AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 51 49.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 31.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-31, 17:57   Link #121
ACertainStark
The Misfortune Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
they should end it now and save budget for index3 ...
Different project's for different staff. So it would only be saving for Railgun 3.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 21:23   Link #122
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Plus they've already paid for the time slot all the way up till Fall.
Old 2013-07-31, 22:00   Link #123
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

Huh? I thought it was both jc staff? well, doesnt matter...
Old 2013-07-31, 22:01   Link #124
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

JC Staff has multiple teams.
Old 2013-07-31, 23:18   Link #125
ACertainStark
The Misfortune Duo

That would make it so that they've been working on Index III (possibly) since February.
Old 2013-08-01, 14:27   Link #126
Haigon

Index and Railgun are different projects, with different staff and different budget.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 16:30   Link #127
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

why u guys said it again and again, 1 person is more than enough -_-
Old 2013-08-01, 19:29   Link #128
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

i know J.C staff animated the Little Busters but i would like to ask if the team is different from the railgun or index team
Old 2013-08-01, 20:22   Link #129
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
i know J.C staff animated the Little Busters but i would like to ask if the team is different from the railgun or index team
The creative staff are completely different.

In terms of production, J.C. Staff assembles and collapses teams on a per project basis, so there isn't much consistence from one show to the next. Even the Index II crew was very different from the one assembled for the first season.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 20:58   Link #130
ACertainStark
The Misfortune Duo

And much smaller, it seems. That explains a lot.
Old 2013-08-08, 18:14   Link #131
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Excellent climax to the Sisters Arc. It was certainly a wild and wonderful ride.

What I've watched over the past 12 or so episodes of Railgun S is precisely what I had hoped to see in the original season (but didn't before I dropped it) - An excellent mix of sci-fi, drama, suspense, action, and intrigue. Loads of great plot twists, loads of excellently produced action scenes, and a well-done climatic fight to end it all off.

There are still some open questions, though, and I hope that future episodes address them:

1. What happens to Misaka's remaining clones. I hope this isn't just hand-waved away, because that would be painfully unbelievable.

2. What happened to the female scientist/researcher who helped out Mikoto. You know, the one in the lab-coat in the OP. I hope we see her again at some point.

3. Finding out whatever happened to that Tree Diagram/satellite. A major supercomputer has been down for weeks. Whatever caused it, that strikes me as a pretty big deal.

It looks like Episode 17 is a breather episode, but that's probably good after this long arc. I also get the sense that this episode is probably the true climax of the entire season, but it would be nice to get a little bit more action before Railgun S is completely done. I somehow remember that star-eyed blonde girl that challenged Misaka in the first (or was it 2nd?) episode. It might be cool if she showed up again. A high school popularity feud would seem mighty low-key compared to what we just watched, but it would be something at least, lol.
Old 2013-08-08, 18:35   Link #132
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
3. Finding out whatever happened to that Tree Diagram/satellite. A major supercomputer has been down for weeks. Whatever caused it, that strikes me as a pretty big deal.
We already know the answer

Spoiler for Index Anime:

Quote:
It looks like Episode 17 is a breather episode, but that's probably good after this long arc. I also get the sense that this episode is probably the true climax of the entire season, but it would be nice to get a little bit more action before Railgun S is completely done. I somehow remember that star-eyed blonde girl that challenged Misaka in the first (or was it 2nd?) episode. It might be cool if she showed up again. A high school popularity feud would seem mighty low-key compared to what we just watched, but it would be something at least, lol.
They've already said that she won't.
Old 2013-08-08, 18:36   Link #133
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Excellent climax to the Sisters Arc. It was certainly a wild and wonderful ride.

What I've watched over the past 12 or so episodes of Railgun S is precisely what I had hoped to see in the original season (but didn't before I dropped it) - An excellent mix of sci-fi, drama, suspense, action, and intrigue. Loads of great plot twists, loads of excellently produced action scenes, and a well-done climatic fight to end it all off.

There are still some open questions, though, and I hope that future episodes address them:

1. What happens to Misaka's remaining clones. I hope this isn't just hand-waved away, because that would be painfully unbelievable.

2. What happened to the female scientist/researcher who helped out Mikoto. You know, the one in the lab-coat in the OP. I hope we see her again at some point.

3. is answered in Index but that's all I'll say since we're not allowed to post Index spoilers.
edit:And Ilidsor already beat me to it
Old 2013-08-08, 18:40   Link #134
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
They've already said that she won't.
Really? Wow, that's pretty surprising given how popular she seems to be in fanart.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Old 2013-08-08, 19:18   Link #135
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Really? Wow, that's pretty surprising given how popular she seems to be in fanart.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Well that fanart is from her role in the manga and light novels. In the next storyline she'll be really important but they don't have the time to do that arc in the seven episodes she has left so they made up a filler arc and are doing that instead. Next season she'll be very important.

As a side note I really recommend you read the manga. It's very good. And have you watched Index?
Old 2013-08-08, 19:25   Link #136
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He mentioned in the episode 14 thread that he dropped Index as well as Railgun season 1.
Old 2013-08-08, 20:10   Link #137
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Well that fanart is from her role in the manga and light novels. In the next storyline she'll be really important but they don't have the time to do that arc in the seven episodes she has left so they made up a filler arc and are doing that instead. Next season she'll be very important.

As a side note I really recommend you read the manga. It's very good. And have you watched Index?
Thanks a lot for the info and recommendation. I may well pick up the manga. There are some anime shows that were good enough to inspire me to read the manga for it, and I think this will be one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
He mentioned in the episode 14 thread that he dropped Index as well as Railgun season 1.
Thanks for clarifying that for me, but I'll add some just so I don't come off overly harsh to people who have been Raildex fans for a long time.

I just found Index hard to get into. I didn't find it particularly bad, just a bit hard to get into. But now I know "it gets better", so I might go and watch through Index after watching this.

And my issues with the original Railgun season can be summed up in one word: Kuroko. Her constant sexual harassing of Mikoto in Railgun season 1 just got very old, very fast for me. Other than Kuroko, the rest of the cast seemed fine to me, and the fictional setting seemed very interesting (and Railgun S has done a great job of making good on that interesting fictional setting).

I found Kuroko ten times more bearable, and even at times likeable, here in Railgun S. Her Mikoto-obsession is actually a bit funny in small doses here and there. It's just when it completely takes over the show that it becomes too much for me to bear.
Old 2013-08-08, 20:23   Link #138
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:

Thanks for clarifying that for me, but I'll add some just so I don't come off overly harsh to people who have been Raildex fans for a long time.

I just found Index hard to get into. I didn't find it particularly bad, just a bit hard to get into. But now I know "it gets better", so I might go and watch through Index after watching this.

And my issues with the original Railgun season can be summed up in one word: Kuroko. Her constant sexual harassing of Mikoto in Railgun season 1 just got very old, very fast for me. Other than Kuroko, the rest of the cast seemed fine to me, and the fictional setting seemed very interesting (and Railgun S has done a great job of making good on that interesting fictional setting).

I found Kuroko ten times more bearable, and even at times likeable, here in Railgun S. Her Mikoto-obsession is actually a bit funny in small doses here and there. It's just when it completely takes over the show that it becomes too much for me to bear.
Kuroko's obsession in season 1 was turned up to ten by JC staff, normally it's on the level of Railgun S in the manga.

If you like the setting you'll love Index. The setting is the reason half of the people watch it (although its better in the LNs)
Old 2013-09-25, 14:41   Link #139
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Sorry for the double post.

So to the argument about Accelerator losing this fight being PIS in the episode 23 thread:

No it's just not. Accelerator was having a mental break down, everything he knew about himself to be true was a lie. He spent the first half of the fight throwing stuff at Touma, which did nothing, and he can't use the winds anymore so he thought all I have to do is touch him and I win. It's not the most perfectly rational-thing ever done but it's not a stupid decision either. If he had managed to hit Touma first he would have won, but he didn't.
Old 2013-09-25, 15:01   Link #140
Haak
F**k my life...

Actual the stuff he threw at Touma was effective and even if it hadn't been effective:

1) That would be a poor excuse to use against someone that's barely able to stand, let alone move.
2) In contrast to throwing things, fighting Touma upfront had been even less effective.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote