AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-11, 15:54   Link #11561
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Haven't we already been there?

I hope it's a little more creative than that tbh.

Tree guy was great tho, the "turn right" was great and with Happy turning the other way
doesn't have to be a bad boss. maybe mavis ask him to take these guys to the next level to prepare for their fight with zeref
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 16:21   Link #11562
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Flare is trolling us.. too bad no girls addition in FT

omg.. cheerful Mavis is super cute.... and finally we can see another Fairy Tail's original member
now, who's the other one?

Mashima is always good at making something like this.. a beautiful beginning of an arc
isn't it Markarov?

edit: nvm he's only 88 years old and this is confirmed to be 108 years ago when they created FT.
__________________

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-07-11 at 16:33.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 17:27   Link #11563
Yye1
Member of Little Busters
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
So sad at Lisanna's lack of screen time... though happy that mishima seemed to return to the old formula of taking on jobs that result in arcs

Edit:Rereading chapter 341 and noticed that Juvia had a Gray plushie..... WTF
__________________
Donít you open your mouth about the best. Or Iím ma shut it for you real quick.
- Richard Sherman

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 17:52   Link #11564
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Please join FT, Flare!!!!!! (nice ass btw)

When Flare said she had no where to go, I was like "YES!!!!!!!"

Then 2 pages after..........awwwww.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 19:16   Link #11565
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Please join FT, Flare!!!!!! (nice ass btw)

When Flare said she had no where to go, I was like "YES!!!!!!!"

Then 2 pages after..........awwwww.
Something tells me Flare's appearance at the guild is more than a one-shot joke. If there's anything we can say for sure about Hiro Mashima's writing, it's that when he brings up some old and seemingly unrelated information early in a new arc, he has plans to make it important again. What if this ties into Ivan's search for Lumen Histoire? After all, the guildhall is where it's located. And I recall Hiro saying he originally planned to have a Raven Tail member act as a spy for someone. It would be easy to say that Obra's imp (who may actually be Obra) was one for Zeref, but it's a fact that Hiro's original plans for the previous arc were totally different.

Something tells me that in the original draft, the Eclipse Project was going to be as malicious as it was first built up to be, that Lucy would be far more involved, and that Flare's strange obsession with her was somehow tied into it. And now that Flare has appeared around the one place no Raven Tail member (former or not) should be, it could spell bad news. Of course, I too would very much like Flare to be a recurring character, even if it's just for her awesome design (to me, anyway), and she sure seems good. But my speculation still stands: she's either totally playing nice, or a reluctant/oblivious pawn.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 22:26   Link #11566
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
343 is interesting.....

Minerva is truly a good villain in this anime... expecting more from her in this arc

DUUUNNN.... I almost forget about Moon Drip
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 01:06   Link #11567
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Maybe the ice magic comes from Ul's ex-husband? If I'm not mistaken Ultear at the end of Galuna arc said that Ul was "a pitiable woman who got dumped by my father" or something like that.
You know, i think that is a really great post! since grays feels something familar about that ice ive been thinking of who it could be and nothing pops up, until i saw this post!
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 01:59   Link #11568
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
"Speaking of cleavage, where's Wendy"
Levi... why did talk of cleavage remind you of Wendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~
Minerva is truly a good villain in this anime... expecting more from her in this arc
I Agree, and yet i feel like its too soon. I mean she only just left her guild like what, a week or so a go and already she manages to team up with a dark guild that will come into conflict with fairy tail... lets get a little breathing room here; let us wait atleast one arc before bringing back a previous villain, y'know

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Something tells me that in the original draft, the Eclipse Project was going to be as malicious as it was first built up to be, that Lucy would be far more involved, and that Flare's strange obsession with her was somehow tied into it. And now that Flare has appeared around the one place no Raven Tail member (former or not) should be, it could spell bad news. Of course, I too would very much like Flare to be a recurring character, even if it's just for her awesome design (to me, anyway), and she sure seems good. But my speculation still stands: she's either totally playing nice, or a reluctant/oblivious pawn.
Eh i don't know, We already had the subplot of raven tail having a spy in fairy tail done before and it seems rather lame to do it again only slightly differently. "Instead of the spy being a double agent, the spy will be 4 realz this time!... which will inevidable lead to that point where the spy switches sides after being with fairy tail...". Ya WAY too predictable.

However, i am interested in hearing the original drafts for fairy tail. Seriously, following this series it feels like there have been MANY points where it seems like there was a different intent or idea going on at first and the lastest turns in the story was something that was never planned out in advance. Honestly i feel like that time skip came out of nowhere and didn't seem to amount to much... almost like the only reason it was done was so that mashima had an excuse to treat fairy tail like they were the underdog's; kinda of the downside to starting the series with Fairy tail being one of the best is that it can be kinda hard to make it seem like their are bigger fish in the world... another would be Raven Tail who started out like a major subplot but felt like it fell apart after the time skip; kinda of expected they would end up being a much bigger threat and then all of their members including the master end up getting beaten up by Laxus alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
I was kinda hoping they would switch up the team members in this arc, eg.gajeelxlevy, or even add liliana, we havent had one natsuxliliana moment since she came back
Ya that has been one of the issues i have had with Lisanna's retconned resurrection after the edolas arc. In addition to the asspull feeling of her return (which didn't make much sense), absolutely NOTHING was done with it. She has done nothing that couldn't have been done by someone else and has no development for herself or for others; the story would essentially be right where it was had she stayed dead. Heck i actually liked her more while she was dead because atleast then she had an important impact on the lives of those connected to her and helped shape who those people became. It was like a quite bitter sweet tragedy that tugged at your emotions as you think about this great girl who was important to so many but was tragically lost... memories of her just yielded this bitter sweet feeling y'know. Bringing her back kind of ruined that feeling, and it was all for nothing because Mashima does not seem to have any idea of what to do with her... honestly at this point, Mashima would have to come up with something extraordinarily good for me to actually care about her character again

Now in contrast, GajeelXLevi... ya i want to get more of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
I don't think either disbanded. Sabertooth is rebuilding, and Raven Tail was never arrested or anything for what they did, they only got caught breaking tournament rules, not laws, and Ivan is still around. Flare probably just left because she decided she had enough of the abuse, and Obra was, well, never really a person.
No Flare seems to state that Raven Tail is gone. So if they didn't have reason to arrest them, then it would seem that the group disbanded after their loss
__________________

Last edited by Slayerx; 2013-07-12 at 04:12.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 02:07   Link #11569
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
However, i am interested in hearing the original drafts for fairy tail. Seriously, following this series it feels like there have been MANY points where it seems like there was a different intent or idea going on at first and the lastest turns in the story was something that was never planned out in advance. Honestly i feel like that time skip came out of nowhere and didn't seem to amount to much... almost like the only reason it was done was so that mashima had an excuse to treat fairy tail like they were the underdog's; kinda of the downside to starting the series with Fairy tail being one of the best is that it can be kinda hard to make it seem like their are bigger fish in the world... another would be Raven Tail who started out like a major subplot but felt like it fell apart after the time skip; kinda of expected they would end up being a much bigger threat and then all of their members including the master end up getting beaten up by Laxus alone
There was a time Hiro Mashima said that all those omake he drew were to be considered as taking place some time after the story's main events; for example, that omake where Lucy learns of a "fateful encounter" she'll have that day, only to learn that day is the one year anniversary of her encounter with Natsu. Then Hiro wrote up the time-skip, which happened when Lucy was half a year into her membership. There's a Q&A in each manga volume, and this very problem was addressed in one of them. The answer? Turn everything in every manga omake into a dream.

Really, you learn some interesting things in these Q&A. Some of this stuff even makes its way into the anime. For example, Hiro addresses that he never gave the Garou Knights guy with the giant scythes a name, so he just calls that guy "Kama" (which is Japanese for "scythe"). Then there's the deal that he had plans for Erigor to return during the Nirvana arc as a member of Oracion Seis, but that didn't work out what with the idea that all members are former slaves from the Tower of Heaven (another Q&A thing that got into the anime), and he couldn't find a way to work him into the story in time after all that buildup to his return. The anime rectified both these problems, which was actually at Hiro's own personal request: have Erigor pop up as the flunky in the Nirvana arc who Jellal gets his new duds from, and then turn him into a full-blown Oracion Seis member post-timeskip.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 02:17   Link #11570
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
So Purehito might have had his demon eye from the beginning of FT.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 03:02   Link #11571
II Maestro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Data World
Huge x Tiny.



Lucy is definitely huge!
__________________
II Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 03:48   Link #11572
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Đế Quốc Đại Việt Thần ThŠnh
Age: 27
I think Flare will join Fairy Tail soon. And somehow, I feeling that Minerva will join Fairy Taill too after will be defeated by Lucy.
__________________
War! War never changes
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 07:48   Link #11573
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Huge x Tiny.



Lucy is definitely huge!
I laughed pretty hard at that page. XD
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 06:40   Link #11574
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: A Yellow Submarine
Age: 19
The new arc is off to a great start xD I'm expecting much from this arc. BTW, will we still get three chapters next week?
__________________
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Pinwheel
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 06:58   Link #11575
G147
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
The new arc is off to a great start xD I'm expecting much from this arc. BTW, will we still get three chapters next week?
This week is the last week for the 3 Chapters, we'll be having the usual 1 chapter again next week.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 21:29   Link #11576
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
This week is the last week for the 3 Chapters, we'll be having the usual 1 chapter again next week.
actually we still gonna get a "omake"(special chapter) this week(in the middle) before the next issue come(a 343.5), then technically speak we get 2 chapters this week :P
the promisse was
2 weeks with 3 chapters release on each plus a special chapter in the next week after that 2 weeks or 7 chapters in all.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 21:33   Link #11577
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
I wish other manga did triple releases like Fairy Tail did...some monthly manga especially need something like this as the wait is horrible at times D:
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 22:24   Link #11578
ellessarr
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I wish other manga did triple releases like Fairy Tail did...some monthly manga especially need something like this as the wait is horrible at times D:
not all of then are workaholic like mashima, in fact many of then are more lazy and even have problem with their deadlines.

mashima is one of the fews who really like to draw(and draw a lot) he draw more than he publish and because of this is one of the fews who sleep 8 hours day and dont have any health issues.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 08:21   Link #11579
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: A Yellow Submarine
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
not all of then are workaholic like mashima, in fact many of then are more lazy and even have problem with their deadlines.

mashima is one of the fews who really like to draw(and draw a lot) he draw more than he publish and because of this is one of the fews who sleep 8 hours day and dont have any health issues.
Yeah hence he is called "Superman" by his assistants xD

I guess it won't be a problem for him to release 3 chapters worth of FT every week. But of course his managers would have problems with that oooh the manga business
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 11:01   Link #11580
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Yeah hence he is called "Superman" by his assistants xD

I guess it won't be a problem for him to release 3 chapters worth of FT every week. But of course his managers would have problems with that oooh the manga business
Actually it would be a problem. He mentioned last time he did three chapters in a week that it was a big stress on everyone, including his editor and assistants. This time he was working on this since January, presumably to reduce the stress on everyone.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.