AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-18, 06:29   Link #321
~BC~

I wouldn't say it's too early to speculate but it's probably too early to say for sure who Shoko will end up with (if anyone). Even some of the potential hints I've considered can be interpreted or used to set up something other than a possible romance. Heck, I wasn't even surprised when L-Elf pulled the gun in ep. 11 since that was one of the other possibilities I considered (and who's to say we won't see a repeat with different results later).

I just want Shoko to get more development and find happiness once this is all over.
Old 2013-07-18, 07:41   Link #322
Fjoergyn

There is nothing wrong to speculate. Back to the topic, I think L-Elf, if you can get to fall in love, but there is no certainty and the princess who is there to fulfill their role
Old 2013-07-18, 07:56   Link #323
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

The show is actually unpredictable though, it's serving us with some timeskip to leave us with some hints and materials, wondering what has really happened before the current time frame got there at that point. Romance is still a mystery or the anime hasn't really gotten there. Satisfaction is not yet attained, and patience is needed untill this genre proves that it really exist in this anime. So for the time being, all I can do is to wait and to expect that everyone's role is gonna be fulfilled. I'll be really glad if Shouko ends up with L Elf or someone who's deserving. Saki is like the second-coming of CC and that lil boy is the contractor like Lelouch. Haruto being the second Suzaku, his body may turn into ashes but his immortality makes him present all the time--no matter what he musn't die. And so these are just my thoughts.
Old 2013-07-18, 11:00   Link #324
Destined_Fate

I wouldn't call Haruto the Suzaku since he has been getting his rear handed to him a ton when he's fighting hand to hand. He can pilot tough so there's that... L-Elf though seems like Lelouch + Suzaku in one. Shoko on the other hand is her own character, I can't really grab anything from CG to describe her. Course this is a good thing and keeps her so unpredictable which is very appealing, even for a guy like L-Elf who has no idea what she'll do as he's used to always being in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
And if L-Elf doesn't end up with Shoko? What if she just ends up alone? Whether she ends up with Haruto or L-Elf or ends up alone, I don't really care, as long as her character is developed more considering what she's been through and her position as Prime Minister I'll be happy.

All this talk of who should end up with who is reminding me of Aquarion Evol and we all know how that ended, whether we liked the final pairing or not.
Evol's main character was unlikable and his main love interest is unlikable as well, they also were a bunch of hypocrites. Especially Amata who decided to challenge Fate/Destiny by accepting Fate/Destiny and the only person that actually challenged Fate/Destiny(Zessica) was kicked to the curb even up to the end of the show.

Haruto may have broken Shoko's heart a few times already but none of the cast is unlikable let alone as dumb as a rock as Amata still is. Haruto even has valid reasons/excuses for why he has pushed Shoko away and why he ended up becoming attracted to Saki who wasn't the First Girl thus their relationship actually had to develop.

So I doubt we'll get anywhere near an Evol result unless they suddenly turn Haruto into Amata.
Old 2013-07-18, 11:22   Link #325
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
That idea of Shouko having amnesia is interesting but I doubt that it will happen. She screaming for Naruto's help during the pv of second season means that she remembers very well and is somehow in big trouble. I wonder if she got abducted and Haruto was left to create a new formation and e expansion of new jior happened. Then, they got an invitation from Dorusia concerning the magius and Cain made a proposal and an offer to L Elf that he can't refuse then, he went back to being a soldier. Well, these are all specs.
Wasn't that Saki? I believe it was her, since she along with Inuzuma and Thunder got taken. After this, they reach the moon, since Dorssia got what they wanted. They don't need to take the prime minister of a make-shift country, so Shoko's safe. Plus, she's in the Valvrave with Akira.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibikiwi View Post
I think it's way too early to speculate as to whom Shouko will end up with. I don't think the interactions between Shouko and L-Elf are enough to potentially have them end up together, afterall it has been said that L-Elf's actions are motivated by the princess and he does hold affection for her (as to what kind of affection he has for her, we don't know yet), but if looking at her photo is enough to make him cry, then I think she must be pretty important for him. Just gonna have to wait until the second season to find out.
She is important and alive. There was data on it in another thread from a magazine that she was imprisoned after the Fuhrer seized power. Someone from the staff said that we've already seen L-elf cold and indifferent, but prepare to see a different side of him when she's around. Which thread was it? I'll try to find it.
Old 2013-07-18, 11:56   Link #326
Chibikiwi

I saw that on the L-Elf thread. Probably the third page.
Old 2013-07-18, 11:58   Link #327
Chibikiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I wouldn't say it's too early to speculate but it's probably too early to say for sure who Shoko will end up with (if anyone). Even some of the potential hints I've considered can be interpreted or used to set up something other than a possible romance. Heck, I wasn't even surprised when L-Elf pulled the gun in ep. 11 since that was one of the other possibilities I considered (and who's to say we won't see a repeat with different results later).

