AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

View Poll Results: Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 5.5 (recap) Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 28.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 14.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-10, 00:04   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 5.5 (recap) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Monogatari Series Second Season, Episode 5.5 (recap).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 03:00   Link #2
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
I'm not really a big fan of Recaps, but seeing that Bakemonogatari already had it, it was to be expected.
Well, it's only natural for a full-season of "mind blowing presentation" seinen.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 10:17   Link #3
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
So this episode is essentially Kuro....
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 13:09   Link #4
DorkingtonPugsly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My cozy room
Was it even worth watching?
__________________
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 19:00   Link #5
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
I don't think this is worth anything it if you already watched NekoKuro, but I wonder, is this is this how it's supposed to be had NekoKuro never made into an ova or Shaft is missing their deadline again so they decided to give us this stock episode for this week instead.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 20:30   Link #6
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I wonder, is this is this how it's supposed to be had NekoKuro never made into an ova or Shaft is missing their deadline again so they decided to give us this stock episode for this week instead.
If you want my guess... I suspect that there will be 4 of these recap episodes, one in between every arc. (This episode was "Highlights I", and had a to be continued for "Highlights II".)

Originally the second season was going to be a two-cour series that covered six stories, but then they announced that one of the six stories would not air on TV. So I think all they did is replaced that not-airing arc with these four recap episodes spread throughout, thus buying themselves a bit more time to complete each arc. And it'd basically suggest that most of the remaining arcs will be 4 episodes long, rather than 5 as had been previously speculated.

(This theory makes sense to me because the decision to not air one of the arcs seemed to be made suddenly, and by that point they would have already done all the story planning for the anime assuming they'd have 26 episodes for the 6 stories. But inserting 4 recap episodes adds little cost and buys them more production time.)
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 00:54   Link #7
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(This theory makes sense to me because the decision to not air one of the arcs seemed to be made suddenly, and by that point they would have already done all the story planning for the anime assuming they'd have 26 episodes for the 6 stories. But inserting 4 recap episodes adds little cost and buys them more production time.)
Agreed. It is unusual to have that many recaps, but once you realise we are dealing with Shaft here, it makes perfect sense.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 04:46   Link #8
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Was it even worth watching?
If you want to see how they rehash some scenes on the bluray, I think it is worth the fun.

I remember in the TV broadcast the school ruins were painted with yellow pillars and brighter effects and this and the bluray version has red pillars and darker tones.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 08:53   Link #9
Crimson7
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Originally the second season was going to be a two-cour series that covered six stories, but then they announced that one of the six stories would not air on TV. So I think all they did is replaced that not-airing arc with these four recap episodes spread throughout, thus buying themselves a bit more time to complete each arc. And it'd basically suggest that most of the remaining arcs will be 4 episodes long, rather than 5 as had been previously speculated.
What story do you guys think won't make it to the anime? Also, is there any particular reason that it won't be included?
Crimson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 09:11   Link #10
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I'll be really piss if the arcs don't get at least 5 episodes. It just won't do it justice.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 10:21   Link #11
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson7 View Post
What story do you guys think won't make it to the anime? Also, is there any particular reason that it won't be included?
It was officially announced after a couple of weeks into the 2nd Season that Hanamonogatari: Suruga Devil will be skipped. It was discussed in the News and Speculation thread. It's not as bad as it sounds since 2nd Season novels doesn't follow the chronological order anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I'll be really piss if the arcs don't get at least 5 episodes. It just won't do it justice.
I agreed, even though I didn't read the novel.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 18:49   Link #12
gopackgo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
i hate recap episodes, we wait all week for a new episode and then we find out it's not new
gopackgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 02:01   Link #13
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopackgo View Post
i hate recap episodes, we wait all week for a new episode and then we find out it's not new
We've known about this for over a week...
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 02:08   Link #14
gopackgo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
We've known about this for over a week...
I had no clue, I don't watch anything past the credits just in case it spoils something
gopackgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 02:13   Link #15
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopackgo View Post
I had no clue, I don't watch anything past the credits just in case it spoils something
It was in Part A, the scrolling text, Monogatari series do not feature previews on TV.
I guess fansubbers did not bother to sub that but then again, it's been all over this forum so uh, your lack of research isn't a reason to blame the publishers.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 07:02   Link #16
zato_1one
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
If you want my guess... I suspect that there will be 4 of these recap episodes, one in between every arc. (This episode was "Highlights I", and had a to be continued for "Highlights II".)

Originally the second season was going to be a two-cour series that covered six stories, but then they announced that one of the six stories would not air on TV. So I think all they did is replaced that not-airing arc with these four recap episodes spread throughout, thus buying themselves a bit more time to complete each arc. And it'd basically suggest that most of the remaining arcs will be 4 episodes long, rather than 5 as had been previously speculated.

(This theory makes sense to me because the decision to not air one of the arcs seemed to be made suddenly, and by that point they would have already done all the story planning for the anime assuming they'd have 26 episodes for the 6 stories. But inserting 4 recap episodes adds little cost and buys them more production time.)
Sounds possible, but that should leave one other arc to have 5 episodes. 5 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 recap = 26 episodes
__________________
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 20:22   Link #17
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portugal
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Agreed. It is unusual to have that many recaps, but once you realise we are dealing with Shaft here, it makes perfect sense.
It wasn't until recently that I started caring about the animation studios.. now I'm really itching to look at Shaft's track record and see why so many people have that kind of opinion about them
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 21:39   Link #18
SQA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
It wasn't until recently that I started caring about the animation studios.. now I'm really itching to look at Shaft's track record and see why so many people have that kind of opinion about them
Look up a copy of the TV-airing of Bakemonogatari, especially the Kanbaru arc (I believe that was the worst one). Huge amounts of things weren't animated.

Even going back to things like Tsukiyomi Moonphase, entire layers of the TV-airing episodes were missing. The QC was questionable and sometimes entire scenes are sent to monologue to deal with. It's gotten a LOT better, after the Bakemono money, but, well, some of us like to watch the series after the BluRay release. Though since Madoka, it isn't much of an issue now.

At least, until the 2nd half of this series. They haven't done a 2 cours show in a while. This should be interesting.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 04:14   Link #19
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Though since Madoka, it isn't much of an issue now.
And Madoka only finished on time because the Tsunami delayed the final broadcast. The studio admitted as such on their blog.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 06:43   Link #20
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
I'll try to be polite, but it's difficult.

ENOUGH OF THIS BORE OF A CHARACTER, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Seriously, I really have enough of Hanekawa for the next few years now. Save for Araragi, she definitely has hogged the screen significantly more than anyone else. Which I find particularly troublesome since at least towards me, Hanekawa has the appeal of plain vanilla pudding: It barely registers. In fact, even the very best parts of her arc were interactions with other characters that I'm actually interested in.

Hoping for a change of scenery. For real. Enough of this.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.