AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-10, 12:48   Link #841
Soverence
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Where the Sky Touches the Sea
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Is it's volumes selling like hotcakes or something? Otherwise it baffles me why Comic Alive keeps it on it's hiatus roster. While others have come and gone in the mag that I thought were a decent manga...

Did notice the artist closed down their twitter account. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...
I had heard rumors that the author/illustrator was dealing with some serious disease like cancer, not sure how much actual merit their is to those rumors but I hope that the closing of the account doesn't mean that the artist is in such bad shape that they can't continue. If it does mean that I hope that they can get better .
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 20:44   Link #842
l o o p
Athenafag
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Argentina
They updated the website a couple weeks ago so if someone could translate it...

http://usachu.seesaa.net/
l o o p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 20:56   Link #843
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by l o o p View Post
They updated the website a couple weeks ago so if someone could translate it...

http://usachu.seesaa.net/
Not 100% sure, but here goes...

- Closing tweeter is for the sake of focusing more on recovery.
- Current condition is "a little bad" & "steadily, slowly getting better".
- Been growing a little impatient due to not working on the series for so long, and thus it's pretty anxious about coming back.
- While the desire to come back is there, current condition is still a little bit too weak for that.
- After serialization resumes, might open up a tweeter account again.

That's the gist of it, + a big thank you to the support gained in tweeter & a little bit of a notice about catching the eye of overseas communities (and Tanaka seems to be bad at Eigo )
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 21:08   Link #844
zp92
へへへ
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Oh man, I thought the manga had returned

Thanks Okashira

Last edited by zp92; 2013-07-10 at 21:10. Reason: Already translated
zp92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 03:19   Link #845
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Not 100% sure, but here goes...

- Closing tweeter is for the sake of focusing more on recovery.
- Current condition is "a little bad" & "steadily, slowly getting better".
- Been growing a little impatient due to not working on the series for so long, and thus it's pretty anxious about coming back.
- While the desire to come back is there, current condition is still a little bit too weak for that.
- After serialization resumes, might open up a tweeter account again.

That's the gist of it, + a big thank you to the support gained in tweeter & a little bit of a notice about catching the eye of overseas communities (and Tanaka seems to be bad at Eigo )
She made a point to reassure that this development isn't because her condition suddenly got worse, but is wavering with some days good and some bad. They're definitely still thinking about resuming the series, but as the artist she doesn't have the energy to do so. She has no idea how long it might take. When she has the energy to make sketches she'll throw it on the writer's account (now I kind of regret not saving the old ones).

I don't think it's something life-threatening like cancer, but I recall seeing "anemia" on her Twitter before.

Bah, she removed her Pixiv account too.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 23:54   Link #846
majestix1988
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
update:

hiatus end: October issue where serialized will have new chapter


^ check on that website
__________________
majestix1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 23:55   Link #847
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
still on comic alive?
__________________
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 00:11   Link #848
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by majestix1988 View Post
update:

hiatus end: October issue where serialized will have new chapter


^ check on that website
Is it? If yes, it is really a good news. Can't wait to see more yandere Koyuki~
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 00:13   Link #849
cloud04
Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Is it? If yes, it is really a good news. Can't wait to see more yandere Koyuki~
yap its coming out next month..just took a look at the site..its gonna be in colored
__________________
cloud04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 00:21   Link #850
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
still on comic alive?


The source States that it will be on comic alive, released on October 26. I would soo like to get a drama cd or a short story or something as a bonus in the next tankoubon. Something to re-hype the series after such a long time.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 00:22   Link #851
ices
Monadically Happy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monadic Container
Finnaly.... after waiting for one year...
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 02:23   Link #852
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
*cheers*

That a great news.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 02:27   Link #853
ReinZwei
南宮 那月
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: こころ
Age: 23
At last,

I'm fully loaded from series of Comic-Alive, currently they have a really nice lineup of titles.
__________________
Vocaloid Thread
______________________
Signature/Art Made By:
Suzuki-Goro

Character:
Original Art
______________________
Manga/LN Sites:
Baka-Tsuki
Mangaupdates
______________________
ReinZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 06:05   Link #854
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Cool, looking forward to its comeback.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 06:14   Link #855
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
That said... The long break seems to have affected the art. The return image doesn't remind me of the manga art at all.
__________________
Myssa Rei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 06:20   Link #856
noobita
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
That said... The long break seems to have affected the art. The return image doesn't remind me of the manga art at all.
It did reminded me of the manga art...In fact, I felt nostalgia when I saw that.
__________________
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 08:10   Link #857
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
should celebrate this day.... This comic still alive!! Awesome
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 11:29   Link #858
Flying Dagger
大巧不工
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
oh wow... I have been literally waiting years for this.

//Edit:
I hope this will not be just a HOTD 1 chapter thing. Also certainly hope the author wouldn't just try to end the series asap.
Its rare to find a story these days without harem/shonenesque arcs/something too drama heavy.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 12:11   Link #859
Tranhieu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
oh wow... I have been literally waiting years for this.

//Edit:
I hope this will not be just a HOTD 1 chapter thing. Also certainly hope the author wouldn't just try to end the series asap.
Its rare to find a story these days without harem/shonenesque arcs/something too drama heavy.
There's no point resuming a series that has been on hiatus for a year just for the sake of ending it in the near future... hopefully...

It's been one whole year. Time to reread the whole series again.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 13:21   Link #860
LostSome
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Yes !
This series has a special place in my heart.
__________________
Nyohohohoho ! It`s the law of the universe that only wizards die as virgins.
You can`t let yourself die as a virgin, right ?
-Old geezer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.