AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 14-16 Rating
Perfect 10 25 19.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 13.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 7.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 33 25.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-29, 02:54   Link #441
hyl
zomg
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yosuga no Sora was based on an Eroge ( I may be wrong) so we could have expected that the adaptation will be ecchi or at least romance with some zest of ecchi. And looked what we've got... Tons of vanilla sex. Awesome yeah!

Look at Oreimo... well I don't mind Oreimo having an incest ending (even with sex) but it's an adaptation of a "supposedly decent or wholesome" novel... I think the main reason why some are against incest for Oreimo is because of the shipping wars...
I have seen many animes adapted from eroges that are actually milder on the ecchi fanservice than LN adaptations.
Like the Highschool DxD (which you are using in your sig and avatar) anime has a whole lot of more ecchi fanservice than most eroge adaptations and that was based on a LN
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 02:59   Link #442
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
That's why I said on the last that probably,

Quote:
I think the main reason why some are against incest for Oreimo is because of the shipping wars...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 16:46   Link #443
bin1127
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But, I would always say this: this was never really a story about who would "win the OreImo" in that sense; it was only ever really a story about Kyousuke and Kirino rekindling their relationship.

relentlessflame have commented really thoroughly on what is really the basic goal of oreimo's story and i think this quote really sums it up for me. Even though the story could've a leaned towards a harem development, the author kept a pretty strong focus on the kyousuke's and kirino's falling out as siblings and bringing them back together through otaku culture. It was always in my mind that the brother/sister relationship is what's being developed and not any kind of incestual romance. To the point that I didn't really believe kyousuke would confess to kirino as a man would to a woman.

It surprised me a bit to actually see the final development turn out that way. But really, a kid sister admiring and being infatuated about her brother isn't untypical (I would think) and a big brother doting on a little sister being the same. So after they had their "fun" and one big juicy smooch after, the circle is complete coming out with a repaired and more resilient sibling relationship. But how healthy is it to go beyond the norms of sibling affection? Well, I'll point your way to game of thrones ep 1. Now that is unhealthy.
bin1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 18:11   Link #444
Megatron420
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Megatron420 - Disagrees

The title of the show is "My little sister can't be this cute". There are numerous scenes throughout the series that toy with sexual behavior between siblings(Ep.1 Kirino crawling up to Kyousuke backing him against the wall.....and then picks up the box)They towed the line of a devilish taboo romance and pushed it about as far as you can go on T.V. They told you that eventhough they were estranged at some point Kirino 3 years prior to ep.1 had a convo with Manami and Manami told her it was wrong. They come together as siblings, but there's tension and taboo references throughout Oreimo which keeps you captivated. Oh by the way for those who don't know "Taboo" means forbidden, and all tales of forbidden romance sell in any forum.


Megatron420 has spoken!
Megatron420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 19:09   Link #445
Kaizoku-Ou
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
The ending, bittersweet as it was, did seem to leave sufficient room for Kirino or, more likely, Kyousuke to find someone else. I know some cite the author's statements and the light novel version to dispute this, but all it really indicates is that they will continue to have a complicated relationship with elements of romance. None of the practical issues with openly pursuing a romantic relationship are going to disappear. For me, the idea of them going back to being "normal siblings" was a way of freeing them them from the burden of their relationship. It gives them the option of breaking away and living normal lives at some point, even if they continue their romance in secret for a time.

It does seem to keep open the possibility of other relationships, one in particular. While I would want to know exactly what is in that little "10 years later" bonus story, the summaries mentioned on here do reveal a bit of something in the nature of the situation that keeps it open to me. Personally, I have a hard time imagining teenage friends being so close ten years later that one's little sisters would go over to the other's house to watch shows and get advice about family. Especially odd for them to know where she lives and go there on their own. To me it just seems like a situation where there is more to the story.

Kuroneko is really the only girl in the series I think Kyousuke could consider leaving Kirino for at some point and probably the only one who would be willing to take him, baggage included, after him stomping on her heart.
Kaizoku-Ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 19:50   Link #446
bin1127
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizoku-Ou View Post

It does seem to keep open the possibility of other relationships, one in particular. While I would want to know exactly what is in that little "10 years later" bonus story, the summaries mentioned on here do reveal a bit of something in the nature of the situation that keeps it open to me. Personally, I have a hard time imagining teenage friends being so close ten years later that one's little sisters would go over to the other's house to watch shows and get advice about family. Especially odd for them to know where she lives and go there on their own. To me it just seems like a situation where there is more to the story.
That's what I got from reading other people's post on the bonus material too. Kyousuke and Kuroneko must have maintained a closer than friends relationship in the future. So I guess even the author wanted to have the last three episodes as a final act on KxK's romance and afterwards really reverted to being "normal" as in everyone goes to find their true love in the world. If that is the case, then the destiny kuroneko foretold really did come true. All three of them are happy and still together in the future. umu umu
bin1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 20:19   Link #447
Megatron420
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Once again Oreimo ia an abreviation for the japanese phrase "My little sister cant be this cute", if Kyousuke ends up with anyone but Kirino or just has a normal sibling relationship it would be a different titled show. Even if Kyousuke managed to marry someone else based off the story the more time kirino and him spend near each other would strain their other relationships....... and let's face it they can't stay away from each other. I know some people have a problem with the "incest" theme however a good story is a good story emphasis on "fictional story" not real. Your fooling yourself to think otherwise, especially those who were shocked by the ending, I mean she played sister brother eroge games. She said it was because she thought the girls were cute, but its clearly because she "really likes her brother", and not like hey bro were normal siblings. Their not normal, so to forsee a normal future is wishful thinking. I could see what you say happening but only if they didn't see each other for a couple years, however if they ever reunited all bets would be off.

- Megatron420

Oh and if Kuroneko, Kyousuke, and Kirino are still together kuroneko would just be a friend/spectator, anything else and she'll wind up the victim (kinda like the first time).

- Megatron420

Ok and this shipping war stuff, Oreimo is not a wholesome novel. What kind of wholesome novel has a guy get dumped by his girlfriend cause his sister has a crush on him, or who gets temporarily removed from his house because their mother suspects their messing around. It's "a devilish romance" as stated in one of the opening cover pages of one of the manga's of season 1. The antagonistic dialog, and tension built around Kirino and Kyousuke was captivating [blood related or not] it was well written. If you think any part of Oreimo is PG you've been completely desensitized (think about what position Kirino wakes Kyousuke up in no "normal" sister does that. Everything I've read and seen supports my statements, in fact the author always intended a Kirino ending (obviously read my other post) he wanted a kiss on the lips for the last seen when their shopping but Aniplex said no (or who ever's in charge). Once Oreimo gained popularity and was on television there are certain words, depictions, and relationships your not allowed to show depending on time and country. The writer could have made it clearer but in anime format, it would have never aired. The novel had to begin to mirror the flow of the show because people read the chapters b4 the anime, and I'm sure once contracts were signed Aniplex had to approve that content too. He wanted to go full fledge but he did just about as much as u can do and get away with it.


Megatron420 - Has spoken!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-30 at 01:27. Reason: please edit rather than posting multiple times in a row
Megatron420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 00:00   Link #448
Kaizoku-Ou
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron420 View Post
Once again Oreimo ia an abreviation for the japanese phrase "My little sister cant be this cute", if Kyousuke ends up with anyone but Kirino or just has a normal sibling relationship it would be a different titled show. Even if Kyousuke managed to marry someone else based off the story the more time kirino and him spend near each other would strain their other relationships....... and let's face it they can't stay away from each other. I know some people have a problem with the "incest" theme however a good story is a good story emphasis on "fictional story" not real. Your fooling yourself to think otherwise, especially those who were shocked by the ending, I mean she played sister brother eroge games. She said it was because she thought the girls were cute, but its clearly because she "really likes her brother", and not like hey bro were normal siblings. Their not normal, so to forsee a normal future is wishful thinking. I could see what you say happening but only if they didn't see each other for a couple years, however if they ever reunited all bets would be off.

- Megatron420

Oh and if Kuroneko, Kyousuke, and Kirino are still together kuroneko would just be a friend/spectator, anything else and she'll wind up the victim (kinda like the first time).

