AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-22, 09:05   Link #321
Gohan78
Awakened One
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Northern Italy
I have a question for the novel readers: who were those 7 weirdos who captured and tortured HH? The anime seemed to imply that they met HH before but he forgot about the event because he died "under extreme trauma". What did they want from him?
__________________
Tibi, magnum Innominandum,
signa stellarum nigrarum
et bufaniformis Sadoquae sigilim.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 09:12   Link #322
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Again, HH did not choose to die that time. However, once dead it is not acceptable to continue living. Not only does HH know this, but the gravekeepers, Julie, and the villagers do as well. The dead having to pass on is not only Humpnie's opinion.

That is precisely why the villagers kept Ai in the dark - they knew what they were doing was a farce.

Scar being an experienced gravekeeper would never allow HH to stay for long, and Ai herself knew it wasn't right to ignore his death, which is why she did not voice her desire to stay with her father forever.

You claim that it's irresponsible for Humpnie to leave his daughter, but it's a logical fallacy to treat his inevitable burial as something equivalent to suicide. He devoted an entire day to spending time with his daughter after death to show that he did have a desire to stay with her.
It can also be seen as selfish to overstay your welcome. When your time has come, your time has come. No one wants a Matou Zouken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I have a question for the novel readers: who were those 7 weirdos who captured and tortured HH? The anime seemed to imply that they met HH before but he forgot about the event because he died "under extreme trauma". What did they want from him?
They were who they stated they were: fanatic stalkers. They were talking about why Humpnie didn't remember how he was captured or kidnapped.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 10:00   Link #323
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Again, HH did not choose to die that time. However, once dead it is not acceptable to continue living. Not only does HH know this, but the gravekeepers, Julie, and the villagers do as well. The dead having to pass on is not only Humpnie's opinion.

That is precisely why the villagers kept Ai in the dark - they knew what they were doing was a farce.

Scar being an experienced gravekeeper would never allow HH to stay for long, and Ai herself knew it wasn't right to ignore his death, which is why she did not voice her desire to stay with her father forever.
That is true....hmm...I guess I feel a little better about it if you put it that way.

I guess I'm just mad at the studio then...for leading us on.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 10:31   Link #324
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Plimoth
Age: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Well it looks like waiting for the CR version of this episode I definitely spoiled myself.
I'm worried that this will become a pattern since CR delays the "simulcast." As far as I could tell, comments about episode three started appearing as soon as the show aired, and certainly in advance of even the first English fansub. Some "helpful" novel readers added some additional information about HH above that I didn't want to know either.

So I've pretty much decided to avoid this thread until at least the CR release appears. I don't see any other solution to this problem because I'm sure people who watch raws/subs won't wait until Tuesday to post.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 10:54   Link #325
TheEroKing
Version Zero
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
__________________
TheEroKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 11:33   Link #326
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Dude, you are not making this any easier!

*saves to hd regardless*
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 12:04   Link #327
TheEroKing
Version Zero
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Here's a nicer one.
__________________
TheEroKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 12:40   Link #328
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
.......that reminds me...Hana kept being referred to as "with brown hair" and Ai has the same hair color as her mom...

BUT THAT IS NOT BROWN. It's not even light brown! It looks strawberry-blonde to me. Am I the only one? It's practically orange. And in the drawing of the ED, it looks straight-up blonde.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 12:59   Link #329
TheEroKing
Version Zero
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing

It does look like orange in proper sunlight. However I stopped questioning about hair colors after first seeing girls in anime with pink, green, blue, purple and more
__________________
TheEroKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 13:29   Link #330
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
It's probably an adaption dye job........is what I would say...but it looks freaking orange in the LN artwork as well.
I'm fine with it btw.
Brown hair in anime is so boring. And it would not suit her nearly as well, especially with her outfit's color scheme.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 13:49   Link #331
Flower
Celestial operations....
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Dilapidated Astronomy Observatory...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Here's a nicer one.
Wow ... kudos to you - that really is a very nice pic of Ai.

That being said, I must say that the first arc was a lot more moving than I thought it would be. This series has definitely hooked me. Very, very well done so far.

And ... well, I must admit I also teared up when Ai was weeping at the grave of her father.
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 13:56   Link #332
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I'm more in favor of this one:



Like the style more. I'd draw her myself...if I had the time.
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 14:52   Link #333
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm worried that this will become a pattern since CR delays the "simulcast." As far as I could tell, comments about episode three started appearing as soon as the show aired, and certainly in advance of even the first English fansub. Some "helpful" novel readers added some additional information about HH above that I didn't want to know either.

