AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-25, 20:19   Link #4001
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
^I just read the first chapter of that and it was physically painful to see Touma not realize Misaka was innocent. I approve.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 20:30   Link #4002
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delusion world
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
I believe you got the wrong thread (or sub-forum for that matter...).
Opps... wrong story. >_<

This one should be about something else (About Vanishing Geist, that super hero Esper thingy)

Like I say, I am working on multiple stories at once.

Not a good idea considering I just mixed up the two.

Edit: Crap....I forgot to save the original Draft. I will have to type out everything again. Will post later.
__________________
Ara Han

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-07-25 at 21:08.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 23:03   Link #4003
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
^I just read the first chapter of that and it was physically painful to see Touma not realize Misaka was innocent. I approve.
The feeling is mutual.

Spoiler:
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:41   Link #4004
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Thanks for the update. I actually like your AU a lot I've read every chapter so far
Glad you liked it
Kira477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 10:36   Link #4005
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I think I've asked this question before but I forget.

What age is Yomikawa? If it was never stated, what do you guys reckon should her age be?
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 11:21   Link #4006
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Delusion world
Spoiler for First Draft for real:
__________________
Ara Han

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-07-26 at 12:05.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 11:50   Link #4007
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 20
Boku wa... Seigi no Mikata...
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 16:15   Link #4008
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I think I've asked this question before but I forget.

What age is Yomikawa? If it was never stated, what do you guys reckon should her age be?
I guess late twenties to early thirties, but in this series who knows
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 17:34   Link #4009
dniv
I destroy illusions
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I guess late twenties to early thirties, but in this series who knows
Very very good point
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 18:51   Link #4010
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Pff I'd bet late 30s early 40s.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 21:11   Link #4011
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Okay, while there hasn't been much progress in the chapter so far, I have something I require an opinion on if anyone feels inclined to provide.

In the next major arc, I was contemplating the idea of Touma finding himself involved in another dark-side incident that involves another big-name organization. To be specific, I'm talking about Touma either unintentionally working with or going against the members of SCHOOL. I don't know why I have this idea in my head, really I don't, but I don't see many fics that have Kakine Teitoku in them, much less SCHOOL in general.

Basically, I wanna expose Touma to the different agents, if you will, lurking in darkness of AC besides just Mugino and the rest of ITEM.

So, thoughts on this idea?

Last edited by SmokinFerret88; 2013-07-26 at 21:25.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 22:13   Link #4012
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
I approve of anything that involves Kakine.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 22:28   Link #4013
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
The problem lies that I have no idea how or what Kakine can do with his Dark Matter.

I may need to re-read the him and Accelerator's fight in volume 15.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 23:38   Link #4014
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Age: 20
In regards to what Kakine can do: sky's the limit, he can do nearly anything when it comes to the application of his ability.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 23:53   Link #4015
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
From what I read, its as you said in that he can create just about anything. I already knew that much from before. My problem is I don't know precisely what he would create that would be fitting for him if I was to apply him to the story.

Would I still stick with the wings like he uses or would he create something more subtle than that. That's my thing really; since I can't really see him in a warehouse somewhere with wings sprouting from his back...

Then again, I can see how he could have created his clothes. I mean, if his Dark Matter is matter that defies the laws of physics, does that imply that he is virtually wearing clothes that are bulletproof yet maintains the weight of a T-Shirt?

It's those kinds of things that make me wonder, and probably the reason I want to experiment with him since, again, I don't see many fics with him in it.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 00:19   Link #4016
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Okay, while there hasn't been much progress in the chapter so far, I have something I require an opinion on if anyone feels inclined to provide.

In the next major arc, I was contemplating the idea of Touma finding himself involved in another dark-side incident that involves another big-name organization. To be specific, I'm talking about Touma either unintentionally working with or going against the members of SCHOOL. I don't know why I have this idea in my head, really I don't, but I don't see many fics that have Kakine Teitoku in them, much less SCHOOL in general.

Basically, I wanna expose Touma to the different agents, if you will, lurking in darkness of AC besides just Mugino and the rest of ITEM.

So, thoughts on this idea?
Interesting. You can make some story how he hangs out with ITEM when all of a sudden SCHOOL attacks them. ITEM leaves Touma after the attack but because of what happen with ORDER, Touma decides to follow them since he's worried about them.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 00:34   Link #4017
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
That idea may be implicated at some point down the road, I don't want to do something like that so abruptly that it seems too coincidental. I mean, after the ORDER arc, I have a few mini-arcs planned to eat up a bit of time and properly introduce other characters from the series.

At the very least, I want to have Touma experience another perspective; see how an entirely different group handles things and note the difference between how Mugino and Kakine lead their respected groups. One doesn't give a damn about anyone and the other has at least some morality in them to spare those that oppose him; but all the same they still aren't against the idea of killing to achieve their goals.

The way I see it, not everything revolves around ITEM in regards to the dark-side of Academy City. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to me if Touma got himself wrapped up in an incident with another group like SCHOOL or MEMBER. If it was just ITEM then I feel the story would seem dull considering Touma's slowly immersing himself into darkness of the city.

Hell, I eventually plan for a Kihara to play a key role in this story sometime in the near future; and I view them as the poster-children of the dark-side events.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 01:30   Link #4018
Doc Astaroth
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
From what I read, its as you said in that he can create just about anything. I already knew that much from before. My problem is I don't know precisely what he would create that would be fitting for him if I was to apply him to the story.

Would I still stick with the wings like he uses or would he create something more subtle than that. That's my thing really; since I can't really see him in a warehouse somewhere with wings sprouting from his back...

Then again, I can see how he could have created his clothes. I mean, if his Dark Matter is matter that defies the laws of physics, does that imply that he is virtually wearing clothes that are bulletproof yet maintains the weight of a T-Shirt?

It's those kinds of things that make me wonder, and probably the reason I want to experiment with him since, again, I don't see many fics with him in it.
Bulletproof clothes would be certainly inside the range of his abilities. But he also is able to change the enviroment with his powers. For example, he can break light with his wings in a way, that it will become harmful for living beings.

About subtility: He thinks he is almighty with his power and he wants his enemies to realize this, so first he will go with the flashy moves. That said, he isn't above dirty fighting, especially when he thinks he will lose. Let take him hostages, which he inserts parts of Dark Matter in and threatens to blow up, if the enemy doesn't give up.

He also is always overestimating his powers. Let him bite more than he can chew. So yeah, he would open his wings inside a warehouse, completely forgetting the space...

Also, that guy loves to GLOAT. I will again cite Terry Pratchett here:

Quote:
..If a man has you at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power, power over people, and they want to see you in fear. They want you to know you are going to die. So they'll talk. They'll gloat. They'll watch you squirm. They'll put off the murder like another man will put off a good cigar. So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word.
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 01:45   Link #4019
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I was worried about late 30's to 40's part... She is kind of on komoe's seniority level with both of them being so buddy buddy. And komoe is confirmed to be in her 40's I believe.

Wait... Kikyo is listed as over 25 and she's classmates with yomikawa back in the day right?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-07-27 at 02:06.
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 08:30   Link #4020
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
The problem lies that I have no idea how or what Kakine can do with his Dark Matter.

I may need to re-read the him and Accelerator's fight in volume 15.
I just reread volume 15 a bit ago actually (I'm doing a big rewatch/reread of Index). He's also capable of causing explosions somehow, I'm guessing by creating some sort of Dark Matter that explodes when it touches air or something (although that might be entirely wrong).

You could also have him throwing those "spears" of Dark Matter he used in NT6 iirc.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.