- Megatron420
You say these things as though they are facts, but the truth is none of us here actually know. Obviously, his sister is the focus of the story, but that does not mean he has to be in a monogamous romantic relationship with his sister for all his remaining days. People change over time. Young people, in particular, tend to change quite a bit as they grow. To assume they will be the same way emotionally even a year down the line is assuming too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron420 View Post
Ok and this shipping war stuff, Oreimo is not a wholesome novel. What kind of wholesome novel has a guy get dumped by his girlfriend cause his sister has a crush on him, or who gets temporarily removed from his house because their mother suspects their messing around. It's "a devilish romance" as stated in one of the opening cover pages of one of the manga's of season 1. The antagonistic dialog, and tension built around Kirino and Kyousuke was captivating [blood related or not] it was well written. If you think any part of Oreimo is PG you've been completely desensitized (think about what position Kirino wakes Kyousuke up in no "normal" sister does that. Everything I've read and seen supports my statements, in fact the author always intended a Kirino ending (obviously read my other post) he wanted a kiss on the lips for the last seen when their shopping but Aniplex said no (or who ever's in charge). Once Oreimo gained popularity and was on television there are certain words, depictions, and relationships your not allowed to show depending on time and country. The writer could have made it clearer but in anime format, it would have never aired. The novel had to begin to mirror the flow of the show because people read the chapters b4 the anime, and I'm sure once contracts were signed Aniplex had to approve that content too. He wanted to go full fledge but he did just about as much as u can do and get away with it.


Megatron420 - Has spoken!
I sort of figured it wasn't "wholesome" when it started out with the older brother finding that his Junior High sister plays erotic video games involving little girls. There were other tip-offs, such as the girl who happily recounts her fantasy about one of the boys in their club getting gang-raped by the other boys. Doubt anyone interested in this series thinks of it as a "wholesome" one.

As I said, I know all the stuff you just said. What the author says he wanted their relationship to be like at the ending point of the series, however, isn't the same as where the story would go well after that point. The very nature of their relationship creates the possibility of them ending up with other people in adulthood and absent information definitively saying otherwise there is no reason to be insistent on the point.
Kaizoku-Ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 00:40   Link #449
SigUp
Temporary Tohka
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizoku-Ou View Post
You say these things as though they are facts, but the truth is none of us here actually know. Obviously, his sister is the focus of the story, but that does not mean he has to be in a monogamous romantic relationship with his sister for all his remaining days. People change over time. Young people, in particular, tend to change quite a bit as they grow. To assume they will be the same way emotionally even a year down the line is assuming too much.
[...]
As I said, I know all the stuff you just said. What the author says he wanted their relationship to be like at the ending point of the series, however, isn't the same as where the story would go well after that point. The very nature of their relationship creates the possibility of them ending up with other people in adulthood and absent information definitively saying otherwise there is no reason to be insistent on the point.
I disagree wholesome there. The tapes are an important hint. There Kirino said:

"What do I need to do to make him love me? What do I need to do to be with him forever."

followed by the anime addition of Kyousuke and Kirino saying "Leave it to me". Kyousuke also told this to the reader during that face-off with Manami, when he shouted that he loved his sister:

"I did try to look for a way out, but there was no escape route for me. There was also no bright future. But I would not give up. I could only keep walking down this route."

And going by the epilogue, this was no real closure for their relationship. Furthermore, Kuroneko basically cut the bridge between her and Kyousuke. That was stated clearly in the novel. Naturally with the anime not including all those inner monologues an anime-only watcher won't get these aspects.

Of course you are not wrong in stating that anything can happen down the road. But your conclusions are not supported by the story. By the same token I could also say (I am deliberately exaggerating), that tomorrow the train on which the siblings are explodes and they die in each others arms. But I can't really make an argument for that happening.
__________________
SigUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 01:51   Link #450
bin1127
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I disagree wholesome there. The tapes are an important hint. There Kirino said:

"What do I need to do to make him love me? What do I need to do to be with him forever."

followed by the anime addition of Kyousuke and Kirino saying "Leave it to me". Kyousuke also told this to the reader during that face-off with Manami, when he shouted that he loved his sister:

"I did try to look for a way out, but there was no escape route for me. There was also no bright future. But I would not give up. I could only keep walking down this route."
I agree that the tapes were powerful evidence of Kirino's love for her brother. But "forever" seemed like a word fit for the emotional context but not likely to be taken literally. It's like our first gf/bf might've seemed like the be all and end all, but the school season ends, we switch classes and our hormones directs us to a new different orgy.

At the point when they were listening to the tapes together was actually after the hotel promise of keeping it to a winter fling. Not speculating on the future, but I believe kirino at the point must've come to some new conclusion as an older person and saw that the promise of a short love was a good compromise. And the younger the tapes were recorded, the more it felt like admiring your brother whom you think can accomplish everything in the world rather than love love. Because any sibling that young that says "i'm going to marry onii-chan" will probably just grow up a sibling that wants to borrow your civic come license time to go out with her own bf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron420 View Post
Once again Oreimo ia an abreviation for the japanese phrase "My little sister cant be this cute", if Kyousuke ends up with anyone but Kirino or just has a normal sibling relationship it would be a different titled show.
I think the title just specifies that the imouto will be the focus of this story. The title would be completely appropriate even if the whole story was about siscon kyousuke with or without incest. and even at the point when K and K both accepted that they weren't going to date anyone else, I still wouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that "yup, it's gotta be and only can be incest" from that point on. Of course the fact that it did go down that road was a possibility that I accept also but I felt nothing for certain going into the last 3 eps.
bin1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 02:51   Link #451
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bin1127 View Post
At the point when they were listening to the tapes together was actually after the hotel promise of keeping it to a winter fling. Not speculating on the future, but I believe kirino at the point must've come to some new conclusion as an older person and saw that the promise of a short love was a good compromise.
That's a bit inconsistent with the specific wording of the comment they responded to, though. I would put it in a different way: their view is that their continued relationship does not depend on whether or not they're acting as "lovers". In addition to the time-limited "dating", Kirino also cancelled her plans to go overseas so that she could stay with Kyousuke even after the time was up. So in the end, the essence of her wish was "Did you get to marry the person you love? How do I get him to love me? How can stay with him forever?"... and in their view, the plan they decided on accomplished all three. (She got married to him (with caveats), he loves her back, and now they'll be together forever.) Of course, the epilogue adds a twist on Kirino's view of that plan (she thought they could only be together forever if they don't show any physical affection, but he breaks the pact), and life counselling resumes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bin1127 View Post
I agree that the tapes were powerful evidence of Kirino's love for her brother. But "forever" seemed like a word fit for the emotional context but not likely to be taken literally. It's like our first gf/bf might've seemed like the be all and end all, but the school season ends, we switch classes and our hormones directs us to a new different orgy.
If you follow that logic, though, this could truly apply to any possible romantic ending in this story. Or, if you want to be even more literal, this even already happened in this very story, with Kuroneko as Kyousuke's first girlfriend, who ended up dumping him, and Kyousuke's hormones led him to Kirino and to reject every other romantic interest in his life to show that he left no backup plan (that she was "the one").

I think buying into romantic anime in general requires some willingness to believe in the idealistic lasting nature of the relationship between the final couple, or else it renders the protagonist's decision and development over the course of the story rather pointless. I think this view still applies to this story, despite the slightly-tricky nature of the ending.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 02:58   Link #452
SigUp
Temporary Tohka
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bin1127 View Post
I agree that the tapes were powerful evidence of Kirino's love for her brother. But "forever" seemed like a word fit for the emotional context but not likely to be taken literally. It's like our first gf/bf might've seemed like the be all and end all, but the school season ends, we switch classes and our hormones directs us to a new different orgy.

At the point when they were listening to the tapes together was actually after the hotel promise of keeping it to a winter fling. Not speculating on the future, but I believe kirino at the point must've come to some new conclusion as an older person and saw that the promise of a short love was a good compromise. And the younger the tapes were recorded, the more it felt like admiring your brother whom you think can accomplish everything in the world rather than love love. Because any sibling that young that says "i'm going to marry onii-chan" will probably just grow up a sibling that wants to borrow your civic come license time to go out with her own bf.
There are a few hitches with that interpretation. First of all is what relentlessflame has stated in a previous post. Due to Kyousuke's admisson of love, Kirino cancelled her plan to go abroad. This is important, as it shows, that they want to be together. Furthermore, by your argumentation it sounds like their love can be switched off on command, which is highly unlikely. If it can't be switched off and Kirino really wanted to keep it a short love, then she should have left abroad. Otherwise there is always the danger of that love flaring up. Finally, the epilogue suggests that despite the outward statement, they can't quite keep it. First with Kirino asking Kyousuke yet again to buy her a ring, which he does. Then with Kyousuke kissing Kirino (on the lips, that's what the author wanted). Somebody (I think it was once again relentlessflame) has stated that the purpose of staying together, even if it means going back to siblings in their normal behaviour, is at least Kirino's ultimate goal. Therefore they really aren't "on the market".

EDIT: Saw it only now, but relentlessflame has basically said what I indirectly quoted.
__________________
SigUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 06:22   Link #453
Megatron420
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
There are a few hitches with that interpretation. First of all is what relentlessflame has stated in a previous post. Due to Kyousuke's admisson of love, Kirino cancelled her plan to go abroad. This is important, as it shows, that they want to be together. Furthermore, by your argumentation it sounds like their love can be switched off on command, which is highly unlikely. If it can't be switched off and Kirino really wanted to keep it a short love, then she should have left abroad. Otherwise there is always the danger of that love flaring up. Finally, the epilogue suggests that despite the outward statement, they can't quite keep it. First with Kirino asking Kyousuke yet again to buy her a ring, which he does. Then with Kyousuke kissing Kirino (on the lips, that's what the author wanted). Somebody (I think it was once again relentlessflame) has stated that the purpose of staying together, even if it means going back to siblings in their normal behaviour, is at least Kirino's ultimate goal. Therefore they really aren't "on the market".

EDIT: Saw it only now, but relentlessflame has basically said what I indirectly quoted.

Finnally! Somebody makes sense - Megatron420 has spoken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

I think buying into romantic anime in general requires some willingness to believe in the idealistic lasting nature of the relationship between the final couple, or else it renders the protagonist's decision and development over the course of the story rather pointless. I think this view still applies to this story, despite the slightly-tricky nature of the ending.
Megatron420 - Everyone take a few minutes to look at this(relentlessflames post) it's 100% true. It was a highly rated show due to the siblings and their odd relationship, if you remove that element, it becomes a different show geared towards a younger audience, and would not be interesting to watch for adults and adolescents of a certain age. Who cares if some random chic at his high school has a crush on him or even Kuroneko for that matter.You watch the show because his younger sister straddles him wakes him up in the middle of the night and reveals her anime eroge fetish and it makes you go "what the ****" but you keep watching to see what happens next. Yes other stuff happens along the way but you cant gloss over that, they are not normal and most certainly not to be trusted alone(especially Kirino who is usually the agressor direct or indirectly).The author had to constantly tame his material because of censors everyone was against his ending and he did it anyway(kinda like the story). In conclusion a future where they are truly "normal siblings is highly unlikely unless they completely abandon all prior material. I think the writer always intended to use a train wreck approach to their story, but when it got picked up and put on T.V. once $$$$/censors/timeslot involved he had to tame the story and end the show at season 2.


Megatron420 - Has spoken!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-31 at 13:01. Reason: merge double-post
Megatron420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 09:18   Link #454
Thailog
Missing-nin
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I wish the anime had shown more of the happy moments from Kirino and Kyousuke's time as a couple. In the Light Novels, you see them holding hands, taking another photo booth picture together (which turned out nicer than the old one) and genuinely enjoying each other's company.

If the anime had left that and the Meruru ring scene intact, things would have been a bit clearer. IMO, moments like that illustrate how hard it is for Kirino and Kyousuke to keep their feelings for each other in check, despite their agreement.

Last edited by Thailog; 2013-08-30 at 09:30.
Thailog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 21:38   Link #455
Kaizoku-Ou
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I disagree wholesome there. The tapes are an important hint. There Kirino said:

"What do I need to do to make him love me? What do I need to do to be with him forever."

followed by the anime addition of Kyousuke and Kirino saying "Leave it to me". Kyousuke also told this to the reader during that face-off with Manami, when he shouted that he loved his sister:

"I did try to look for a way out, but there was no escape route for me. There was also no bright future. But I would not give up. I could only keep walking down this route."

And going by the epilogue, this was no real closure for their relationship. Furthermore, Kuroneko basically cut the bridge between her and Kyousuke. That was stated clearly in the novel. Naturally with the anime not including all those inner monologues an anime-only watcher won't get these aspects.

Of course you are not wrong in stating that anything can happen down the road. But your conclusions are not supported by the story. By the same token I could also say (I am deliberately exaggerating), that tomorrow the train on which the siblings are explodes and they die in each others arms. But I can't really make an argument for that happening.
I wouldn't put much stock in what the characters say about their feelings and intentions. They are teenagers after all, prone to dramatic flare, and have welched at other points in the series. As I noted above, though, I wasn't just going off the "anything could happen" argument either. When I read the summary of that little bonus pamphlet it struck me as odd for Kuroneko's little sisters to be going over to Kirino to get advice or watch tv ten years in the future. One could come up with any number of reasons for that and there may be hints in the actual text suggesting one, but it was just the impression I got.

Honestly, I am not even dismissing the prospect of Kirino and Kyousuke staying romantically involved at the same time as I could just as easily see them as eventually agreeing to some sort of arrangement whereby they are allowed to pursue normal relationships, yet still continue their own relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think buying into romantic anime in general requires some willingness to believe in the idealistic lasting nature of the relationship between the final couple, or else it renders the protagonist's decision and development over the course of the story rather pointless. I think this view still applies to this story, despite the slightly-tricky nature of the ending.
Except, they can never really have an idealistic relationship. So much as living alone together in adulthood would create problems for them.

Last edited by Kaizoku-Ou; 2013-08-30 at 21:58.
Kaizoku-Ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 22:47   Link #456
Megatron420
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizoku-Ou View Post
I wouldn't put much stock in what the characters say about their feelings and intentions. They are teenagers after all, prone to dramatic flare, and have welched at other points in the series. As I noted above, though, I wasn't just going off the "anything could happen" argument either. When I read the summary of that little bonus pamphlet it struck me as odd for Kuroneko's little sisters to be going over to Kirino to get advice or watch tv ten years in the future. One could come up with any number of reasons for that and there may be hints in the actual text suggesting one, but it was just the impression I got.

Honestly, I am not even dismissing the prospect of Kirino and Kyousuke staying romantically involved at the same time as I could just as easily see them as eventually agreeing to some sort of arrangement whereby they are allowed to pursue normal relationships, yet still continue their own relationship.



Except, they can never really have an idealistic relationship. So much as living alone together in adulthood would create problems for them.
- Unless they elope to another country where no one knows their siblings and they put up a front back home, Kirino is a model and travels abroad.. Just a thought

- Megatron420

Anyways I'm starting work on a Oreimo doujinshi that will focus on the time before Kyousuke leaves for college. I'm hoping to put out 4 issues I want to do more but for the continuation after college I need an artist. Ill let everyone know when issue 1 is ready I wrote them to feel as realistic as possible so it feels like a direct continuation of the series. Issue 1 should be done in a week or so maybe sooner.

- Megatron420 has spoken!

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-08-31 at 10:58. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Megatron420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 00:42   Link #457
SigUp
Temporary Tohka
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizoku-Ou View Post
I wouldn't put much stock in what the characters say about their feelings and intentions. They are teenagers after all, prone to dramatic flare, and have welched at other points in the series. As I noted above, though, I wasn't just going off the "anything could happen" argument either. When I read the summary of that little bonus pamphlet it struck me as odd for Kuroneko's little sisters to be going over to Kirino to get advice or watch tv ten years in the future. One could come up with any number of reasons for that and there may be hints in the actual text suggesting one, but it was just the impression I got.
This was the point to which the entire story was developed into. By not putting much stock into this point, you are basically questioning the sense of the plot. I do think you are seeing this through a too realistic vision and not through the vision of fiction. As for Kuroneko's sisters, that really isn't odd, considering that they all stayed friends. I mean, right after their confession, they met up with Kuroneko and Saori the other day, which was only three days after Kyousuke's rejection of Kuroneko.
__________________
SigUp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 13:04   Link #458
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizoku-Ou View Post
When I read the summary of that little bonus pamphlet it struck me as odd for Kuroneko's little sisters to be going over to Kirino to get advice or watch tv ten years in the future. One could come up with any number of reasons for that and there may be hints in the actual text suggesting one, but it was just the impression I got.
It's not odd in the context of the story itself.
Spoiler for 10-year Reunion Short Story:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizoku-Ou View Post
Except, they can never really have an idealistic relationship. So much as living alone together in adulthood would create problems for them.
You're right that they can never quite have an ideal relationship blessed by everyone, but simply living alone together isn't that big a problem -- siblings are allowed to be room-mates, and it's not like I get the bios of all my next-door neighbours.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 15:42   Link #459
maplehurry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
You obviously don't have a sibling you were raised with, do you. Opposite sex siblings fighting and ignoring each other is the norm, not the exception.

Now the research that you claim questioned Westermark was one study from McGill University on genetically unrelated children raised together in Israeli kibbutzim; and was in relation to only that aspect of Westermark (communal living). The studies authors did not question reverse sexual imprinting as a whole, nor has that studies findings been verified by further studies.

Think for a second, you were raised in a society were sexual taboos now mean almost nothing (I'm assuming you're a Yank). How many gay people do you know or have heard of? quite a few right? Now, how many siblings do you know or have heard of that had a reciprocal sexual relationship? Probably none. Reverse imprinting is that strong.
That's why a guy with a hot sister is no more likely to want to bang her than bang his great-grandfather.
Your point is valid, until you make a hyperbole at the end that you CAN'T scientifically back up..

This study is also of interest: http://beheco.oxfordjournals.org/con.../beheco.art028, but still nothing conclusive either way of course, just that you shouldn't be so hasty in making "aggressive" claims as fact.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2013-08-31 at 16:07.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 23:42   Link #460
Kaizoku-Ou
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
This was the point to which the entire story was developed into. By not putting much stock into this point, you are basically questioning the sense of the plot. I do think you are seeing this through a too realistic vision and not through the vision of fiction. As for Kuroneko's sisters, that really isn't odd, considering that they all stayed friends. I mean, right after their confession, they met up with Kuroneko and Saori the other day, which was only three days after Kyousuke's rejection of Kuroneko.
The story does make a point of reminding everyone that certain things can't happen in the real world and all the characters, including Kyousuke and Kirino readily acknowledge as much. However, it would be more accurate to say I don't put much stock in the characters making promises and saying they will never do "x" as they welch too much for it to have credibility. At the end of the story it is fairly clear the situation will remain complicated and subject to change, so presumably there will still be much welching in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's not odd in the context of the story itself.
Spoiler for 10-year Reunion Short Story:
I did read the summary so I know this much. Even lacking in specific mentions of other characters, it may still be intended to give subtle hints, though. It may simply hint at the situation unintentionally, since the author would hopefully have an idea of what the circumstances would be at that point and thus devise a scenario that would be logical under the aforementioned circumstances.

Certainly, I can understand Kirino and Kuroneko staying friends ten years later, but it is specifically her little sisters going to visit Kirino on their own that I find odd. Ten years after the events of the series they would presumably not have been living under the same roof as Kuroneko for many years and would undoubtedly have friends closer to their own age. Her being a friend of their older sister, no matter how close, seems somewhat insufficient to explain them being so close to her ten years later that they would head over to her place on their own to watch TV and get advice on family.

Quote:
You're right that they can never quite have an ideal relationship blessed by everyone, but simply living alone together isn't that big a problem -- siblings are allowed to be room-mates, and it's not like I get the bios of all my next-door neighbours.
Were they to live together alone they would have to be secretive and likely would end up lying about their relationship to neighbors in some fashion, and that says nothing of how they would keep their parents unaware. In adulthood the parents may not be able to separate them, but that is hardly the only reason why they would want their parents to be in the dark.
Kaizoku-Ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.