AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-07-29, 13:23   Link #161
Saint Kaiser Vivio
Starlight Dragon Slayer

The main problem for me with Lucy is that Stellar Wizard is just weaksauce its not Lucy's fault though even Yukino's Super Rare 13th spirit was nothing but cannon fodder for a Ezra level Kagura when it comes down to it Hiro Mashima's take on Summoning magic compared to other Media is just plain bad if she was a FF summoner she would be on pair with team Natsu simply because Summoning is one of the most powerful magics in that series don't help that she is constantly the character that is made to fail it feels like Lucy will never be close to being on the same level as the rest of her team and remain a weak female lead for as long as the series runs even Wendy has more chance of becoming on the same level as team Natsu simply because she's a Dragon Slayer even summoning versatility never really comes into play since she's never allowed to use the right spirits for the right job feels like Hiro should have just dropped the whole Stellar Wizard thing and made her a Celestial Dragon Slayer

Last edited by Saint Kaiser Vivio; 2013-07-29 at 13:51.
Saint Kaiser Vivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 21:38   Link #162
JiCi

Can I say something that will probably generate a lot of hate from fans?
Spoiler for Personal opinion about a certain character:

No offense to fans, but that's my honest opinion.
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 13:35   Link #163
Yorae_paladin1

Seems Lucy suffers from character neglect. Mashima is not doing much with her other than t&a summoning is not weak form of magic fact is it should be the strongest they should give her the skill to summon without keys and many other things besides celestial spirits. Shes supposed to be the main yet is more like a supporting character
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 19:30   Link #164
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Seems Lucy suffers from character neglect. Mashima is not doing much with her other than t&a summoning is not weak form of magic fact is it should be the strongest they should give her the skill to summon without keys and many other things besides celestial spirits. Shes supposed to be the main yet is more like a supporting character
Yeah...
Yukino should have just gave her keys to Lucy for the rest of the tournament, only at the end, to tell her to keep them. Maybe that would have boosted her power to a more suitable level.
Old 2013-10-14, 16:44   Link #165
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Lucy really does suffer from character neglect at times. Even if you consider weaknesses of summoning magic, the rules themselves are ignored at times in order to make her a punching bag.

I mean what should it have mattered that Lucy's keys were taken during that beating by Minerva? When the story wants the spirits just comes out on their own to help out and when it doesn't they don't. Should have been plenty possible for Loke to show up to help her or Horologium to take her in to protect her.

Lucy's an attractive character, but not a powerhouse physically. So she's left to get beaten as a cheap sympathy move. In the anime the last few fights she's been in have mostly involved her getting painfully beaten up without really getting to turn the tables.

If it was desired she could get plenty stronger. Not really needing the keys or learning something from Erza so she could store the keys and pull them out as needed. Could even up the amount she can use at once. Though to really bring up her power might need to boost the spirits abilities themselves.

Just feel sympathy for Lucy's character right now. She could be used a lot better than she is. Can be more than a punching bag that makes you angry at the villain of the arc. I like her personality and just hope things go better for her down the road.
Old 2013-10-14, 19:19   Link #166
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Just feel sympathy for Lucy's character right now. She could be used a lot better than she is. Can be more than a punching bag that makes you angry at the villain of the arc. I like her personality and just hope things go better for her down the road.
The thing is that I am getting fed up with characters who have the potential to be strong yet are always negated. It keeps happening with Lucy, it keeps happening with Nami from One Piece, it keeps happening with Orihime in Bleach, it kept happening with Meg in Burst Angel (basically, she was mostly shown with guns in pictures, posters and the intro, but was mostly relegated as damsel in distress).

I have no issues with young female characters in anime, as long as they're not seen as useless junk most of the time.

Beside, I can hate a villain for other reasons than beating someone else up. For being a powerful rival, a stealthy burglar, a zealous peon... but rarely for being a big jerk.
Old 2013-11-15, 08:30   Link #167
CBredbeard
Banned

If you Lucy fans are interested, Narutoforums.com is conducting it's 2nd annual beauty contest for all the female characters of the series. Lucy is down 10 votes against Kagura with less than an hour to go before the poll closes.

She won last year so it'd be a darn shame for her to be eliminated in the first round against a nobody.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 18:28   Link #168
Casshern

It's not Lucy's role to be a powerhouse. She's the main comic relief, the majority of fanservice, she's the one single character who drives the plot forward more than anyone else, she's the narrator of the story and her instincts, knowledge and research play a big part whenever decisions are made. Who is neglected?

As far as power is concerned, in the first place, Lucy's abilities are a little bit hax. Just Loke seems to be on Gray's level. Gemini can copy anyone's appearance, thoughts and abilities. All of her other spirits increase her versatility. When she fights her abilities are either dumbed down, or she fights a bad matchup, or the fight is comic relief, and with Flare she got cheated.

Apparently Mashima doesn't want her to be on Gray's level, which should be ok because there are already plenty of powerful characters and it would be monotonous if everyone just kicks ass. Not to mention that Lucy already had plenty of good fights. Just because she lost her fights in the grand magic games doesn't mean that she's neglected. Did everyone forget that in that arc she saved the world?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character discussion