AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Old 2013-07-10, 21:55   Link #781
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Meh, I wouldn't pay too much attention to reviews if I were you. Personally I've never read an anime reviewer who likes the same things I do, and I've seen a lot who just plain out didn't understand the anime they were reviewing.

In fact I remember a review for Index 1 on that sight where the reviewer thought that the Hyouka arc was a through away arc. I mean even if you don't want to read the LN's at least watch season 2 before you make that kind of a judgment...
Oh. Well, at least that's good to know But yeah, the review was a little lacking in my opinion... I'm just mad it might affect its popularity even though it says some nice things.

I accidentally didn't quote you

So... all I mean here is that in the spoiler I wrote, the reviewer criticizes Railgun S for over-emphasizing a certain something with some of its characters... however in the light novels, this something is a very important distinctive trait of the character and it is actually kind of down-played here.

All I was saying with that is that one of the reviewers main complaints, was completely wrong/false because he was speculating about things he could have just confirmed instead of making incorrect assumptions about future material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Now how did you interpret that from what he said?

People generally don't mind criticism when it's fair, but when a reviewer makes a statement claiming a certain arc or character is a 'throw-away' when actually it isn't, it hurts their credibility in a huge way.

People are less likely to take ignorant people seriously, or just people who don't know what they're talking about.
Yes

I agree. I joined this wiki because people here know a lot. It was actually one of your posts that convinced me
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 00:56   Link #782
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Except why should the anime-viewer be required to "go the light novel" in order to fully experience it? The anime should be able to taken stand-alone, and that how that review reflects on.
in a lot of cases the anime is there to help sell the LN/manga and other related merchandise. The anime itself is nothing more then advertising.
Old 2013-07-11, 06:30   Link #783
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

You don't have to read the source before reviewing/watching it's adaptation and say you like it..
Never read the Attack on Titan manga but the watch the anime, but i still like it.
Never read Ga-Rei but watch Ga-Rei Zero but i still love it.
Never read A Song of Fire and Ice but i still love watching Game of Thrones.
Old 2013-07-11, 23:45   Link #784
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
You don't have to read the source before reviewing/watching it's adaptation and say you like it..
Never read the Attack on Titan manga but the watch the anime, but i still like it.
I agree with this. But it can make it better. World-building is Raildex's best strength arguably after all.
Old 2013-07-13, 07:02   Link #785
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
In all honesty, Ga-Rei Zero's a prequel, so I don't think you're expected to read the manga to enjoy it
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:09   Link #786
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I agree with this. But it can make it better. World-building is Raildex's best strength arguably after all.
Which is pretty much what the entire Railgun series is. World building and adding details for Index when applicable.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:20   Link #787
Miraluka
18 forever

Old 2013-07-14, 02:49   Link #788
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Which is pretty much what the entire Railgun series is. World building and adding details for Index when applicable.
I didn't say it wasn't this I just meant the Railgun S anime also has some pretty good emotional scenes that go at least somewhat beyond world building. Railgun S latest episode *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Which one got first? (I'm pretty sure date a live was the one that was lower, not first from the pictures...) Why is Railgun S 2...? This is so horrible?

I'm guessing #1 is probably the giant story? (well it seems actually to be pretty compelling after looking into it a little so I'll give it that... if that's the one that's #1)
Old 2013-07-14, 10:29   Link #789
leukrota

@dniv - You got it wrong, look again. The chart is (a popularity poll I presume) for male and female characters, not the series themselves.

For the record, no. 1 female is from Date A Live. I'm not impressed with that, but I don't really care either.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 14:14   Link #790
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
@dniv - You got it wrong, look again. The chart is (a popularity poll I presume) for male and female characters, not the series themselves.

For the record, no. 1 female is from Date A Live. I'm not impressed with that, but I don't really care either.
Oh, I see. She is from Date a Live. She's the ... lol I didn't notice. I thought the pink-haired girl was from Date a Live instead... Is this rating characters or shows? If it's rating characters, then if it were done after Railgun S obviously Mikoto would be 1...
Old 2013-07-14, 18:01   Link #791
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
Oh, I see. She is from Date a Live. She's the ... lol I didn't notice. I thought the pink-haired girl was from Date a Live instead... Is this rating characters or shows? If it's rating characters, then if it were done after Railgun S obviously Mikoto would be 1...
They BOTH are from Date A Live.

This was last month's poll if I'm not wrong, that means Railgun had been on the air for at least two months.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 18:26   Link #792
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They BOTH are from Date A Live.

This was last month's poll if I'm not wrong, that means Railgun had been on the air for at least two months.
Well Date Alive is only 12 episodes though so the story was more sufficiently developed. It doesn't matter if Railgun had been airing only one week less already for two months. 3/4 of the story of Date A Live had already been shown.

When I said is this about characters: this was me realizing they are both from Date A Live. I saw the first two episodes so I realize who both of them are, I was just slightly forgetting their faces. But yeah, as a #1 character that makes sense I guess... still... after this past episode, episode 14. I am sure Railgun S love is very high right now. Also, the new arc should re-kindle fans of the first season to love and support Railgun S again.

But... Date A Live was pretty good, I heard so I'm not going to criticize this poll. If it were done now, it would probably be different. (SnK clearly did well; I finally realized it was at least somewhat interesting).
Old 2013-07-21, 13:22   Link #793
chaosprophet

I wonder if they decided to have the Misaki introduction arc on this season because she will have some role on anime original episodes on Railgun S.
Old 2013-07-21, 14:01   Link #794
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, because they already confirmed that Misaki won't be appearing for the remainder of the season.
Old 2013-07-21, 16:08   Link #795
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I wonder if they decided to have the Misaki introduction arc on this season because she will have some role on anime original episodes on Railgun S.
It was only pandering the fans of the novels .
Old 2013-07-21, 19:47   Link #796
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Maybe in the last episode as a cameo...Just because.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 00:15   Link #797
Miraluka
18 forever

Now that the story arc of the series is ending and the next thing is fanservice until the end I can expect a announcement for Index III when the series ends.
Old 2013-07-25, 03:03   Link #798
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It was only pandering the fans of the novels .
You're wrong. It was an announcement done in order to help her introduction later because of differences with the anime & manga as they stated.

Also, they clearly said that they did this to help with her role in season III, so they are definitively planning on doing a season 3. So I appreciate this tidbit of information which is important.
Old 2013-07-25, 08:19   Link #799
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
You're wrong. It was an announcement done in order to help her introduction later because of differences with the anime & manga as they stated.

Also, they clearly said that they did this to help with her role in season III, so they are definitively planning on doing a season 3. So I appreciate this tidbit of information which is important.
i think that's mean a fanservice enough for us.......light novel reader right???
Old 2013-07-26, 01:03   Link #800
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalqae View Post
i think that's mean a fanservice enough for us.......light novel reader right???
I am a LN reader. BTW: I was talking about Railgun season 3 not Index III I appreciate the appearance. I like Railgun more than Index right now because Railgun S is really good, don't worry. Even if I read LN, I still love Railgun

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen