AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-06, 15:36   Link #121
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
I don't think they'll use the ultimate hack MS's.. Something like Turn A probably won't make an appearance.. And if it does, then I guess they'll try to balance it with something thats equally powerful.

And all the other powerful suits (strong, but not 00 or Turn A's level of hack) like Double X, S-Freedom, Wing Zero etc will not be piloted by their original super pilots, so they'll probably be weaker..
I guess the other factor is that they can probably choose the stage. I doubt some fighter would be foolish enough to use a non-flight-capable model in an open field against a flight-capable model unless the former has high agility.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 18:59   Link #122
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
I don't think they'll use the ultimate hack MS's.. Something like Turn A probably won't make an appearance.. And if it does, then I guess they'll try to balance it with something thats equally powerful.

And all the other powerful suits (strong, but not 00 or Turn A's level of hack) like Double X, S-Freedom, Wing Zero etc will not be piloted by their original super pilots, so they'll probably be weaker..
The thing is, this show is about Gunpla, not Gundam. I doubt we'll see in-show "hack" abilities, like 00R/00Q's quantization/teleportation ability, or Nadleeh/Seraphim's Trial System, if you get my drift. It's like I could use a HG Reborns and say, oh, it's actually using real GN Drives, therefore it has the ability to quantize! Etc. Or for that matter, Nu/Unicorn's psycho-field, the list goes on. So even if any of these "hack" MS's are used, I doubt they'll retain their in-show "hack" abilities. This is probably good ol' Gundam vs Gundam, no hack abilities whatsoever.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 21:05   Link #123
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
LoL.. If you guys though that the 00 days were turbulent, you should have been here when the 2nd and 3rd act of Destiny was airing. each day 10 new threads would op up, each filed with wall-text posts (we could make or own threads back then).

And the "big guys" here back then scared the shit out of me. They didn't have much love for the noobs, So I didn't register untill 2006.. Even tough I was shadowing this forum since 2003.
Back then i LIVED for the big bad wolf, lol...sighs...

Quote:
I wish I could hyperlink you guys to all the shitstorm that toke place at that time, but (un)fortunately almost everything was lost in that server hack back in 2006. The Gundam fandom on the internet has somewhat declined since that time.. That's when we had the most activity in this and many other Gundam related forums.
Yes I do feel sad for many of you who missed out on those days...That was the most epic slice of epic epic post battles ever...It's where my internet glory was created^^...

The forum was hacked in Dec. 2005 and GSD ended in Oct. 2005 so you should be able to search for it...

(on a side-note I had 3 rep-dots pre-hack and got 7 more after the hack so i would have had 10 rep dots had that infinite injustice not happened, but some ginormous fascist deemed rep points no longer valid here so summarily ignore this please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
`1
I think the lack of shit storm is kinda worrying imo
That's called apathy...
Old 2013-07-06, 21:56   Link #124
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I think the lack of shit storm is kinda worrying imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That's called apathy...
Lack of shit-storm by Japanese audience might be worrying, but I find the lack of shit-storm by foreign audience like us refreshing (since Bandai don’t care about us, anyway). Any number of complains and bashing from us will change nothing (look at SEED Destiny), so I’m glad that some people who dislike GBF's premise from the get-go decided to just give up on watching-and-bashing and save everybody’s time. I don’t know about others, but I certainly don’t want to have “Aku no Hana’s rotoscope shit-storm” happen to GBF thread. Now we can have healthy discussions and healthy debates from those who actually accept the show for what it is.
Old 2013-07-06, 22:22   Link #125
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^ If rep-points were still (rightly)available I would have gooded you saying:

"I see what you just did with that post...will it work?"
Old 2013-07-07, 07:14   Link #126
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
The thing is, this show is about Gunpla, not Gundam. I doubt we'll see in-show "hack" abilities, like 00R/00Q's quantization/teleportation ability, or Nadleeh/Seraphim's Trial System, if you get my drift. It's like I could use a HG Reborns and say, oh, it's actually using real GN Drives, therefore it has the ability to quantize! Etc. Or for that matter, Nu/Unicorn's psycho-field, the list goes on. So even if any of these "hack" MS's are used, I doubt they'll retain their in-show "hack" abilities. This is probably good ol' Gundam vs Gundam, no hack abilities whatsoever.

That's a good point. you are right, they don't necessarily have to stay truthful to the source material at all.. But I do hope they keep some of the characteristic features of the Super mecha's.. ∀ wouldn't be ∀ without Moonlight Butterfly.
Old 2013-07-07, 09:44   Link #127
galdr

The abilities will be 'balanced' just like in video game.

From example in Dynasty Warriors Gundam, we have Char's Zaku fight equally against God Gundam and Nu-Gundam's psychoframe negate Turn-A's Moonlight Butterfly.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 09:51   Link #128
DuelGundam2099

Oh people and their silly balance card.
Quote:
since Bandai don’t care about us, anyway
Oh they care to some degree, just not as much as Japan. Think of it this way: Japan is their main salary income, foreign audiences are the occasional holiday bonus.

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 00:14   Link #129
Admiral Larsen

Quote:
LoL.. If you guys though that the 00 days were turbulent, you should have been here when the 2nd and 3rd act of Destiny was airing. each day 10 new threads would op up, each filed with wall-text posts (we could make or own threads back then).

And the "big guys" here back then scared the shit out of me. They didn't have much love for the noobs, So I didn't register untill 2006.. Even tough I was shadowing this forum since 2003.

I wish I could hyperlink you guys to all the shitstorm that toke place at that time, but (un)fortunately almost everything was lost in that server hack back in 2006. The Gundam fandom on the internet has somewhat declined since that time.. That's when we had the most activity in this and many other Gundam related forums.
I can attest to that as I witnessed some of it myself on the other forms during the days from 2002 to 2005 (during the time of the CE era). What happened on those forums was...well I'll leave it to your imagination.
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 12:00   Link #130
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Larsen View Post
I can attest to that as I witnessed some of it myself on the other forms during the days from 2002 to 2005 (during the time of the CE era). What happened on those forums was...well I'll leave it to your imagination.

I can't remember 2002.. I don't think Gundam was that big in 2002. Gundam fans back then consisted of a small group of old school otaku who watched Gundam on VHS (yeah ,they were that old), and the Wing fans (my generation).

In 2003 SEED happened and a lot of pople who never watched Gundam saw it for the first time.. It quickly became the most popular Anime on the internet.

Towards the end of 2004, the much anticipated Destiny started airing with huge expectations. And here on Animesuki.. Well.. Basically this happened for the next two years:

... ahh good times, good times.

Now getting back to BF, who is going to do the BGM?
Old 2013-07-11, 03:19   Link #131
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
i wonder which time frame would this fit in Gunpla Builders Begining?
GYROZETTER
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 22:47   Link #132
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i wonder which time frame would this fit in Gunpla Builders Begining?
May be a whole separate storyline for all we know, but its most likely set in Anno Domini

If its the same storyline probably somewhere between 30-100 years later at most, who knows, thats just my guess based on the type of tech they used for the battle sims

I would love to live in this gundam timeline lol, would give me extra incentive to get more models (and avoid colony drops XD)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 02:13   Link #133
Dark Wing

I feel this is a much better way to get people to check out older gundam titles rather than creating a new Gundam, but then constantly having to insert themes, character archetypes, plot points from older Gundam shows. Someone would see an older design, with new animation and go "hey what's that thing, looks cool! which gundam series is that from?" and proceed to go check it out.
Old 2013-07-26, 01:05   Link #134
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I thought this would suck at first.

After the PV? At least worth a shot.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 20:11   Link #135
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

That Asymmetrical Wing Gundam looks like a joke.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 11:20   Link #136
gordol

new Gundam based on the MKII

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 21:27   Link #137
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

It looks good. I dig it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 03:44   Link #138
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Official Cast and Staff list

Our lead hero is gonna be voiced by SPACE PIRATE KATO MARIKA

It is interesting though how the two male leads are both voiced by females Note that this isn't the first time a male Gundam lead has been voiced by a female (ex. Loran Cehack), but having the three main characters voiced by females, with two of the characters being male no less, is an odd turn.

Finally... Kousaka China gets MIKASA ACKERMAN as VA

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-08-09 at 03:55.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 03:52   Link #139
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
The lack of information is disturbing. I thought they would want to push this one more.
Old 2013-08-09, 03:57   Link #140
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
The lack of information is disturbing. I thought they would want to push this one more.
That's true, information on this is quite scant despite it airing only two months from now (the latest info pins an October 7 air date). On the other hand, it's not really the kind of series that requires an in-depth pre-airing infodump.

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen