AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-26, 21:05   Link #1801
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ The author is having health problems. And it's not on hiatus, volume 9 is going to be released on 23 August.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 21:45   Link #1802
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ The author is having health problems. And it's not on hiatus, volume 9 is going to be released on 23 August.
I see, shouldn't be too long by now. Thanks.

BTW, I heard someone here said that the author has a cancer?! Was it true?! Oh man... I don't want this to end up like ZnT.
Xero8420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 05:24   Link #1803
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I see, shouldn't be too long by now. Thanks.

BTW, I heard someone here said that the author has a cancer?! Was it true?! Oh man... I don't want this to end up like ZnT.
No it's not, that's just speculation. All we know right now, it that the author is having health problems and is ill.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 11:04   Link #1804
Guild Navigator
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
We can just pray for the health, (he/she) seems to make a living from writing the light novel right?... um... aside from health problems, is Yomi Hirasaka a male or female?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
What do you mean 'the day he becomes a protagonist'? A harem lead?
oh it is the title (duh I'm not writing it right) of the CONNECT chapter. It should be "The End of the Prologue/The Day Kodaka Hasegawa Became a Protagonist"
My assumptions goes on the fact that this whole light novel story is 1/3 done, volume 8 marks the end of the prologue (!)

Spoiler for CONNECT:


aaaaaand here I go, my grammar shattered into pieces because I read too much G-translate.

Last edited by Guild Navigator; 2013-07-27 at 12:34.
Guild Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 16:24   Link #1805
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^
Quote:
Yomi Hirasaka a male or female?
The answer is in bold.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 05:15   Link #1806
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
https://twitter.com/hirasakayomi

Hirasaki Yomi's birthday?
(If you use Google Chrome push the Translate-button).
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 08:36   Link #1807
Ragna666
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Volume 9 cover?
Spoiler for New Character ?:
Ragna666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 22:39   Link #1808
Guild Navigator
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ The answer is in bold.
at first I thought he was female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna666 View Post
Volume 9 cover?
Spoiler for New Character ?:
yes it is, where have you been lol. Volume 9 out in 23 August this year, However we only have speculations here about who the new character is (a few pages back).
Guild Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 04:04   Link #1809
jasonhan416
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Wait guys. I finished the anime. 1st and second season.
And I felt like the way the second season ended didn't really feel justified for me.
SO i started reading light novels and the book only came out til volume 8 which how the anime ended as well.
I am also reading through these discussion and volume 9 will be out soon right?
Does that mean volume 9 will the be the last volume? I hope author chooses sena routes >.<
__________________
Signature removed. Please check the forum signature rules before trying to upload another one. If you have questions, feel free to contact a mod through PM.
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 04:51   Link #1810
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhan416 View Post
Wait guys. I finished the anime. 1st and second season.
And I felt like the way the second season ended didn't really feel justified for me.
SO i started reading light novels and the book only came out til volume 8 which how the anime ended as well.
I am also reading through these discussion and volume 9 will be out soon right?
Does that mean volume 9 will the be the last volume? I hope author chooses sena routes >.<
Yes, volume 9 is coming out soon. On the 23 this month, to be exact. And no, volume 9 is not the final or last volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guild Navigator View Post
at first I thought he was female
Well, he is not. This is him, wearing a horse mask.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 06:45   Link #1811
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guild Navigator View Post
at first I thought he was female



yes it is, where have you been lol. Volume 9 out in 23 August this year, However we only have speculations here about who the new character is (a few pages back).
yozora's older sister, maybe, just maybe
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 17:27   Link #1812
Inuhami
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Hi, the next volume of the LN is a direct result of the end of the anime? thanks
Inuhami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 01:15   Link #1813
jacksworld
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopackgo View Post
this is one manga that I have no clue who the main character is going to pick. I would like him to pick Sena but that would go against the basic manga rule of going with the first girl presented in the manga. IMO the safe bet would be that he chooses no one and we have a harem ending.

I doubt volume 9 will result in any relationships but I do agree that it will be a turning point in this manga for better or worse.
I disagree with your thesis...
Spoiler for Comparison to Shuffle:

I'd also like to note that after the last volume Rika is another possible love interest, however it seems to be a friend zone type of relationship there... I will say the anime does mislead to major SenaXkodoka

Spoiler for Comparison to Angel Beats:


Spoiler for Comparison to Code Geass:


Spoiler for Comparison to Rumbling Hearts/KgNE:


Spoiler for Comparison to Higurashi:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-08 at 17:22.
jacksworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 17:42   Link #1814
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksworld View Post
I disagree with your thesis...
The rule isn't really that "the first girl wins [a romantic relationship with the protagonist]"... it's more that "the heroine most important to the premise tends to be most important to the ending". So there's basically only two paths for the story: Yozora has her love for Kodaka requited (the whole work is then essentially Yozora's messed-up story of being reunited with her first love), or she has to come to terms with him falling in love with someone else (the story is about her growing up and moving on). I'd vote the former at about 2/3 more likely than the latter... but we'll see. I do think it's pretty clear that Kodaka is, in fact, going to go after Yozora, and what motivates him to do it will be important.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 22:50   Link #1815
buttersette
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guild Navigator View Post
We can just pray for the health, (he/she) seems to make a living from writing the light novel right?... um... aside from health problems, is Yomi Hirasaka a male or female?


oh it is the title (duh I'm not writing it right) of the CONNECT chapter. It should be "The End of the Prologue/The Day Kodaka Hasegawa Became a Protagonist"
My assumptions goes on the fact that this whole light novel story is 1/3 done, volume 8 marks the end of the prologue (!)

Spoiler for CONNECT:


aaaaaand here I go, my grammar shattered into pieces because I read too much G-translate.
Where did you read all these?

I was just wondering where could I read the complete Haganai Connect? Is it a separate one because I keep on seeing it as an addition to the manga. It is chapter 26.5 if I remember correctly and has 37 pages. Can someone please share me a link or shed an insight for this? I just want to have my fill of Haganai until volume 9 is translated.

In other news, its 13 days before the release of volume 9. I'm so excited.
buttersette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 13:29   Link #1816
DorkingtonPugsly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My cozy room
Woah I just noticed new character's a stockings girl... YEEESSS!!! Gonna go ahead and preorder.
__________________
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 22:33   Link #1817
l.kostas
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttersette View Post
I was just wondering where could I read the complete Haganai Connect? Is it a separate one because I keep on seeing it as an addition to the manga. It is chapter 26.5 if I remember correctly and has 37 pages. Can someone please share me a link or shed an insight for this? I just want to have my fill of Haganai until volume 9 is translated.
That manga chapter adapts one of the chapters of Haganai Connect, the rest of he Connect novel wasn't adapted into a manga. The Connect light novel volume hasn't been translated in English, at least not yet. About the contents look at the discussion here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=4529723
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 11:04   Link #1818
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Preview of Vol. 9
http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/files/...WF_Window.html

Can someone translate the chapter names...?
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 11:20   Link #1819
bastek66
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 26
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18046.html
I think 「俺は星奈のことが好きだ」 is important.
__________________
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 11:59   Link #1820
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18046.html
I think 「俺は星奈のことが好きだ」 is important.
U know, if Oreimo is any indication as to how Japanese writers work then she's pretty fucked.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.