AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-18, 22:37   Link #781
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think so. And I think the surprise is based on one (or both) of two possibilities:

1. Izuru got involved in a battle between one hunter and his prey (lambata? or something like that, IIRC). Perhaps that's a big cultural taboo for the Wulgaru. The only thing comparable to that is how Ange briefly got mixed up in the most recent Izuru vs. Jiart struggle, but perhaps that doesn't count because Ange didn't successfully break up the struggle, while Izuru was successful here.

2. Izuru is a Wulgaru. They're only now learning of this based on the recon work done in this episode. So Izuru may well be a traitor to the Wulgaru, but one even worse than Theodoria, since he's actually getting directly involved in the fights themselves as a combatant.
My thing is that they know Red 5 comes out at almost every battle so why be surprised? Of course the humans wouldn't operate on their traditions, since they don't know them!
Also, other than Purple Leader choosing Black 6, none of the other leaders have actually chosen a lambata. Orange Leader hasn't chosen anyone and after he finished what he was trying to do, he simply switched out with Green Leader. Green Leader did talk about a lambata, but he was talking about Izuru who is Jiart's lambata. So, really, no one has interfered with anyone else's prey.

As for Izuru being a Wulgaru, I've suspected that since Teoria said they were childhood friends. So that might be true.
However, they say right after that the humans don't operate by their morals. So what did the humans do that made them question humanity's morals?
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:41   Link #782
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

This thing they're talking about with the AHSMB short-circuiting it's pilot's personality could actually be a valid explanation as to what happened to Ange. The Dark half of her could actually be Black 6. She just fell victim to it before Izuru did.

Even Izuru seems to be starting to shift back and forth now. There was that scene after he had returned back to his original self that he says "If I was out there, those enemies would be..." and then looks startled as if he never expected himself to say something that bold and vindictive. In fact the look of his eyes even changed from the darker piercing look, back to his wide-eyed original face.

It would be really interesting if all the AHSMB's personalities are beginning to imprint on their pilots. It would be the first set of mecha team pilots where all the members had multiple personalities.
And the fact that Ange was trained to be a super elite pilot probably also explains why Ange was effected faster then the others, we know that whenever Ange enters battle he/she gets pretty high Harmonic levels which seem to be the trigger for the AHSMB's personality taking over.

Izuru being the leader and the group getting more and more actual combat experience, it's not surprising that Izuru would be next, that talk from Theoria seemed to help as well.

I do find it interesting that this didn't seem to be a problem when Tamaki's Harmonic levels rose, but perhaps in her case they just didn't rise high enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think so. And I think the surprise is based on one (or both) of two possibilities:

1. Izuru got involved in a battle between one hunter and his prey (lambata? or something like that, IIRC). Perhaps that's a big cultural taboo for the Wulgaru. The only thing comparable to that is how Ange briefly got mixed up in the most recent Izuru vs. Jiart struggle, but perhaps that doesn't count because Ange didn't successfully break up the struggle, while Izuru was successful here.

2. Izuru is a Wulgaru. They're only now learning of this based on the recon work done in this episode. So Izuru may well be a traitor to the Wulgaru, but one even worse than Theodoria, since he's actually getting directly involved in the fights themselves as a combatant.
I'm betting on reason number one, simple because in an earlier episode when the Wulgaru elite were having another meeting, the one Jiart was late to, two of the characters kept pressing him for who his lamata was, and he refused to tell them. One of them comments that if they don't know who it is they may accidentally kill him, and Jiart's response is if that happens then he wasn't worthy to be his lamata. So I get the impression that the Wulgaru pick a lamata and then it's kind of hands off, and perhaps they thought the humans were the same.
Cloudedmind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:47   Link #783
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
The whole lamata thing's funny. The wulgaru seems to only choose people they THINK they could defeat with some effort, but never try to fight someone who is stronger than them. They run away whenever they meet a stronger foe.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 22:56   Link #784
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I do find it interesting that this didn't seem to be a problem when Tamaki's Harmonic levels rose, but perhaps in her case they just didn't rise high enough.
Well, it could be that Rose 3 is just as ditzy as her pilot...
However, Tamaki did show more strength and tenacity in that she wouldn't give up even when her machine was overheating. Perhaps if she had continued, her harmonics would have reached the level where Rose 3's mind would have taken over?
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:02   Link #785
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, it could be that Rose 3 is just as ditzy as her pilot...
However, Tamaki did show more strength and tenacity in that she wouldn't give up even when her machine was overheating. Perhaps if she had continued, her harmonics would have reached the level where Rose 3's mind would have taken over?
Haha, that wouldn't surprise me at all. Ditzy Tamaki, and a ditzy Rose 3, a match made in heaven.

Hopefully this will be something that they will continue to explore with the rest of the pilots now. Maybe Asagi will be next considering the next episode seems to focus on him. Also Asagi's my favorite character, so I want to see what his power up mode looks like. Which is another thing, I wonder if they all have power up modes or is it just Izuru...guess we'll have to wait and find out.
Cloudedmind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:07   Link #786
waffler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
i dunno about anyone else but i prefer only izuru to be able to power up that way he can have some unique power that make him stand out as main char xD
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:11   Link #787
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Well, I don't know about that. They all really need to have some characterization. They've been generic and underdeveloped for half the series, it's really time for them to develop more now.

Izuru has had more development than anyone else. He already stands out as the MC. However, his status as MC shouldn't take away from the development of his supporting characters.

I think it would be kind of cool for the others to have power-ups too. Usually the MC gets the first and most powerful power-up, but the other characters will get later power-ups that can help in the battle so they don't seem as if they are slowing everyone else down.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 02:26   Link #788
SQA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Haha, that wouldn't surprise me at all. Ditzy Tamaki, and a ditzy Rose 3, a match made in heaven.

Hopefully this will be something that they will continue to explore with the rest of the pilots now. Maybe Asagi will be next considering the next episode seems to focus on him. Also Asagi's my favorite character, so I want to see what his power up mode looks like. Which is another thing, I wonder if they all have power up modes or is it just Izuru...guess we'll have to wait and find out.
The mechas themselves have effectively "copies" of the base personality of the characters in them. Which would explain Tamaki when her levels rose super high: she's just as much of a ditz as in person.

I'm curious what Asagi might turn into, especially given the stomach aliment.


On the episode itself, another call out to Team Doberman's instinctive nature to Death Flag themselves. And their complete genre savvy at the fact they're up to it. Plus, battle field promotions! (Which is why the joke about "dying" worked, but you have to know the context of a bunch of those historical stories)
SQA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 04:40   Link #789
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, I don't know about that. They all really need to have some characterization. They've been generic and underdeveloped for half the series, it's really time for them to develop more now.

Izuru has had more development than anyone else. He already stands out as the MC. However, his status as MC shouldn't take away from the development of his supporting characters.

I think it would be kind of cool for the others to have power-ups too. Usually the MC gets the first and most powerful power-up, but the other characters will get later power-ups that can help in the battle so they don't seem as if they are slowing everyone else down.
A bit dull as the MC--which could be applied to characters in general of this series
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 04:51   Link #790
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I think that's pretty much point. Aside of mindwipe and mecha piloting he is normal teenage boy. All of them are normal teenagers. That's also why we get so much slice-of-life like episodes.

Screw protagonists with deep traumas, father complexes and histerical pacifists.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 06:40   Link #791
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think that's pretty much point. Aside of mindwipe and mecha piloting he is normal teenage boy. All of them are normal teenagers. That's also why we get so much slice-of-life like episodes.

Screw protagonists with deep traumas, father complexes and histerical pacifists.
Still doesn't explain how willing they are at fighting for earth. They are child soldiers after all. They don't seem resentful, even a little, at being pressed into service. Doesn't seem real. I know they were born and specifically conditioned to be soldiers but it's really odd that there doesn't seem to be any bitterness. I know Izuru wants to be a hero, but it doesn't really explain why the others are so willing to fight at all.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 07:34   Link #792
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
This bit was brilliant, but at least she didnt offer them pineapple salad...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

How much longer can Team Doberman dodge the flags like that?
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 07:37   Link #793
SQA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
This bit was brilliant, but at least she didnt offer them pineapple salad...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

How much longer can Team Doberman dodge the flags like that?
Team Doberman is more likely to survive than the main cast. They have to go that far with the Death Flag mockery.
SQA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 09:34   Link #794
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 28
The comedy was great this week. I was slightly disappointed Pimp Izuru didn't get to interact with Ange. I'm sure that would have been just as funny as the other sequences. He might have also been able to find out her gender.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 09:48   Link #795
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Still doesn't explain how willing they are at fighting for earth. They are child soldiers after all. They don't seem resentful, even a little, at being pressed into service. Doesn't seem real. I know they were born and specifically conditioned to be soldiers but it's really odd that there doesn't seem to be any bitterness. I know Izuru wants to be a hero, but it doesn't really explain why the others are so willing to fight at all.
More like, they don’t have a choice nor alternative life but to fight since their memories before entering school is wiped out. MJP and its people is all they have and fighting for it is what they are needed to do. So, they might as well try to enjoy it while they’re at it. Also, just as you said, they’re just kids. What do you expect those kids to do against the government even if they don’t feel that strongly about fighting?

Speaking of which, did you just skipped the episode where Team Rabbit got upset with how that stupid commander treating them like a set of expensive meat raised only to fight? So yeah, I think the series already showed enough of Team Rabbits anxiety of their current predicament if you actually paid attention. Right now, they’re just enjoying what they got.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 11:28   Link #796
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The comedy was great this week. I was slightly disappointed Pimp Izuru didn't get to interact with Ange. I'm sure that would have been just as funny as the other sequences. He might have also been able to find out her gender.
don't think so that izuru even got asagi and suruga to blush, so i am pretty sure it can be said that when izuru is like that his appeal isn't gender based
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 13:54   Link #797
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Images
Determining Ange's gender Rated X
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 15:17   Link #798
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think that's pretty much point. Aside of mindwipe and mecha piloting he is normal teenage boy. All of them are normal teenagers. That's also why we get so much slice-of-life like episodes.

Screw protagonists with deep traumas, father complexes and histerical pacifists.
Well, it's a war mecha so that kind of comes part and parcel. And actually, they are even dull for supposed "normal" teens. And really they aren't that since they are genetically engineered child soldiers who belong to the military with not much possibility of a future outside of that. So, no, they're really not normal teens.

They've been dull and generic for the entire first half, and it was only with the arrival of Ange that we're beginning to get some larger advancements in the plot and a bit more character development.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 15:39   Link #799
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Ok, so just cause they are geneticaly engeneered and Belong to military we should get bunch of sociopath who doesn't cook, aren't geeks, covert perverts and hero fanboys? They are young, trying enjoy what they can and deal with own problems which is far more than most mecha pilots were ever able (They are too busy with angsting).

They act as normal teenagers so I threat them like ones. So does many characters in show.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-07-19 at 15:59.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 21:37   Link #800
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
More like, they don’t have a choice nor alternative life but to fight since their memories before entering school is wiped out. MJP and its people is all they have and fighting for it is what they are needed to do. So, they might as well try to enjoy it while they’re at it. Also, just as you said, they’re just kids. What do you expect those kids to do against the government even if they don’t feel that strongly about fighting?

Speaking of which, did you just skipped the episode where Team Rabbit got upset with how that stupid commander treating them like a set of expensive meat raised only to fight? So yeah, I think the series already showed enough of Team Rabbits anxiety of their current predicament if you actually paid attention. Right now, they’re just enjoying what they got.
They do have their constitutional rights you know. They were illegally conscripted. It's surprising to know that no one protested when the kids first made their debut. The way I see it they are way TOO content about fighting and they don't seem to have any plans about what happens after the fighting's over. I know fighting's necessary for the safety of mankind but they are simply WAY TOO CONTENT.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.