AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-26, 19:54   Link #981
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I sure hope they haven't forget about little old Asia here...>_>
I'm guessing Asia will get the release dates soon. TGS is before November right? Sony would make that kind of announcement on its home ground.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 21:06   Link #982
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm guessing Asia will get the release dates soon. TGS is before November right? Sony would make that kind of announcement on its home ground.
TGS starts on September 19. There's a chance that the Japanese and Asian release date will be announced at the SCEJ event on September 9. The other major industry event is PAX Prime, but it wouldn't make any sense for Sony to say anything about Asia there.
Old 2013-08-28, 11:13   Link #983
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Rime “all about light,” says creative director

Quote:
“Life in Deadlight was defined by the silhouettes that the light left. There was light in darkness, beauty in ugliness, and life in death,” Rubio told Analog Addiction. “Rime is just the opposite.” When the night comes, the light will disappear, and “things” will wander in the dark.

The game’s story will be told not with words, but through the environment. The island on which it’s set is said to be a character itself.
Quote:
The music you heard in the game’s announcement trailer was composed by David Garcia. Akira Yamaoka, of Silent Hill fame, will be composing the game’s original soundtrack.

“Sound is everything in Rime,” Rubio said. “You’ll eventually understand what I mean.”
They got Silent Hill's composer onboard
Old 2013-08-28, 11:29   Link #984
Freeter
i see baka people

Maybe they can also get Ueda on board. Not like he's doing anything at the moment

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 11:31   Link #985
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Maybe they can also get Ueda on board. Not like he's doing anything at the moment
He's busy playing Candy Crush Saga, didn't you hear?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 14:44   Link #986
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
http://commu.jp.playstation.com/blog...ej_pc2013.html

Quote:
Sony said it will announce the launch timing of the PS4 in Japan at a Sept. 9 news conference. Sony declined to say when the launch date would be, but the expectation is that Japan will not be first this time around.
Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia, will hold "SCEJA Press Conference 2013" as a forum for sales strategy in the PlayStation business in Japan on Monday the 9th September.

In addition, we also plan to have live coverage from the PlayStation ® official Twitter account and domestic streaming on the PlayStation ® official site on the day of the event.
I'm ready.

[edit]
Wait, apparently this is old news.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2013-08-29 at 14:56.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 19:09   Link #987
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

"Bound by Flame" confirmed for PlayStation 4

Quote:
In the game, you play as a mercenary possessed by a flame demon, and have to choose between the powers offered by your host, or to keep your humanity and develop heroic talents instead. If you progress with demonic influence, it will show on the hero’s body. Depending on the your choices and the demon’s influence, some chapters will offer different scenarios. Companions will also join you on your journey, and allow you to develop friendships, romances, and rivalries.
EDIT:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-08-29 at 23:27.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 23:26   Link #988
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Sony working with Atlus, Level-5, Rockstar Games, and other studios on ‘exclusive PlayStation game content’

Quote:
“We’ve forged great third-party partnerships with some of the biggest developers to bring exclusive game content to PlayStation gamers which creates the best place to play,” Coleman said.

This list, which we’ve typed up below, spans companies like Activision Blizzard to Atlus to Level-5 to Rockstar Games. We’ve attached known PlayStation-exclusive content to each company. The rest are a mystery, as “game content” can mean anything from an additional 60 minutes of gameplay like Watch Dogs or Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag to a fully exclusive game like Deep Down.
Wait, what? "Deep Down" confirmed exclusive?
Old 2013-08-30, 05:09   Link #989
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Wait, what? "Deep Down" confirmed exclusive?
No, that line was typed by Gematsu.

Until someone from Capcom or Sony directly confirms that it's a non-timed console exclusive, it's still in a shady position of PS4/PC without any denial of other platforms.

IMO, Deep Down allows cross-play between PC and PS4 players, which is why it's exclusive. ( because MS doesn't allow cross-platform gameplay )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2013-08-30, 05:21   Link #990
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

I see, thanks for clearing it up.
Old 2013-08-30, 06:03   Link #991
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
No, that line was typed by Gematsu.

Until someone from Capcom or Sony directly confirms that it's a non-timed console exclusive, it's still in a shady position of PS4/PC without any denial of other platforms.

IMO, Deep Down allows cross-play between PC and PS4 players, which is why it's exclusive. ( because MS doesn't allow cross-platform gameplay )
Still, it seems like quite a big deal, and I don't see it getting the press it should. Or maybe it's just me?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 08:01   Link #992
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Unfortunately, the games industry has become this crazy world where you need to pay attention to words like...

"exclusive", "console exclusive", 'first on", "console exclusive debut", "timed", "we're focusing on the current platform, which is", "the only place you can play", etc.

Basically, until some from the company outright denies any possibility of the game being on a different platform, there's a 99% chance of it being multiplatform.

Old 2013-08-30, 08:10   Link #993
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Btw on Neogaf the topic of The PS4 camera having the same vocal recognition software as the Kinetic has come up.

Would be all kinds of fun if they have more countries available than then Xbox at launch
Old 2013-08-30, 08:42   Link #994
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Of all Kinect-features, voice-recognition is probably the easiest component for the PS4 to copy.

I wouldn't be surprised if PS4 ends up being able to do all of Xbox's voice-command features within one year.

Old 2013-08-30, 10:59   Link #995
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Speaking of Deep Down, I can't wait until more is revealed about the game and its supposed connection to Dragon's Dogma if any.
But can you take me home?
Sakuranbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 12:28   Link #996
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Quote:
Would be all kinds of fun if they have more countries available than then Xbox at launch
But they are going to be available in a lot more countries, at launch.
Maybe you meant languages? I'd be happy with just english, for now, to be honest.

I mean, really, even if you do speak english, the voice commands won't be available if you're in another country? What a load of bull...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 01:32   Link #997
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Galak-Z: The Dimensional PAX trailer

EDIT:

Road Not Taken trailer

(also for Vita)

Old 2013-09-02, 14:12   Link #998
Dextro
He Without a Title

In case anyone's curious about the UI of the console here's a video:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Looks pretty good to me. I wonder if the Vita will get an update to bring it more in line with it or if they'll keep the bloody bubbles

Old 2013-09-04, 23:29   Link #999
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
In case anyone's curious about the UI of the console here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFwBsPR8AVw

Looks pretty good to me. I wonder if the Vita will get an update to bring it more in line with it or if they'll keep the bloody bubbles

I think Vita's bubble UI would probably remain unchanged since it works with the touch interface. That PS4 UI font reminds me of the PS3's current PSN Store UI. Looks pretty clean and simple, I like it. November feels so far away...
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 16:46   Link #1000
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
I think Vita's bubble UI would probably remain unchanged since it works with the touch interface. That PS4 UI font reminds me of the PS3's current PSN Store UI. Looks pretty clean and simple, I like it. November feels so far away...
I like the fact that the UI is still using category logos just like the XMB used. I actually like the XMB quite a bit even if it never did scale particularly well.