AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-12, 12:01   Link #761
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Kou not a brocon? If the flashback scene where she was watching her bro win with blushed cheeks and sparkly eyes on her face isn't implied brocon, I dunno what is.

Believe me, I'm all for Kou not being a brocon, having 'lost' to one such character last cour and all. But like that show where I suspected almost from the very beginning that she was one, I'm not going to deny the clues laid down just because it's convenient for my ship.

Not that I'm accusing anyone doing so, just that in order for me to ship Kou with any of her osananajimis, I HAVE to acknowledge that the 'incest is wincest' ship currently has more ground to stand on, or so to speak. Heck, I have next to nothing that even RinXHaruka has more than mine. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 14:24   Link #762
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Kou not a brocon? If the flashback scene where she was watching her bro win with blushed cheeks and sparkly eyes on her face isn't implied brocon, I dunno what is.
Believe me, I'm all for Kou not being a brocon, having 'lost' to one such character last cour and all. But like that show where I suspected almost from the very beginning that she was one, I'm not going to deny the clues laid down just because it's convenient for my ship.
But was she actually blushing for her brother? After all, Rin wasn't the only half-naked guy in the pool. Besides, can't a little sister be impressed with her brother anymore? I mean, he did win the race, and depending how much she looked up to him back then, she could just have merely been ecstatic for him winning.

Quote:
Not that I'm accusing anyone doing so, just that in order for me to ship Kou with any of her osananajimis, I HAVE to acknowledge that the 'incest is wincest' ship currently has more ground to stand on, or so to speak. Heck, I have next to nothing that even RinXHaruka has more than mine. XD
I don't really see it that way. In fact, I think it's too soon to make any conclusion on who likes who. Gou seems to like Haruka, but if so, does he like her back that way, too?
Old 2013-07-12, 14:32   Link #763
ginger02

Quote:

Kind of wondering who this character is.

Anyway, I think you're reading too much into it. People can admire each other or want the best for someone else without any romantic reasoning.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 14:41   Link #764
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
What scene was this? She wasn't blushing at Rin, she was blushing at the swim team...as a normal teenager her age probably would. Hell, if I was in a room of swimmers, I"D be blushing too!

Quote:

So, is 'GOU IS A BROCON/FUJIOSHI!' the new 'THIS SHOW IS GAY'?

She's caring for Rin. Actually, I'm wondering why Rin is rather harsh with her myself.
Old 2013-07-12, 14:49   Link #765
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

She's caring for Rin. Actually, I'm wondering why Rin is rather harsh with her myself.
Kind of curious about this myself. I mean he doesn't seem to be angry at her like he is with the boys, but he certainly doesn't seem to care that much about her, given the lack of communication.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 15:27   Link #766
Blonto

Eh. I do think it's too early to be guessing who'll be with who. Right now I don't see how Kou could end up with Haruka. He hasn't shown much emotion towards her, or anyone other than Rei I guess. I'm having a hard time imagining any romance from this show to be honest.
Besides, I think Kyoani will want to keep both the fujoshi and regular fangirls on a leash and picking a pair of one particular orientation might end up severing one of those leashes.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 15:37   Link #767
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Kind of curious about this myself. I mean he doesn't seem to be angry at her like he is with the boys, but he certainly doesn't seem to care that much about her, given the lack of communication.
I'm actually thinking Rin's not mad at any of them. With his childhood friends, I think he's putting on more of a aloof act - trying to keep them at arms length so they don't find out that he might not be as great a person as they remember him to be. It's a a type of machismo. Not showing your emotions and looking strong in front of other males, particularly ones who you were once close with. He's trying to look strong but it just looks angry and hateful to a lot of the audience - at least the ones posting in English online. However, the reactions of Haruka, Makato and Nagaia isn't really matching up with the viewers. They're hurt he isn't being more friendly but they aren't acting like they think he hates them. Rin, as well, isn't acting in private like he hates them either. He is accepting and reading their texts, including his sisters, even if he isn't answering them. I don't think he'd be doing that if he truly didn't want anything to do with them at all (except for Gou, she's his sister so that's another issue). Rin seems conflicted and is just dealing with it in a poor way. However, it isn't a way most guys get angry with each other about things and that's being shown in a decently realistic manner.

As for being angry at Gou - I actually think he's not mad at her at all but possibly the opposite. He loves his sister and fears the lost of her love and respect if she finds out he isn't the big brother she thinks he is. If he doesn't talk to her, he doesn't have to deal with her not caring for him as much as she use to (at least he thinks she's going to react that way). Problem is Gou IS his sister and she knows he's not perfect to begin with. All his actions are doing is ticking her off and upsetting her. As for Gou being a brocon issue - I think the issue in this thread is how we're using the word "brocon." I take the word brocon to mean a sister who's lusting after her brother. If she gets him in bed, well that's the ending for several anime the last few seasons. However, if you use the word "brocon" to just mean a mild crush on a brother then Gou could fit that definition. I think Gou does have a mild crush on her big brother but she isn't lusting after him (or vice verse - brothers can have strong feelings for their sisters without the desire to have a romantic relationship hapening). Her crush isn't really romantic at all but one where she respects and loves her brother and wants to be part of his life in a normal sister/brother set up. Gou really comes off as a normal teenage girl to me. These guys are suppose to be HOT! Very good looking. If she wasn't swooning over them she'd be a yuri candidate. At this point she's done nothing to point to the idea she's into Yaoi type fantasy either. She hasn't had enough time to have character development towards anything or anyone yet. The only thing I picked up was that her brothers future swimclub mate, while good looking, didn't seem to totally click with her as a potential boyfriend. He seemed to be interested in her right off the bat, however but she was more like "good looking but I need to find my brother." At the rate she's going, Gou is being surrounded by a buffet of good looking guys and most likely she's going to deal with it the way normal girls usually do. She's look for a good "package deal." Looks aren't everything - a good personality is usually also necessary for a romance to start up .
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 15:52   Link #768
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
It could be the simple fact that she's his little sister. Not all siblings are close, or even want to be.

I wasn't particular interested in hanging out with my sister when I was his age either, and I'm a girl. Even now my sister and I don't have the same friends, and rarely do things together, and we live in the same house.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 17:18   Link #769
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
Eh. I do think it's too early to be guessing who'll be with who. Right now I don't see how Kou could end up with Haruka. He hasn't shown much emotion towards her, or anyone other than Rei I guess. I'm having a hard time imagining any romance from this show to be honest.
Nah. Like I said, this isn't the type of show that's going to have romance.

And anyway, the only true love Haru has is Water-san.
Old 2013-07-12, 19:30   Link #770
Anime Online

Yeah, I'm going to agree that there's not going to be romance in this show. The 5 guys and swimming are the focus of the show. Just look at the OP and ED. It doesn't even have Ama-chan.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 19:41   Link #771
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
And anyway, the only true love Haru has is Water-san.
I'll say Haruka x Mizugi-san. They're practically inseparable.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 19:42   Link #772
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
It could be the simple fact that she's his little sister. Not all siblings are close, or even want to be.

I wasn't particular interested in hanging out with my sister when I was his age either, and I'm a girl. Even now my sister and I don't have the same friends, and rarely do things together, and we live in the same house.
He seems to care about her, at least in the way he says her name, its not with anger or annoyance but with slight affection. I think that he might just be so wrapped up in his problems that he doesn't realize how he's affected the rest of his family.

My younger siblings and parents would have probably have done even more than what Gou did in trying to get in contact with me, If I had just come back from another country and gone straight to school without even dropping by to say hi, as well as ignoring all their phone calls and messages. They would have probably eventually sent the police, or broken down my dormroom door to make sure I was okay.

It's not like she's trying to be a tagalong or anything, she just wants to make sure he's okay and find out why he's been totally ignoring his family. My siblings would do the same, and we don't always do the same things and don't have the same friends.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 22:36   Link #773
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
He seems to care about her, at least in the way he says her name, its not with anger or annoyance but with slight affection. I think that he might just be so wrapped up in his problems that he doesn't realize how he's affected the rest of his family.

My younger siblings and parents would have probably have done even more than what Gou did in trying to get in contact with me, If I had just come back from another country and gone straight to school without even dropping by to say hi, as well as ignoring all their phone calls and messages. They would have probably eventually sent the police, or broken down my dormroom door to make sure I was okay.

It's not like she's trying to be a tagalong or anything, she just wants to make sure he's okay and find out why he's been totally ignoring his family. My siblings would do the same, and we don't always do the same things and don't have the same friends.
My parents would probably do that, my siblings not so much, and vice versa. It's not that we don't love and care about each other, and I wasn't trying to imply that Rin doesn't care about Gou, just that...hmmm not sure how to explain it, some of us just aren't as invested (for lack of being able to think of a better term) in our siblings. As long as I know they're alive I'm good to go. Rin could be a bit like us, not saying he is though.

I do think that being to caught up in his own problems isn't helping though. Even I would at least call my mom and tell her I was alive, but that quite honestly would be the extent of our conversation. >_> :P

On another note here's a picture

Last edited by Cloudedmind; 2013-07-12 at 22:54. Reason: Added a picture
Old 2013-07-12, 23:05   Link #774
Irenesharda

OMG, that picture is hilarious! Haru really needs to just turn into a merman or something a be done with it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 23:12   Link #775
Cloudedmind

Quote:
OMG, that picture is hilarious! Haru really needs to just turn into a merman or something a be done with it.

Haha, no kidding. Although I think I may have seen a picture like that as well.
Old 2013-07-13, 02:10   Link #776
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Actually, going by his character, he'd easily pass as a merman. I have to wonder why he isn't one yet. Or the fact that why isn't this a merman show instead of... swimming sports.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 06:31   Link #777
Haak
F**k my life...

This is starting to feel like Tamako Market but with swimming for some reason. I did like how Haruka and Rin's relationship was fleshed out and don't have a problem with Makoto any more. Nagisa still gets on my nerves though.

And how long did it take to fix that pool? They made it seem like it only took a week or so but I would've imagined it would take month or so to fix something like that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 18:09   Link #778
bastek66

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-13, 20:44   Link #779
Seitsuki
Onee!

Genderbent Haruka is so hawt.

This totally needs to become a thing.
Old 2013-07-13, 22:13   Link #780
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Episode one didn't do much for me. Episode two, however, was a different story. There seemed to me to be a lot more there.

Pardon me for liking Kou-chan (Watanabe Akeno) most of all, lol. And as a big fan of Yukino Satsuki, I'm very happy to hear her as Ama-chan Sensei. She's still getting roles, but I seem to miss most of them.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, fabulous, sports, water animation