So I've pretty much decided to avoid this thread until at least the CR release appears. I don't see any other solution to this problem because I'm sure people who watch raws/subs won't wait until Tuesday to post.
I would have avoided the thread if I had known when the RAW was airing but I didn't. Hopefully I will remember to stay away starting Sundays from now on.
__________________
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 16:02   Link #334
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It can also be seen as selfish to overstay your welcome. When your time has come, your time has come. No one wants a Matou Zouken.
Maybe, maybe not. I would imagine it's not atypical for gravekeepers to allow the undead a short grace period before their eventual burials.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 16:27   Link #335
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
That's exactly what happened. HH got one day and went.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 18:38   Link #336
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Maybe, maybe not. I would imagine it's not atypical for gravekeepers to allow the undead a short grace period before their eventual burials.
Yes, and Kizuna was given one.

But I highly doubt he would have been allowed to stay indefinitely just to take care of Ai. The villagers may have tried to do so, but even they knew being dead was wrong (which is why they tried to hide it).
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 18:45   Link #337
Flower
Celestial operations....
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Dilapidated Astronomy Observatory...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Yes, and Kizuna was given one.

But I highly doubt he would have been allowed to stay indefinitely just to take care of Ai. The villagers may have tried to do so, but even they knew being dead was wrong (which is why they tried to hide it).
And not only wrong, but also possibly endangering of Ai should one of them "slip" and descend into "animal mode"....
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 18:49   Link #338
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I would have avoided the thread if I had known when the RAW was airing but I didn't. Hopefully I will remember to stay away starting Sundays from now on.
So I guess we can say that this will be...

... a Sunday without Kirarakim.

*rimshot* (Or not )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Again, HH did not choose to die that time. However, once dead it is not acceptable to continue living. Not only does HH know this, but the gravekeepers, Julie, and the villagers do as well. The dead having to pass on is not only Humpnie's opinion.

That is precisely why the villagers kept Ai in the dark - they knew what they were doing was a farce.

Scar being an experienced gravekeeper would never allow HH to stay for long, and Ai herself knew it wasn't right to ignore his death, which is why she did not voice her desire to stay with her father forever.

You claim that it's irresponsible for Humpnie to leave his daughter, but it's a logical fallacy to treat his inevitable burial as something equivalent to suicide. He devoted an entire day to spending time with his daughter after death to show that he did have a desire to stay with her.
It can also be seen as selfish to overstay your welcome. When your time has come, your time has come. No one wants a Matou Zouken.
No offense, but I don't see any real moral logic behind any of this. Morality is, for the most part, guidelines to avoid bringing harm to, or taking away from, other people. If the dead lingering on for a while longer doesn't bring any harm to anyone, then what's the moral reasoning for condemning them for doing so? "When your time has come, your time has come" and "Once dead it is not acceptable to continue living" aren't self-explanatory statements; they amount basically to "It's wrong because it's wrong."
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 20:09   Link #339
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
No offense, but I don't see any real moral logic behind any of this. Morality is, for the most part, guidelines to avoid bringing harm to, or taking away from, other people. If the dead lingering on for a while longer doesn't bring any harm to anyone, then what's the moral reasoning for condemning them for doing so? "When your time has come, your time has come" and "Once dead it is not acceptable to continue living" aren't self-explanatory statements; they amount basically to "It's wrong because it's wrong."
First your reasoning of "it's fine as long as it doesn't bring any harm to anyone" is a also fallacy.

Suppose a husband loses his wife, but he wishes to keep her corpse within their home because he does not wish to part with her. He dresses her body, bathes with her, and even sleeps with her to relive those golden days. Do you think it's right? After all, he's not hurting anyone!


Second, there are these religious ideas called salvation and the afterlife. If you're so insistent on justifying something with a negative (the lack of harm), then the harm from leaving them alone is that you are preventing them from moving on. If Julie had not buried his daughter and let her "live", she would have been unable to grow physically or mentally either way. Her body would continue to rot, and her mind would continue to degenerate. All that is gained from leaving her be is a fleeting existence.

Finally, the point behind the show is not whether you believe dying without passing on is wrong, but that the characters do. Even in the case of the villagers who did live long past their deaths for Ai's sake, it's hinted from Yoki and Anna's conversations that they do feel guilt and know what they're doing is wrong. If the characters legitimately believed they were doing nothing wrong, then they would have had no need to hide the fact that they were dead from Ai. Likewise, if Julie didn't believe in the importance of passing on, he wouldn't have had his daughter buried.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 20:13   Link #340
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
First your reasoning of "it's fine as long as it doesn't bring any harm to anyone" is a also fallacy.

Suppose a husband loses his wife, but he wishes to keep her corpse within their home because he does not wish to part with her. He dresses her body, bathes with her, and even sleeps with her to relive those golden days. Do you think it's right? After all, he's not hurting anyone!
That's a far enough cry from the situation presented in the show that it's not particularly relevant as an analogy... and if you made that earlier post with religious ideas in mind, that's a legitimate point and I understand where you're coming from now.
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, mystery

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.