AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-03, 20:29   Link #261
Grey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Saki said Madarame might get a harem route? Sue ships MadaXHato, Angela's never in the country, Hato's a guy, and Keiko is Keiko.

Worst harem route ever.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 04:58   Link #262
kniteowl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
The English scan was just released took a while, 3 weeks in fact... Did I read the Artist comment correctly? they're gonna skip the conclusion of the first generation of genshiken and focus on adapting the second generation instead? How is that gonna work when the story focuses on Madarame? Will there be a a massive flash back scene or they'll do some OVAs on it afterwards?

As for the Manga, looks like the gathering of the Harem has began... :P I can't tell whether Madarame is either worried or excited about the comfies, may be both simultaneously
__________________
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 09:51   Link #263
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Saki said Madarame might get a harem route? Sue ships MadaXHato, Angela's never in the country, Hato's a guy, and Keiko is Keiko.

Worst harem route ever.
I can't think of a better harem composition.

I really like Keiko despite her not being your typical bishoujo character, I find her pretty endearing even back in the first series. And Hato is by far the most delicious character in the series, and Sue goes without saying.

I'd rather have this harem than majority of OH LOOKIE I GOT TWELEVE IMOUTO ALL WANTING MY COCK harems out there.
I guess because, I can feel the pulse of these characters, and not being just some two dimentional copypasta symbols scribbled on a paper.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 04:12   Link #264
kniteowl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Yay Chapter 88 came out on time unlike Chapter 87.

I'm curious what Susan's plans are for Sue & Madarame,

Hato x Yajima seems pretty interesting to, can't wait for July, new Genshiken anime and new chapter
__________________
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 16:39   Link #265
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Spoiler for ch 91:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 08:09   Link #266
The Sandman
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 91:
And then, if I'm reading the next few pages right (my Japanese isn't very good),
Spoiler:
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 14:06   Link #267
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Yes!

You can't run from yourself, Hato.
Soon or later you're going to have accept your other half, otherwise, this personality disorder isn't going to ever be solved.

It's my theory that his strange persona disorder comes from his own self denial of his sexuality, and unless he gathers the guts to face his own self it's not going away. The female ghost Hato is obviously a representation of his own anima.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 20:38   Link #268
Alhazred
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
And then, if I'm reading the next few pages right (my Japanese isn't very good),
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Yup:
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 22:47   Link #269
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I remember a doujinshi with that foursome
I'm still waiting someone to translate it...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 22:29   Link #270
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
This seem like a good chance for Madarame and Keiko to spend a bit of time together; maybe with Keiko helping him out a bit with his injury.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 00:13   Link #271
kniteowl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
English translation of chp 89 is out, everyone else following the raws are already onto chapter 91 :-(.

All I can say about chp 89 is, Sue where are you when we need you the most!
__________________
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 01:43   Link #272
kniteowl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Sorry for the double post but Chapter 90 is translated and out.

Wow i had no idea how clueless Madarame is, now he knows, kind of lol...
__________________
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 10:43   Link #273
Lisemer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
You know you can edit your post to write something more in other moment?
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 04:14   Link #274
kniteowl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Chapter 91 is out

S**t really did hit the fan there lol, maybe Madarame breaking his wrist is a good thing, especially if it's his dominant hand if you know what I mean lmao.

I can't wait to see Keiko meet Angela, I orginally was hoping for a mini-showdown between the two but I don't see it happening mostly because Angela doesn't mind sharing lol.
__________________

Last edited by kniteowl; 2013-09-09 at 04:40.
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 13:16   Link #275
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Angela's the best. I don't know why her friends give her such a hard time...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 13:45   Link #276
Alhazred
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Hmm... strangely, i'd sort of give Keiko an advantage at the moment if she actually made with the wooing. When taken as a person and a romantic interest i think she's probably the most approachable of the four because she's a familiar, understandable sort of 'alien.' She's a 'normal' and a bit of an underachiever who stands out mostly for being slightly pathetic but not giving up. They don't share many interests but they can banter comfortably without feeling threatened (most of the time.) The main issue here is that it's hard to gauge her level of interest and it's hard for her to shake the 'minor character' stigma given that she's almost never around.

Sue and Hato are similar to some extent, in that Madarame can choose to treat Sue like a child or a small, noisy pet and he can choose to treat Hato like a guy, but this comfort zone might vanish if they got serious as they are both pretty exceptional in their own ways. As we've seen, Angela is the most threatening of the lot as she comes on strong and is willing to go for shock tactics all the time. However, despite her over-sized presence (in many ways), Angela also suffers from the fact that she is only around during Comifes. I wonder if she was feeling a bit melancholy, given the looks she was shooting Sue once she figured out that Sue liked Madarame too...
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 16:23   Link #277
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
No, don't run! Go for the harem route, Madarame!!
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 08:08   Link #278
henwy
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Deep inside I knew it would never actually pan out but part of me couldn't help but go WTFBBQ at the almost proposed foursome. Damn you Sue! I have no clue what the response would have been but if he simply ran at the thought of having all three of them love him, I would love to have seen his reaction to the orgy.

So far, the entire 2nd chapter of genshiken seems to be following along the same general path as nerd wish fulfillment. Madarame seems like a nice guy and all but lets not delude ourselves into thinking he, even slightly, deserves all the ridiculous attention he's getting. Even your average harem series protagonist has more loveable points than him.
henwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 10:29   Link #279
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
Hmm... strangely, i'd sort of give Keiko an advantage at the moment if she actually made with the wooing. When taken as a person and a romantic interest i think she's probably the most approachable of the four because she's a familiar, understandable sort of 'alien.' She's a 'normal' and a bit of an underachiever who stands out mostly for being slightly pathetic but not giving up. They don't share many interests but they can banter comfortably without feeling threatened (most of the time.) The main issue here is that it's hard to gauge her level of interest and it's hard for her to shake the 'minor character' stigma given that she's almost never around.
I've always had this soft-spot for the "ko-gal falling for the nerd she made fun of" trope.
Not for some wish fulfillment fantasies, but simply because I find the "odd couple" formula dawwwww inducing.

One of my favorite was the bully girl falling in love with the bullied nerd (who manned up) in GTO. One of my all time fave couple.

But as much as I like Keiko, Hato's ever increasing feminine side is also fascinating, and would love to see the manga take a serious route with it as well.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 16:37   Link #280
Alhazred
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by henwy View Post
So far, the entire 2nd chapter of genshiken seems to be following along the same general path as nerd wish fulfillment. Madarame seems like a nice guy and all but lets not delude ourselves into thinking he, even slightly, deserves all the ridiculous attention he's getting. Even your average harem series protagonist has more loveable points than him.
Eh, i don't think it's all that unreasonable; attraction often doesn't give jack about whether or not the object of attraction is 'deserving,' and none of the girls seem to really be head over heels in love with him. Keiko's interest, if genuine, has been displayed in particularly subtle ways that a guy like Madarame could be excused for not catching (i.e. the makeup thing.) For the other three the initial point of interest in him is as a fetish object for their BL fantasies. I think this justification is reasonably plausible, even if the development has been pretty 'convenient.'Also, Sue and Hato at least probably haven't had much interaction with other potential partners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I've always had this soft-spot for the "ko-gal falling for the nerd she made fun of" trope.
Not for some wish fulfillment fantasies, but simply because I find the "odd couple" formula dawwwww inducing.

One of my favorite was the bully girl falling in love with the bullied nerd (who manned up) in GTO. One of my all time fave couple.

But as much as I like Keiko, Hato's ever increasing feminine side is also fascinating, and would love to see the manga take a serious route with it as well.
As displayed by her expert analysis of his state of mind (when he quit his job) and her subsequent vamping on him in the club room, i think Keiko has the strongest handle on Madarame's personality - and unlike the others, her perception of him is entirely divorced from any kind of fetish or fantasy. I do hope Kio develops her and Sue's sides further, though. In terms of character development Hato does have kind of an unfair advantage. ^_^;
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.