AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-23, 04:48   Link #30261
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Not really fond of the back skirt on the Proto Zero, maybe just cause it's a little bland.
But other than that I really do quite like the look of it all and the flight mode looks great.

But dat sexy Gold Frame!
Where's my MG GOLD FRAME!?
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 05:10   Link #30262
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia


The bird mode of the Proto Zero looks good and massive. I hope it hold itself together well in the final product. Also, I notice that Bandai still can’t pull off Wing Zero’s “foot sliding into legs when in Bird-mode” mechanism in MG (even though they can do it with the HG kits). Meh, never mind. Might as well perfected the mechanism before they release the true MG Wing Zero (I’m still hoping here).
__________________________________________



I like that now we can have a model of Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Ghina custom (without the high-heels ).
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 05:16   Link #30263
Appel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Not really fond of the back skirt on the Proto Zero, maybe just cause it's a little bland.
But other than that I really do quite like the look of it all and the flight mode looks great.

But dat sexy Gold Frame!
Where's my MG GOLD FRAME!?
I do like it as well but I would still have prefered the regular TV version^^ But this is better than nothing I guess!
As for the neo bird mode... Naa. Not a fan of that. I don't like that the back just has the legs sticking out like that. Almost all transforming suits have that kind of design and I just can't get warm with it.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 06:43   Link #30264
Providenceangle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
I do like it as well but I would still have prefered the regular TV version^^ But this is better than nothing I guess!
As for the neo bird mode... Naa. Not a fan of that. I don't like that the back just has the legs sticking out like that. Almost all transforming suits have that kind of design and I just can't get warm with it.
MG Wing gundam did a good job in my opinion. It can function well as both, birdmode and MS. It looks like the proto will pull it off as well. The real question is... Are they going to recycle the old MG inner frame(MG Wing zero), on this kit?

Also I agree with you on the 3.0. It's cool to build the inner frame. It does take a lot of patience though. I wouldn't want to have to build the 3.0 or MG Nu Ver KA as my first kit... lol
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 08:38   Link #30265
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The bird mode of the Proto Zero looks good and massive. I hope it hold itself together well in the final product. Also, I notice that Bandai still can’t pull off Wing Zero’s “foot sliding into legs when in Bird-mode” mechanism in MG (even though they can do it with the HG kits). Meh, never mind. Might as well perfected the mechanism before they release the true MG Wing Zero (I’m still hoping here).
The old 1/100 HG and the 1/144 could only do that because they had to completely give up on making the foot poseable. I still remember my old 1/144 having horrid ankle movement, and unfortunately the 1/100 uses a similar mechanism.

From the pic, the MG Wing Zero looks like it changes the mechanism so the foot simple collapses unto itself like with the Wing Gundam, and then it retracts inside the leg.

Speaking of the Wing Gundam:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RIGHT IN MY NOSTALGIAS ;-;

The MG Wing is nice, but I really do want it in 1/144 afterall.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."

Last edited by james0246; 2013-07-24 at 08:28.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 09:19   Link #30266
Providenceangle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Speaking of the Wing Gundam:
http://i.imgur.com/yagYWyW.jpg
RIGHT IN MY NOSTALGIAS ;-;

The MG Wing is nice, but I really do want it in 1/144 afterall.
I wish they had had this shoulder position on the MG Wing. It just looks far more badass.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 16:13   Link #30267
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
From the pic, the MG Wing Zero looks like it changes the mechanism so the foot simple collapses unto itself like with the Wing Gundam, and then it retracts inside the leg.
Sorry, I didn't see any MG Wing Zero in any pic. All I see is a MG Wing Zero-wannabe called Proto Zero .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The MG Wing is nice, but I really do want it in 1/144 afterall.
Let's hope that the yellow parts aren't stickers .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 16:38   Link #30268
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Sorry, I didn't see any MG Wing Zero in any pic. All I see is a MG Wing Zero-wannabe called Proto Zero .

Let's hope that the yellow parts aren't stickers .
Given the color separation on the HGxx (AU kits). I highly doubt that they are stickers
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 19:32   Link #30269
Providenceangle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Yeah MG Strike RM is badass...

Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 00:45   Link #30270
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Aannnnndddd the HG Amatsu with the gold (non puke variety?) is a P-Bandai Exclusive...

Go figure.........

The standard release one leaves alot to be desired in the gold......

Looking at it more optimistically at least we have both options in HG.......
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 06:10   Link #30271
firefox
Seed seeder
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The country of beer !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Aannnnndddd the HG Amatsu with the gold (non puke variety?) is a P-Bandai Exclusive...

Go figure.........

The standard release one leaves alot to be desired in the gold......

Looking at it more optimistically at least we have both options in HG.......
Welcome to astray fan rip off part 1
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 09:20   Link #30272
Providenceangle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 29
I wonder how much detail will be in the RG Strike Freedom?
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 15:09   Link #30273
helois
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Italy
Age: 28
i didn't find the time to buy the red team(also in the same time i spent the money to live.. XD ),but i bought a HG Delta Kai with the code of mid campaign.. i hope to win..
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 15:00   Link #30274
Araxiel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cambridge
Recently scored a freebie of that one essential item no gunpla collector can be without.

Shelves.

__________________
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 15:17   Link #30275
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
Recently scored a freebie of that one essential item no gunpla collector can be without.

Shelves.

Ooooohh! Valvrave! How is that kit?

AGE-1 with Sparrow shoulders? Nice. Is that a purple Zedas in the back?

I used to have a shelf like yours, but I found over time the dust REALLY built up after a month or so

Have since switched it out for a glass display case (steel/metal frame) with lighting at the top, I highly suggest this if you can afford one (approx $75-90 for a decent one? Higher end ones with wood costs more). I also like them as the dimensions I chose takes up less room (taller, by eyeing it about 17"x17" and 6' tall)

How were you displaying before btw? Sitting on the desk?

How do I post personal pics on here guys? Think its about time I showed off a bit of what I got
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 15:50   Link #30276
Araxiel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cambridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Ooooohh! Valvrave! How is that kit?
Much akin to a high-end HG kit, but with lots of extras. Several clear effect parts, a stand, scale pilot figure, and a ton of weapons. Very nice. However, I built it alongside my friend who hadn't done any gunpla before, and he struggled even with me helping him.
Quote:
AGE-1 with Sparrow shoulders? Nice. Is that a purple Zedas in the back?
Yep, that's the AG section, haha. The AGE-1 is based off a HG custom of an 'AGE-1 Kai' that I saw somewhere; It has Spallow's shoulders and knife, G-Exes legs and rifle. And that is indeed a purple Zedas!

Quote:
I used to have a shelf like yours, but I found over time the dust REALLY built up after a month or so

Have since switched it out for a glass display case (steel/metal frame) with lighting at the top, I highly suggest this if you can afford one (approx $75-90 for a decent one? Higher end ones with wood costs more). I also like them as the dimensions I chose takes up less room (taller, by eyeing it about 17"x17" and 6' tall)
I would really like to get a glass display case one day [the ones Games Workshop usually use in their storefronts really attract me, and they're commercially available], but as I say, this one was free, so it'll do me for now.
Quote:
How were you displaying before btw? Sitting on the desk?
As of now, my Gunpla collection is split between;
*A bookshelf in my old room at my parents' place
*Shelving in my bedroom
*The shelves you see here
*Some in boxes due to lack of room
Currently my bedroom shelf looks like this;

Quote:
How do I post personal pics on here guys? Think its about time I showed off a bit of what I got
Good old Photobucket works for me.
__________________
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 16:15   Link #30277
Providenceangle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Yeah photobucket with [img]yourlinkhere[/img] works perfectly fine.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 16:19   Link #30278
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How do I post personal pics on here guys? Think its about time I showed off a bit of what I got
Easy, just take a picture of your collection, upload it to picture-hosting sites (photobucket, imgur, etc), display your pic with the said site, copy the addres and post it here using the "insert image" command. You can also use Animesuki's "photo album" feature to host your pic if you don't mind the size limitation. Here's one example from my asuki album:

__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 08:13   Link #30279
Providenceangle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Easy, just take a picture of your collection, upload it to picture-hosting sites (photobucket, imgur, etc), display your pic with the said site, copy the addres and post it here using the "insert image" command. You can also use Animesuki's "photo album" feature to host your pic if you don't mind the size limitation. Here's one example from my asuki album:

That's the HG Heavy arms EW ya? It looks pretty detailed... At least more then I remember. :P
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 13:06   Link #30280
Skye629
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Ah thanks guys! Ill get around to this at some point, right now there are a bunch of kits I need to fix up to display, plus waiting on a order of action bases. Some of the kits desperately needs one :P
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.