AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-23, 05:22   Link #3881
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen00 View Post
@Cloud hahaha yeah xD and decided not to take a photo of it xD haha I just wanted to show what the guide looks like xD also few percent wanna show off lol OTL

@Lewl haha the guide was bought by me so it isn't really a find xD though thanks
ik XD all the glory to ourselves ;p
Old 2013-08-23, 07:50   Link #3882
tuckersister

I still think Origami will become a being different from a spirit, yet similar. I'm rooting on the theory of one's angel and vessel are the same instead of separate like the spirits (be very cool for her to have angel wings, two pairs to be exact).
tuckersister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 07:59   Link #3883
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Kotori is shidous step sister mana is his true sister and actually for some reason I still see shidou not ending up with anybody. Remember if Kurumi's plan works Tohka will not become a spirit. And somehow I see phantom being the final boss. if that happens tohka yoshino and the yamai will disappear although I can see a way for them to return as regular girls with no memory of shidou and then we'll see.
I'll look at it this way if Kurumi's plan would work a second theory from me I suppose would there be a possibility that AST would not have been formed but you still have 10 super powered bishoujos roaming the world time to time?
I mean without the first space quake happening then there would be no deaths (in effect AST would not have been formed as a contingency plan)... at the same time would it be possible for Kurumi to cancel out space quakes as she's roaming space-time given that she knows the location of number 1 (it has been a given fact that Spirits don't die)
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 10:44   Link #3884
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And an awesome villain? We already have one.

Yeah I know xD. But I meant the real villain of the series. Pretty sure Kurumi was only a temporary antagonist. I also see her more as a third party character.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 10:50   Link #3885
Xero8420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Yeah I know xD. But I meant the real villain of the series. Pretty sure Kurumi was only a temporary antagonist. I also see her more as a third party character.
And Kurumi is eventually an anti-villain.

Spoiler:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 03:29   Link #3886
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

As far as I am concerned DEM and anyone associated with that organization is/are the real villains. Can't wait til the day when it gets destroyed, but to only be replaced with some new villain.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 04:06   Link #3887
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

and phantom is behind

DEM O.o
Old 2013-08-24, 19:42   Link #3888
bobokagagoka

can someone spoil me what happened to kurumi after her fight with efreet?

and what will happen to tohka if she enters her inverse tohka
bobokagagoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 19:49   Link #3889
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobokagagoka View Post

I remember there was a blog that summarized vol 7. You can try looking through the thread for the link.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 21:50   Link #3890
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

Spoiler for Volumes 6 and 7:
Old 2013-08-24, 22:32   Link #3891
bobokagagoka

Quote:
Spoiler for Volumes 6 and 7:
so she will be the antagonist on the next chapters?
bobokagagoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 23:20   Link #3892
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
so she will be the antagonist on the next chapters?
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-25, 00:54   Link #3893
Phantom

Speaking of volume 7, it'd be epic to see Shidou harnessing the power of all of the Spirits that he 'captued' so far to defeat the future antagonists, to name a few, DEM and the Phantom. I like main protagonists who can ACTUALLY do important things when they are needed. If I am not wrong, then volume 7 was the only volume so far in the series where Shidou used the Spirits' powers (I dunno about Volume 6 since it isn't fully translated.).
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 03:04   Link #3894
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Of course if Shidou does harness all that power he may be deemed dangerous. And we all know who will try to kill him. Kotori would never actually kill him because of how much she loves him. Her superiors on the other hand will definitely try to snuff him out.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 05:46   Link #3895
sky black swordman

Quote:

Here is the link to the blog that has a summary volume 7 that @omegasereon mentioned in his post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Z27 View Post
There's a pretty detailed summary of volume 7,
Old 2013-08-25, 06:00   Link #3896
iamadooddood
NOM.

About whether how many girls will win, or who will win, it's true that Tohka may be appearing to be leading. But saying she will definitely win in the end is a bit far. Here's why.

First: let's list down all the possible endings:

One girl wins
No girl wins
Shido dies
At least 1 girl dies
All but one girl dies
All the girls die
Everyone dies (downer ending!)
Harem ending (win-win)

If I missed any out feel free to point it out and I'll edit this post or make a new one.

Shido is literally the only guy, or for some of them, person they trust. There's no way they're going to end up with anyone else. For each girl, ending up alone is just as bad because that'd mean that he'll be breaking their trust. (This last part is also why no romantic resolution, or worse, Shido dying for real, is just as unlikely.)

Therefore, the only way that could happen is if all the other girls die and Tohka is the only one who survives. Which would break Shido's promise to Tohka save all of them. In fact, even one girl dying (under any circumstances, mind) would already render the promise broken. Furthermore this would also be sure to enrage the fans and cause any future works from the author to end up being super-unpopular.

Therefore, only one possibility can ever come to my mind: a harem ending.

I shall try and come up with a few laws of harem shows.
  • The more balanced the harem is, the less likely the first girl is to win, and the more likely it is for the harem to have a no ending or harem ending.
  • The more important the male side characters of similar age to the protagonist are, the less balanced the harem.
Good enough so far?

I'll try to come up with others as well as fix these ones if needed and finalise a list once everyone here's satisfied.

Quote:
With the end of Rinne's world and the collapse of the barrier, the world was completely reset, as if Rinne's world had never existed in the first place. In that sense, yes everybody's memories were wiped.

In the What If scene, Rinne comes back as a transfer student, and seeing her restores Shidou's memories.
Wow, all bases covered. Retconning things to the extreme. I wonder how a sequel would look like.

Only thing I've confirmed is not canon is the What If route... still no further progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
Why? I know what happened, and no heads were banged in the reading of the final chapter.

Spoiler for She stole 'em!:
Because of something Miku did in that chapter, other than that.

She got everyone except Tohka, who was wearing earplugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
Wait, what's to stop Shidou from using that power to grab any girl he wants, O.o holy....this guy is too OP, in many ways
He hasn't gone desperate enough to do a limit break and unlock the powers he seals, I presume.

Now where's that fanart of him using all the Angels at the same time?

Quote:
honor dignity and the fact he can barely handle the girls he already has and he's not OP only cause he doesn't like using the powers unless he has to.
Also the toll that using the powers has on his body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero17 View Post
well only after we know the full extend of natsumi´s power we can deliberate but you know miku will be so happy and some girls too, or maybe we discover that shiori really exist?
And again I ask: Does Miku even need Shiori anymore?

Further appearances of Shiori are best relegated to side stories, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I'm still not giving up on Shidou's mom being a spirit theory.
No one here did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
And I thought Spirit can't make love and get pregnant. Why were you came out with that kind of theory?
How did you come up with the theory that they couldn't? :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
didnt the vn say they can get preggy..though only origami screenshot so far XD
Origami's not a Spirit. Not as of the VN, anyway.

However, I'll be waiting for fandiscs and that imminent sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
In my opinion/theory, they can get pregnant because they are basically humans, or at least similar to humans, just with powers that can bring a country to it's knees. I base this on the fact that Kotori and Miku were originally human and were turned into spirits by Phantom. Even though they are now spirits they are still humans as a (genetic) base.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Assuming the act of making love don't destroy the world........
And why would it? Doujinshi and VN (Kurumi route) didn't give me that impression...

Quote:
I think you guys hoping for Shidou picking any of the other girls are fooling yourselves a bit. It's clear that Tohka is the main girl of the series, just from the simple focus she gets both on her own and in her relationship with Shidou. Likewise, Tohka is the only one of the girls that Shidou has even shown a sliver of actual romantic interest in. (he fights to save each of the girls, but he's only ever shown hints of romantic interest with Tohka)

Besides which, it's practically a law of anime that the main heroine gets the guy in the end. Even Ore no Imouto held true to this to the point of making an incest relationship.
Not really, as I see it he only gives them as much love and care as they need. Just that Tohka needs the most. I pointed it out in an earlier post (my last block post lol).

It's not a law per se (or even practically one), but more of a rule, which would be a more general case. Laws are far stricter than you make them out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
This end would suck bad.

I'd much prefer they stay as Spirits and Shidou and his harem go to the Spirit World, devoid of polygamy laws!
Hell yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
There's Yamai, but not Yoshino or Miku? I cry foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
well if shidou can live in the spirit world though
But what about school? I think most is they'll all go touring around the Spirit world lol.

Quote:
Now guys stop thinking like harem fanboys and think logically. We already know kurumi wants to destroy the first spirit. Phantom knew kurumi's power which means that either phantom knows who is the first spirit or is the first spirit but wont reveal it. Ultimately phantom will face shidou in some variety.
Simple. If all else fails, date them. The same holds true even if it's Phantom or the First Spirit Shido is dealing with.

Quote:
Not true. It was serious during Origami's attack because it was a serious event. You didn't see jokes swinging around when Kurumi tried to kill Shidou, did you? But the humor came back afterwards, then serious during another serious scene (Origami's attack), back to lighthearted, serious during the serious events of volume 5, etc. They never dropped the lightheartedness or humor, and the story for volume 8 shows this.

If you're counting on the story getting dark and serious, don't get your hopes up. At least not anytime soon unless the final arcs start popping up soon. (when every story with a serious plot gets serious)
And the last chapter of volume 8 is the start of everything serious... ok not really, because there's still Spirit 6. The last lighthearted chapters would be the first 4 chapters of Spirit 6's arc. After which there will be no more lightheartedness. Except for the SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
To all harem experts out there, I must say that there's a law to everything, but definitely, those laws don't apply yet. We must know how the story runs, and I think we do by now. My colleagues say that if the number of girls exceed 7, we shall expect a harem end. As for the First Girl Always Wins, it's likely, yes, but not likely at the same time.

To those who are starting to dig deep into the story, I appreciate your work. Seeing the dark side of the story just goes to show that fans are still expecting something good from it. Don't forget about Volume 8, which, IMO, is gonna be light and fun, but like Volumes 5 and 6, have a serious tinge to it.
Read top of post~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algester View Post
(it has been a given fact that Spirits don't die)
What.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
I remember there was a blog that summarized vol 7. You can try looking through the thread for the link.
There you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Of course if Shidou does harness all that power he may be deemed dangerous. And we all know who will try to kill him. Kotori would never actually kill him because of how much she loves him. Her superiors on the other hand will definitely try to snuff him out.
No, he will be deemed dangerous only if he loses control of the powers. (Or if he abuses them, but no way he's gonna do that.)

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 06:20   Link #3897
ImperialFlameGod8190

^ My friend you've got such pitiful harem eyes its painful. use your head because clearly if you used a bit of logic youd realize that half what you said is invalid.
btw your response to me is pointless because everyone knows that using the spirits powers exhausts him thus he only uses them IF HE HAS TO.
1st of all Shiori was a disguise used by shidou to get close to miku her appearing at all is revolting outside of the volume.
2nd How in blazing heck would they get to the spirit world the girls don't know where it is or how they got to earth they just know that they are there.
3rd. The yamai twins drove him crazy do u really think if he couldn't handle those two that he could handle all the girls
4th. Shidou while shidou has shown romantic moments the fact is that shidou reacts poorly to anybody whose aggressive with him regardless.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 06:38   Link #3898
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
^ My friend you've got such pitiful harem eyes its painful. use your head because clearly if you used a bit of logic youd realize that half what you said is invalid.
Really now... how so?

Quote:
btw your response to me is pointless because everyone knows that using the spirits powers exhausts him thus he only uses them IF HE HAS TO.
But they don't just exhaust him. They damage his body so badly that he has to use Kotori's healing power to heal. Since Kotori's power doesn't heal injuries his own body can heal, this means that the damage must be really serious.

Now suppose Kotori took back her powers again. He'd be screwed if he tried fighting the same way he did in volumes 5 and 7. Even though he might very well have to.

Quote:
1st of all Shiori was a disguise used by shidou to get close to miku her appearing at all is revolting outside of the volume.
Not to many of the other posters, by any indication. Just look at how many of them want Shiori to make a reappearance!

Quote:
2nd How in blazing heck would they get to the spirit world the girls don't know where it is or how they got to earth they just know that they are there.
Kurumi would. At least I should think so, knowing her.

And sooner or later I'd think he'd have to go in there anyway so there has to be some way for him to go in.

Quote:
3rd. The yamai twins drove him crazy do u really think if he couldn't handle those two that he could handle all the girls
4th. Shidou while shidou has shown romantic moments the fact is that shidou reacts poorly to anybody whose aggressive with him regardless.
Oh I'm sure all the girls would work it out somehow if a harem ending did come to pass. Such as maybe today one girl takes him, tomorrow another takes him, etc. This should tone down their aggression somewhat.

Old 2013-08-25, 06:49   Link #3899
ImperialFlameGod8190

bro honestly. the yamai twins wouldn't share our boy with tohka so I don't think they'll let others come involved.
You guys want shiori to appear because she's an attractive cross-dress If it was unattractive like keima katsuragi's cross-dress u'd be saying a different tune.
You realize your proving my point about the fact that he wont use the powers unless he has to right.
Well this is fun but I have an army to run ta ta clown boy
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 06:59   Link #3900
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
bro honestly. the yamai twins wouldn't share our boy with tohka so I don't think they'll let others come involved.
Why not? Wouldn't that serve as great character development? What I see is for them to compromise as much as Tohka would (Tohka did want Yoshino to enjoy the date she deserved). I'd think the twins would have done the same thing, character development or no.

If anything, Origami is even worse than Yamai in this regard, but she's long overdue for character development. Which she will get in her own arc.

Quote:
You guys want shiori to appear because she's an attractive cross-dress If it was unattractive like keima katsuragi's cross-dress u'd be saying a different tune.
Attractive or no I'd rather not (I did say before that I have a natural aversion towards traps), but fact is far more people want to, and it's completely at the author's discretion.

Quote:
You realize your proving my point about the fact that he wont use the powers unless he has to right.
I never said you were wrong about that.

Quote:
Well this is fun but I have an army to run ta ta clown boy
What.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-08-25 at 07:18.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, comedy, drama, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, romance, science fiction, shounen