AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 00:29   Link #4121
iMACobra

Why do we have to wait almost 2 months for the last 3 episodes? Someone thought that they made the delay to take note of fans' reactions to the LN ending in order to make the most fitting ending for Anime viewers. I know this isn't likely given the amount of time but would it be possible? Also, if there was a source saying that they would "adapt" the LNs all the way to the last volume, wouldn't adapt mean to change (like the ending)?
iMACobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 00:41   Link #4122
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMACobra View Post
Why do we have to wait almost 2 months for the last 3 episodes? Someone thought that they made the delay to take note of fans' reactions to the LN ending in order to make the most fitting ending for Anime viewers. I know this isn't likely given the amount of time but would it be possible? Also, if there was a source saying that they would "adapt" the LNs all the way to the last volume, wouldn't adapt mean to change (like the ending)?
Because TV timeslots come in ~13 episode blocks anyway, so they couldn't air all the episodes in the time allotted on TV anyway. So they might as well take a bit of extra time to get out of the weekly-rush and finish the last three episodes properly. It's much easier to schedule the animators if you aren't as rushed. (This is what the novel author offered as the reason for the timing: because the animators were trying to do a good job.)

Even then, though, two months is not enough time to change the contents. By the time the interviews were coming out (within days of the novel being released), the author had already seen the storyboards for the last episodes, and it was implied that he'd heard some of the voice acting. So production was already well under way. The average anime episode spends ~6-8 weeks minimum in the animation process, with story planning, scripting, and storyboard work done in the weeks/months before that, so they've already been working on it for a long time. They definitely weren't waiting for the novel to be released before starting work on it.

The entire OreImo anime is an "adaptation" of the source material. They converted a printed book to a format that works in ~24-minute anime episodes. Fitting a 12-volume novel series into 31 episodes does obviously mean that some content has to get cut out in order to fit the time constraints. But that doesn't generally imply making fundamental changes to the content. It just means converting it from novel to anime. In this particular anime, there was really only one episode whose novel contents were fundamentally changed (the "Kirino's novel gets an anime" episode), but it was done in such a way to still deliver the same overall point/message (while being more appropriate to the medium).

There is nothing to suggest that the anime will change anything significant about the last novel.
Old 2013-07-09, 03:55   Link #4123
iMACobra

Oh, thanks for answering my questions! I hope they weren't such a drag to answer.
Old 2013-07-09, 15:35   Link #4124
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
The 10 years after story is about:

''...it's about chuunibyou Tamaki visits Kirino to watch a Meruru Remake 10 years after the end of the story (remember that Tamaki is a Meruru fan in present-day). Future Tamaki apparently looks just like Kuroneko does present-day. Kirino is apparently so beautiful for her age that chuuni-Tamaki considers her a modern-day witch. () Hinata also goes to see Kirino to ask for "life counselling" about her little sister. None of the other characters appear.''

( Quotation from relentlessflame)

So it doesn't give you any answers about the relationship between kirino and kyousuke in the future.
Thats all?

My guess is that the answer will come with the last story bundled with the last DVD/BD.
Old 2013-07-09, 15:55   Link #4125
Kakurin-san
私がラッキーガールですって?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thats all?

My guess is that the answer will come with the last story bundled with the last DVD/BD.
I doubt we will get an answer, as the author has said that is is a Kirino ending and hinted that the reason he did not make it clearer was the regulations by the publisher. So I don't know about circumventing it through a BD extra.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 17:02   Link #4126
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thats all?

I highly doubt that. Think about it, if the author pulls a clear Kirino ending, it mean he will have to deal with incest, common sense,.....etc. So both he and the publisher can't do that - they can't risk too much. Sure, they can make it clearer, but going too much and the public will go crazy.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 17:59   Link #4127
iMACobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
I highly doubt that. Think about it, if the author pulls a clear Kirino ending, it mean he will have to deal with incest, common sense,.....etc. So both he and the publisher can't do that - they can't risk too much. Sure, they can make it clearer, but going too much and the public will go crazy.
Yeah, people will go crazy just like the ending of the Usagi Drop manga...
Old 2013-07-09, 18:49   Link #4128
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMACobra View Post
Yeah, people will go crazy just like the ending of the Usagi Drop manga...
It would be great if the author writes the story without any restrictions and says (ending note in the novel): 'I end the novel the way I want, if you don't like it because it's clear incest go f... Yourself' (just joking)

But I really don't like the following reason: 'the author couldn't do the things he wanted, because someone or somebody is against it'.

You can't stop thinking about: If he gets the freedom to write without restrictions, what kind of story is he going to write?
the same story? or something else?????

Last edited by Sakura_Tsuki; 2013-07-09 at 19:27.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 19:40   Link #4129
liemtodaisu

Chapter 4 is out on Baka-tsuki, then again had me grinning like a creep .
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 21:56   Link #4130
iMACobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
It would be great if the author writes the story without any restrictions and says (ending note in the novel): 'I end the novel the way I want, if you don't like it because it's clear incest go f... Yourself' (just joking)

But I really don't like the following reason: 'the author couldn't do the things he wanted, because someone or somebody is against it'.

You can't stop thinking about: If he gets the freedom to write without restrictions, what kind of story is he going to write?
the same story? or something else?????
Spoiler for Comparison to Usagi Drop:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-10 at 02:32. Reason: Placed in spoiler tags for comparison to other show
Old 2013-07-10, 03:09   Link #4131
Kakurin-san
私がラッキーガールですって?

Spoiler for Chapter 4:

This scene is so great, funny and very cute. Hopefully this will get animated, I'll probably die from a cuteness overflow.

EDIT:
Spoiler for Chapter 4:

Last edited by Kakurin-san; 2013-07-10 at 03:30.
Old 2013-07-10, 05:37   Link #4132
GVN.Chaos

@Above : Innocent whistle :heh
The rest should be finish today, then I will post my impression about the series as a whole and Vol 12. Damn, this series really fired me up.
Old 2013-07-10, 07:04   Link #4133
Kakurin-san
私がラッキーガールですって?

Quote:
@Above : Innocent whistle :heh
The rest should be finish today, then I will post my impression about the series as a whole and Vol 12. Damn, this series really fired me up.
Great work, thanks.

By the way, reading through Chapter 4 I noticed this spot, that perhaps needs to edited:
Spoiler for Chapter 4:
Old 2013-07-10, 07:13   Link #4134
GVN.Chaos

Oh? Thank you for pointing it out
Old 2013-07-11, 05:31   Link #4135
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkar77 View Post
I know it's being crude but I just have to ask everyone's opinion with this scene. What do you all think is going on there?

Is it just me or is there some seriously, purposeful miscommunication between the narrator (Kyousuke) and the reader? The reason is also a little bit later, right before the meeting w/ Kuroneko and Saori he says that thinks a lot of us misunderstood what went on with the below scene. Seems to me that he's being an unreliable narrator again and/or it could be another restriction by the publisher and this is his way around it. That quote is under the first.

BTW when I try to use the spoiler for some reason it doesn't show up. That's the reason I'm having to use quotes and make the page longer.
Can you explain what do you mean by 'purposeful miscommunication' ? If you meant the offline meeting with Saori and Kuroneko later then yes, I agree.

By the way, since I just finished translated Vol 12 Afterwords a few minutes ago, here is my impression about OreImo as a whole and vol 12 (or you might call it translator's rant). Please forgive if some part sound weird, I was kind of in a trance when I typed it.
Spoiler for Translator's impression/Translator's rant:
Old 2013-07-13, 22:46   Link #4136
GVN.Chaos

Hey guys, I heard that there Tsukasa Fushimi posted an OreImo X Toaru Kagaku no Railgun crossover on his website. Can anyone please help me check if that's true?
Old 2013-07-14, 02:46   Link #4137
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Hey guys, I heard that there Tsukasa Fushimi posted an OreImo X Toaru Kagaku no Railgun crossover on his website. Can anyone please help me check if that's true?
I've read the Chinese version of it, it's true. You can find some of the teasers/comments from me about it here and here.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 13:54   Link #4138
Wadjet
Join the Yggdra Union

I just want to thank the translator for doing this for us. I really enjoyed the stor, one of my favorite ever

I was actually rooting for Kirino since the beginning, but as they were siblings I would have been content if they had just settled their differences and been on good terms, I was actually thinking he was going to end with Manami of Kuroneko.

The one thing I did not want is for them halfway or at the end of the series to pull a "oh but we aren't related by blood!" scenario, as it would have been such a cop out an would have ruined all the tension in earlier scenes.

I applaud the author for ending it the way it did, it could have been a true open ended ending but I personally hate those, and this one while the future is uncertain, I feel that everyone confirmed their feelings.

again thanks to everyone that worked on this I really appreciate it, one of the most unique rom com endings out there and I thoroughly enjoyed it
Old 2013-07-17, 15:53   Link #4139
Wilshere

Anyone wondered why didn't Kirino and Kyousuke tell Kuroneko and Saori that they will be ''limited time lovers''?
Old 2013-07-17, 17:46   Link #4140
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Anyone wondered why didn't Kirino and Kyousuke tell Kuroneko and Saori that they will be ''limited time lovers''?
Imagine telling Kuroneko "oh, by the way, I dumped you because I want to love my little sister for a limited time"
(This can't end well....)
Beside, considered that even Manami didn't know, I suspect that during that limited time, Kyousuke considered they are true lover, thus there is no need to mention that time limit.

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings