AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-08-23, 06:19   Link #61
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammowarrior View Post
moreover, the sunny is already in the water, and it's still artsy.
probably throwing the lady overboard should do the trick, though.
I don't find that issue as clear as it may look. By falling into the sea, Jora falls either unconscious or dies (Dying is much more likely )

As seen with Decken, when he fell unconscious his ability was cancelled. But thinking about the toy turning DF user, I think it can be assumed that he had to sleep some time in the past ten years and his ability is still active.

It would also be interesting to know, wether an ability imposed on someone is cancelled when the user dies (because the fruit respawns somewhere else) or if that event will strenghten the Devil's curse (Like Nen in HxH).
I'm tending to the first option, although I can't remember that being mentioned in the series.

Last edited by ri0; 2013-08-23 at 06:29.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 09:35   Link #62
Spammowarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
I don't find that issue as clear as it may look. By falling into the sea, Jora falls either unconscious or dies (Dying is much more likely )

As seen with Decken, when he fell unconscious his ability was cancelled. But thinking about the toy turning DF user, I think it can be assumed that he had to sleep some time in the past ten years and his ability is still active.

It would also be interesting to know, wether an ability imposed on someone is cancelled when the user dies (because the fruit respawns somewhere else) or if that event will strenghten the Devil's curse (Like Nen in HxH).
I'm tending to the first option, although I can't remember that being mentioned in the series.
I think it was stated that gekko moria had to voluntarily release the shadows he possessed (so implying that should he die, the shadows would be lost forever). But again, Decken dying (or merely passing out) would release any effect of his devil fruit.
It doesn't look like there's a clear cut rule, more like Oda does whatever the hell he prefers.
Spammowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 09:42   Link #63
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
I think it was stated that gekko moria had to voluntarily release the shadows he possessed (so implying that should he die, the shadows would be lost forever). But again, Decken dying (or merely passing out) would release any effect of his devil fruit.
It doesn't look like there's a clear cut rule, more like Oda does whatever the hell he prefers.
Moria's DF could still be cancelled with salt though. So even if he did die, they could still use salt to bring all shadows back, though in the the context of the situation they were in at that time (reaching an area with daylight), that was not an option.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 10:48   Link #64
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Yeah, that's true... perhaps it depends on the user's skill over his ability or it simply is different for every fruit (meaning Oda does whatever the hell he prefers ).
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 11:05   Link #65
golgo13

I haven't been the biggest fan of the current mini series but... I wonder whose ship that is. The ship coribou came on is featured in 714 and looks like it has "G5" on the front sail, where as the ship featured in 718 looks like a marine battle ship from the grand line.

Last edited by golgo13; 2013-08-23 at 13:49. Reason: looks it s
golgo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 01:45   Link #66
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Seems like history of dressrosa will tie in to void century somehow.
Old 2013-08-26, 12:44   Link #67
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Here's a little chapter 719 spoiler for you guys.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-26, 12:53   Link #68
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Spoiler:
You better hope those spoilers are true. Until the chapter is out I reserve judgement.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 13:02   Link #69
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
You better hope those spoilers are true. Until the chapter is out I reserve judgement.
There's no need to hope. You should be saying that to yourself, don't you think?
Old 2013-08-26, 22:24   Link #70
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Spoiler:

Sorry, but I'm afraid that this is FAKE! However, you can check out the legit spoiler here!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 12:38   Link #71
Rainbowman

Now I know not to trust you Mr. Shockingly.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote