AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-23, 18:20   Link #7981
bakapervert
A pervert

^ How about the author's other series, that Leviathan something? Maybe he will release that first before writng the next Campione.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 19:34   Link #7982
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

I think Leviathan of the Covenant's new volume will be released first before Campione though I don't know when,lets wait for Kadi
Old 2013-08-23, 21:25   Link #7983
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
no news yet I suppose cause vol 14 just got released few months ago
I can hardly wait for the end of this arc, brought all to you by the craziest of all the Kings, Salvatore "The Idiot" Doni. No matter how it ends it sure is going to live Godou with a huge headache.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 21:42   Link #7984
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I really like this arc, because there is no chance for Godou to run away from it and a situation he can't try to use his false pacifism. He is now in a situation where he has to admit, that what he done is his nature.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 23:16   Link #7985
nacer666

I think this arc will be several volumes long since yuri told him he will be going on a long journey.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 23:20   Link #7986
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
I think this arc will be several volumes long since yuri told him he will be going on a long journey.
You could be right, it couldn't just end with Doni. Maybe Doni and Godou are at the exact time where the God of the End comes and does a sweep of the current Devil Kings there. Hopefully, for goodness sake, for Godou to take his Campione status seriously unless he wants to die. No trying to persuade pacifism to your natural enemy that killed many of your brothers and sisters already.
Old 2013-08-23, 23:41   Link #7987
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

for the current Godou its still impossible to beat the King of the End,he should at least master his Authorities before facing him in the past(if ever they are in the era where the King of the End made a sweep) thats why this arc will surely be long
Old 2013-08-23, 23:49   Link #7988
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Quote:
I really like this arc, because there is no chance for Godou to run away from it and a situation he can't try to use his false pacifism
I wouldn't mind if he stops his pacifism as a development in this past world, but uh.. hopefully he'll keep his 'pacifism' to his girls as well It's just not fair to Liliana and Yuri who'd been left in the future world.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 03:02   Link #7989
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

its true that its unfair for Yuri and Liliana to be left behind so I'm thinking that somehow they will manage to find a way to get to Godou's side
Old 2013-08-24, 03:41   Link #7990
Chris38

^

Well, Yuri did say that she will find him, during the events of volume 14, so it's possible.

Anyway, personally I would wait to see, what are going to be the events of volume 15, before speculating how long this arc is going to last, since there exists a possibility that the past version of the King of the End is going to appear in volume 15, and he is going to be the main antagonist of that volume, rather then Doni.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 05:50   Link #7991
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

^I agree with you,somehow I think Doni will ally himself with Godou in fighting the King of the End
Old 2013-08-24, 06:25   Link #7992
Kadi
知識の探求者

Campione V15 should be released in (at the end of) October or November this year. The publisher lists it among the "October or later" titles, but I'm too lazy to look if there's a more exact announcement.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 08:50   Link #7993
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

so vol 15 will be released at the final quarter of the year huh,thats pretty quick compared to the other,anyway thats just good to learn
Old 2013-08-25, 05:13   Link #7994
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Honestly though, it would be boring if he just accepts his nature like that. If it was me, I would either write it to be:

Spoiler for Possible Developments:

Well, those are my possible options but since it is me and I love serious stories where the question of "How should one live life?" is explored thoroughly (according to the theme at hand of course), it doesn't really match with Campione!'s more lighthearted nature. Though myths and stories of the old's has been pretty much said to be to answer that question. Still, I would probably choose A-1, or at least B-1. I just have a thing for stories of fallen heroes, villains who things of things of themselves as heroes, and a story where the main characters becomes enemy with everyone/the whole world.

Not to mention that it would be interesting to see how he would acts in the face of imminent and unavoidable death. It always brings out the deepest characters within men, be it cowardice, bravery, heroism, selflessness, and/or selfishness. But that's just me. And Campione! probably won't be that deep (though I hope I am wrong). A shame, really.

Last edited by Feng Lengshun; 2013-08-25 at 05:24.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 12:02   Link #7995
Chris38

^ I doubt that it would go that deep, as some of you're scenario's propose.

I think that we will get some character development from Godou regarding his life as a Campione, and what he wants to do in the future but, it won't be anything too "serious", since at the moment ... this novel doesn't strike me as that kind of story.

Of course, that can always change, especially once the King of the End is going to be revived, but it depends on what kind of audience the novels gather in Japan (not us, since the publisher's generally don't care about someone that doesn't provide them with money ) and the author himself.

So, we have to wait and see, how it will go...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 12:34   Link #7996
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

A shame, really. It is usually the serious stories that is more memorable, in fact, my top 5 stories all have a deep theme and are serious. Though funnily, the number one is, of all thing, a fanfic movie, A-1 is practically a carbon copy of its scenario.

I just hope that Campione won't be your usual read and forget light novel. It just that being a writer myself, I could easily point out its weaknesses so sometimes I just felt disappointed as it could have been more. Well, then again, it is a light novel and not mentioning that Japan has different tastes.

So, any bet that Godou will ever go past the limitation of his Authorities? Or him gaining an Avatar Form?
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 13:04   Link #7997
Kadi
知識の探求者

Campione will remain lighthearted, but I can see elements of the B plotlines ....doesn't he attempt B2 already anyway, fighting trouble to keep his life normal? After going kiss-berserk in V14 I can also see a soft A2, but... I didn't like the kiss and I hope he won't get worse. just me, though. what I do hope to be memorable though is the character development and I hope in the end, Godou will be the perfect harem lead...

As for an avatar, what would that do? Use all incarnations at once? Never. In a way, Godou already is an avatar of Verethragna ... actually, the only campione with an avatar should be Alec, and in his case I think it was a spell that helps using his authority and it's a weak point... though the lightning affinity from the authority might have helped learning the spell, but that's just speculation. anyway, I don't get why people are so hung up about avatars.. (okay, potentially awesome, but... there can be better)
Old 2013-08-25, 13:10   Link #7998
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Honestly though, it would be boring if he just accepts his nature like that. If it was me, I would either write it to be:

Spoiler for Possible Developments:

Well, those are my possible options but since it is me and I love serious stories where the question of "How should one live life?" is explored thoroughly (according to the theme at hand of course), it doesn't really match with Campione!'s more lighthearted nature. Though myths and stories of the old's has been pretty much said to be to answer that question. Still, I would probably choose A-1, or at least B-1. I just have a thing for stories of fallen heroes, villains who things of things of themselves as heroes, and a story where the main characters becomes enemy with everyone/the whole world.

Not to mention that it would be interesting to see how he would acts in the face of imminent and unavoidable death. It always brings out the deepest characters within men, be it cowardice, bravery, heroism, selflessness, and/or selfishness. But that's just me. And Campione! probably won't be that deep (though I hope I am wrong). A shame, really.
Its okay for him to live a normal life, I don't want him to be a tyrant. He can live his life the way he wants when there is nothing serious that can affect people. I just want him to just accept the fact that no God will every listen to his pleas of Pacifism and stop what they are doing. Eventually a God will destroy an entire city, his excuse, "I tried to reason with him." This is the only aspect of his character I find annoying, despite having several encounters, he still persist. It is going to be eventually that he knows that there is no reasoning to Gods.
Old 2013-08-25, 13:54   Link #7999
Kadi
知識の探求者

I still think his attempts at reasoning (or the character traits that make him try that approach) are what will ultimately allow Godou to overcome the king of the end... (although there'll be plenty of asskicking, too... both ways)... oh, well, we'll see
Old 2013-08-25, 19:57   Link #8000
bakapervert
A pervert

Isn't the quirky character the real source of strength for Campione? I remember Doni once said that:

Quote:
Conflicts between us Campiones are always undertaken as battles of
obstinate wills, to prove whose manner of doing things is superior!
If Godou change himself out of character, won't he become weaker. After all this story isn't about someone overcoming his weakness and mental insecurity to grow stronger. THis is a story about someone who already ridiculously powerful from the start.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel