AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 5 19.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 26.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-03, 05:08   Link #21
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Age: 33
Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
all you get is the Servant's weapon.
Not quite.

Spoiler for Servant Related:


And yeah, Saber Alter's appearance in the source was a whole lot more shocking. Here we got a massive explosion instead (on Excalibur? Really?).
__________________
Myssa Rei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 08:44   Link #22
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Don't think, Imasine ought to be made into a meme, if it hasn't been done already.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 11:36   Link #23
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Super-Illya The Movie - You'll believe a magical girl can fly...

... unless you're Miyu.


I'm glad that they gave Illya something that she has an edge over Miyu at to balance off the two characters. Miyu's thinking is indeed overly rooted in science for the role of the magical girl, though she is doing a decent job in compensating for that as well as she can. I like how this narrative reflects my own preferred take on magic - That much of magic is about making the impossible possible through the strength of one's imagination and will.

In any event, the action scenes in this episode were truly glorious and the cliffhanger ending was totally fantastic.

This episode was indeed vintage magical girl, and had just about everything that a magical girl fan could want. It was truly a joy to watch!
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 14:28   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think with "Don't think, Imasine" Ilya can really stand up to some great memorable quotes .

Was certainly nice though that Ilya has this kind of advantage. Miyu is a genius and skilled in a variety of ways, but is rather bound by her own logical mind. Hard to think outside the box and just use her imagination. While Ilya really is so into magical girls that she just uses what she thinks they should be able to do without thinking hard about it. Does make them a rather good combination.

Talk about a difficulty spike though after the last fight. Rider was pitifully easy and they go from that to getting nearly annihilated against Caster. Even with a decent plan in mind it was still close. Actually impressed they had Miyu bleeding from that injury. They do have strong defenses, but they really aren't invincible here.

Now that they are tired and worn out it's time to fight Saber!? Would be nice if Ilya could make use of Archer's card, but unless she does something about the arrow problem that won't be very useful.

Things are getting fun and an entertaining episode. Things are looking good.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 19:41   Link #25
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York USA
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
If only caster was this buffed up in the original, she could've won the war
__________________
Epicness
Polarpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 20:08   Link #26
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
If only caster was this buffed up in the original, she could've won the war
The beamspam trick at least is canon. She pulls it out in UBW. It was just as surprising and intimidating there as it was here, but it didn't win the war for her.
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:57   Link #27
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Would be nice if Ilya could make use of Archer's card, but unless she does something about the arrow problem that won't be very useful.
Use that bow to shoot Gae Bolg maybe? I wonder if that works :P
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 03:22   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Use that bow to shoot Gae Bolg maybe? I wonder if that works :P
That kind of thing might be the only kind of method. Probably do need to try some kind of combination in order to make the bow useful. I'm sure it will prove useful at some point, just a question of how.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 09:43   Link #29
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Thought I'd take a look at this on a whim, and it's rather oddly entertaining. Loli mahou shoujo battle is often fun when it's not overrun with heart-shaped attacks and other stupidity; not to the level of Nanoha by any means, but fun nonetheless. And it's an interesting combination of characters. Her otakuness aside, Ilya's fairly standard with her idiocy, too dumb to know what she's doing is impossible. The other's a little different, an original demonstration of why idiots make better mages (and also by derivation why little kids are better than well-grounded adults). Still, her arguments against anime physics are terrible. I can hear the thousands of mewling cries, the people of Galette cower in terror at the genocide that comes with Miyu the Cat-girl Slayer.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 12:12   Link #30
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Thought I'd take a look at this on a whim, and it's rather oddly entertaining. Loli mahou shoujo battle is often fun when it's not overrun with heart-shaped attacks and other stupidity; not to the level of Nanoha by any means, but fun nonetheless. And it's an interesting combination of characters. Her otakuness aside, Ilya's fairly standard with her idiocy, too dumb to know what she's doing is impossible. The other's a little different, an original demonstration of why idiots make better mages (and also by derivation why little kids are better than well-grounded adults). Still, her arguments against anime physics are terrible. I can hear the thousands of mewling cries, the people of Galette cower in terror at the genocide that comes with Miyu the Cat-girl Slayer.
It's the type of anime spin-off that a lot of fans want to hate
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 17:14   Link #31
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I have to say, they are absolutely nailing this adaptation. It's amazing what they are doing here, I don't normally associate Silver Link with anime that is actually animated, but they're really changing my opinion of them with this show.
Perhaps someone over there is a big fan of this series or Type-Moon standing over them with a bat ready to wack them one if they try to tray too much.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 17:19   Link #32
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
So someone asked about Illya using the Archer card. Here we see the drawbacks of Including the cards into the wands: all you get is the Servant's weapon. Powerful, sure, but a bow without arrows has distinctly limited utility.
I think Illya just doesn't know that she can make the "arrows". She has no idea what Archer is really like, after all.

If the card really was useless, then Rin wouldn't have used it against Luvia when they were fighting at the beginning of the series.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 18:07   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think Illya just doesn't know that she can make the "arrows". She has no idea what Archer is really like, after all.

If the card really was useless, then Rin wouldn't have used it against Luvia when they were fighting at the beginning of the series.
Rin uses black keys as arrows. They forgot to mention that in the anime. It's impossible for Illya to make "arrows", as including the card doesn't grant you the heroic spirit's innate abilities. You only get access to their weapons/NPs. In Archer's case, it's only his bow. It would have made more sense for the card to turn into Kanshou and Bakuya when included since those are his weapons of choice but I'm assuming the author chose the bow so that it would suit the class of the card.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 18:48   Link #34
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: America.
Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rin uses black keys as arrows. They forgot to mention that in the anime. It's impossible for Illya to make "arrows", as including the card doesn't grant you the heroic spirit's innate abilities. You only get access to their weapons/NPs. In Archer's case, it's only his bow. It would have made more sense for the card to turn into Kanshou and Bakuya when included since those are his weapons of choice but I'm assuming the author chose the bow so that it would suit the class of the card.
Well that's not the only reason why Ilya/Rin just gets the bow. It'll be explained in season two if we get one but if you want to know before then ask in the manga thread.
__________________

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 23:49   Link #35
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Miyu should really go to Archer (FSN) for help.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 23:50   Link #36
Unknown Soldier
:D
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Miyu grows into a really awesome character later on. Like most initially vaguely unfriendly quiet supporting character mahou shoujos, actually.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 07:49   Link #37
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
So... since a Kaleid Liner apparently cannot access Archer's Unlimited Blade Works, the Archer card is completely useless? I mean, the bow really is just a bow with no special qualities other than being sturdier than most.

What does this bode for Caster's card? I mean the only weapon Caster has is Rule Breaker if I recall correctly.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 09:51   Link #38
Xemnonsis
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So... since a Kaleid Liner apparently cannot access Archer's Unlimited Blade Works, the Archer card is completely useless? I mean, the bow really is just a bow with no special qualities other than being sturdier than most.

What does this bode for Caster's card? I mean the only weapon Caster has is Rule Breaker if I recall correctly.
Episode 6 will explain everything... or perhaps it'll just bring up more questions...

Anyway for the Caster card, it lets them use Rule Breaker... but in most cases, it's not an ideal weapon to use in combat
Xemnonsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 19:23   Link #39
Random Wanderer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So... since a Kaleid Liner apparently cannot access Archer's Unlimited Blade Works, the Archer card is completely useless? I mean, the bow really is just a bow with no special qualities other than being sturdier than most.

What does this bode for Caster's card? I mean the only weapon Caster has is Rule Breaker if I recall correctly.
Just remember that so far as the anime has revealed, nobody, including the wands themselves, and their creator, currently knows what the cards are or how they really work or what they are really meant to do. Any attempt they're making to use the cards right now, odds are they're doing it wrong. It may produce a result of some sort, but it's probably not the result the card would have if it were being used properly.
__________________
<img src=http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5491/girlsundpanzermakoxsodo.png border=0 alt= />
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 14:00   Link #40
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
I got to enjoy magical-girl deconstruction tropes at their peak every time that Miyu attempted logical analysis to refute dreams of flying, and people cannot soar in the skies.


Basically, Illya portrays mindless optimism and naive dreams which are qualities fitting for magical-girls. Meanwhile, Miyu portrays seriousness and staunch reasoning which are literal toxins and sins that deconstruct the whole magical-girl fantasy lore.


But, I don't see the girls owning competitive advantages one over the other. Their advantages lie in more of a comparative nature to help each other out. The fight against Caster proved it, that both possess affinity towards each other to work and mesh well in teamwork missions.


If only Miyu-san would open herself to the idea of having pink dreams and a 2D imagination like Illya does. :LOL:


No time for rest, little girls. She's here the most epic, legendary enemy of them all. <<<<ROAAARRRRR>>>>
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.