AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-17, 07:51   Link #4061
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
that is awful.....although kirito became softer.....and eugeo seems like a wuss ready to cry anytime
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 08:02   Link #4062
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
As Tusjecht said, Kirito dual-wields three more times after his fight with Eugene. The first one is in Fairy Dance arc World Tree Quest(When he's trying to break through the Guardian Knights the second time). Second is in Death Gun arc(Where he's fighting against Sterben with his second blade being the Five-Seven handgun). Third one is in Mother's Rosario arc(Where Kirito was helping Asuna and the Sleeping Knights member to break through a crowd of players by holding 50 players together Klein).
Funnily, I forgot about those instances. In the Alicization arc, if nothing else is changed too much from the WEB novel, then Kirito dual-wields another three times. So that's a total of six times after the Fairy Dance arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
okay but those were occasional events.....I mean will he get two swords in this new arc?....
Judging by the illustrations, his black sword is like a 1-handed sword and the blue-rose sword looks like one too....
and they are like his weapons from SAO....Elucidator and Dark Repulser.....
Spoiler for Originally posted by Hamazura:
Hamazura, spoiler. Fix your post.
Spoiler for For the Alicization arc:
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 10:33   Link #4063
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Funnily, I forgot about those instances. In the Alicization arc, if nothing else is changed too much from the WEB novel, then Kirito dual-wields another three times. So that's a total of six times after the Fairy Dance arc.
Hoo. I didn't know the full details of the WEB one. So Kirito dual wields three more times starting from the start of Alicization to this point where he's fighting Alice?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic205802_6.gif
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 10:42   Link #4064
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
I guess I can tell you who but not why, if Kawahara doesn't decide to insert more plot twists to liven up his WEB novel.
Spoiler for In chronological order::
There's one last mega spoiler if you're wondering if that's really the end, I'm refraining from posting it here first.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 13:22   Link #4065
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
I guess I can tell you who but not why, if Kawahara doesn't decide to insert more plot twists to liven up his WEB novel.
Spoiler for In chronological order::
There's one last mega spoiler if you're wondering if that's really the end, I'm refraining from posting it here first.
Ah I see. Well I interpreted csuree's question as "Up until this point(the start of Kirito vs Alice on the LN), did he ever dual-wields?", so I answered three times. But well I'm guessing as the spoilers be, it should be more dual-wield for Kirito later on.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic205802_6.gif
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 13:51   Link #4066
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Question: Asuna don't "dive in" during the Alicization Arc right? I still haven't found a reason to actually read that Arc since I found out Kirto is alive but "soloing"
__________________
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 17:53   Link #4067
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Spoiler for Asuna & Alicization:


Edit: Oh, and I take back what I stated a few posts back: there are two more instances when Kirito dual wields. One of the two is covered in Versus, the Accel World crossover side story, the second comes at the ending to Alicization.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 19:36   Link #4068
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
This Alicization arc is really big.....and it is very detailed.....it might have a significance far deeper than any of the other arcs.

Even though the title came from a "relatively short arc"...honestly reading through all the translated light novels.....I'm starting to forget the SAO era ....I think it should be more detailed about it....

Oh I forgot....Progressive is doing it

Honestly I'm more interested in that than the alicization arc, If this arcwill eventually end up in Accel world it would be a bit of a disappointment.....I was like a bit negative about accel world as even if you can accelerate like that, the limitations on your brain(signal transmission does not allow you to accelarate 1000x or like that), or physical full burst is almost impossible as it would tear all your muscles to contract them so fast....It does not seem too realistic.

It seems like SAO was more planned out and thought of.....Even the fluct-light theory might seem reasonable...

I'm still looking forward for the new volumes...don't misunderstand me....but as kirito spent 2 years in UW, he also spent 2 years in SAO.....why are those portrayed so differently in terms of length?....it seems unfair....SAO is the base of all he is now....

The web version is so far ahead?.....did the alice arc end???....(I so need to learn japanese )
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 19:45   Link #4069
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Accel World is probably a Spritual Successor to SAO. To correct you on one point: you still have 1000x acceleration in AW. Other things, such as Physical Full Burst, are only possible because tech in AW is Augumented Reality, so there's no need to be tethered to a computer.

Alicization arc is confirmed as ended in 2008; the WEB novel, at least. At the time, Kawahara was working on the side story 'Cradle Of The Moon,' and a proto-AW work 'Just In My Eyes.' Both were dropped and unfinished. There are summaries for both in this thread somewhere...need tondig for them.

As for why UW and Aincrad are portrayed differently, think about it: if UW was just another Aincrad, would you still read it with as much interest as the original Aincrad arc?
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 02:14   Link #4070
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Even if you say AW is augmented reality, it still does not change the biological fact that the signal transmission from one neuron to the other in the best case is 119 metres/second. this is rather slow if you accelerate your wold by 1000x. In AW the ocial cameras make a digitalized environment but they do not touch nothing in the biological realm of human perceiving speed, this is why AW is just child fantasy story, and SAO is like a blueprint for the future technological advances, because all of the tech described in SAO, can be achieved eventually in the future.

Sorry I do not want to offend any AW fans out there, even though I watched the anime until the end. This was only my opinion on the subject

The fluct light theory proposes that the soul is just quantum energy signal linked to the living body. well we do know that in the macro and the micro-universe of particles and energy the speed limit is 300.000 km/second, and that makes things possible to accelerate. But it still needs the device (STL) to read your quantum signature and make a copy of it on the "server".

Also about teaching the AI human feelings and emotions and the power of choice.....doesn't that sound like a Terminator scenario? eventually they will rise against humans.....
And also the AI in UW is just human soul in the machine.....so they are people too.
Humans have a long history of wars based only on the reason "You are different". If you teach this to a machine eventually conflict will erupt on the same reason.
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 02:29   Link #4071
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Hm, I guess Episode 1 didn't explain it as well as Volume 1...

In AW, acceleration is explained by artificially feeding an increased heart rate to the brain. The reasoning is that reaction speed is based on the heart rate. If the Neuro Linker intercepts that, and multiplies it by a 1000x, so will reaction speed.

Hence the number you quoted for signals travelling between neurons wouldn't stay at that level, it would increase a thousand fold.

Furthermore...
Spoiler for Fluctlight theory, you say?:
Edit: Sorry, I need to clear up my point on augumented reality (AR).

I said Physical Full Burst was possible because of AR - correction. It's never been explained how the challenge of moving the body is overcome. But Physical Burst is still possible because it is only acceleration of your conciousness.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-07-18 at 02:41.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 02:41   Link #4072
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
but doesn't an increased brain speed need additonal fuel?...like an engine if you want more power you need to add more fuel and oxygen.....So accelerating your brain needs more oxygen and energy too...
Okay the energy can be explained by burning calories.....but even so oxygen is not pupmed in the brain 1000x faster, thus leaving you in a potential lack of oxygen to your brain, which can be damaging.
Even if you come back from acceleration, the increased brain activity which was done without any oxygen will have a backlash.....

Also are you saying that the neuro linker is just a portable STL which then relays the signal to the Visualizer and back??....

If so then the AW type acceleration might be possible....but for the STL to become so small from the size of a big room to something you put on your neck......
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 02:49   Link #4073
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
I imagine that the energy requirements for accelerated thinking is much smaller compared to the energy intake of a muscle. Anyway, BB by default limits acceleration to 1.8 seconds in RL time. As for the command Unlimited Burst, not much is known except that it is advised for Divers to prepare beforehand; eat, go to the bathroom and adopt a comfortable position before Diving.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The Neuro Linker is described as a portable quantum communication device the size of a neck collar.

...perhaps you might consider reading the light novels first? They'll answer many questions about the acceleration mechanics.
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 08:28   Link #4074
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
Spoiler for Asuna & Alicization:


Edit: Oh, and I take back what I stated a few posts back: there are two more instances when Kirito dual wields. One of the two is covered in Versus, the Accel World crossover side story, the second comes at the ending to Alicization.
Oh, can you link me where does Asuna dive in? So far all I saw was Asuna visit the turtle ship where Kirto is held and keep waking up and see a dived in/comatose Kitiro.
__________________
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 08:46   Link #4075
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Spoiler:
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 09:33   Link #4076
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
Any explanation in future why eugeo, alice and rulid villagers doesnt remember kirito?
Their memories wiped out by rath or something?
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 09:42   Link #4077
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Spoiler for Why::
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 01:14   Link #4078
animefan36
Another Anime Lover
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Spoiler for WAit a minute!!!:
animefan36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 01:20   Link #4079
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 20
Spoiler for Kirito:
__________________
All possibilities till now are just on the other side of the Light, only Fluctuating slightly. Only Fluctuating slightly...

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-07-25 at 02:49.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 05:06   Link #4080
csuree
The Most Wanted™
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Romania, Oradea
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to csuree
Spoiler for time issue:
__________________
Go for your dreams, never give up.Because when you give up your dreams, you die!
csuree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, gaming, harem, kirito, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.