AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-22, 10:32   Link #9441
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I'm surprised Hayate or Ruka didn't recognize that those are the same kind of glasses Ruka used on Hayate.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 08:06   Link #9442
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
... who am I kidding? She'll probably stay a loli forever, and I'll hate the ending
Given her general lifestyle, it wouldn't be a stretch at all for her to stay relatively underdeveloped. Not necessarily "loli" levels, but I doubt she'd fill out too much or get as tall as most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm surprised Hayate or Ruka didn't recognize that those are the same kind of glasses Ruka used on Hayate.
I'm more surprised that Hayate didn't realize it wasn't Izumi's voice.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 11:34   Link #9443
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm more surprised that Hayate didn't realize it wasn't Izumi's voice.
Well, neither did Ruka. That said, she probably doesn't even care whether it truly was Izumi or not.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 10:17   Link #9444
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 30
Ruka doesn't know Izumi that well. For all she knew, Izumi just changes her voice in order to say something snide. Hayate knows better.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 10:17   Link #9445
ChronoReverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Hahaha, By the Power of Selfishness!
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 10:42   Link #9446
madmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Haha. Ruka is so smug in this chapter. I love it.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 13:47   Link #9447
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: in my really nice house
Ruka, the queen of selfishness
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 13:54   Link #9448
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Good grief, Ruka's really going over the top. I somehow think that when it comes to love and Hayate she always takes the wrong approach. Another thing, that manager mentioned a Las Vegas concert in September, so I guess this truly confirms the content of CTMEOY as canon?
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 14:30   Link #9449
madmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Good grief, Ruka's really going over the top. I somehow think that when it comes to love and Hayate she always takes the wrong approach. Another thing, that manager mentioned a Las Vegas concert in September, so I guess this truly confirms the content of CTMEOY as canon?
Hata's been calling it canon from the start and throwing in things lately like references to Nagi's father, it's not really ever been in question.

Ruka's side of the story has been altogether more fun then I expected. I want to see where this trainwreck goes next week.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 18:29   Link #9450
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 24
poor Ruka.... hahaha

I'm sure she want to do everything to gain Hayate's love....
but everything will be pointless if we're advancing the story (A-tan back to her normal form or Nagi back to her mansion)
if she choose to be an idol, she will find hard time to meet Hayate because of her busy schedule... that's ruining everything she did right now
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 22:24   Link #9451
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ニューヨーク
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Well thats a major crossroad on Ruka's path... In terms on effort getting Hayate to fall for someone, Ruka's definitely the one and thats what I admire her for. Not really a fan of Ruka, but her position on where she is really sucks.
__________________
Megacrash Gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 09:25   Link #9452
ChronoReverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Ruka proves that this is the sort of manga where even if you're proactive you'll lose just as hard as someone who's entirely shy about it (Hinagiku).
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 15:10   Link #9453
Kakurin-san
私は影の国の女王、異境、魔境の主
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Ruka proves that this is the sort of manga where even if you're proactive you'll lose just as hard as someone who's entirely shy about it (Hinagiku).
Yeah, because Nagi is bound to win... Although I might add, that Hinagiku has dropped enough hints in front of Hayate (both unwittingly and wittingly) that Hayate should have picked it up. But as it's Hayate we are talking about, he's just too dense and in contrast thinks (or thought) that Hina hates him.
Kakurin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 15:12   Link #9454
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Ruka proves that this is the sort of manga where even if you're proactive you'll lose just as hard as someone who's entirely shy about it (Hinagiku).
ah no, Ruka only proves that nobody can beat the Author Bias.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 15:45   Link #9455
ChronoReverse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
ah no, Ruka only proves that nobody can beat the Author Bias.
So it proves it's this sort of manga. Since it's by this particular author.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 03:08   Link #9456
Mentar
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 46
In a way it's sad. Hata has been trying SO HARD with animes and looooooong Nagi arcs to make the readers more receptive towards the Nagi-Hayate pairing, and if I'd happen to be representative for most of the fans, all he managed to do is annoy the fanbase and turn them away.

I don't think that in the past I was ever as "don't care"-detached as I am today. If I remember how I was hunting down raw spoilers in the past...

I guess HnG will go down as one more series which started well, grew to fame with a huge fanbase, and then died because of the standard 2 cardinal sins of mangas:

1) Unwillingness of the author to END it when it was time for it to end, instead prolonging it with 9872354234 chapters of side characters nobody really cared about

2) Unwillingness of the author to let it develop where the story naturally led (and what the fans desired), instead forcing through his own favorite pairing no matter what

Too bad.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 16:44   Link #9457
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pripyat, Ukraine
Im still curious about the king jewels and Hayate's big brother.

Though I agree that Hata does boring chapters with side characters (Inclusion of Kayura and Ruka in the storyline was stupid).
__________________
Strygwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 17:03   Link #9458
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: in my really nice house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strygwyr View Post
Im still curious about the king jewels and Hayate's big brother.

Though I agree that Hata does boring chapters with side characters (Inclusion of Kayura and Ruka in the storyline was stupid).
Hayate's big brother is like the biggest mystery of the series
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 17:49   Link #9459
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
In a way it's sad. Hata has been trying SO HARD with animes and looooooong Nagi arcs to make the readers more receptive towards the Nagi-Hayate pairing, and if I'd happen to be representative for most of the fans, all he managed to do is annoy the fanbase and turn them away.

I don't think that in the past I was ever as "don't care"-detached as I am today. If I remember how I was hunting down raw spoilers in the past...

I guess HnG will go down as one more series which started well, grew to fame with a huge fanbase, and then died because of the standard 2 cardinal sins of mangas:

1) Unwillingness of the author to END it when it was time for it to end, instead prolonging it with 9872354234 chapters of side characters nobody really cared about

2) Unwillingness of the author to let it develop where the story naturally led (and what the fans desired), instead forcing through his own favorite pairing no matter what

Too bad.
Then I have a rather different perspective from most fans, I guess.

I've never really cared about the "plot". I've always been here for:
- the humor;
- Hayate and Nagi's loyalty for each other. I'm still not sold on making their relationship a romantic one, and I don't think I ever will be. But I like seeing the lengths Hayate will go to for her, and I love seeing her few moments of personal growth (or at least, temporary un-selfishness) whenever he really needs her. I don't want to see them "together", but I'd hate to see them part ways.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 19:36   Link #9460
madmac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Then I have a rather different perspective from most fans, I guess.
Nah, there's just a very vocal subset of fans that tend to dominate online discussion. Despite the regular intervals of doom pronouncements, HnG is still one of Shonen Sundays best selling series. For a shonen rom-com that's been running almost nine years already it's proven remarkably resilient.

Personally, I like the plot and the humor, I think a balance of both is when the manga is at it's best. And aside from the weird bit of blatant stalling a few months ago the recent chapters have been great so whatever.

I agree that the relationship between Nagi and Hayate is enjoyable and different. It's one of the things that drew me into the series originally. I don't have a problem with them eventually being "together" though I should probably note that there's a lot about how things will eventually work out that we don't know yet. There's still a story to be told there.

In the meantime I also like Ruka, and Athena and Isumi and a ton of other characters and I think the current story direction is interesting so I'm not planning to go anywhere.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.