AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-07, 02:31   Link #101
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claym0re View Post
Since they regenerate even when their head is blown off I highly doubt that.
Actually, not always. Cannon fire has about a 50% probability to killing a Titan with a headshot, as it only damages the titan's weak point 50% of the time, so it is possible that the cannon shot in the second episode was a kill if it hit in the head, and it is also likely that the cannon fired from the walls (can't remember which episode) killed some of the titans they hit.

Also, Mikasa being the only one who scored a kill is no longer the case as of the most recent episode.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 12:40   Link #102
Graydient
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Spoiler for image:
Kim Chizevsky:
Height 5' 8.5"
Weight 135 lbs

Mikasa:
Height ~5' 7"
Weight ~150 lbs

ohgodwhy
Graydient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 04:11   Link #103
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
when I saw the past, I understand why they want to Eren as his savior who "change" and help them to become stronger mentally
I love Mikasa <3
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-18, 01:12   Link #104
Hikapo
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Mikasa is full of win!

She is also the strongest one out of the group. And finally an anime where the girls aren't just a bunch of fan service.
Hikapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 15:27   Link #105
MissMikoto
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Honestly Mikasa is my favorite Attack on Titan character, she is amazingly good and usually manages to keep a cool head about things (The exception being when she had thought Eren died), which in my opinion makes her that much more badass. I also enjoy the way she is loyal to Eren how she is, I think that also says a lot for her character.
MissMikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 03:22   Link #106
zztop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Has Isayama-sensei ever stated why he designed Mikasa with such a fit body and developed abs?
I'm wondering whetehr he based the design on someone he knew, a celebrity, or he wanted to try something different.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 09:10   Link #107
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orlando
I think that Mikasa's muscle structure is hyper-developed due to her 'condition'*. That and the 3D Maneuver Gear takes a lot of abdominal strength to utilize so her torso would be unusually developed.

*
Spoiler for Mikasa's condition:


On another note ...surprised there isn't any comparisons between Mikasa and Mako Mori from Pacific Rim yet.
__________________
"Focus entirely on me, you ordinary soldier."
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 13:06   Link #108
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I think that Mikasa's muscle structure is hyper-developed due to her 'condition'*. That and the 3D Maneuver Gear takes a lot of abdominal strength to utilize so her torso would be unusually developed.

*
Spoiler for Mikasa's condition:


On another note ...surprised there isn't any comparisons between Mikasa and Mako Mori from Pacific Rim yet.
I guess they are similar, but Mikasa's more awesome; also, I like her relationship with Eren more.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 17:59   Link #109
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Mikasa developed the muscle to protect their business Eren now with all the girls could have abdominal?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:29   Link #110
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
She's definitely my fav

I find the girls of SNK pretty interesting, including Annie and Sasha

for some reason she reminds me of gintoki,

both are badass and have the tendency to get into emotional rage if their love ones are affected
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 23:19   Link #111
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Am I the only one who doesn't like Mikasa much? She is like a more violent version of terminator who doesn't give a damn about anyone or anything apart from Eren.

I'm pretty sure that if Eren were to go bad, she would still be on his side.

While this devotion is good it also is bad and makes her look pretty idiotic.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 00:13   Link #112
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Funny that you say that because if anything she would kick Eren's ass if he ever went out of line. She has done so before when their children. Make no mistake, Mikasa isn't in the military because she shares his ideals or because she sub-servant to him. Mikasa's there to ensure that she doesn't lose another member of her family. Does not mean mean she care for anyone else (see Sasha, Armin, Hannes) but Eren will always priority for her. What he did for her is not something anyone else could have done.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 14:36   Link #113
ANM789
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Would it have been cool if
Spoiler for episode 10 spoiler:
ANM789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 15:43   Link #114
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANM789 View Post
Would it have been cool if
Spoiler for episode 10 spoiler:
No, because then I couldn't ship Eren x Mikasa
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 16:36   Link #115
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Funny that you say that because if anything she would kick Eren's ass if he ever went out of line. She has done so before when their children. Make no mistake, Mikasa isn't in the military because she shares his ideals or because she sub-servant to him. Mikasa's there to ensure that she doesn't lose another member of her family. Does not mean mean she care for anyone else (see Sasha, Armin, Hannes) but Eren will always priority for her. What he did for her is not something anyone else could have done.
Duno, from what I saw in manga she tends to change her opinion about people really fast.

One moment she protects them and then without any restrain is ready to kill them.

While her reasons for such action are obvious it still is a very sharp change towards people she considered comrades.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 19:27   Link #116
Iron Maw
Devil Buster
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANM789 View Post
Would it have been cool if
Spoiler for episode 10 spoiler:
There's slight problem with that, which being that everyone would be dead before ep 10. Eren saved their lives in ep 7, remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Duno, from what I saw in manga she tends to change her opinion about people really fast.

One moment she protects them and then without any restrain is ready to kill them.

While her reasons for such action are obvious it still is a very sharp change towards people she considered comrades.
Well, I haven't read the manga yet so I wouldn't know yet. But the people I mentioned are an example of those she still considers friends. I really doubt Mikasa would change opinion about anyone without a good reason.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-08-18 at 19:49.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 02:38   Link #117
Faerie
10% but stupid as toast
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Enjoying tea with Kotori and Isabel
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
No, because then I couldn't ship Eren x Mikasa
I know this was probably a joke, but since I've been thinking about her relationship with Eren and it's impact on her personality, I've come to the conclusion that the worst thing that could happen to her would be him reciprocating, the best would probably be clear, outright rejection of any romantic feelings she may have.
He's done something similar on a few occasions, among the lines of "You're not my mom, shut up!", and I do believe it would do her good to hear more of that... for the sake of the poor girl's sanity. Mikasa is usually at her least likeable and rational when she protects Eren

Spoiler for mild Manga reference:
, the last thing she needs to feed the unhealthier bits of her obsession is him reciprocating.

Spoiler for another mild Manga reference:


The one thing I was hoping for in Mikasa is a strong, independent heroine, and while it has become clear that she can only fill that role up to a certain extent (as long as her mild yandere stays in check), I'm hoping Isayama finds a way to steer her into less murky waters. She's too awesome to be just someone's overprotective woman.

Just my two cents on the matter
__________________
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 02:49   Link #118
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I know this was probably a joke, but since I've been thinking about her relationship with Eren and it's impact on her personality, I've come to the conclusion that the worst thing that could happen to her would be him reciprocating, the best would probably be clear, outright rejection of any romantic feelings she may have.
He's done something similar on a few occasions, among the lines of "You're not my mom, shut up!", and I do believe it would do her good to hear more of that... for the sake of the poor girl's sanity. Mikasa is usually at her least likeable and rational when she protects Eren

Spoiler for mild Manga reference:
, the last thing she needs to feed the unhealthier bits of her obsession is him reciprocating.

Spoiler for another mild Manga reference:


The one thing I was hoping for in Mikasa is a strong, independent heroine, and while it has become clear that she can only fill that role up to a certain extent (as long as her mild yandere stays in check), I'm hoping Isayama finds a way to steer her into less murky waters. She's too awesome to be just someone's overprotective woman.

Just my two cents on the matter
It wasn't really a joke, I do want them to be together.

It seems dumb that if Mikasa and Eren's roles were switched, it would be the stereotypical hero doing anything it takes to save the girl, but now Mikasa gets labeled as dependent for wanting to save Eren?

Mikasa caring for Eren and willing to do anything to help him is entirely why I like her character and what makes her awesome to me. I am 100% jealous of Eren in that respect and though she is clingy, and I can somewhat understand Eren's frustration, I think she's understandably and perhaps the right amount of clingy.

I think the best thing that sums up the way she feels is when she says "I just want to be by his side." She's not controlling, as she didn't force Eren to change his mind about joining the Recon Corps, but instead joined to protect him, though I think if she had said the quote above it would have been far less irritating to Eren. So she's clingy, but not to the point where she wants to control him to her liking, which by the way, is also why I don't think she deserves the label yandere.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 03:30   Link #119
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
It seems dumb that if Mikasa and Eren's roles were switched, it would be the stereotypical hero doing anything it takes to save the girl, but now Mikasa gets labeled as dependent for wanting to save Eren?
I disagree because the difference is is that neither are damsels in distress. Eren is a soldier not an innocent victim to be coddled and if their roles were reversed that fact wouldn't be any different for Mikasa.

I like her character. She is clingy, perhaps too much, though she does seem to be backing off, but I find that to be part of her character both to her benefit and detriment. For her sake, hopefully there won't come a time when it'll prove to be to her detriment too much. I like her, I don't want to see her screw things up and get people killed.
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 03:49   Link #120
haru_san
owns them all
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 16
Send a message via Skype™ to haru_san
as much as i love mikasa and all i think her relationship with eren is more like not-family-relationship honestly if she end up with eren i will think she is obsessed =/
haru_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.