I just want Shoko to get more development and find happiness once this is all over.
ooops meant to say to early to say not speculate, sorry guys. Was trying to find the right words to use.
Old 2013-07-18, 16:41   Link #328
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Wasn't that Saki? I believe it was her, since she along with Inuzuma and Thunder got taken. After this, they reach the moon, since Dorssia got what they wanted. They don't need to take the prime minister of a make-shift country, so Shoko's. . .

I believe it's Seto Asami's voice. That's why I am also wondering to why they kept on saying that it was Rukino's.

Or it could be that the information from the sub is a different matter concerning neither of them, regarding the voice. Still am pretty sure tha's Shoko or I am simply wrong.
Old 2013-07-19, 09:02   Link #329
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
I believe it's Seto Asami's voice. That's why I am also wondering to why they kept on saying that it was Rukino's.

Or it could be that the information from the sub is a different matter concerning neither of them, regarding the voice. Still am pretty sure tha's Shoko or I am simply wrong.
I thought it was Saki who was saying the name of Haruto. Do not think it's the voice of Asami Seto.
Old 2013-07-19, 09:38   Link #330
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
I thought it was Saki who was saying the name of Haruto. Do not think it's the voice of Asami Seto.
Asami Seto's voice is BEFORE sentence starting with Haruto.
Old 2013-07-19, 15:10   Link #331
Key Board
Carbon

some say it's Lieselotte
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-07-19, 22:59   Link #332
Destined_Fate

Do we even have her older adult voice down yet?

One other news we should move this to a more appropriate topic since this is supposed to be about Shoko.
Old 2013-07-20, 08:50   Link #333
Fjoergyn

Voice of the princess if it sounds more absurd. On another subject I thought that the reasons for L-Elf can not only linked to the princess, I think seeking information about the death of their parents or if Cain had a hand in his murder.

And if you really loses his memory and forgets haruto, then it would be the perfect excuse for her to become interested in L-Elf. Prefer another twist xD

Last edited by Fjoergyn; 2013-07-20 at 09:05.
Old 2013-07-20, 13:39   Link #334
Destined_Fate

That would be a con out in my opinion. Shoko should be able to choose rightfully with her memories in tact on who she wants. Erasing Haruto would cheapen her getting with L-Elf because there would always be doubt if she didn't lose her memories. It's why I don't support amnesia, let Shoko choose with her heart and mind for true.
Old 2013-07-20, 15:40   Link #335
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

How about just kill her off? She is the least interesting and most useless out of the main 4. Her death will man up Haruto and L-Elf will no longer babysit her no more. I can't see her do anything in s2 but a hinder to L-Elf and Haruto.
Old 2013-07-20, 16:02   Link #336
Kurohane

^ Or it'll turn him into an emotional wreck. It won't do any good to kill her off, only make things more complicated.
Old 2013-07-20, 17:05   Link #337
Key Board
Carbon

Shoko's not going to die, but Lieselotte is.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-07-20, 18:34   Link #338
Irenesharda

We've hardly met Lieselotte, what makes you think she's going to die? She's as of right now, either putting off a "Lacus" vibe or a "Nunnally" vibe. I highly doubt that she'll die, at least as off what we know about her right now.

As for Shoko, though she didn't die at the end of the first season like I thought, I still think she has too many checks against her to call her "safe" just yet. It is rather suspicious that we do hear her voice, but have absolutely no scenes with her in the preview. Not even one with her in the background. I am not sure if she will die or not. That's up in the air for me. I highly doubt she becomes a pilot or a magius, but she might continue in politics?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-20, 18:44   Link #339
Fjoergyn

I do not think Shoko will die and the princess, so far has had no role in the story as to think that next season there will be more space for it.
Old 2013-07-20, 20:58   Link #340
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
How about just kill her off? She is the least interesting and most useless out of the main 4. Her death will man up Haruto and L-Elf will no longer babysit her no more. I can't see her do anything in s2 but a hinder to L-Elf and Haruto.
It's almost like you've completely ignored the story setup for the character. At least her development isn't dependent on her romantic entanglements with Haruto.

Quote:
Shoko's not going to die, but Lieselotte is.
Much like with Shoko I find the Lieselotte is going to die (because she's L-Elf's light) speculation boring as hell. There's so much more interesting possibilities for the plot if the character stays alive in my opinion; especially if it turns out that she isn't as sweet and innocent as fandom seems to believe.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters