AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2013-08-28, 23:34   Link #4241
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedX View Post
Well, I kinda wish I could find the 10 year after mini story, haven't found it. Just nice to have something that shows not all friendships was lost over these events. As insignificant and otherwise vague as it may be.
This story focuses on Kuroneko's two younger sisters meeting with Kirino, and doesn't really say much about anyone else -- although it certainly stands to reason that Kirino and Kuroneko are still friends too.

The only "friendship" that I really see being lost at the end of the day was the friendship with Manami, and even that may heal at some point years later (when they can all look back and laugh). I don't think that Ayase will stop being friends with Kirino by any means, and we know that the "Otaku Girls Unite" club is still meeting. So it really wasn't "scorched earth" as much as it may have seemed at first glance.
Old 2013-08-29, 04:13   Link #4242
lyngriz

Pretty much seems like the new member of"otaku girl unite" is Ayase for me.In the story with the stalker she was caught buying a figurine for her.

Quote:
The only "friendship" that I really see being lost at the end of the day was the friendship with Manami,
Why did you put friendship in quote here? It was quite obvious that all the stuff Manami did to make Kyou fall for her was so he would not be with Kirino .She said it herself that everything began when she learned Kirino was in loved with her brother.Plus it s not that she s against their relationship but more like she wants Kyou to be happy and knows that there will be a lot a trouble awaiting them ahead and thinks it s bettter if they broke up.
She s exactly what Kyousuke said "the best friend".She never was in love with Kyousuke so there s a near no chance that their relationship is lost.

Moving on, I m kind of disappointed learning the content of "10 years later".I was hopping to learn a bit more about Kiri x Kyou future relationship ...
lyngriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 20:11   Link #4243
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This story focuses on Kuroneko's two younger sisters meeting with Kirino, and doesn't really say much about anyone else -- although it certainly stands to reason that Kirino and Kuroneko are still friends too.

The only "friendship" that I really see being lost at the end of the day was the friendship with Manami, and even that may heal at some point years later (when they can all look back and laugh). I don't think that Ayase will stop being friends with Kirino by any means, and we know that the "Otaku Girls Unite" club is still meeting. So it really wasn't "scorched earth" as much as it may have seemed at first glance.
So it doesn't say anything about Kyousuke and Kirino's future? I wish the author actually gave us some details I personally hate open endings >.<

Last edited by Preciize; 2013-08-30 at 20:26.
Preciize is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 22:16   Link #4244
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
So it doesn't say anything about Kyousuke and Kirino's future? I wish the author actually gave us some details I personally hate open endings >.<
It's not an open ending, they ended the series in a de facto relationship

But yeah i understand what you means. I just need 2 pages of manga or 20 seconds of anime to make it right:

6 years later, we will see adult Kirino wearing apron chopping up vegetables in the kitchen. Then she hear the front door noise, walked out, see Kyousuke coming back from work. Then she smile, walk up, give him a 'welcome home' kiss on the lip. Done. Finished. We will be all happy about the ending
Old 2013-08-31, 22:18   Link #4245
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It's not an open ending, they ended the series in a de facto relationship

But yeah i understand what you means. I just need 2 pages of manga or 20 seconds of anime to make it right:

6 years later, we will see adult Kirino wearing apron chopping up vegetables in the kitchen. Then she hear the front door noise, walked out, see Kyousuke coming back from work. Then she smile, walk up, give him a 'welcome home' kiss on the lip. Done. Finished. We will be all happy about the ending
Exactly! I personally interpret the ending as they continue their forbidden relationship in secret but still ...

I know the author, who wanted a true incest ending, was pressured by the publisher and public to make Oreimo end the way it did but I'd still like to see some closure of them in the future
Old 2013-09-01, 01:09   Link #4246
jandkas

Darn Publisher ruining the integrity of stories. If only the author could draw his own illustrations and just go post on twitter a illustration of what RisingStar said.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 03:03   Link #4247
Wilshere

I liked the mini-drama CD of Volume 3 of the BDs. What mainly caught my attention is that they have put the Kyousuke-Akagi conversation in Volume 7(where Akagi hides in Sena's closet) and towards the end, they reveal what Kirino had said to Ria about Kyousuke(that part was actually cute). Also liked the interaction between the siblings in this one. Loved Ayase's reaction when she misunderstood that Kirino and Kyousuke still bath together
Old 2013-09-04, 17:36   Link #4248
protheus
short series addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
Darn Publisher ruining the integrity of stories. If only the author could draw his own illustrations and just go post on twitter a illustration of what RisingStar said.
I prefer seeing new works from the author getting published, instead of a concrete ending to one series.
Old 2013-09-04, 18:51   Link #4249
the-crocodile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkas View Post
well it wasn't only the publisher, two month before the release of the last novel in japan was approved a law that banned some content in manga and anime wich aren't +18 (if i remember right oreimo it's +16). But even with this "implicit" ending it's pretty obvious that they continued their relationship (when kyosuke kiss kirino she run off but was smiling because was happy of that and she talk about " life counseling when we get home" and life counseling about what? ) i wanted too a more "explicit" ending but even this it's okay. Maybe the author can make a sequel with new element maybe some disturb elements for kirino and kyosuke (the new member of the Otaku Girl United?) Or take something from the psp game like the fact that kyosuke it's kirino cousin or the episode when kirino lost her memory and she forget about her otaku hobbies and the friend that she made in the last years technically the author can do it, he's the one who wrote the kirino route for the psp game (and he stated that want to expand oreimo story so i will hope forever for a sequel and if it's necessary make it +18)
the-crocodile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 20:22   Link #4250
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-crocodile View Post
well it wasn't only the publisher, two month before the release of the last novel in japan was approved a law that banned some content in manga and anime wich aren't +18 (if i remember right oreimo it's +16).
Well, that law was never actually passed, and even then it wouldn't have affected novels (which were exempt)... but, even still, I suppose you could say there's a bit of a tough political culture in some circles, and the publisher has their own editorial policy. Kirino had also become a bit of a mascot for the Dengeki brand, so there's probably a bit of a limit to just how much controversy they wanted to attract for an all-ages work.

But honestly, although much has been made about the author's comments that a more explicit ending isn't possible in Dengeki Bunko, I don't take that so much to mean that the author ever had some other ending in mind and editorial told him "no". But he, like Kirino and Kyousuke, have to try to conform to the rules imposed on him, even if it's only on the surface and his true feelings run deeper. There's a nice parallelism going on there in the way the ending was written and the author's own mindset when writing it.
Old 2013-09-04, 20:29   Link #4251
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So it really wasn't "scorched earth" as much as it may have seemed at first glance.
I never expected it to be as harsh as Kyousuke thought it would be. My feeling was that Kyousuke was getting a bit removed from reality in noticing human resilience with relationships. I suppose both his living an "average" life and all the life counselling he did screwed his perspective.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 22:21   Link #4252
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Sorry for the delayed approval here (just noticed this post now).
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyngriz View Post
Pretty much seems like the new member of"otaku girl unite" is Ayase for me.In the story with the stalker she was caught buying a figurine for her.
I actually was thinking of this earlier today. It would be completely consistent with the story for Ayase to be the new recruit given her newfound friendship with Kuroneko (and the suggestion that she would join), and would actually be a very good way to tie everything together at the end of the story. In that sense, I'm a bit surprised that they didn't actually show this (or further hint towards it) as it would have tied up one extra loose end. But, by the same token, I think that takes the emphasis off of what they were trying to hint about Kirino and Kyousuke in the Epilogue, and could instead send a message that "the battle for Kyousuke's heart is back on; Round 2"... and I think that isn't the point the author intended for the last volume on the whole.

The story ended in a pretty delicate way, all things considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyngriz View Post
Why did you put friendship in quote here? It was quite obvious that all the stuff Manami did to make Kyou fall for her was so he would not be with Kirino .She said it herself that everything began when she learned Kirino was in loved with her brother.Plus it s not that she s against their relationship but more like she wants Kyou to be happy and knows that there will be a lot a trouble awaiting them ahead and thinks it s bettter if they broke up.
She s exactly what Kyousuke said "the best friend".She never was in love with Kyousuke so there s a near no chance that their relationship is lost.
This is an interesting argument, but I'm just not so sure that I can totally agree. Manami certainly showed plenty of signs that she wanted Kyousuke to notice her as a potential love interest, and this was even before she had any idea that Kyousuke was on the road to patching things up with Kirino. The reason why Kirino had to provoke Manami was to get her to reveal her deepset emotional reason for her grudge, and that wasn't simply about it being "wrong". And Kyousuke's comment at the end of the fight was that this was the end of both of their first loves, right after Kyousuke rejected her confession and said that he chose Kirino instead. (She phrased it as a hypothetical, but the tears in her eyes weren't just for show or because a "good friend" was about to do something he shouldn't do.)

I think that if Manami and Kyousuke are going to repair their friendship, I think it'll take some time. For now, I think he needs to give her some space. I think he'd also want to consider Kirino's feelings as well; I don't think he wants to send the mixed-message that he's getting it on again with her main romantic rival when he just spent so much effort to close all those doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I never expected it to be as harsh as Kyousuke thought it would be. My feeling was that Kyousuke was getting a bit removed from reality in noticing human resilience with relationships. I suppose both his living an "average" life and all the life counselling he did screwed his perspective.
I think that Kyousuke's main objective was to try to make it as clear as humanly possible to everyone what his choice was so there wouldn't be any more misunderstandings. This is why I sort of like the book's intimation that he had to summon his "Super Kyousuke" persona to build up his resistance to the emotional damage he knew he was going to cause by making that choice. In that state of mind, it was a bit "damn the consequences"... which is hurtful, but in his view ultimately less hurtful than the status quo. Having gone through all that, I imagine that part of him thinks that he doesn't deserve their friendships... but because admitting his own feelings was such a realization to him, I think he neglected to consider that other people (like Kuroneko) had him figured out long before he did. It was still a shock but, once they got over it, it wasn't actually that surprising other than that they were both actually admitting it.

So yeah, rationally speaking I think Kyousuke could have expected this wouldn't be the end of all friendships... but his suddenly-admitted feelings didn't seem rational to him at that time.
Old 2013-09-04, 23:45   Link #4253
type-R!

One thing I liked keeping track of in the novels was how Kyousuke started resembling Kirino in her stubbornness and tsundere attitude. Just count the number of times he says 'I'm not doing it for her sake but for mine' or 'Just to be clear I hate my little sister' right before throwing himself into the fire for her sake. I also like how at several times he managed to stop short of saying that he is starting to truly care for her and simply interrupts that thought and continues with whaterver is going on

By the way, maybe it is just me but I find a scene in chapter 3 of volume 6 very endearing: when they visit Saori for the first time, and while at her door, Saori (which they didn't recognize) surprises and scares them with a rifle she was carrying (they did think she was serious and got genuinely scared). She then points it at Kirino while jokingly saying she will shoot at her face, and Kyousuke immediately jumps in front of Kirino to use his body as a shield, while poor Kuroneko was left standing alone .
Of course some would say that he did so out of pure instinct (even Kyousuke himself says so), or that had he already been dating Kuroneko by that time, he might have done something else. But nonetheless, I find this scene as a nice extra in Kyousuke's feelings for Kirino.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 03:22   Link #4254
SigUp
Kiririn on vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
One thing I liked keeping track of in the novels was how Kyousuke started resembling Kirino in her stubbornness and tsundere attitude. Just count the number of times he says 'I'm not doing it for her sake but for mine' or 'Just to be clear I hate my little sister' right before throwing himself into the fire for her sake. I also like how at several times he managed to stop short of saying that he is starting to truly care for her and simply interrupts that thought and continues with whaterver is going on

By the way, maybe it is just me but I find a scene in chapter 3 of volume 6 very endearing: when they visit Saori for the first time, and while at her door, Saori (which they didn't recognize) surprises and scares them with a rifle she was carrying (they did think she was serious and got genuinely scared). She then points it at Kirino while jokingly saying she will shoot at her face, and Kyousuke immediately jumps in front of Kirino to use his body as a shield, while poor Kuroneko was left standing alone .
Of course some would say that he did so out of pure instinct (even Kyousuke himself says so), or that had he already been dating Kuroneko by that time, he might have done something else. But nonetheless, I find this scene as a nice extra in Kyousuke's feelings for Kirino.
Yeah, the siblings are more alike than they realize.
As for the second point, I always had the feeling that Kyousuke was not head over heels in love with Kuroneko. Of course he was smitten by her interest in him and a little bit high with the prospect of a first girlfriend. But I found it quite telling that he had to contemplate going out with her for quite some time and kind of needed Kirino's push to get him over the top. That isn't to say that he had no feelings for her, but they were developed more through their interaction afterwards, rather than than him falling for her before.
Old 2013-09-05, 14:52   Link #4255
the-crocodile

I've noted that a lot of people didn't understand the ending (and the fact that kirino and kyosuke actually haven't broke their relation) and say that the ending is bad, well i can't understand how those people with all the hint haven't figured it yet
Old 2013-09-05, 16:45   Link #4256
the-crocodile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
I think, the people who don't understand the ending are for the big part only the anime watchers. If they read the novel the ending will be obvious. It is not like you have to dig very deep in the story to understand the ending or something. The hints in this novel are practically saying to you ''dude, their relationship continues!!!''.
Well i watched only the anime at first (i finished it one week ago) but i have watched the last episode one more time (Wedding scene šAš ) and i realized it (i think perhaps that's only an excuse for the haters ). Obviously after the anime i started immediately with the novels (not finished yet), the manga (for curiosity), with kuroneko spin-off manga and actually i'm playing the psp game
Old 2013-09-05, 16:47   Link #4257
protheus
short series addict

Incest ending isn't everyone's thing, so there will be a lot rejecting even the idea of that being possible.
Old 2013-09-05, 17:13   Link #4258
Sakura_Tsuki

Quote:
I've noted that a lot of people didn't understand the ending (and the fact that kirino and kyosuke actually haven't broke their relation) and say that the ending is bad, well i can't understand how those people with all the hint haven't figured it yet
I think, the people who don't understand the ending are for the big part only the anime watchers. If they read the novel the ending will be obvious. It is not like you have to dig very deep in the story to understand the ending or something. The hints in this novel are practically saying to you ''dude, their relationship continues!!!''.

Quote:
Well i watched only the anime at first (i finished it one week ago) but i have watched the last episode one more time (Wedding scene šAš ) and i realized it (i think perhaps that's only an excuse for the haters ). Obviously after the anime i started immediately with the novels (not finished yet), the manga (for curiosity), with kuroneko spin-off manga and actually i'm playing the psp game
I agree with you. The anime also has enough hints. Re-watching it again and paying attention, you will see the hints clearly. So far the reason some people use to justifies that it is an 'open ending' or a 'bad ending' didn't convince me at all. Well, in the end it is their opinion and I respect that.

I think the author did something unique. He wrote a story with a well hidden incest plot. I have watched/read a lot of things and I have to tell you this is the first time I read/watched a story like this. It looks like a normal story but if you pay attention it is not like that at all. And it is not easy to write a story about incest, and the author did something extraordinary. He wrote a story that had that kind of plot but he disguised it very well. That is why it is hard to understand the true ending if you don't pay attention to the hints.

Oreimo is a masterpiece. I think it is very hard to find a story like this again in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
Incest ending isn't everyone's thing, so there will be a lot rejecting even the idea of that being possible.
Yes, that is true Protheus, I also think this is the main reason why people hate it so much.

Last edited by Sakura_Tsuki; 2013-09-05 at 17:43.
Sakura_Tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 21:04   Link #4259
jrod

In LN 12, when Kyousuke told Sakurai that the person he likes three years ago and the person he likes now is not the same, was he referring to Manami(3 years ago) and Kirino (now) OR was he referring to Kirino afterall? (Poor athlete, brother-sticker 3 years ago; Star athlete, Idol now)

I inteprete that Sakurai thought Kyousuke was refering to Manami all along, but I am confused to who these two persons are from Kyousuke's perspective.
jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 05:53   Link #4260
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post
In LN 12, when Kyousuke told Sakurai that the person he likes three years ago and the person he likes now is not the same, was he referring to Manami(3 years ago) and Kirino (now) OR was he referring to Kirino afterall? (Poor athlete, brother-sticker 3 years ago; Star athlete, Idol now)

I inteprete that Sakurai thought Kyousuke was refering to Manami all along, but I am confused to who these two persons are from Kyousuke's perspective.
This is actually tricky. If anything, Kyousuke never showed any interested in Manami. But considered that he need Manami pointed out to him that he was trying to showed off to Kirino without realizing, I don't think this is the case. Maybe it's just a polite way to say 'sorry'.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen, siblings