AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2013-04-20, 18:02   Link #1
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

network issue, need advice

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, it this seems like a networking problem to me.
I am having a bit of problem with my home network. There are 3 computers in my house, all used by me an no one else, and all 3 are connected through a old style Cat6 connection hub to my ISP. However, my bandwidth is constantly maxed out or over used; I get 95gb a month through my internet plan. I stop using torrent or other kind of file streaming of sort, but I do play World of tanks, play Aion and I do use to watch some anime on youtube. So I DL the program called NetWorx and it said that I am uploading 2MB of data for every 1MB downloaded. So I ran virus and spybot scans on the comps and nothing turns up, what is going on?
Is that program broken? Am I being hacked? what is going on?
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 16:43   Link #2
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
My guess is that the online games you're playing are where the "uploading" is occurring. Packets on information are "downloaded" to your computer so you can access them, then your computer uploads data at the same time for others- that's how real-time MMOs are played.

Not being offensive here, but I think you need a better ISP or plan. 95GB/month for anyone who uses any sort of diligent web browsing/downloading/watching video will eat through that amount in no time flat. Not sure if the other three computers are communicating between each other through the network and wasting further packets either. I'd leave only one computer running at a time.
Old 2013-04-21, 21:22   Link #3
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

ok, thanks, will look into better plan
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 15:55   Link #4
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Youtube also sucks up a lot of bandwidth.... so you should use alternatives if you can.
Old 2013-07-11, 10:17   Link #5
SummeryDreams

May I ask some questions here as I'm having problems with my internet as well.. Did you just mean an internet connection of 95gbps? You mean that fast? Sorry, but I'm not sort of an IT person.. Just wondering though, thanks!
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 13:47   Link #6
PositronCannon
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
May I ask some questions here as I'm having problems with my internet as well.. Did you just mean an internet connection of 95gbps? You mean that fast? Sorry, but I'm not sort of an IT person.. Just wondering though, thanks!
No, 95GB is the max amount of traffic per month he's allowed (without having to pay extra, I assume). Meaning, downloading or uploading 95GB of data in that timespan.

(And I was about to reply to the OP, then realized the topic is 3 months old ).
PositronCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 08:22   Link #7
Dr. Casey

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the fastest available consumer internet is only around 1 gbps, lol. At the current rate of advancement with bandwidth increasing around 50 percent per year, 95 gbps should be more like high-speed of internet of the mid-2020s (with terabit internet coming to pass around 2030).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote