AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-04, 16:18   Link #901
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
somebody was trying to take over my monopoly of elm lumber by selling alot at 70gil each!! so i bought them all and sold them for 200gil each!!! sold in less then 2 hrs lol

I love games like these
I used to do that in EQ2 with my alchemy shop. Potion monopolist. I wasn't mean so much as the idiots were selling potions for less than it cost to make them. I'd just mark them up for a profit and $$.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 20:58   Link #902
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
somebody was trying to take over my monopoly of elm lumber by selling alot at 70gil each!! so i bought them all and sold them for 200gil each!!! sold in less then 2 hrs lol

I love games like these
NQ Elm lumber sold for 200G each? I better level up my botanist then
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 23:47   Link #903
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I used to do that in EQ2 with my alchemy shop. Potion monopolist. I wasn't mean so much as the idiots were selling potions for less than it cost to make them. I'd just mark them up for a profit and $$.
i feel you $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
NQ Elm lumber sold for 200G each? I better level up my botanist then
damn straight, a couple of days ago they were selling for 300 and HQ was selling for 5-600, i made 50000gil that day ^^
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 01:26   Link #904
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Being able to login feels good. Only issue I really had was some duty related crashes leading to 3012, but that's rectified easily enough (waiting 5 minutes before logging in again) and only happened once out of 10 times. I think they fixed it by now too.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 14:49   Link #905
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i feel you $$$



damn straight, a couple of days ago they were selling for 300 and HQ was selling for 5-600, i made 50000gil that day ^^
It is 100+ over here. Many people just simply don't care in a legacy server - tons of people having lv50 stats all over the place.

On the other hand, finding people for dungeon is tough. I hate this shit.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 18:02   Link #906
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
waiting for dungeons as a DPS is hell.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 18:31   Link #907
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
waiting for dungeons as a DPS is hell.
That is why I am training my Marauder and Conjurer at the same time too. Archer is only used for the mainquest.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 19:37   Link #908
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
I've discovered there's no way to mail items between your own characters because ... you can't friend them because they aren't online. No shared bank either.

Now there's an annoyance - especially with crafting components.

I realize that scheme was probably to reduce mail spam ("whitelist") but ... eyah.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 19:55   Link #909
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've discovered there's no way to mail items between your own characters because ... you can't friend them because they aren't online. No shared bank either.

Now there's an annoyance - especially with crafting components.

I realize that scheme was probably to reduce mail spam ("whitelist") but ... eyah.
Fortunately, it is much easier to get components because most of the stuff you can farm can be also bought from the guild suppliers. *shudders at the thought of v1.0 market prices*

Levelling crafting skills can be a pain; it is recommended that you craft 1 level up if you already have a supply stash of mats, then hit level 30 ASAP so you can craft level 20-25 HQ items for sale.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 20:26   Link #910
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: akihabara :D
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Fortunately, it is much easier to get components because most of the stuff you can farm can be also bought from the guild suppliers. *shudders at the thought of v1.0 market prices*

Levelling crafting skills can be a pain; it is recommended that you craft 1 level up if you already have a supply stash of mats, then hit level 30 ASAP so you can craft level 20-25 HQ items for sale.
I haven't given it a try but, is it possible to lvl DoH through battle? I was thinking about doing some fate grinding with my ARM and BSM.
__________________

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 21:15   Link #911
Mow Yun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
GAHHHHHHHH


Computer crashes while I'm in the middle of a dungeon and now I can't log back in because of "already logged in" error >:[
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 21:46   Link #912
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've discovered there's no way to mail items between your own characters because ... you can't friend them because they aren't online. No shared bank either.

Now there's an annoyance - especially with crafting components.

I realize that scheme was probably to reduce mail spam ("whitelist") but ... eyah.
You can only send things to people who are online at that moment? That's pretty stupid, that's not even how mail works. Also pretty annoying you can't add people to your friends list if they're not online. Seriously, wtf?
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 21:55   Link #913
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
You can only send things to people who are online at that moment? That's pretty stupid, that's not even how mail works. Also pretty annoying you can't add people to your friends list if they're not online. Seriously, wtf?
Each restriction sounds like some duct tape reaction to spamming or stalking - it also sounds like solutions that assume someone is only going to play one character (since one character can have "all the classes").

For those of us who like to take on different persona (more than one) --- yeah, it looks crazy. The friends list thing ... sounds like an anti-stalk. I have already had a couple of people try to friend me without asking or talking first (like the driveby guild invites for unguilded characters but creepier ).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 22:21   Link #914
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CO, USA
If anyone is having problem leveling crafting class around level 20 or so, doing DoH leve's help out alot. If you turn in a HQ item instead of the normal one, you get an extra 200% exp (total of 300). A typical level 20 leve gives around 4000 to 6000 exp, so giving HQ item will net 12k-18k a pop, and most are pretty easy to finish.
__________________
Nochgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 22:31   Link #915
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
If anyone is having problem leveling crafting class around level 20 or so, doing DoH leve's help out alot. If you turn in a HQ item instead of the normal one, you get an extra 200% exp (total of 300). A typical level 20 leve gives around 4000 to 6000 exp, so giving HQ item will net 12k-18k a pop, and most are pretty easy to finish.
Above 20 is easy because of that as you have higher craftsmanship and control stats on your gear, that is HQ-ing the leves is the way to go.

On the lower end, you tend to fail so you have to craft mostly by volume until you get Basic Touch.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 23:09   Link #916
Sagi
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
I'm having a hard time understanding the world map.
I know where I have to go but I don't know how to get there.
nvm I already figured it out.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 03:19   Link #917
kyp275
ZA ZOMBIE!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere in the EVE cluster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
You can only send things to people who are online at that moment? That's pretty stupid, that's not even how mail works. Also pretty annoying you can't add people to your friends list if they're not online. Seriously, wtf?
No, you can send items to anyone on your friend list at anytime, online or not.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 04:03   Link #918
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
where are good places for lvl 15+ leves for field and trade craft? i need to increase my levels on those
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 10:48   Link #919
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
where are good places for lvl 15+ leves for field and trade craft? i need to increase my levels on those
All the good leves are at home (Gridania, Limsa, Uldah). Though finding materials can be a pain in the ass.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 15:03   Link #920
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Gathering seems to be a real leisurely tea and crumpets thing.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mmorpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.