerging twards Dresrossa's Flower Field. Makes one only imagine the whole bout of craziness that will be unleashed when everything gets going.

Needless to say Law, Doaflamingo, and Fujitora's three-way-battle got an outstanding start as well, with the display of Fujitora's still-mysterious-yet-awesome ability in action. Anyone got any idea on the nature of his ability? I think I read someone suggesting a gravity-based fruit, but it seems to overlap too much with Blackbeard's in my opinion.
Kintoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:59   Link #95
marvelB

Huh, wasn't expecting this, but we got some EXTREMELY early spoilers this week. So, enjoy, guys!
Old 2013-07-09, 00:13   Link #96
golgo13

Is it just me or was Usopps nose stitched to the ground?!? So funny..
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote