AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 18:18   Link #1841
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The chart doesn't list revisions so no psone, no ps2 slim, no wii mini and no genesis ii (I had one of those actually. Still works)
You still have the Genesis 2, nice make you sure you keep it. In 10 more years, it is probably worth a lot of money.

You know I been thinking. Shouldn't the PS4 and Xbox 1 threads combine into one. It is becoming impossible to be discussing the Xbox 1 without discussing the PS4.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 01:05   Link #1842
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe Canada is just a really strange place
I find that to be a bit harsh due to the fact that I'M Canadian!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I have to agree with your statement, my MSI gaming laptop cost me 2000 dollars while the PS4 cost 400 dollars and Xbone 500. So while others may think the PS4 and Xbone is expensive, I think it is cheap.
I can relate to this since my new computer was close to $1800 while my PS4 pre order was $400. I suppose it depends on the willingness of the consumer willing to spend on something that's considered to be "pricey" by moral or financial standards.
Old 2013-07-06, 16:54   Link #1843
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Neo Geo was advanced for its time. More capable hardware than SNES and Genesis in the days they were king. But the cartridges were big. Not just literally (they were close to the size of VHS tapes), but they had a lot of memory relative to that time, and so, some games could cost $200 or $250(!). I think it only did well in Japan (only doing decently there). Neo Geo CD was released at some point and also didn't do well outside of Japan. Had 1x speed CD ROM drive, which was really slow for games.

3DO was like Sega Saturn and Playstation, only it released a couple or few years before them and retailed for like $699 or $799, which was especially a lot for 1992 or 1993. Panasonic was behind the 3DO.
Old 2013-07-08, 22:16   Link #1844
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Will XBox One release in Japan? Hmm...

Quote:
Microsoft may have to tweak the Xbox One's western focus before launching it in Japan, Microsoft Japan CEO Yasuyuki Higuchi told 4Gamer, translated by Edge. Consumers in Japan may not see a console as the hub of a living room, as many western consumers do, plus, Japanese players are turning to tablets and smartphones for gaming, Higuchi said.

Higuchi said Xbox One "is geared toward a western lifestyle, and we're looking at whether or not to launch it 'as is' in Japan. We're still figuring out how to deal with things like music and video services in each country. To be honest, [releasing it in Japan] as is would be difficult."

Xbox One can stream live sporting events such as basketball and football games, a US-centric feature that Microsoft will have to tailor for Japanese audiences, head of the Microsoft Japan Consumer and Partner Group Haruaki Kayama said.

"We have to prepare content that is relevant to Japan," Kayama said. "'What is the best, what will today's consumers in Japan respond to? What content is in demand?' We're considering these questions now. There's no point in a solution that does not match the market. Even if we bring NFL [on board for Japan], haha ... Japan is difficult. I'm almost tempted to ask for ideas."
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/08/mi...-be-difficult/
Old 2013-07-08, 22:32   Link #1845
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
What content is in demand?
What happens to, you know, games?
Old 2013-07-08, 22:53   Link #1846
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Well, Japan doesn't like the price of the Xbone either.

Although they did remind me that the PS4 is still at $399. The Xbone's price create a illusion that it appears cheaper, but it's still quite a hefty price to spend.

The best part is, as usual, belong to the comment section. There are guys who think Xbone price is at the right place.
Japanese gamers are not getting the Xbone at launch anyways so I'm not sure what the point of asking them the price is. In any case, the difference between $499 and $399 is enormous. The former means that the Xbone will only be looked at hardcore early-adopting gamers.

Quote:
I know, it's just that people keep going on about how PS4 is really cheap, but in reality it's because of the Xbone that people are thinking the PS4 is cheap. It's an alright price for the launch release.
At $399, the PS4 is only $100 more than most PS3 packages, so there will be a lot more interest from regular gamers. All things considered, it really is quite inexpensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Will XBox One release in Japan? Hmm...

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/08/mi...-be-difficult/
Microsoft will have to release something in Japan as doing otherwise will throw away all the Japanese developers. However, they're going to sell extremely poorly. I don't know if the Xbone can even do 1/3rd of the 360's numbers in the land of the Rising Sun. For those keeping score at home, the 360 is sitting at 1.6 million units.

Quote:
What happens to, you know, games?
Microsoft doesn't have any games at launch to appeal to the Japanese market, and probably nothing sooner than their Osaka studio's release either late-2014 or 2015. Yes, that's how awful their situation is there.
Old 2013-07-08, 23:35   Link #1847
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Japanese gamers are not getting the Xbone at launch anyways so I'm not sure what the point of asking them the price is. In any case, the difference between $499 and $399 is enormous. The former means that the Xbone will only be looked at hardcore early-adopting gamers.
Even with the 180, are they still only launching in 21 countries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Microsoft doesn't have any games at launch to appeal to the Japanese market, and probably nothing sooner than their Osaka studio's release either late-2014 or 2015. Yes, that's how awful their situation is there.
Japanese gamers don't play their AAA games?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 23:46   Link #1848
4Tran

Quote:
Even with the 180, are they still only launching in 21 countries?
That's right. Microsoft doesn't have enough supply to compete anywhere outside of those territories. Meanwhile, Sony is releasing in odd places like India and Dubai.

Quote:
Japanese gamers don't play their AAA games?
There are a few who do. I believe that most of them bought the 360, but they're mostly going to switch to PS4 this time around. The Last of Us is also really popular.

Microsoft lost about a million sales just because they couldn't release in Japan this year. That, and because their product is so horribly unsuited for the Japanese market.
Old 2013-07-09, 00:17   Link #1849
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Old 2013-07-09, 00:34   Link #1850
4Tran

Quote:
<SNIP>Rumor<SNIP>
NO. This can be dismissed for several reasons. The most obvious being that there's no way the Xbone can make use of 12GB DDR3 RAM without changing the PCB they're using. It can be 4GB or 8GB, but 12 doesn't work, and doesn't make any sense. Also, if Microsoft's making changes at this date, we'd be looking at a release date of Q1 2014.

Oh, and the idea that the Xbone is going to see a clock increase is laughable given their yield issues. It would be a good way of gifting Sony a monstrous lead though.
Old 2013-07-09, 01:05   Link #1851
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Here's some sarcasm

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Xbone now selling more than PS4

YouTube
Old 2013-07-09, 21:59   Link #1852
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

I am okay with this- Give me back my flaming trainwreck !!

Old 2013-07-09, 22:08   Link #1853
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Here's some sarcasm

YouTube

Xbone now selling more than PS4

YouTube
Isn't that because gamespot have recently stop the preordering? http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles...cross=B020384M
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 02:51   Link #1854
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Amazon still has the standard edition of PS4, alot want the day 1 edition possible collectors or hardcore gamers in general.
Old 2013-07-10, 08:13   Link #1855
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Amazon still has the standard edition of PS4, alot want the day 1 edition possible collectors or hardcore gamers in general.
Or flippers. I know I got a day 1 reserved and, if I don't cancel it, am very tempted to flip it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 09:30   Link #1856
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
What is a flipper?
Old 2013-07-10, 09:32   Link #1857
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
What is a flipper?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipping
Buying something and then sell it for more than you paid it for. Only possible because of limited supply.
Old 2013-07-10, 16:12   Link #1858
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
This just keeps getting better: New real-money Xbox dash raises game prices

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 17:18   Link #1859
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Apparently it was an error.
Old 2013-07-11, 08:09   Link #1860
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Microsoft pitches Xbox One to small businesses

Quote:
In an open letter to the small business community (via Neowin), Microsoft's director of Consumer Camp Marques Lyons said Skype, SkyDrive and other applications available on the console could be of benefit to offices that use video conferencing and networking.

"What is being positioned as an excellent entertainment device can be just as enticing for you and your small business," he wrote.

"In fact, it's entirely justifiable to make the Xbox One a business expense. The Xbox One, priced at $499 [429], is an affordable option for small business owners, as there are many features built into the console that could help it rival even the most modest of video conferencing and networking platforms."

Lyons pointed to Skype on Xbox One, which comes with the new Kinect sensor, as of particular interest to small businesses.

"Utilise Skype, and the power of group chatting, to have that collaborative exchange with clients and co-workers, no matter where in the world they happen to be," Lyons said.

"Utilize the size of that nice TV screen to see every smile and nod as your next great plan comes together. The Xbox One with Kinect, as a Skype provider, is just as capable as a PC with an attached/included microphone and webcam. The difference here is that Xbox One and Kinect gives you the open space to move, gesture, show examples, and see everyone more clearly."

Lyons also mentioned Microsoft's cloud-based document storing platform SkyDrive, which on Xbox One works with Kinect-enabled voice and hand gestures.

"With SkyDrive via Internet Explorer, you can use it with the Office Web Apps to open that Excel spreadsheet or PowerPoint," he said. "Use the Kinect voice and hand gestures to navigate to websites. Now you're free of clickers and light pens to use your hands to for more expressive gestures."